Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Just now, DabigRG said:

Also, where did that render of Knuckles in your signature come from?

That's Knuckles' forward edge-balance animation in Sonic Mania. There's been some videos of Knuckles gameplay recently. 

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

That's Knuckles' forward edge-balance animation in Sonic Mania. There's been some videos of Knuckles gameplay recently. 

No kidding?! I need to go find this, then.

So, then, what will Overdrive be about?

According to Sonic editor Vincent Lovallo, "Overdrive picks up right where The Next Level left off with Sonic and friends on the hunt for the mystical Chaos Emeralds."

"Their power is the only hope our heroes have at stopping Dr. Eggman's destructive Mega Drive weapon," added Lovallo. "Featuring a whopping 30 pages of story, the final chapter of the Mega Drive series arrives in comic shops March 2017. You won't wanna miss this epic conclusion celebrating 25 years of Sonic!"

Now we know the final part will have 30 pages and we know the release date is March 2017 instead of the original Spring 2017 placeholder. Nice.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was hoping the Chaos Emeralds and Super Sonic wouldn't be shoehorned into Mega Drive. Is it too much to ask for a major arc without them?

And considering Eggman has the Master Emerald, can't he just use it to negate the Chaos Emeralds and guarantee victory? And if they're collecting all seven and finishing the arc in 30 pages, I fear there may be some pacing issues. (Unless we get a montage of Special Stages or something)

• Thumbs Up 1

Eggman could have done that in S3&K too theoretically, but I guess he'll be using it for something else again. Or maybe Eggman isn't even aware of how to use it to neutralise the Chaos Emeralds, nothing suggests that it's common knowledge, even in SA2 where Rouge comes up with the plan because Knuckles told her it had that power. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Because #1s sell better, apparently. 

If thats the case every sonic issue should be #01 ;P

But seriously its kind of dumb when this is clearly a trilogy, they still would've sold great even if they had #02 and #03 as issue numbers.

• Thumbs Up 2

Three different #1s I could see the public falling for, especially with the irregular release schedule. I doubt they'd buy a new #1 monthly (although Archie kinda do that anyway with the emphasis on arc numbering). 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Forte-the-Bell-Tolls said:

I was hoping the Chaos Emeralds and Super Sonic wouldn't be shoehorned into Mega Drive. Is it too much to ask for a major arc without them?

And considering Eggman has the Master Emerald, can't he just use it to negate the Chaos Emeralds and guarantee victory? And if they're collecting all seven and finishing the arc in 30 pages, I fear there may be some pacing issues. (Unless we get a montage of Special Stages or something)

Kinda expected the Chaos Emeralds to pop up somewhere mostly because of the fact that this was another anniversary story, and one that's not even being told within the main book itself by in individual books. What better way to end things with a bang than Super Sonic? Even if us dedicated readers literally just got Super Sonic...

Also, this is the classic era, so I think it's safe to assume that Eggman doesn't completely know that extra info on the Master Emerald like he probably knows in the modern era. Just like how Knuckles and Sonic in Mega Drive do not know that the Master Emerald really can break apart. lol

1 hour ago, goku262002 said:

If thats the case every sonic issue should be #01 ;P

We practically already have that, anyway.  Ever notice how Part 1 of most of the post-reboot arcs have had a giant "#1" in the corner, while the later parts don't beef up the part number as much?  That's marketing magic at work.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

We practically already have that, anyway.  Ever notice how Part 1 of most of the post-reboot arcs have had a giant "#1" in the corner, while the later parts don't beef up the part number as much?  That's marketing magic at work.

Smart. Attract new readers, keep the numbering.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just read issue 91 of SU. It's a good issue.

Spoiler

Something tells me that Razor was a part of this pirate crew before getting kicked out. Don't think Abyss is involved either.

EDIT 3439: So, interesting fact about those Megadrive covers. 

Apparently, the style is based on different Japanese boxarts for the Sonic games! Mainly Sonic Jam, CD and Spinball in that order.

Cvzoer1UMAAQ431.png

We need a bigger raw version of the last cover, that one is too good!

• Thumbs Up 7

11 hours ago, Spoopy Flare said:

Hide contents

Something tells me that Razor was a part of this pirate crew before getting kicked out. Don't think Abyss is involved either.

EDIT 3439: So, interesting fact about those Megadrive covers. 

Apparently, the style is based on different Japanese boxarts for the Sonic games! Mainly Sonic Jam, CD and Spinball in that order.

Cvzoer1UMAAQ431.png

We need a bigger raw version of the last cover, that one is too good!

Yeah. Miles better than Sonic #287, funnily enough.

So uhh... Just checked my mail box and seen I was sent another copy of Mega Drive: Next Level. Weird. I know someone else in this topic said they received a second copy, so I'm wondering if us two just got lucky in getting extra copies, or did something happen over at Archie that may be causing a lot of people to receieve free second copies of the issue? 

14 hours ago, Spoopy Flare said:

Reveal hidden contents

I haven't read the issue yet, but...

According to Razor's backstory, he was indeed apart of a pirate crew.

Razor backstory.png

So it definitely would be interesting to see Razor confront his old crew again if this is them and see conflict between them. We could even understand what "philosophical" disagreement they had in the past that caused Razor to get kicked from the group.

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎27‎.‎10‎.‎2016 at 10:59 PM, Tylinos said:

Universe 91 and The Next Level just came in for me today.  ...Except The Next Level also came in for me yesterday.  I'm not exactly complaining that I got two copies, but it's...weird? (Especially since yesterday's came packed in cardboard along with my order receipt, while today's was just plastic wrapped like a normal subscription issue.) Has anyone else had something like this happen to them when ordering single issues?

Well, to all of you guys having this issue, I've "got" two copies of both StH #278 and Mega Drive to the shop I use to order them, both were kind-of one-time orders (StH and SU usually come to me as an ongoing order), so I can see a pattern here.

They get their comics from Diamond in that shop so I'm not certain whether it's Archie or the distributor to blame. I just feel sorry for ordering Mega Drive issues since they're hard to get rid of, that single-issue-box on the corner might still hold that other MD issue since I don't really have the money to buy loads of the same issue, being poor student and all. It just baffles me if this is the way how Archie got the second-printing, if you get what I mean...

Speaking of Diamond, I got the namedrop from the clerk because of SU #91 wasn't there when I checked on Thursday, they said "plane was possibly too full" or something. I suppose this kind of small country isn't first in their list of getting stuff on precise date. Funny since they've come in here on exact time for some time until that last StH issue.

• Thumbs Up 1