Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I would love another Blaze arc. I'm looking forward to the Freedom Fighters arc.

SU #92 war pretty fun to read and it was nice to hear more about Razor's backstory.

Spoiler

And Princess Undina is soooo spoiled! XD

... but I wouldn't really trust her...

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Yeah, didn't Ian say that Blaze was the most difficult for him to write an arc for given how little we know of her dimension and had to be with another character for him to make it work? I coulda swore he said something along those lines, but either way, I wouldn't expect a Blaze arc too soon unless one of our other characters hitches a ride to the Sol Dimension again.

I think he did. Which is a little odd, since I would think Blaze's world had more of a solid foundation to it than Silver's, even if it is mostly island and pirate based.

17 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Something that's just occured to me: nowhere does it mention that "Freedom Fighters" is a 4-parter. Could it still be one and they just neglected to bring it up, or could this be an extended arc...?

Dude this is nothing new. They never indicate it's a 4-parter on the first issue (For some reason I'll never understand) then the second part has "Part 2 of 4" on it. Like chaosjam said the other parts are probably focused on Bunnie, Rotor and Sally.

Alright, this is starting to eat my nerves. Instead of SU #92 they got another SU #91 for me, and this is the 3rd time i got doubles! And this time it happened with continuing order. Now the clerk said they'll try to contact the other party for asking what's going on and could I actually get what I was "supposed" to get. Diamond or someone is really making a fine mess about this. I just hope I'll get that SU #95 on time (hopefully the variant one), and I sure hope it's going to be good... I hope the whole arc's good and not rushed like some earlier stories *end of the shattered word ahem*... It just feels as if you try to stuff all Freedom Fighters in one 4-part arc, it's going to be pretty full and no-nonsense arc at best. Somehow I hope they'll somehow extend it more towards the SU #100 so that they can have an actual #100 story arc about something, for at least one issue long arc, but again, please no rush...

Still, even if more stabilised I think Blaze's world is at the same time stricter considering what can happen due to the fact it has more connections to the games than Silver's world? I don't know about the others but at least that makes things more hard in my opinion. Still I think it's more about the fact how Blaze works as a character than anything else, the concept might just feel so intimidating or something it just becomes harder to actually use for some guys.

And now that I remember, wasn't Sonic Universe meant to have different kinds of stories more-or-less (still more less) connected to the "main story" in the first place? As in not really leaning towards either game cast or the other characters. In my eyes they were pretty mingled up in the stories and in arc-wise as well. The fact they've been nowadays more leaning towards game cast actually isn't that pure either, just consider how much of the arcs have had more and more characters not from the games. This isn't actually so black and white at all... And while not that pure, that leaning is probably just some extreme extension point to this system or something. By that fact I think it's just fair we get something about others, like wth "Spark of Life".

2 hours ago, BlueSky said:

And now that I remember, wasn't Sonic Universe meant to have different kinds of stories more-or-less (still more less) connected to the "main story" in the first place? As in not really leaning towards either game cast or the other characters. In my eyes they were pretty mingled up in the stories and in arc-wise as well. The fact they've been nowadays more leaning towards game cast actually isn't that pure either, just consider how much of the arcs have had more and more characters not from the games. This isn't actually so black and white at all... And while not that pure, that leaning is probably just some extreme extension point to this system or something. By that fact I think it's just fair we get something about others, like wth "Spark of Life".

Shadow, "second most popular character in the franchise", didn't really appeared in a main book since 196, I won't even mention Blaze. I know you're all exited for FF arc, but Sega cast kinda needs their SU.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, obviously, I'm not the kind of person who'd be all too excited about an Arc focused on the Freedom Fighters. I'll still buy it of course.

I'll admit to mostly wishing the Universe arcs stuck to the SEGA cast, though it's definitely not for any reason that deals with the book's quality. It all goes back to personal preference. I think Antione's a fine character but it's going to take a really well written story for me to be interested in his past.

Although, to be fair, I also tend not to get too excited for stories focused on Blaze either. She's always been one of those characters that I tend not to pay too much attention to. She's a creative and unique character but I've got a lack of interest specifically because my first impression wasn't that great and following up on her other appearances, while allowing for me to understand her more, didn't endear me much because of how much less fun she seemed.

That and I suppose I have a bit of envy for her considering how popular she is compared to the characters I like. That may also contribute to it too.

26 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Shadow, "second most popular character in the franchise", didn't really appeared in a main book since 196, I won't even mention Blaze. I know you're all exited for FF arc, but Sega cast kinda needs their SU.

Well, it's nice to see them once in a while, but if Shadows shoved in Universe all the time, how can one even expect him to have time to come for some time in the main book at all? Besides, sometimes I feel he gets about his fair share in the books. It all just seems to go as a kind of oscillation for his appearances. Sometimes he gets in more sometimes not so much. This actually applies to about any characters in the both books, besides Sonic but still. Actually, I couldn't care less in which book what happens as long as stuff that happens is good and has a plot. But I think I kind of get what you're going after here. But it wouldn't really feel that good either if they'd just stuff characters in arcs just because they're "popular" or something if there's no other meanings for having them in there. I'm still thinking Universe is ultimately for the stories worth telling for but hard to stuff in between the stuff happening in the main book (whether the characters are coming from Segas palette or not). Main's sometimes being disorganised and confusing enough as it is.

At least in his latest appearance in SU Shadow had a kind of vague reasons to be in the story, but reason nevertheless. And I think FF should not be banned just because of supposedly-for-the-Sega-characters image Universe seems to have. Same way the other book too considering Sega characters though.

I think it would be good to break some borders, but then again this seems to be an easier way to get what you want; you can kind of expect what kind of stories the books have and what kind of characters they have on them.

The fact I'm all hyped up is because of the story seems to be interesting enough, not because FF's are going to appear in Universe. I don't know about the others though...

SU arcs shouldn't be restricted to just the Game cast, honestly. It should be flexible to tell stories on the side, so there shouldn't be anything wrong with the FFs having an arc. They're not intruding or anything.

That said, and in all fairness, the FFs are the central characters of the comic instead of the "Classic Four" that some would prefer like the games. Not that I have an issue with them taking priority--I actually kinda like having the current cast mixed with senior characters like Sonic, Amy, and Sally, newcomers like Cream, and oddballs like Big and whoever else is convenient to tag along being the main stars instead of the senior most being prioritized like the games (and I wish the games did this with its cast)--but it's too big a setting for them to hog it all. Universe allows us to see beyond the main group that even the games are hesitant to do, so as interested as I am to know more of Antoine here, I can't fully blame anyone for feeling this would have been better off as one of the main issues.

NICOLE's SU is still awesome tho, idgaf what anyone says. :P

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh yeah here's the raw version of Su 95s main cover.

latest?cb=20161117215037

It should be a four parter right? 95-99, it would be just in time for standalone issue 100... It's not even a pending license approval...

Maybe the other freedom fighters may show up in secondary stories in the STH comics?

And I was wrong about the reference, it's Sonic 2, not 4... #kek

• Thumbs Up 7

15 hours ago, BlueSky said:

Well, it's nice to see them once in a while, but if Shadows shoved in Universe all the time,

Ow yeah, remember period 200-247. During those four years Shadow appeared in... one arc, and wasn't even part of main group (treasure team tango). And by extent Omega and Rouge had worse than him. Blaze whole comic career are 2 arcs, Collide and one really forgettable back up. Silver used to be good with a traitor plot, but we'll see how Reboot will treat him. Same to Chaotix, now that they aren't hanging out with Knuckles all the time. (Well fine, so far Reboot is being fairly kind...except for Blaze and Babylon Rouges)

I mean I get it "main book for FF, Universe for Sega cast" is a compromise that doesn't satisfy anybody, and ultimately telling good story is always more important than pandering fanbase. I love Shadow and Knuckles, but from "objective" point of view "Spark of Live" was better than "Chaos Caper" or "Shadow Fall". So ultimately I'm okay with FF getting their own arc. I just hope we'll get other way around too, with Sega cast (other than Classics) in main book. How about FF/Team Dark team-up, rather than Desert Riders or any other fascinating new FF team. That could be fun.

7 hours ago, Legendary Fusion Kahuna said:

Oh yeah here's the raw version of Su 95s main cover.

latest?cb=20161117215037

It should be a four parter right? 95-99, it would be just in time for standalone issue 100... It's not even a pending license approval...

Maybe the other freedom fighters may show up in secondary stories in the STH comics?

And I was wrong about the reference, it's Sonic 2, not 4... #kek

You counted that up wrong, a four-parter would he 95-98.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly I seriously think we need a Shadow comic. I just think there's plenty that can be done with him and G.U.N. Honestly I'd also say maybe give Silver his own book too. I could see loads of potential in a series that focused on Silver, Gold and Vonschlemmer traveling the multiverse trying to close the Genesis Portals and dealing with councils plans. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, BlueSky said:

Well, it's nice to see them once in a while, but if Shadows shoved in Universe all the time, how can one even expect him to have time to come for some time in the main book at all?

Isn't shoved in the main book all the time. Hell they havent addressed his story line with eclipse... in literally two years. It kind f makes the story worse because it ruins the sense of urgency. A think a lot of people forget these books come out by month and only see the numbers. 

16 hours ago, BlueSky said:

But it wouldn't really feel that good either if they'd just stuff characters in arcs just because they're "popular" or something if there's no other meanings for having them in there. 

Well.. A good writer can find ways to incorporate characters. Like blaze, someone please remember blaze. Also please remember virtual fighter 

5 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I mean I get it "main book for FF, Universe for Sega cast" is a compromise that doesn't satisfy anybody, and ultimately telling good story is always more important than pandering fanbase. I love Shadow and Knuckles, but from "objective" point of view "Spark of Live" was better than "Chaos Caper" or "Shadow Fall". So ultimately I'm okay with FF getting their own arc. I just hope we'll get other way around too, with Sega cast (other than Classics) in main book. How about FF/Team Dark team-up, rather than Desert Riders or any other fascinating new FF team. That could be fun.

I don't think spark of life was very good... nor do I think nicole is that interesting. Which makes the story worse, I have hope for Antoine though, he's actually interesting. I'm with you with an FF team dark team up, but to be honest I kind of just want shadow. The reason behind this is because I don't really think Omega and Rouge especially how reasonable she is post reboot would really get that much of reaction out of the group. I want like a rouge arc where she hangs out with chaotix , or an omega battle with metal sonic because those guys can actually create interesting situations due to their personalities clashing. Thats why I just want an FF story where they have to team up with shadow, because I feel like his existence and personality would just upset everyone and don't want buffers, he is a direct contrast to a lot of those dudes. 

but yeah the reverse happening of putting more game characters in the main book would be cool. Like knuckles, and blaze... please remember blaze and vurtua fighter. 

All that said, I'm not as worried about this FF thing in SU as some might be. It probably wont happen again for quite a while. so odds are it wont take up space, and if it goes poorly... then that definitely wont happen. So if it works out, cool good content is fine, if it doesn't then... welp? To early to call this thing an issue. 

13 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Honestly I seriously think we need a Shadow comic. I just think there's plenty that can be done with him and G.U.N. Honestly I'd also say maybe give Silver his own book too. I could see loads of potential in a series that focused on Silver, Gold and Vonschlemmer traveling the multiverse trying to close the Genesis Portals and dealing with councils plans. 

Ian has said if there was a candidate for a book about a character, it would probably be shadow. I would read it , don't know about the gun part though. Then again they could expand on them. 

I don't know about silver, but I would read an amy comic. 

Shadow getting a comic wouls be fulfilling all my dreams, not only for his sake, but for Rouge, Omega, and extra space that wouls get free in SU.

But with death of Sonic Boom comic, his chances are really slim. Silver's are nonexistent.

18 hours ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

SU arcs shouldn't be restricted to just the Game cast, honestly. It should be flexible to tell stories on the side, so there shouldn't be anything wrong with the FFs having an arc. They're not intruding or anything.

IMO, if anything, the mainline comics should be focused on the Game cast, and SU should let the expanded cast have their time in the spotlight. But that's just me.

1 hour ago, RJDodger said:

IMO, if anything, the mainline comics should be focused on the Game cast, and SU should let the expanded cast have their time in the spotlight. But that's just me.

Wouldn't sell. It's like making a TMNT spin-off about Old Hob, rather then Casey Jones. Or stars wars with Cad Bane instead of Boba Fett.

Oh boy, I think I've been making an unintended ruckus around here... :wacko: Well... let's tackle some other opinions as well now that I'm on it...

First: I'm not trying to offend anyone, please bear in mind I'm no native English talker so I might make points that may confuse you. Please feel free to correct me if I've gotten you all wrong in here.

21 hours ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

NICOLE's SU is still awesome tho, idgaf what anyone says. :P

*In Captain Theory voice:* I agree. It's pretty well-made and it actually had one of the very rare moments introducing the concept of how Dark Gaia affects "normal people". It was interesting and kept me wanting more trough the arc (and I think Big managed to be a pretty badass driver). And this is a pretty good post-reboot example why I think plots and stories mean more than just having one particular character in the issue.

Actually, about to have the particular characters in the books, I'd like to make some confessions right now. I myself am pretty fond of, even somewhat fixated on, some characters, but I haven't, and I will not stop reading/buying the books just because I don't see Antoine or Tails or someone else that much I'd like to. Heck, the biggest reason why I started to get Boom issues was they had a bit smaller main cast thus more possibilities to see Tails in action. And even that - smaller cast - will not guarantee anything. The plot goes how it goes. I'm by no means an any kind of professional plotmaker but my humble opinion is that if one character won't fit in one particular story in the whole web of plots that character doesn't really belong to that certain story. Instead, that character should be used in those stories they fit in better. Those moments when someone you like to see is in the issue and wont really make any point in being there kind of makes me sad since sometimes they're seen so rarely with anything to say I feel pretty happy to see them at all, more so when they actually contribute to the plot or at least say something that makes sense.

On to the next thing...

11 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Ow yeah, remember period 200-247. During those four years Shadow appeared in... one arc, and wasn't even part of main group (treasure team tango). And by extent Omega and Rouge had worse than him. Blaze whole comic career are 2 arcs, Collide and one really forgettable back up. Silver used to be good with a traitor plot, but we'll see how Reboot will treat him. Same to Chaotix, now that they aren't hanging out with Knuckles all the time. (Well fine, so far Reboot is being fairly kind...except for Blaze and Babylon Rouges)

Well, now I hope I had bolded and underlined that if I had in there. It was partly theoretical assumption and not to taken as a solid fact per se, sorry about that... I think Shadow was having it a bit better before that 200-> timeline, yet I think he's not seen that much in that period since there was so little room to use "the Ultimate Lifeform" so efficiently there would be a point having him in it. All the ideas I can come up with now would make him either entirely OOC or turn him into Gary Stu or something. I wouldn't like that. But maybe it's just because I'm no professional writer... I study to become someone who practically throws stuff in the wall and sees what sticks in it, makes a clever report out of it and tries to get enough money with that to stay alive. That actually sounded eerily same as writers...

But yeah, I suppose when the cast is so big it's hard to make enough room for all of them while trying to make everything fit to the continuity... And I'm not saying this for dissing Shadow, I have no ill will against him, really. Sometimes some characers who are pretty "big" just get left outside. I don't like it either but it sometimes happens.

11 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

How about FF/Team Dark team-up, rather than Desert Riders or any other fascinating new FF team. That could be fun.

Well, if someone comes up with an interesting plot I'd be all up to see that kind of stuff. :DAnd even if some solicits/other sources tell otherwise, Mr. Flynn has actually stated (in a BumbleKast episode) there's just one FF team. Hope I didn't hurt your feelings by this by sounding nitpicky, I didn't mean to be nasty or anything...

Onwards, onwards...

6 hours ago, SBR2 said:

That would be nice for me and not so nice to my poor bank account. :blush: I'm already a bit worried if I can keep up reading these two books for long scale...

But well, Archie doesn't seem to be in a position where it'd want to or could do such things. There's some big, boring "adult-stuff" in there I'm not too fond of, like... money in many ways... and others, like licencing and all...

Allons-y...

6 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Isn't shoved in the main book all the time. Hell they havent addressed his story line with eclipse... in literally two years. It kind f makes the story worse because it ruins the sense of urgency. A think a lot of people forget these books come out by month and only see the numbers. 

Eh... Let's see, I think I'll get my (t)rusty iron wire (something pun-kind of, won't make well in English, sorry) back here, just to be certain I get what you mean and I get that you got what I mean.

So: I meant: it's nice to see Shadow and others in the books. However if Shadow is in many arcs in Universe issues it's harder for him to make it to the main book. Just because he knows Chaos Control he wouldn't pull such stunts so easily (in-continuity-wise). In the end Shadow is not any kind of foreign minister who has to be in a ten places at the same time...

To me your comment seemed a bit like this: He isn't in the main book all the time. He hasn't got that much of a notions in it. It makes the story lose the pacing it should have and makes it worse than it would be if the pacing would be better.

I hope I got this right, I really do. You see, I'm no native and sometimes I'm afraid my train of thoughts makes the gap even bigger. Please correct me if I got you wrong. :unsure:

I just think I kind of lost the first centence you had in there. I thought about Shadow being possibly showed in that many Universe arcs it would be hard for him to make it into main books because of that. It just baffles me a bit why you quoted me when it seemed to me as a bit different to what you had in your mind.

All in all, Eclipse got a mention in SU #87, but yeah, it isn't the main book so yeah,.. But guys, please. The story happens in its own pace. I'm pretty certain it didn't take in comic verse as long as in here. I know, I'm not that used to the comics with continuing story that come out just once in a month with few pages worth of story filled with adds. Comics are a bit different around here, at least those I read. Like, some come out slower, maybe once in a year or even slower but with the whole "arc-worth" of story in one album (something BD (as in francophonic comics) albums tend to do) or at least there's more material than just few pages (for example OP comes here in pocket book format, usually nowadays 4 times in a year). Because of this I've kind of grown to think about more of the time used in-universe than in-between waiting for the issues, I'm not that fast-paced yet I'd feel bummed for one entirety taking more than few years. OP has made me sturdy enough. ;) So please excuse me being perhaps one of those number-watchers. I mean no harm by it. It just makes sense to me.

... you know the flow by now I suppose...

7 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Well.. A good writer can find ways to incorporate characters. Like blaze, someone please remember blaze. Also please remember virtual fighter 

Yes, and they can also take their sweet time by doing it. And please, Blaze got and became once pretty much "a damsel in distress" supposedly because Amy and Cream needed something to fight and a reason for it too... That kind of writer you're talking about wouldn't be just a good writer, I think. That kind of writer would be "an epic make-it-all-work-perfectly-writer". As in to be able to please everybody reading the stuff they write. It's sad but true.

Agh, I'm starting to get  too sleepy, sorry if this post becomes too hard to understand...

7 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

All that said, I'm not as worried about this FF thing in SU as some might be. It probably wont happen again for quite a while.

That's probably how it is, since they're not that usual guests in Universe.

... ZZZZ-wha? Oh yeah, still writing...

4 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

This makes me wonder: how much do you believe the shattered world crisis lasted for in-universe? Weeks? Months?

I suppose we can assume to measure spent time in weeks more than months even if we consider some off-panel stuff happening in-between stories. Enough time for some things to happen (like Breezie's tournament set-up) and all, but at the same time Sky Patrol supposedly made the travelling easy enough to free some time from that behalf. Most fights seemed pretty easy and quick things so they shouldn't eat that much of the time even...

... onwards said granny in a snowpile, or something, :huh: (it's an idiom poorly translated, don't question it because it's epic) although the snow's gone now because temperature and raining... meh, it's dangerously slippery and skull-cracking ice-coated land everywhere...

4 hours ago, RJDodger said:

That would feel a bit funny for me. Not impossible but a bit funny. Though a short-time swap at one point (even as closely as from Mars onwards since that February main issue seems to be an interesting setup) would be possible, but for a long-term change, I'm not certain Archie would pull that kind of stunt out with these two... I'd be most content with the way all characters can be wherever the story needs them to be.

And I seriouly hope the main books structure becomes little by little a bit closer to that we had in pre-reboot, it felt more natural and all.

5 hours ago, RJDodger said:

Or how about we be fair and continue allowing the Game cast and extended cast to share focus based on context instead of separating them? They share the same continuity anyway.

• Thumbs Up 6

I wasn't a fan of Spark of LIfe at all. From an objective standpoint (or what I consider to be my objective standpoint) I wouldn't call it the worst Sonic Universe Arc since the reboot. I still believe that to be Pirate Plunder Panic but Spark of Life was definitely the one I had the least interest in. 

It was never something I dreaded reading or even something I consciously desired to be over. I just remember reading it when the issues came out, finding little tidbits about it that I could have potentially found interesting had I felt the story moved at a different pace, and when nothing came of it for me I just set the issues down, shrugged, and said "Oh well. Next time I guess."

Part of that most likely would have to do with the focus on Nicole and Sally. I don't hate Nicole at all. I think she's endearing in her own way but not nearly enough for me to care too much about the dilemma being put forth here on its own. Sally is a character I've gone on record in that past for outright hating. I would call her a bitch and check my internet thesaurus for adjectives I could use to punctuate just how much I hated her but I've found I've calmed down about her recently. At around the Mecha Sally stuff, she wasn't around as often so I had a very long and well needed break from both her and the lovey dovey trite that I wasn't able to fully grasp at the time. Then the first Megaman Crossover happened and I enjoyed a nice break from the comic continuity in general to watch what was essentionally all the game characters I cared about going on an Adventure together to stop a heated action packed battle against Megaman bosses. That was fantastic.

Then the reboot happened and Sally was technically a different character now. Coming off of that and a long absence away from her saw me more willing to give her a chance and despite still being annoyed by some of what she said and did I do find myself tolerating her now. She's become rather easy to ignore or dismiss... which isn't ideally what I should be doing but baby steps I guess?

In Spark of Life it was pretty unavoidable so I kind of had to pay attention to her.

I... didn't hate her. Although, there were a few moments where she tried my patience a bit. The most memorable part of the issues for me were when she was speaking with Doctor Ellidy. I'm drawing all this from memory so you'll have to forgive me if I get some details wrong but I remember a scene where he was angry that his daughter was gone and Sally retaliated by saying that she lost her father. Already, that kind of peeved me off because I typically tend to really hate it when people try to compare how they feel about losing a loved one to how someone else feels about losing a loved one, as though the impact is the same despite not knowing a thing about how strong that emotional connection was or how vital and necessary it might have been for that person. But whatever, I could see past that.

However, the old scientist brings up that Sally got her father back... and then Sally is just like "Oh no! Dark Gaia's influence! Get inside now!" And I'm like, "Wait, no, that's a good point. She did get her father back. Can we get a rebuttal for that?" 

But the story was just like , "NOPE! No time! We gotta move! Dark Gaia spawn and all that shit."

So I kind of just sighed and went "Okay..." 

Yeah, I see the argument she was making and I understand what they were going for and why she's seen in the right by the narrative. I don't begrudge her at all for feeling the way she does or taking the actions she took. It made sense. However, my sympathies ended up landing with Doctor Ellidy rather then Nicole or Sally and I'm not sure the story wanted that to happen. So when Sally jumped into the computer and made her big grand full page spread moment staring down Phage I felt really conflicted and... odd? It's hard to explain why I didn't like it honestly. Maybe it felt a little too harsh and dismissive of his feelings at that moment. They rekindled their respect for one another in the end during the final issue but I wasn't able to get that part out of my mind. Something about that didn't feel all too fair to me. I know this is going to sound like I'm actively against Nicole and Sally but I'm really not. I was surprised when I went back and read that old as hell Sally Mini-Series and found myself liking it. 

Tails and Big were in it too... I think. I remember them being on the cover or something. Kind of would have liked to have seen them more really. 

This new Sonic Universe arc has a chance at being more up my alley then the other one did. Probably because out of all the Freedom Fighters, if I had to pick a favorite, it'd be Antione. I actually don't mind finding out more about his past really. The only thing I dread is more scenes of Sonic teasing him. Contrary to what the comic says, I don't think he should do it to his friends if they're visibly hurt or bothered by it. If they kind of roll their eyes at it or find it funny along with him then sure. But the fact that Knuckles had to get it explained to him by Amy that Sonic does it because he "cares" or whatever kind of clued me into the fact that they don't actually know if he's being serious or not. For me that's a problem. I don't know about everyone else but I can only really speak about what I feel.

7 hours ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

The only thing I dread is more scenes of Sonic teasing him. Contrary to what the comic says, I don't think he should do it to his friends if they're visibly hurt or bothered by it. If they kind of roll their eyes at it or find it funny along with him then sure. But the fact that Knuckles had to get it explained to him by Amy that Sonic does it because he "cares" or whatever kind of clued me into the fact that they don't actually know if he's being serious or not. For me that's a problem. I don't know about everyone else but I can only really speak about what I feel.

I gotta admit, I never liked Sonic's teasing in Satam. "Shattered" actually makes it worse, since I always assumed Sonic can be a jerk sometimes, but Amy tries to convince me that Sonic's "teasing" is a good thing, and that's one step from stockholm syndrome.

Also, reading everyone's talking I want to make one thing clear: I want to see more Shadow and stuff, but I don't want to see him pushed into a story just for sake of fanservice. Team Dark just filled out space in "Shattered", Metal vs Gemerl was a cruel tease, that went nowhere, whole Shadow career during 160-200 was showing up in the story, getting punched really hard and then sulking in the corner when Sonic saved the day (Which surprisingly I don't mind, it usually worked in story perspective, just not as much for fanservice). Lastly, just look how Unite went. Aren't ya glad your favorite character was present?

Good narrative's always more important that showing Shadow's butt for 2 panels in hope to please his fanbase.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

This new Sonic Universe arc has a chance at being more up my alley then the other one did. Probably because out of all the Freedom Fighters, if I had to pick a favorite, it'd be Antione. I actually don't mind finding out more about his past really. The only thing I dread is more scenes of Sonic teasing him. Contrary to what the comic says, I don't think he should do it to his friends if they're visibly hurt or bothered by it. If they kind of roll their eyes at it or find it funny along with him then sure. But the fact that Knuckles had to get it explained to him by Amy that Sonic does it because he "cares" or whatever kind of clued me into the fact that they don't actually know if he's being serious or not. For me that's a problem. I don't know about everyone else but I can only really speak about what I feel.

5 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I gotta admit, I never liked Sonic's teasing in Satam. "Shattered" actually makes it worse, since I always assumed Sonic can be a jerk sometimes, but Amy tries to convince me that Sonic's "teasing" is a good thing, and that's one step from stockholm syndrome.

You're not the only ones here feeling like this. Actually I fear something bad might happen if Sonic (at his "he's perfect and understanding whatever he does" -fangirl assisting him) keeps going like that, making those "witty" comments that more or less diss others. It's good thing his friends don't have as short of a temper/tolerance as I do in things like this.

I pretty much wonder how many guys would actually side or have sided already with Eggman just because Sonic's such a jerk sometimes. I'm starting to wonder if this upcoming issue is having a very bitter end... Sheesh, I really should stop making these "worst-case-scenarios", world politics are all over the place already, we don't need comics going that road too,,,

It would make an interesting turnpoint/plotwist/whatever but well, better keep my thoughts as my own around this matter. And the least thing I'd like to see would be Antoine suffer...

On 11/18/2016 at 11:46 AM, MetalSkulkBane said:

Shadow getting a comic wouls be fulfilling all my dreams, not only for his sake, but for Rouge, Omega, and extra space that wouls get free in SU.

But with death of Sonic Boom comic, his chances are really slim. Silver's are nonexistent.

Yeah Archie has well noted staff problems. And they aren't fixing it from what i'm told. So were lucky we have two. 

20 hours ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

Contrary to what the comic says, I don't think he should do it to his friends if they're visibly hurt or bothered by it. If they kind of roll their eyes at it or find it funny along with him then sure. But the fact that Knuckles had to get it explained to him by Amy that Sonic does it because he "cares" or whatever kind of clued me into the fact that they don't actually know if he's being serious or not. For me that's a problem. I don't know about everyone else but I can only really speak about what I feel.

Shorter version. 

I agree with you, sonic doesn't just do it, rouge has been doing this two, amongs other things. Rouge in the new reboot has shown herself to be a bad team mate and a bad friend in general. The dismissal tactics doesn't really come of as friendly it comes off as brushing away narrative issues , and at least in rouge's case putting people in active danger. Her whole existence post reboot as caused me to question the purpose of team dark as a whole. And I now desire for those characters to split up. For like a good long while. 

Spoiler

21 hours ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

The only thing I dread is more scenes of Sonic teasing him. Contrary to what the comic says, I don't think he should do it to his friends if they're visibly hurt or bothered by it. If they kind of roll their eyes at it or find it funny along with him then sure. But the fact that Knuckles had to get it explained to him by Amy that Sonic does it because he "cares" or whatever kind of clued me into the fact that they don't actually know if he's being serious or not. For me that's a problem. I don't know about everyone else but I can only really speak about what I feel.

I'm gone be odd one here and say that I actually would like to Sonic be a bit of jerk, in reboot he barely has any flaws. Nobody is perfect, and it fits to such cocky character as him. And it was Amy who thought that Knuckles had to get it explained. But he said that he doesn't care about Sonic. So I don't see much problem there.

I think what could more easy up the overall problem would be if they actually would allow other characters to bite Sonic back. I mean usually when Sonic make some smart/mean comment other character just usually only stand there and making growl/scowl(Shadow, Knuckles or others). Therefore the "chemistry" between characters is realllllllllllly one sided.