Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Interesting tidbits of #289

• Spoiler

• Just like in the games it took 8 hits to defeat Silver Sonic. I dunno, I found that attention to detail pretty sweet,
    • Also does anyone else get Zone Cop vibes from the Off-panels about that Officer Sonic thing?

• Thumbs Up 2

Read the latest StH issue and thought it was incredibly boring. I pretty much have no interest in the main book at this point.

Meanwhile, the Chaotix arc in Universe has been entertaining so far and is probably the most I've enjoyed the comic in a while. The Chaotix are great, the new pirate crew seems interesting, there's good character interaction, and overall it's just been a fun story. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, ContinuityFlubs said:

Had to.

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_2437.JPG

IMG_2439.PNG

Spoiler

Only difference I noticed is that this issued model the Death Egg Robot after the one in Generations.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

Interesting tidbits of #289

•   Hide contents

• Just like in the games it took 8 hits to defeat Silver Sonic. I dunno, I found that attention to detail pretty sweet,
    • Also does anyone else get Zone Cop vibes from the Off-panels about that Officer Sonic thing?

It did? I counted only 7 "brak!" on Silver Sonic.

5 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

TV Tropes says that FockeWulf and Bearenger were meant to be evil versions of Bean and Bark. Where did he say this: Bumblekast?

All I can recall is the concept art notes for them, where it said Focke-Wulf's personality was similar to Bean's and Bearenger's body shape was intentionally the inverse of Bark's.

2 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

It's the inverse to comic Bark's anyway. They kinda messed up translating his game self to the comic. 

barkthepolarbear-fightersmegamix-sprite.giflatest?cb=20160701205347What makes you say that? :P

Game Bark is bottom heavy, while comic Bark is top heavy. Those are actually pretty clear examples of that, thanks for saving me having to scour around for them. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Eh, I suppose his muzzle could ideally be a bit longer, but the face and head were always tantamount to "Knuckles but with more bits and bobs", and Knuckles himself has had his muzzle shrink in the transition from classic to modern. The reboot actually corrected one part since he now has the ponytail. 

Okay, I have no idea where to ask this anywhere else, so I'll just ask it here:

Was the concept art for Terios ever released?

Do we have a thread for general questions?

We don't have a thread for general questions.

We do have the earlier Shadow/Terios concept art though.

Shadow-concept-art.png

Say, I wonder what Ian thinks of the name "Robo Sonic"

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

We don't have a thread for general questions.

We do have the earlier Shadow/Terios concept art though.

Shadow-concept-art.png

Say, I wonder what Ian thinks of the name "Robo Sonic"

Holy tihs, that was fast! When was that revealed.

Also, I assume you're referencing the Lego adaptation.

It was revealed at the Joypolis 25th anniversary party back in June, people managed to get pictures of it from it being displayed.

And yeah, I'm referring to the latest LEGO appearance. It the closest to an official name it'll ever get.:P

4 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

It was revealed at the Joypolis 25th anniversary party back in June, people managed to get pictures of it from it being displayed.

And yeah, I'm referring to the latest LEGO appearance. It the closest to an official name it'll ever get.:P

I literally just found a twitter link that says that. Thanks anyway!

That kinda annoyed me when I watched that boss fight, but now I realize that Silver Sonic was the comic's name for it. Still a lazy name, though.

EDIT: Holy crap, did you see Big's design?!

Eh, Silver Sonic doesn't quite fit in with the theme that Mecha Sonic and Metal Sonic have, so Robo Sonic fits better in that regard.

Or maybe since Silver exists, they don't want the confusion there so they're ignoring the fandom name completely. 

And yeah, I've seen Big's concept design. Pretty ferocious. That said, Gamma's are more interesting to me because you can see how they went from EggRobo to the E-102 we ended up with. 

3 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Eh, Silver Sonic doesn't quite fit in with the theme that Mecha Sonic and Metal Sonic have, so Robo Sonic fits better in that regard.

Or maybe since Silver exists, they don't want the confusion there so they're ignoring the fandom name completely. 

Mmm, meh. Now that you say that, it could make google searches a little easier.

3 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

And yeah, I've seen Big's concept design. Pretty ferocious. That said, Gamma's are more interesting to me because you can see how they went from EggRobo to the E-102 we ended up with. 

Especially the hippie Big. :lol: 

Yeah, that's pretty neat what they did to create Gamma. Too bad he didn't stick around, though.

I like how some of those sheets have noticeably distinct alternatives that the final design cherry picks elements from. With that said, what the heck are Cream 2 and Jet 1& 2 supposed to be?

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

I like how some of those sheets have noticeably distinct alternatives that the final design cherry picks elements from. With that said, what the heck are Cream 2 and Jet 1& 2 supposed to be?

I had to look for the concept arts topic in the forum (I wrote down my guesses there too) buuuuuuut...

I'm guessing top left Cream is a Jerboa/kangaroo-mouse. As for Jet, you can make the wildest guesses. Remember, they don't have to make the character design completely reflect their base animal (See Knuckles. Or the hedgehogs). The first one's pattern makes me think of a civet or some type of feline, the second one reminds me of a jackal or some type of canine.

I mentioned on the above topic too, but I really loved Jet's bird wings. I know it's to keep a constant theme/design, but it makes more sense for them to fly by themselves. I like to imagine the original Babylonians were like that and was passed on to their descendants. Wait no, they had highly advanced technology so maybe the ancestor of Earth birds did? (I'm not sure on the Babylonian history, I only know they probably survived by breeding with the earthlings.)

11 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

I see the logic, but "robo-Sonic" sounds really generic to me.I would go with "Steel Sonic" or "Android Sonic"

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh yeah, and I believe the letter from the editor for #289 may have been plugging a certain upcoming Nintendo console. Ironic since Sonic Mania as of writing isn't confirmed for a Nintendo console, but is for basically the rest of its competition. 

PS been spying on 4chan again. 

No future event insights this time, but there seem to be murmurs that comic store owners aren't really happy with how its selling. I'll make sure to continue keeping an eye out for the next half-year, you lot just pretend this spoiler doesn't exist for now.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Oh yeah, and I believe the letter from the editor for #289 may have been plugging a certain upcoming Nintendo console. Ironic since Sonic Mania as of writing isn't confirmed for a Nintendo console, but is for basically the rest of its competition. 

Reveal hidden contents

PS been spying on 4chan again. 

No future event insights this time, but there seem to be murmurs that comic store owners aren't really happy with how its selling. I'll make sure to continue keeping an eye out for the next half-year, you lot just pretend this spoiler doesn't exist for now.

Well, Project Sonic 2017 is coming to the Switch, so that's probably it.

In context, he's referring to kids not knowing what a cartridge is and the Switch being able to take them back to that era. Except right now the closest to that isn't available to it. 

• Thumbs Up 1