Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Once again, thanks a lot, you're awesome :)

Can I just ask for a picture of Edmund please? Last request, promise lol.

How could I deny the request of someone who thinks I'm awesome? :D

Here ya go:

f_kvlt6fym_8acb630.jpg

Enjoy!

• Thumbs Up 2

Incidentally, I approve of this character essentially being in the same role as Mephiles. It's sensible to the overall storyline for this series.

Who wants to bet?

- Moogul ends up becoming Mephiles (a la Anti-Sonic/Scourge)

- They always were the same thing

- They are both related in some form

Just recieved #216 in the mail. Silver's master is revealed in the back-up story. For anyone curious as to who it is, it turns out to be

an aged version of Mammoth Mogul.

Kinda wished I hadn't clicked that spoiler now because I would never have guessed that.

I guess we know now hot Mogul plans to defeat Sonic, not by direct attack, but from the future and through somebody else! It is actually quite ingenious as Mogul isn't technically doing it, therefore this "rule" about him always failing against Sonic doesn't apply, and through doing this he could alter his future to one where he has whatever goal it is Mogul strives to achieve.

So it seems like Mogul is tricking Silver into spliting the FF apart? That's brilliant story!

I just hope that there is actually a traitor as it would make the comic interesting for me at least to keep guessing who it could be until it all unfolds.

EDIT: I got sidetracked from what I wanted to comment about!

The new Team! I'm guessing Nack, Bean and.....Bark I would assume??

A-W-E-S-O-M-E if it's true!

Also.....the Sonic Heroes 2 thread here on the stadium, just saying, possibly could be something SEGA have in the works? (with any luck, and with alot of luck Nack in it!!!!)

Edited by The-Master-Board

I am uber excited about the Silver Arc now, but 30 years later with a twist? I'll reserve judgement on that till I see the twist.

Edited by Dr Spudhead

I am uber excited about the Silver Arc now, but 30 years later with a twist? I'll reserve judgement on that till I see the twist.

Hopefully the twist is it not actually being a 30 years later story <_< those were terrible......plus I can't help but think of that douche who ruined Avatar; M Night Shymalan when I hear the word "tweeeast"

I am actually quite liking the Tails arc, it kinda makes me wanna go play his old games, until I remember that they sucked, but this story is actually making them kinda enjoyable and it really fleshes out some more of the Sonic world adding more depth with more villainous characters......unfortunately that depth seems like one step forward and one back.

I say this because as I felt the Battle bird armarda are a nice new addition to the comic, I think that they would've been cool as a new enemy and not just some other chapter of the D.E.L under Eggman.

Also, I dislike that all birds are part of the armarda, meaning the Babylon Rogues and Bean were once part of them, and that seems less diverse to me. I love the Rogues and LOVE Bean, but I like them as individual characters and not as just generic enemies that defected from the armada.

On a side note, I find it funny that the Birds can call Tails a "freak" for flying like he does when they don't have wings and don't even flap their arms, they just kinda hover or move through the air not really flying, at least Tails' helicopter-like tail action has some kind of psuedo science behind it - how do you explain non-winged levitating birds?

(Not that I'm ripping on bird character designs in the Sonic series, I love the Rogues)

I also wonder where this leaves their thoughts on Eggman who they are supposedly allied with? Afterall he flies quite alot through various contraptions he's made.

Talking about them, we need some more Babylon Rogues!! And more of their airship, I am still intrigued by that thing and wanna see more of it!

Also, preview pages for Treasure team tango!! I NEED TO SEE SOME NACK THE WEASEL!!!!

EDIT: Also this; Official #216 previews

Edited by The-Master-Board

• Sonic News

I say this because as I felt the Battle bird armarda are a nice new addition to the comic, I think that they would've been cool as a new enemy and not just some other chapter of the D.E.L under Eggman.

But they aren't a DEL chapter. They just work with Eggman because they have similar goals. But they are basically standalone villains.

But they aren't a DEL chapter. They just work with Eggman because they have similar goals. But they are basically standalone villains.

But what you just described is basically what the D.E.L are, plus I can't really see the difference if they are practically allied. I also feel like it is a little too unbelievable that the Armada who seem to be quite (racisist?) discriminating against all who fly but birds - would ally with Eggman, pretty much the one guy who is the biggest (pun intended) offender of the "shouldn't fly but does" view.

It is a little nitpicky of me, but I just feel as though they would've been a greater enemy in my eyes had they been stand-alone villains. I guess that's kinda why I like Mamoth Mogul, as he doesn't have any real connection to Eggman and is a great villain to have a few sideplots with and have a break from Eggman to keep things fresh......well that and his suit is pimp!

But what you just described is basically what the D.E.L are

Uh... no, he didn't? The D.E.L. don't work with Eggman, they work under him. Not to mention that they're all cyborgs, and in some cases brainwashed. The armada is only loosely affiliated with Eggman--working with him and not under him--and none of them are cyborg slaves.

But what you just described is basically what the D.E.L are, plus I can't really see the difference if they are practically allied. I also feel like it is a little too unbelievable that the Armada who seem to be quite (racisist?) discriminating against all who fly but birds - would ally with Eggman, pretty much the one guy who is the biggest (pun intended) offender of the "shouldn't fly but does" view.

I've only read the first issue of the Tails Adventure adaptation, so correct me if I err, but aren't the Armada only pissy against non-birds who fly unassisted? The Armada themselves make use of flying hovercraft-things, and the Battle Fortress is a vast technological floating fortress.

So if you fly with tech you're OK; if you fly by spining your butt, you're a hideous freak. (Makes sense in fairness)

I've only read the first issue of the Tails Adventure adaptation, so correct me if I err, but aren't the Armada only pissy against non-birds who fly unassisted? The Armada themselves make use of flying hovercraft-things, and the Battle Fortress is a vast technological floating fortress.

So if you fly with tech you're OK; if you fly by spining your butt, you're a hideous freak. (Makes sense in fairness)

I couldn't agree more.

Going back to the whole 'traitor' thing going on in #216, I think I know who the real traitor is. I could be wrong but I think Hamlin the pig from the Mobian Council (former freedom fighter) might fit the bill.

Think about it. 1) He got pissed at Sally in an earlier comic for making him part of a "substitute" freedom fighter squad that never saw any action after their official formation. 2) In #216 he refused to allow anyone to go help Rotor's clan. He is just being a beurocratic door stop with no good reason for stopping ppl from helping the walruses other than he wants to power trip. The power trip makes sense since he never had any real power as a freedom fighter. His want of power could lead him to the dark side. 3) Rotor wouldn't voice his real opinion during council session. He met with Nicole in secret to prepare for his adventure to the arctic without the permission of the council. He knew that Hamlin wouldn't allow it, and maybe thought he should go in secret because of a possible conspiracy.

I couldn't agree more.

Going back to the whole 'traitor' thing going on in #216, I think I know who the real traitor is. I could be wrong but I think Hamlin the pig from the Mobian Council (former freedom fighter) might fit the bill.

Think about it. 1) He got pissed at Sally in an earlier comic for making him part of a "substitute" freedom fighter squad that never saw any action after their official formation. 2) In #216 he refused to allow anyone to go help Rotor's clan. He is just being a beurocratic door stop with no good reason for stopping ppl from helping the walruses other than he wants to power trip. The power trip makes sense since he never had any real power as a freedom fighter. His want of power could lead him to the dark side. 3) Rotor wouldn't voice his real opinion during council session. He met with Nicole in secret to prepare for his adventure to the arctic without the permission of the council. He knew that Hamlin wouldn't allow it, and maybe thought he should go in secret because of a possible conspiracy.

Hamlin may be pissy and a douche, but I don't think he's a traitor. I actually think they will think that at one point, but his views are just different and he is sour, but that doesn't make him a traitor. Douche, yes. Traitor, no. Usually a traitor goes with the flow until it's time to act otherwise to not draw suspicion to themselves.

Hamlin may be pissy and a douche, but I don't think he's a traitor. I actually think they will think that at one point, but his views are just different and he is sour, but that doesn't make him a traitor. Douche, yes. Traitor, no. Usually a traitor goes with the flow until it's time to act otherwise to not draw suspicion to themselves.

I have to agree Bebe, Hamlin has been the front runner for the traitor for a long time, while I don't believe he would deliberately do something to betray the freedom fighters, I do believe he is pardon the pun 'pig headed' enough to do something monumentally stupid that will end up messing things up royally. My current idea is putting in a kill switch for Nicole in case something like the Iron Dominion taking over the city happens again.

Is this the same Hamlin from the Sally mini-series?

He's still around? Man I love continuity. Hamlin was always a stubborn character. He's extremely defensive and quick to be suspicious. But Hamlin is no traitor, just going by his early appearances, up to Endgame. In fact, it'd be a bad call to even consider it. Hamlin is an ass because he's fiercely loyal.

Edited by Dabnikz

hmm you've all made some good points.

Another thing I just thought of: if there is a traitor, he/she is probably the last person you would suspect. Thats how it usually goes in these kind of stories. Hamlin is too obvious of a choice so I guess that means he's not the traitor. Maybe this traitor doesn't even know about it yet and they inadvertantly do something that ends up hurting the freedom fighters.

With the revelation of the Master, I don't think there even IS a traitor. However, there's likely someone who caused the Master to lose his powers, and perhaps offing that person will give him those powers back.

omigosh please im begging you, do not spoil who the "master" is to me. i haven't got a subscription for STH and cant read 216 till like september. i just read the comics as they are uploaded online. i should probably get the subscript. problem with that is im at school half the year and at home half the year so i cant say where they should mail my subscription. :(

Another thing I just thought of: if there is a traitor, he/she is probably the last person you would suspect.

Hoooooo000ooOOOly shit! Big is the traitor!!

No?

Cream? :lol:

Bean? He finds a shiny that is sooo shiny that it reflects the suns rays too harshly into Mobius heating up the planet and causing a global catastrophy!!!......no?

Hoooooo000ooOOOly shit! Big is the traitor!!

No?

Cream? :lol:

Bean? He finds a shiny that is sooo shiny that it reflects the suns rays too harshly into Mobius heating up the planet and causing a global catastrophy!!!......no?

LOL that would be really funny if it was Big.

Sonic: Big! what the heck were you thinking?!

Big: .........What's thinking?

• Thumbs Up 1

Well with our tip off to the master, I suppose it may be...

Tails. I mean, the Master hates the fox and would love to see him taken out.

Remember kids, if you don't want spoiled, don't read the spoiler!!

Like that would work. D:

Tails is part of the minority actual game canon characters in the comic. No way are SEGA going to let them do anything so degrading to Tails' character. At least, I reckon anyway.

Also, the whole joke about Dr. Fukurokov in Sonic Universe #19 felt totally retarded due to the fact I could pronounce his name without any problems whatsoever, so it just made all the characters (and the joke) look stupid at the fact everyone was struggling with it so much. D:

Like that would work. D:

Tails is part of the minority actual game canon characters in the comic. No way are SEGA going to let them do anything so degrading to Tails' character. At least, I reckon anyway.

Also, the whole joke about Dr. Fukurokov in Sonic Universe #19 felt totally retarded due to the fact I could pronounce his name without any problems whatsoever, so it just made all the characters (and the joke) look stupid at the fact everyone was struggling with it so much. D:

May I ask how you know you're pronouncing it right?