Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Hope that this is just a one time thing and doesn't become a regular practice.

Seriously, the stupid bar on the left side of each cover is bad enough without even more nonsense cluttering it up.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, VEDJ-F said:

Fun part is that it's likely to be on part 4 as well. 

It could be on every issue til the release of Riverdale, if not after it too.

2 hours ago, Ernest-Panda-Baring-Gifts said:

Y3t1gu.jpg

God dammit

This was a great cover. Now it's been ruined-ish by the header. 

44 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

It could be on every issue til the release of Riverdale, if not after it too.

Thankfully Riverdale comes out next month, so hopefully it'll only be on one or two more covers at the most.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Thankfully Riverdale comes out next month, so hopefully it'll only be on one or two more covers at the most.

Worst case scenario, Archie could run these banners right through Riverdale's entire broadcast run. Which, since apparently season 1 is 13 episodes (the pilot and 12 more), could mean an extra three to four ruined covers beyond January.

• Thumbs Up 1

Liking the colored tints in the characters' eyes and how it blends with the style.

Sonic 293: hmm, this seems like something you'd get from a continuity-light Sonic series like Boom or X. Not that that's a bad thing, just odd to see it here.

Universe 96: Bunnie and Blaze team-up out of nowhere! Which I'm also happy with (especially with finally seeing Blaze again after Pirate Plunder Panic), but it's still a random as hell pairing.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm honestly kinda glad that after the Epic Length of the Shattered World Crisis we're just going to be getting a few months of just light adventures.

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, I knew Overdrive was going to be there, so March was always going to have a plus note, so getting a movie making comedy story from STH and a Bunnie/Blaze team-up in SU seem like delightful bonuses.  Both really do feel out of nowhere, but I love the concepts.  Great surprises all around and on my birthday too. 

20 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/comic-book-preview-1988/archie-comics-march-2017-covers-and-solicitations-1848457/

Full Solicits are out too BTW.

Not sure if #293 is an intentional Power Rangers parody but I take what I can get. Also Blaze and Bunnie team Up!

One thing I noticed that I'm sure some other people will like, they removed the left side border from the covers allowing more space for the artwork.

• Thumbs Up 4

15 minutes ago, chaosjam said:

One thing I noticed that I'm sure some other people will like, they removed the left side border from the covers allowing more space for the artwork.

Well, that's one good thing that came out from this!

Wait that Universe variant is awfully familiar....

15 minutes ago, chaosjam said:

I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out. Awesome!

Looks like we're probably gonna get a few months of lighthearted fluff stories as we approach the big 300. Wonder if there will be a storyline leading into 300 or if 300 will be the start of the next big story. Either way, yay, Sonic Man!

As for Sonic Universe, there ya go, Blaze fans. So this storyline will feature one Freedom Fighter per issue, huh? Wonder who we'll get for parts 3 and 4.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

As for Sonic Universe, there ya go, Blaze fans. So this storyline will feature one Freedom Fighter per issue, huh? Wonder who we'll get for parts 3 and 4.

Probably Rotor and Sally.

Now I know why that variants familiar, it's a sneak peek wip thing on Evans twitter that eventually became this cover!

latest?cb=20161219170302

https://mobile.twitter.com/SpiritSonic/status/750120385547427840

... Anyway. A Blaze/Bunnie team up is going to be really interesting. And lol at that power rangers reference.

Spoiler

Something tells me we'll be seeing Breeze somewhere in STH.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm curious to see what this "sinister new force" that Blaze and Bunnie have to deal with could be. Must be pretty serious if Blaze (or the Sol Emeralds themselves) has to bring in help from Sonic's world yet again.

59 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/comic-book-preview-1988/archie-comics-march-2017-covers-and-solicitations-1848457/

Full Solicits are out too BTW.

Not sure if #293 is an intentional Power Rangers parody but I take what I can get. Also Blaze and Bunnie team Up!

What. Sonic-Man is canon now? WITH HIS OWN TEAM?! I'm definitely buying this one. I'm glad we're getting more shorter stories before 300. And I really like that Sonic Rush parody art for SU 96.

Apparently Archie doesn't have the money to keep Sonic Boom or Mega Man going, but have enough to print a shit ton of one-shots and digests in March '17.

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Apparently Archie doesn't have the money to keep Sonic Boom or Mega Man going, but have enough to print a shit ton of one-shots and digests in March '17.

I think they got their finances in order a while back. I'm honestly hoping the One-Shots are a sign of them publishing more books. Sidenote I want that Sabrina oneshot so bad.