Toby

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

3 hours ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Apparently Archie doesn't have the money to keep Sonic Boom or Mega Man going, but have enough to print a shit ton of one-shots and digests in March '17.

Correct me on this but wasn't Sonic Boom doing really well in fact better than the main series when it was running? 

The Sonic Rangers one is pretty random. It's odd to me that Sonic would willingly be part of the production of a super hero show based off him (and not as the actor!), especially in a world where he is actually in a Justice group fighting a tyranny conquering the world. I mean Sonic Man was a thing, I think he had his show in Champions, but it seemed they were doing it on their own without Sonic involved. Wonder if the non-game / FF members would be in? If not, why not outside "Game Cast!" or "Because other guys will get an arc of their own"? Also why would Honey be involved? Making/advertising for costumes? But then Sonic Man apparently works under Breezie, so Honey and Sonic probably had a deal with her.

Makes me wonder if Honey and Breezie's the only "big company" out there?  But then they might want to avoid adding too much new one-time characters.

Blaze and Bunnie team up. Absolutely no one could have saw that coming beyond joking about it--I love this comic even more for that, especially since we're getting to see Blaze again after so long!

Next thing you know, we're gonna have Shadow, Rouge, or Omega and Sally team up somewhere down the line. (I swear to fuck if that actually happens...) or since we're hopping time and space, Silver shows up for a team up, who knows?

Is there something going on with Bow Sparrow and his crew behind the scenes? I'm really surprised they didn't show up during the Shattered World crisis, or even at all since the reboot. 

30 minutes ago, Xeric said:

Is there something going on with Bow Sparrow and his crew behind the scenes? I'm really surprised they didn't show up during the Shattered World crisis, or even at all since the reboot. 

They were mentioned way, way back in #254, and then again at the end of SU#86. It's likely that SU#95 will mention them too, if not show them for the first time post-reboot. 

I was initially worried that this FF arc would just be filled with origin-esque tales, as I think that type of stuff belongs in digests and magazines, but thankfully #96 proved me wrong. Besides that, I don't think Adam Bryce Thomas has worked on Blaze before, which'll be interesting to see combined with Herms' colors.

#293 took me by surprise, and I'm sure everything from this point on that isn't part of a four-part arc probably will. Not sure why Sonic of all people would want to start up a show, but it looks like it's going to be pretty laid-back and lighthearted—the type of tone this series could use after the Shattered World Saga stuff.

47 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

5599836-sonic%23293.jpg5599837-sonic%23293var.jpg

I will forever love that Honey is a full, official character now. its been a long time coming and I thank SEGA for allowing her to be restored for the Fighters port.

41 minutes ago, Xeric said:

Their shouldn't be, after all Bow and his crew of marry men were original creations made after Rob O' the Hedge got sucked into the Penders void of doom.

1 minute ago, Soni said:

The entire cover is in Studiopolis. didn't the "Lights, Camera, Action" gave it away?

Actually not, now i see it, kinda missed the connection first time

I wasn't expecting Blaze to show up again anytime soon after the Sol emerald thing was wrapped up, and I wasn't expecting her to ever meet anyone SatAM related in the book(Outside of Worlds Collide style crossovers), so the universe issue sounds pretty interesting, as does the theme of "SatAM character pals around with game character" this arc seems to be going with.