Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Yeah, as far as I've seen, he sticks to the Sky Patrol like everyone else on the team (speaking of which, how could he wander in and out when the Sky Patrol is a plane?). He's there to round out the FFs having the entirety of team Rose. 

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 4:30 PM, Xeric said:

Is there something going on with Bow Sparrow and his crew behind the scenes? I'm really surprised they didn't show up during the Shattered World crisis, or even at all since the reboot. 

They're probably not relevant at the moment. I'm sure they'll pop up sooner or later. 

On 12/19/2016 at 0:15 PM, Terriful said:

What. Sonic-Man is canon now? WITH HIS OWN TEAM?! I'm definitely buying this one. I'm glad we're getting more shorter stories before 300. And I really like that Sonic Rush parody art for SU 96.

He was in Champions as an advertisement.

On 12/19/2016 at 5:09 PM, ContinuityFlubs said:

I was initially worried that this FF arc would just be filled with origin-esque tales, as I think that type of stuff belongs in digests and magazines, but thankfully #96 proved me wrong. Besides that, I don't think Adam Bryce Thomas has worked on Blaze before, which'll be interesting to see combined with Herms' colors.

#

Bunnie is gonna be from the Sol Zone, isn't she?

• Thumbs Up 1

Also Ian pretty much confirmed that the Babylon Rogues are showing up soon. Should have been there sooner, but hey. 

5 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Did Free Riders even have a plot?

Eggman in a poor disguise runs an Extreme Gear GP with lots of cash and treasure as the prize. Four teams compete for it, Eggman reveals it was all a hoax so he could be the best EG racer, but then Metal Sonic betrays him again and hijacks the plot. Sonic beats him in a race, and everyone goes home.

But I'm sure the Archie version was a lot more interesting.

• Thumbs Up 4

It's Sonic Heroes but with Team Babylon in place of Team Chaotix, Vector with Team Rose, Omega replaced by a generic E10000 bot which is actually Metal Sonic in disguise, and everyone acts like they're in a team vs battle constantly. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

It's Sonic Heroes but with Team Babylon in place of Team Chaotix, Vector with Team Rose, Omega replaced by a generic E10000 bot which is actually Metal Sonic in disguise, and everyone acts like they're in a team vs battle constantly. 

and everybody acts like an idiot or a jerk because they really couldn't tell that Eggman was in charge of the tournament. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Which is ironic when there's a ton of generic and shit variants on the list.

Yeah, way too many variant covers. It looks to me like they just cobbled the list together in a hurry, using variant covers instead of any real effort to look at Archie’s entire output for the year.

Besides, if they wanted a single Sonic cover they could have chosen something else besides #283. Don't get me wrong, it's a good cover. I just think something like #281 or even #289 would’ve made better choices.

• Thumbs Up 1

The writer is an Archie (the franchise, not the company) fan/grew up on Archie, so it seems pretty natural that they'd have a bias to the familiar.

At least #283 isn't a bad choice. I may think the actual issue is pretty poor, but judging the cover alone it is pretty nice and appealing, even to those outside the Sonic comic readerbase. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Herms has posted the raw art for Sonic #293 on his DA.

bunnie_uekawa_style__sonic_universe_96_c

The description implies the other FF covers may be homages. 

latest?cb=20100701193850

While I think it's neat, I wonder why they bothered to alter their pose? They look kinda awkward, especially Blaze because she's pretty much identical to her official art except for her expression and left arm.

latest?cb=20101018072959

They even based the Sonic in the background on another official art from Rush, and managed to make him look poorly drawn.

7 hours ago, Ernest-Panda-Baring-Gifts said:

Well at least they didn't make a half bad choice with Sonic.  #283's is definitely one of the most eye catching this year.  However, Archie fan or not, would it have killed them to add a couple more?

• Thumbs Up 1

How often has Sonic appeared on these lists? Even one seems like something of a victory, considering I'll bet most comic fans don't even consider Sonic a "real comic" at all to begin with.

Oh wait, these are all Archie covers-- I thought it was all covers for the year. Point still stands, just maybe not quite as firmly.

• Thumbs Up 1