Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Spoiler

So it's another 06 situation where Classic Sonic remembers seeing the Time Eater but can't recall anything after that, I'd say thank fuck for that! 

Also funny to see Amy struggling to reach the top of that mountain.

Okay, as much as Genesis of a Hero's been a bit boring, I can still find appreciation for that kind of fun, time line helping easter egg.  I love those kinds of nods.  Kudos to Ian for that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nice for Amy to get a tarot card nod (finally).  I don't want to jinx it, but so far it looks little more promising than last time.  Plus, I'm not even a shipper and even I can barely handle how utterly adorable Sonic and Amy bounce off of each other as little kids.  Also, love the CD reference title.

Sonic #290 story spoilers

Story starts off with the intro of Sonic CD. Sonic speed everywhere and then he looks up at the Little Planet chained. He comments about Eggman being back after the Time Eater event that he barely remember "I guess he found a way back after that whole Time Eater thing." Just before he leaves, Amy appears and the two talk. Her tarot cards brought her here to meet her hero of dreams. Her tarot cards she shows predict the future of Sonic Adventure (Perfect Chaos), Sonic 06 (Solaris), and Sonic Unleashed (Chip/Dark Gaia). Amy wants to follow him anywhere but she has to catch up with Sonic as he takes off to Little Planet. 

Sonic arrives at Palmtree Panic Zone. Sonic goes through the zone and question how Eggman already built a lot of stuff here. Eggman is talking to Snively (not seen at all in this issue) regarding plans with Carnival Night Zone and how their work force is split between the Death Egg and Carnival Night. After Sonic defeats Eggman, Amy finally catches him and Eggman manage to leave. 

15730832_1216484561720564_1620599783_n.p

The story honestly continues to play out just like how it is in the game with Amy following to Collision Chaos Zone, Metal Sonic capturing her (Sonic liking how fast Metal Sonic was), Sonic running through the Future and Past of different zones and creating good futures. 

15731122_1216484611720559_1756243142_n.p

15749848_1216486571720363_1423557578_n.p

Sonic and Metal Sonic finally race to a double spread. After saving Amy the two talk and discuss the Time Stones and then... the story ends with Sonic and Amy going together to find Time Stones to put an end to Eggman plans. Play Sonic CD now.

15749945_1216484871720533_2058497757_n.p

Still basic stuff, but I felt there was a lot more interesting stuff here compared to the other two issues. Then again, I'm a CD fanboy so... of course my opinions on this issue are positive.

Story Key Points

• Sonic remembers the Time Eater but can't remember everything that happened
  • Amy tarot cards predict Perfect Chaos (Sonic Adventure), Solaris (Sonic 06), and Chip/Dark Gaia (Sonic Unleashed)
  • Sonic CD really seems placed after Sonic 2
  • Work forces are currently split between Death Egg and Carnival Night

Letter from the Editor + Off Panel.

15750099_1216484705053883_909381424_n.pn

15784726_1216484721720548_1296324133_o.p

• Thumbs Up 5

Minor subject change, but the Tomy 2017 catalogue is hinting at more comic book packs, and the choices of comics are once again baffling as all hell:

nEBW8j.jpg

Especially that Knuckles Archives cover.

• Thumbs Up 4

Getting a full volume of Knuckles Archives would be a great deal tbh.

But why Volume 4, which will be plopping the readers into a convoluted world of nonsense courtesy of Ken Penders is anyone's guess.

• Thumbs Up 2

Got Sonic Universe #93 in the mail today. (yay)

Spoiler

It'd be funny if the "weapon" speculated in the issue is either a red-herring or a mere pea-shooter in comparison to modern tech.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay this issue sounds like a Blast and I wish I could get it. 'm a little baffled by actually placing CD before 3 and Knuckles TBH but whatever it sounds like it's already on Angel Island being repaired.

Wait, Sonic CD is set before S3&K in the Archie timeline? I thought they placed it after. Any other series I'd call this weird, but given how Archie at least tries to be coherent and consistent it doesn't sound too bad. Actually gives some space given how Eggman's trying to balance the schedule.

Despite GoaH not being all that spectacular, I do like seeing the full picture of how the continuity's beginning.

• Thumbs Up 1

The art's not quite as nice as Mega Drive, but I will say the coloring looks better than usual in that preview.

So with the new nuggets of information gathered from these previews, we can now figure that the order of events follows as

Sonic 1 > Sonic 2 16-bit > Sonic Generations: Classic Sonic's story > Sonic CD > Sonic 3 and Knuckles > Sonic Mega Drive.  And let's not forget that Sonic 2 8-bit > Tails Skypatrol happens sometime after Sonic 2 16-bit.  So far, the Classic games portion of the post-SGW timeline is shaping up nicely.  The only games I'm still curious about are Sonic Triple Trouble, 3D Blast, and maybe Chaos if Ian can do anything interesting with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh shit, that's Cassata? Holy fuck yeah, it better stay that way.

If it doesn't, I think I'll stand up from my computer, grab a knife from the kitchen and

Spoiler

put it back and sit down and type angrily about my distaste with the coloring of the comics

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah I'm like the on person in the whole world that didn't hate Cassata but yeah this is amazing and I will admit it's nice to finally see Sonic colored his actual shade of Blue.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honest gripes are

No Time Stones are shown at all in the story alongside the special stages. I would have loved to see Ian dive a bit into the special stages with the UFO's and give Sonic's commentary regarding how weird they are compared to the special stages from Sonic 1. 

No Metallic Madness/ending cutscene. I mean, it was pretty obvious that not the ENTIRE story would have been shown, but so this is more of a universal GoaH gripe because I would have loved to see Sonic CD full story here with Sonic exploring Metallic Madness, commentary on Eggman's final boss, saving Amy, and some brief character interactions between Sonic and Amy before Sonic leaves for his next adventure.

But really, other than those two, it was pretty solid and easily by far the best issue in this arc. High hopes or Sonic CD and it delivered for the most part. Now I wonder how Sonic 3&K story will play out here in the comics. 

Okay, so we've been sitting on this for over three days now, but we might as well throw it out now so you can be prepared if you look elsewhere and see murmurs of it.

In basic terms, what happened is this; a source (that isn't 4chan, I've seen them talk about it there though) is claiming that the Sonic comic will be completely cancelled soon. This is due to Sonic Boom's failure resulting in SEGA Japan strong-arming the franchise again and wanting to streamline the franchise, with Archie Sonic being an outlier so they've ordered Archie to cease production on it.

As of now, this is just a rumour. Sonic #290 came out today, so it can be assumed nothing's happening in the immediate short term. And as of now, there's no real evidence to indicate this being the situation. So please, don't let it sidetrack discussion, and just assume it's simply hot air (unless something happens in the future that rapidly changes the situation).

• Thumbs Up 7

First, Boom is probably gonna be canned. Now, Archie Sonic?!

Dammit, I don't like any of this. I'm not ok with this. This day keeps getting better and better.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Soni said:

First, Boom is probably gonna be canned. Now, Archie Sonic?!

Dammit, I don't like any of this. I'm not ok with this. This day keeps getting better and better.

It's a baseless rumor. This has as much flooring as when Ken Penders said the other fifty thousand times that the comic would be ending.

• Thumbs Up 1

Welp, that's what happens when I don't read before I think and it also doesn't help that I'm in a pretty miserable mood right now. So yeah, nevermind my nonsense.

46 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Okay, so we've been sitting on this for over three days now, but we might as well throw it out now so you can be prepared if you look elsewhere and see murmurs of it.

In basic terms, what happened is this; a source (that isn't 4chan, I've seen them talk about it there though) is claiming that the Sonic comic will be completely cancelled soon. This is due to Sonic Boom's failure resulting in SEGA Japan strong-arming the franchise again and wanting to streamline the franchise, with Archie Sonic being an outlier so they've ordered Archie to cease production on it.

As of now, this is just a rumour. Sonic #290 came out today, so it can be assumed nothing's happening in the immediate short term. And as of now, there's no real evidence to indicate this being the situation. So please, don't let it sidetrack discussion, and just assume it's simply hot air (unless something happens in the future that rapidly changes the situation).

I know that you've said it's just a rumor and all but how is it Boom's failure the side result of it? If it was like say the multiple lawsuits and their financial struggles I would of been like yeah that's understandable. 

• Thumbs Up 2