Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

If Boom Studios picks up the rights, we could have a Sonic/Power Rangers teamup. Tell me that wouldn't be cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

It wouldn't be cool. Crossovers are dumb

Meh. There's a give and take with crossovers. I will concur that the set up for a lot of crossovers don't make sense, but they can be really entertaining if they're executed well. It's all about how the different personalities play off of each other, at least to me.

plus the possibility of a Sonic and TMNT crossover would satisfy every dream of my childhood self

Back on topic though, could this mean that STH #291 could be pushed back as well? 

3 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

I checked and--WHAT THE FUCK

March 1st?!

*whew.* At least there's the chance that Sonic 3 and Knuckles won't completely get shafted here, but SERIOUSLY?! 

Forget a two week delay, this is more than a full month! 

Problem is that pushing back issues with random dates without coming out and saying they're cancelled for a while is something we've seen before on the graphic novels.

And it is truly random; there's no reason SU#96 would be a two week delay but an issue due out next week gets delayed by six weeks to being released behind it, and the next issue of its own series. Archie should at least make sure everything is uniform if it is a hiatus. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

Problem is that pushing back issues with random dates without coming out and saying they're cancelled for a while is something we've seen before on the graphic novels.

And it is truly random; there's no reason SU#96 would be a two week delay but an issue due out next week gets delayed by six weeks to being released behind it, and the next issue of its own series. Archie should at least make sure everything is uniform if it is a hiatus. 

Or, they could be pushing it all back, and not talk about Sonic AT ALL until after the first episode of Riverdale airs. They want good buzz leading into their show.

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

But that airs January 26th, and Sonic Universe #95 wasn't due out until February 8th. 

You could also think of it as, by pushing it back to a "reasonable" date (I guess in this case, a month), it won't be enough for major sites and comic shops to take notice--they'd chalk it up to "normal delays." Sort of like a stalling tactic.

So what's going on exactly? Is there more problems with the only Sonic media I can rely on to be consistent with it's quality? Or is it just a massive panic button situation?

• Thumbs Up 2

Didn't the delays last year really hurt sales? I don't think it'd be wise for Archie to do something like that again.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

So what's going on exactly? Is there more problems with the only Sonic media I can rely on to be consistent with it's quality? Or is it just a massive panic button situation?

Subscriptions disappeared from the Archie store over the weekend, people have called support today and have gotten conflicting responses -- earlier they were hearing that the comic is pretty much just done altogether, now we're hearing that it's just a temporary glitch and the comic's fine. 

Nobody really knows what's happening.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

A little both, with it switching from one to another every few hours or so.

Right now we seem to be in the massive panic button situation for the time being

4 hours ago, goku262002 said:

If this is SEGA's doing, why pull Mega Drive as well?! its asinine! you funded that comic to promote the 25th anniversary of your franchise, only to pull it 2 issues in?!

Funded?

As I recall, SEGA's stance is "People pay US to develop Sonic product, we don't pay them!"

Just now, Mayor D said:

Summary:

• Rumours start a few weeks ago that Archie will be cancelled.
  • Previews are late out.
  • Previews go up,
  • Issues go out.
  • Subscriptions removed from archie store.
  • Archie customer service say's "comic is cancelled."
  • Archie customer service say's "comic is cancelled" again.
  • Archie customer service say's "comic isn't cancelled, I think, wait, I don't know"
  • Preview images go up again, release date is much later than normal.

Or if you'd like an artistic impression of what's going on.

PVZBSFi.png

The "Reggie Rulz!" part is what really authenticates it.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Yeah, but who has 2 trash cans next to their recycling?

I do. I produce a lot of garbage. Honestly I don't even use the recycling can to recycle, I just toss whatever I want in there like some kind of heathen.

So, if the comic is cancelled, and Sega doesn't decide to pick the story up with another publisher, that means the only official continuation of the Archie Sonic universe would be... would be... NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Oh who am I kidding? That's never getting finished.

4 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

So, if the comic is cancelled, and Sega doesn't decide to pick the story up with another publisher, that means the only official continuation of the Archie Sonic universe would be... would be... NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Considering how long Penders is taking to make just one issue of his comic... er, graphic novel app thing, and his relationship with SEGA as a whole, I don't see that happening.

• Thumbs Up 1

As someone who wanted to write for the comics one day, hearing this news makes me pretty upset. However, I'll remain optimistic about all of this. I hope the comics won't end, and if they do, at least have them go on in some sort of fashion, such as having Sonic go to IDW or whatever else, like what everyone else is saying.

• Thumbs Up 1

Take a nap, find out that it may not be canceled. see this is why we shouldn't pre-report on things.

46 minutes ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Funded?

As I recall, SEGA's stance is "People pay US to develop Sonic product, we don't pay them!"

Maybe funded isn't the right word, but they were invested in the Mega Drive series more so then any other part of the comic in the last year. hell they even used snippets of it for their social media, think they even made Christmas decorations out of some character moments.

Either way, SEGA (of any fraction) liked Mega Drive, and I think they want to see it finished.