Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

50 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

this is why we shouldn't pre-report on things.

It's not that people are pre-reporting on things. It's that people think every little thing is news, or they immediately jump to conclusions on everything.

I (can't vouch for the rest of TSSZ) personally didn't report on this for a reason. It's too confusing and things aren't adding up.

• Thumbs Up 5

If the comic does end up being cancelled, would it be possible for Sega of America to start producing the comics in-house? I'm not sure what obstacles would prevent something like this but I've heard that the staff currently working on the comic are all freelance so if it were possible they could just hire them and publish new issues on their website or something. Of course whether they could continue where they left off, if SOA even has the budget to do this, or if SOJ would even allow them to, is uncertain.

59 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

Take a nap, find out that it may not be canceled. see this is why we shouldn't pre-report on things.

Dude, Archie themselves said it might be cancelled.

The only way it could be more on report is if we got Ian Flyn to write the article.

• Thumbs Up 7

Just now, Mayor D said:

Dude, Archie themselves said it might be cancelled.

The only way it could be more on report is if we got Ian Flynn to write the article.

I still don't think anything should've been reported yet. while you may feel its all but certain it still looks uncertain in the eyes of other people, especially with these conflicting reports of what the reps are saying now and the dates of the solicits being pushed back.

It should've waited until we got something more concrete, like cancellation emails/letters. but regardless its reported now, all we can do is change the information as it comes.

Are you for real?

If you ring up the comic you are subscribed to and they say "I think it's been cancelled" and then someone else does the same and gets the exact same response. 

People are not supposed to share that information lol!

7 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Are you for real?

If you ring up the comic you are subscribed to and they say "I think it's been cancelled" and then someone else does the same and gets the exact same response. 

People are not supposed to share that information lol!

You can choose to believe whatever you want Hogfather, as will I. but there still isn't anything really official from Archie themselves yet, and at this point asking the CSRs over the phone is not going to get any useful results either they are covering up or they really don't know wtf is going on. until we get a true "fuck you it's canceled!!" in any sort of official capacity, then this comic's status is still in limbo.

He's not arguing it's not in limbo, he's arguing that the info available at the time was notable enough to deserve coverage.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, The KKM said:

He's not arguing it's not in limbo, he's arguing that the info available at the time was notable enough to deserve coverage.

Well its just personal opinion anyways and its already been done, nothing can be changed at this point.

Once main gaming sites pick this up its going to be allot more worse.

I still think it would be a safe bet to assume it might be cancelled, if only to save yourself from the potential shock of being wrong should the worst come to pass.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

Well its just personal opinion anyways and its already been done, nothing can be changed at this point.

Once main gaming sites pick this up its going to be allot more worse.

To have that opinion you'd be essentially saying that when news occurs, it shouldn't be posted. This is news, something that affects people on a large enough basis and with actual evidence to support the concerns. I don't really see how you can have that opinion when this is information people need to know about. It's pretty concerning when the company's employees themselves have no idea what is going on.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Kokonoe said:

To have that opinion you'd be essentially saying that when news occurs, it shouldn't be posted. This is news, something that affects people on a large enough basis and with actual evidence to support the concerns. I don't really see how you can have that opinion when this is information people need to know about. It's pretty concerning when the company's employees themselves have no idea what is going on.

I just feel that alittle more information should've been collected before posting, not that it shouldn't be posted at all. I know this is legitimately concerning, but its also highly confusing and conflicting with no real answers.

TSSZ saw that the subscribers portion was gone from Archie's site and jumped the gun and we had 1 (maybe 2) call(s) from members here to the CSRs at Archie before the article was posted on the main site. since then the CSRs are saying different things and we have new dates for the next upcoming issues not to mention Diana Skelly's opinion on the whole matter.

This is a confusing as shit situation with no clear answer as to whats going on. maybe it could've waited a day?

15 minutes ago, Kokonoe said:

I don't really see how you can have that opinion when this is information people need to know about.

1. Because he doesn't agree with that.

2. Because its his opinion and he can have it if he wants. That's really all it comes down to.

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel like they are just trying to spray the fire a bit before the house goes up to keep everyone at ease and to get people to stop calling all day.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

1. Because he doesn't agree with that.

2. Because its his opinion and he can have it if he wants.

Just because someone can have an opinion doesn't make that opinion understandable. News is intended to be something to keep information updated on a consistent basis, not something you wait till everything is concluded. If you did it this way, it would go against entirely what we as a society use news for, to keep updated on the current situation. People need to be informed what's going on with their money/investments and one of their favorite comics.

These websites didn't outright say it was going to be cancelled, but there was enough evidence to suggest the possibility, and people were already posting on forums. So once again, I do not understand that view.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Kokonoe said:

Just because someone can have an opinion doesn't make that opinion understandable.

It doesn't have to be. It's an opposing opinion, and it's okay to agree to disagree as a result.

3 minutes ago, Kokonoe said:

News is intended to be something to keep information updated on a consistent basis, not something you wait till everything is concluded. If you did it this way, it would go against entirely what we as a society use news for, to keep updated on the current situation. People need to be informed what's going on with their money/investments and one of their favorite comics.

This has absolutely nothing to do with my point at all. Funny thing is I'm not even disagreeing with you on relaying news, yet you still felt the need to repeat yourself. Again.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I feel like they are just trying to spray the fire a bit before the house goes up to keep everyone at ease and to get people to stop calling all day.

Funny thing is I think what they are saying now is just gonna cause more confusion and probably prompt more people to call just to see if she or someone else says the same thing.

Just now, SSF1991 said:

It doesn't have to be. It's an opposing opinion, and it's okay to agree to disagree as a result.

This has absolutely nothing to do with my point at all. Funny thing is I'm not even disagreeing with you on relaying news, yet you still felt the need to repeat yourself. Again.

Then why are you telling me " 1. Because he doesn't agree with that. " when I stated " I don't really see how you can have that opinion when this is information people need to know about. ". Not once did I state he is not allowed to have an opinion but you threw some presumptions in there. All I stated was that I don't see how he can have his view, not that he isn't entitled to it.

Actually, It kinda does, because you seem to have an issue with someone's opinion being put into question on a discussion forum, so in response I stated why that said view is questionable and I felt needs criticism.

Then why are you telling me " 1. Because he doesn't agree with that. " when I stated " I don't really see how you can have that opinion when this is information people need to know about. ". Not once did I state he is not allowed to have an opinion but you threw some presumptions in there. All I stated was that I don't see how he can have his view, not that he isn't entitled to it.

And I told you why he can have his view. Because he disagrees with you, and because he can. You don't have to agree with it, but at least respect it, nevertheless. There's no right or wrong here. You don't have to see eye to eye with that person, but telling people "I don't see how you can have that opinion" just comes off to me as you telling him "I don't see what you see because this is what I see and what I see is fact". This implies to me that what you see is the right way and he's wrong for feeling otherwise. And as I said, in a discussion like this there's no right or wrong. It's just...there. lol

you seem to have an issue with someone's opinion being put into question on a discussion forum

And you seem to have an issue with someone disagreeing with you. Hell, I didn't even have to disagree with you, and you went on about your views on reporting on news again when it had absolutely nothing to do with my point at all. It comes off forceful, and it just reinforced my feelings about what I felt you were doing. Just the fact I was defending him at all was a move that you didn't seem to approve of.

15 minutes ago, Kokonoe said:

in response I stated why that said view is questionable and I felt needs criticism.

There's a difference between criticism and talking down to someone. And I felt that you were talking down to someone.

1 minute ago, SSF1991 said:

And I told you why he can have his view. Because he disagrees with you, and because he can. You don't have to agree with it, but at least respect it, nevertheless. There's no right or wrong here. You don't have to see eye to eye with that person, but telling people "I don't see how you can have that opinion" just comes off to me as you telling him "I don't see what you see because this is what I see and what I see is fact". This implies to me that what you see is the right way and he's wrong for feeling otherwise. And as I said, in a discussion like this there's no right or wrong. It's just...there. lol

And you seem to have an issue with someone disagreeing with you. Hell, I didn't even have to disagree with you, and you went on about reporting on news again when it had absolutely nothing to do with my point at all. Just the fact I was defending him at all seemed to annoy you.

There's a difference between criticism and talking down to someone. And I felt that you were talking down to someone.

So in other words, you are essentially presuming I have an issue with the idea of someone disagreeing with me, and are stating that when I further elaborate my point that I am motivated by pure annoyance at your "defending" him? I think it's quite clear from everything you've assumed so far that you are in fact the one being influenced by irrational emotions.

I think our 'discussion' ends here. 

33 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

You don't have to agree with it, but at least respect it,

I refuse to respect any opinion which I think is complete nonsense.

Edit:

I'll refrain from calling you the single most cowardly individual in this whole community but good grief this really was up there. If you got a problem with me then debate it with me here instead of running off to twitter and rallying whoever is up to listen to you.

Edit 2: For those who want accurate time stamps. yup this tweet was posted before the "response" below.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

I don't even know how to dignify this with a response. Because wow. Just wow.

6 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Edit:

I'll refrain from calling you the single most cowardly individual in this whole community.

You got a problem with me then debate it with me here instead of running off to twitter and rallying whoever is up to listen to you.

Edit 2: For those who want accurate time stamps. yup this tweet was posted before the no response below.

All of those assumptions about me and my motivations, and he does this.

Nothing left to say.

20 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

I don't even know how to dignify this with a response. Because wow. Just wow.

20 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

I'll refrain from calling you the single most cowardly individual in this whole community.

And this quote is a good example of why I don't come to the staff for problems in the first place. If you want me to debate with things here, then calling me a coward will not help.

You got a problem with me then debate it with me here instead of running off to twitter and rallying whoever is up to listen to you.

Well, seeing how every debate I try to have gets cut off by staff, even if it was civil and on-topic, and you get told off for doing even the smallest things, it's no surprise that people would turn to other places like social media to debate instead. I don't even have an issue with anyone on the staff. But if it makes me "cowardly" because I don't feel I can properly debate on here in the first place, then that's your problem, not mine.

11 minutes ago, Kokonoe said:

All of those assumptions about me and my motivations, and he does this.

I explained why I felt the way I did, it's not an assumption, it's an interpretation. There's a difference. I'm not a mind reader.

Calm down guys. We're all fans at the end of the day just varying levels

I agree, but unfortunately people here just like to get so angry for some reason. No matter what I do. I've done nothing wrong but try to be understanding. I'm not even mad. Just don't get all the hostility.

(For some reason the forum posted this as a new post, when I was editing my previous one. My bad either way, but the new replies that came about while I was editing my post seemed to mess something up. lol)

• Thumbs Up 1