Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

Starting to smell like Archie forgot to renew the license.

Knowing Archie's usual level of incompetence this honestly wouldn't surprise me.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

That would be a sitcom level screw up, but it's Archie, so I can believe it.  With a little luck, they get it renewed and the comics keep on carrying on.  At least that what I'm hoping for.

• Thumbs Up 3

Really showing how much they care about the longest ever licensed comic, which has two important milestones and is supposed to tie into a big anniversary celebration this year. :/

• Thumbs Up 8

8 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

(Assuming this is true, too)

Official Sonic stream going on right now on Twitch. Maybe spam the chat? ?

(I know it's not a good suggestion but I am tired and we haven't heard anything yet.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Total fucking lol if its just some license screw up, All this panic over Archie not checking when their license due date was up, wonder whos the intern that got put in charge of that?!

Then again whos having the real laugh here? us or Archie and all the comic team watching us melt down.

4 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

You think the comic team will be laughing? Their work is being put on ice because some admin clerk couldn't do basic routine checks, if this is the case. 

Yeah you're right this is going to cause headaches and backups up the wazoo, but at least they still have jobs its a relief within itself that even though its going to be alittle hard for the next few months the comic is okay and will still go forward.

2 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

So wait, it's officially confirmed that this is just a cock-up and everything's fine?

Officially no, were about in the same limbo as we were. but officially we haven't been told anything official.

But its alittle bit of good news to hear from the main artist behind Mega Drive to say "Until its resolved" instead of something dire.

Personally, I'm still banking on the possibility that Archie's been having trouble negotiating with Sega, rather than that they forgot.  There may be some incompetent people at Archie, but I doubt they'd simply forget to renew a license they've been renewing for twenty plus years.  Sega being more stingy in negotiations, however, I can definitely see.

• Thumbs Up 4

It's good to know that not all the freelancers are in the dark on this, whatever it is, whether it's a more extreme issue or a lesser one.

Let's not troll people too much for information they could get in trouble for releasing, though. Not saying anyone is going that--just that it can be a temptation.

Tyson did follow up to confirm it's not simply a matter of Archie *forgetting* to renew the license. We'll see what's up soon, I suppose.

• Thumbs Up 6

Something I've been  thinking just how much longer could the comic go on

like what else is their to really do. I mean really do. Eggman trying to still conquer the world. Or some new villian trying to rule over the world.  besides game tie ins. That's one reason I liked mephiles. He did not want to rule or conquer anything. He just wanted to final Fantasy style destroy all reality well cause he wanted to lol

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Just for the sake of clarifying wording, a cancellation would also be a resolution, so him saying that he won't say anything in public "until it's resolved" isn't necessarily him saying the comic is safe, it's neutral. 

I don't know, "resolved" wouldn't be the word I'd type up resolved is usually saved for the case of trying to fix matters. "concluded" would sound better.

Anyways I'd like to think some kind of snag happened but the comic isn't in as much danger as we think it is, until something else crops up that derails said thinking.

If everything is okay though, this would be a good fucking time for Archie to tweet something along the lines of "hey subbers we know you're having troubles subscribing to the sonic the hedgehog and sonic universe comics. we're working on getting it resolved real soon."

Even if you can't say anything Archie at least acknowledge that theirs an issue with the subbing system atm.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Something I've been  thinking just how much longer could the comic go on

Since the Sonic comic is written as an ongoing as opposed to a single, linear story, it can pretty much go on for a long as they want it to, just like most other comic books. Especially now that there's a whole new world to explore, I'm pretty sure Ian isn't running it of stories yet.

They've also proven with the Sonic Universe book that they can put Dr. Eggman away for certain stories to keep things from getting repetitive. Even when he's the main villain in the main book, he's not always the problem being focused on; sometimes, one of his underlings or rival villains will take the spotlight as the main threat; sometimes it will be an anti-hero; sometimes it will be a situational problem without a villain; sometimes, as in the case of Eggman's Dozen (props for such a clever title), Eggman will actually be the (affably evil) protagonist.

Again, I don't think they're out of ideas just yet, and I'm really curious as to what Ian has planned or already written for after the current Genesis callback issues (edit: the Genesis of a Hero story). I also really want Eggman's Dozen in TPB form now that I brought it up.

• Thumbs Up 6

If Superman and Captain America can write fresh and interesting stories seventy plus years after their debut then Sonic can keep doing it for half that.

• Thumbs Up 8

2 hours ago, Borvoc said:

Since the Sonic comic is written as an ongoing as opposed to a single, linear story, it can pretty much go on for a long as they want it to, just like most other comic books. Especially now that there's a whole new world to explore, I'm pretty sure Ian isn't running it of stories yet.

They've also proven with the Sonic Universe book that they can put Dr. Eggman away for certain stories to keep things from getting repetitive. Even when he's the main villain in the main book, he's not always the problem being focused on; sometimes, one of his underlings or rival villains will take the spotlight as the main threat; sometimes it will be an anti-hero; sometimes it will be a situational problem without a villain; sometimes, as in the case of Eggman's Dozen (props for such a clever title), Eggman will actually be the (affably evil) protagonist.

Again, I don't think they're out of ideas just yet, and I'm really curious as to what Ian has planned or already written for after the current Genesis callback issues (edit: the Genesis of a Hero story). I also really want Eggman's Dozen in TPB form now that I brought it up.

Yet it's the same thing is what I am saying. Maybe I'm wishing for to big a turn of events but even with new villian the plot atm has been the same rotating cycle regardless of who's leading that arc. SU does offer glimpses into new territory but yet to do anything drastic.

2 hours ago, Sen said:

If Superman and Captain America can write fresh and interesting stories seventy plus years after their debut then Sonic can keep doing it for half that.

Well, more recently Cap is doing it by being a literal nazi... Though, to Marvel's credit, Hydra!Cap is a surprisingly compelling villain/anti-villain in his own right.

• Thumbs Up 2