Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Wow...

So the Babylon Rogues are back? I knew they would be, but they haven't appeared in a while so I was just curious where they've been. They only appeared in one side-plot so far. Considering Blaze's return (also on one side-plot) I figured they would.

Neat overall. Haven't been paying close attention to this stuff lately.

Does anyone have pics of the Babylon Rogues? I'd like to see how Yardley did with them since STH#163 & 164.

I did flick through that issue recently.... all I recall is that they were as Yardley-styled as the rest of the characters, and that Storm, Wave and Jet were respectively subtitled as "Moron", "Genius", and "Leader".

I stopped following the comics themselves round about the #70s, but Ian and Yardley have got me back into it! (as of #174)

I like how Ian is connecting the Babylon Rogues with the Battlebird Armada. They seem to fit together quite nicely. And Tracy's drawing of cocky Jet on that last page was fantastic.

If the Sonic blog is any indication, Babylon Garden may have a connection to Flicky Island. I love how Ian seems to be connecting these heretofore unrelated things together, and strangely, it works.

And I love how this arc proved to be more of a warmup to the Battlebird Armada's big move. The Battle Lord is such a refreshing villain, so gentlemanly and yet so merciless.

Edited by PC the Hedgehog

Does anyone have pics of the Babylon Rogues? I'd like to see how Yardley did with them since STH#163 & 164.

Yeah, sure. Give me a moment and it should be ready soon.

Fake Edit: link.

And I love how this arc proved to be more of a warmup to the Battlebird Armada's big move.

Eh.... I wasn't too thrilled about that. Ian just seems to be planting stories for future arcs and it doesn't really work out when all you're doing was giving vague hints and not actually focusing on what the issue was really about. Or maybe that was just some of the Knuckles Arc talking, because I found that arc pretty disappointing. That was my only grievance with the Tails arc, though.

The Battle Lord is such a refreshing villain

Did you not read the Off-panel? XD

Thank you very much!

Ahh, Tracy did a good job with the three (and their aircraft. And Jet's Extreme Gear!).

And I love how Storm's classified: Moron

Babylon Rogues = best part of this story!

I really love that they showed their airship!!! I have been wanting to see that ever since Sonic Riders, unfortunately SR:ZG seemed to take everything that was fun and unque about the rogues and throw it away <_<

I do hope they don't end up joining with the Battle Bird Armada, I like the rogues as just that, rogues who don't work for anybody but themselves.

I'm thinking that they have discovered something about Babylon Garden and think that the BBA are after it. Should be interesting and I hope to see more of the Babylon Rogues soon!

EDIT: Interesting (or not) thing I noticed; after reading issue #138 that I got with the Jazwares Vector/Espio figures I saw in the panel where King and Queen Acorn take off to fly around Mobius that their luggage has stickers as to where they will be shipped off to and I assume where the King and Queen will be travelling to - one of those places is "Cocoa Island"

Edited by The-Master-Board

The next preview for Sonic the hedgehog #217 is up here.

Sweet. I love the way they show Oil Ocean zone! That's what I've been missing lately, game references, I know it's something small but I just love when the comics have the characters in the old levels!

Also really enjoying the different take on the story. It's good to mix it up a bit by having the action first then sorta going back to recount how it led to that, kinda like Iron man 1 which I watched recently, makes for a change from the regular storytelling which can get pretty old.

LOVE the artwork by Ben Bates, easily my favourite artist that I've seen for years in the book, I hope to see covers from him one day. I can't wait to pick this up whenever I can, the artwork alone is a selling point for me! I'm really interested as to how and why Sonic and Bunnie started fighting as well...

Babylon Rogues = best part of this story!

I really love that they showed their airship!!! I have been wanting to see that ever since Sonic Riders, unfortunately SR:ZG seemed to take everything that was fun and unque about the rogues and throw it away <_<

I honestly don't know what you're getting at here. The Babylon Airship appears several times throughout Zero Gravity. It doesn't appear as frequently as in Riders, but it was still there.

Yes, though, agreed... The Rogues BETTER not join with the BB Army... They're best off on their own.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bunnie 'fighting' her comrades yet again? I know she was pretending in previous issues or were under The Iron Queen's control, but it really shows Ian's probable dislike for the char. Though maybe it could go deeper than that as if it was hinting at something....maybe she is the trai-...nah. I'm probably looking too deep into it. Eh, forget what I said. I really want to see this issue now.

I didn't think this would work as its own topic. But I was wondering if under the ripest of circumstances, does or did anyone think that Bunnie could have made a good playable character in the video games?

Edited by Dejablue

I honestly don't know what you're getting at here. The Babylon Airship appears several times throughout Zero Gravity. It doesn't appear as frequently as in Riders, but it was still there.

Yes, though, agreed... The Rogues BETTER not join with the BB Army... They're best off on their own.

What are you on about?

I've played all the way through SR:ZG and nowhere has their airship ever appeared.

I don't know where you think you've seen it??

EDIT: Sorry, my fault, just couldn't remember having seen it in ZG.

Agreed, the Rogues work better as a standalone team, the BB are better as generic expendable birds with a few of the leaders being unique characters....plus I don't see the Rogues ever following "army" orders.

Also, in Riders Jet's dad was an original Rogue, kinda like a sky pirate or something of the sort at least he looks it in that old-timey looking photo above Jet's desk. Wouldn't that mean Jet's history isn't tied up with the BB?

Edited by The-Master-Board

I didn't think this would work as its own topic. But I was wondering if under the ripest of circumstances, does or did anyone think that Bunnie could have made a good playable character in the video games?

Of all the Freedom Fighters, Bunnie indeed has the most potential as a playable character IMO. I can see her controlling like...Gamma actually. Gamma with a Transformers WFC twist.

She would be about the same speed as Knuckles/Omega and would be a power type. For a air ability, she'd have the hovering that Gamma and the Shadow Androids had. With one button press, she could convert the one arm into a blaster and back for tougher enemies and puzzles. As a power type, she'd be a bit more combat oriented than the speed types.

Good lord, I'd be all over that.

Here's the cutscenes of the airship from Zero Gravity

Before doing Nightside Rush, this shows the interior of the ship but you do not see the outside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfjC4MOYCU4

Best one I could find. Before security corridor when Eggman steals the Arks of the Cosmos, making Jet pull his epic face of shock. You see the outside of the ship in this one!

It also appears in the Hero story when you see Eggman being chased by the ship over head.

Here's the cutscenes of the airship from Zero Gravity

Before doing Nightside Rush, this shows the interior of the ship but you do not see the outside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfjC4MOYCU4

Best one I could find. Before security corridor when Eggman steals the Arks of the Cosmos, making Jet pull his epic face of shock. You see the outside of the ship in this one!

It also appears in the Hero story when you see Eggman being chased by the ship over head.

Wow ok, my bad.

I apologise, I seriously forgot all about that....how long has it been since I played SR:ZG?? jeez! Thought I would've remembered that seeing as I looove their airship.

Perhaps I forgot about it due to the story that I hated so much (stupid aliens again and contradictiong plots to the first riders where they are genies not aliens) I dunno, hate can be blinding!

Really dunno how I missed/forgot this one :huh:

Bunnie 'fighting' her comrades yet again? I know she was pretending in previous issues or were under The Iron Queen's control, but it really shows Ian's probable dislike for the char. Though maybe it could go deeper than that as if it was hinting at something....maybe she is the trai-...nah. I'm probably looking too deep into it. Eh, forget what I said. I really want to see this issue now.

Flynn once stated that with as nice and lovable Bunnie is, there was no better freedom fighter to make try to ruin Sonic for the 3rd time. Also Bunnie can not be the traitor. The traitor is definitely one of the original freedom fighters. My guess is that the "traitor" will be one of the anti freedom fighter doing the same thing Antione and Patch did. :huh:

My guess is that the "traitor" will be one of the anti freedom fighter doing the same thing Antione and Patch did. :huh:

Kinda difficult given how different the Antis are in appearance now. Patch really is missing an eye, Boomer is a cyborg thing, Tails just had his own arc so wouldn't be Miles (who would never be able to impersonate him anyway =P), Buns is in an Omega suit and is no longer on the side of evil... The only one who could even remotely pull it off would be Alicia, and I highly doubt that it's her. Last we saw of the Suppression Squad, Alicia and Miles were discussing that they have the schematics for the globe posts and were going to plan revenge on Mobius, so I do think we WILL see them again. I just kinda doubt they'd play the same old swap-out game this time, and if Sally was kidnapped AGAIN that would just be sad. So yeah, I highly doubt that any of the Antis are currently masquerading as any of the FFs.

Yay! I just got a double dose of Sonic goodness in the mail! Both my Wisp plush and my copy of #217 arrived at the same time! Expect my usual summary once I've fully read it.

Edit: Alright, summary time!

1.Sonic and Bunnie are dispatched to answer a call for back-up from the Sand Blast freedom fighters.

2.Bunnie malfunctions and falls down into the canyon.

3.Sonic believes this to be an act of betrayal from the Sand Blast freedom fighters and goes to confront them.

4.Sonic confronts three of them and demands to know where Jack is.

5.Sonic is ambushed by Tex, one of the SBFFs.

6.Jack arrives and asks Sonic what he's doing back in the city.

7.Sonic says that he's here to answer their distress call and accuses Jack of knocking Bunnie out of the sky.

8.Jack denies Sonic's accusation, but another of the SBFFs, Jolt, thinks that she may have been knocked out of the sky by an E.M.P the SBFFs sent out.

9.Jack reveals that they set up E.M.P beacons around the city to keep the Dark Egg Legion at bay.

10.He also reveals that the Dark Egg Legion captured Bunnie and offers to help Sonic if he'll help them take over Eggman's Sand Blast base. Sonic reluctantly agrees.

11.Jack reveals that the robians that were attacking the city when Sonic first visited were reverted back to normal and the SBFFs took them in, only for them to run back to Eggman to be legionized.

12.Sonic is confused as to why they would willingly serve Eggman and Jack reveals that they run the Oil Ocean refinery that Sonic is going to help them capture.

13.Elsewhere, Bunnie wakes up surrounded by Legionnaires and promptly jumps into action.

14.She stops when she hears a familiar voice at the door.

15.It's revealed to be her Uncle Beaureguard, who she's delighted to see.

16.Her uncle is actually the leader of the DEL in this area.

17.The two catch up on past events, such as Bunnie's roboticization and her marriage.

18.When he hears she's married to antoine, he calls the D'coolette family "soldiers who protect the oppressors."

19.Bunnie defends Antoine's name and asks her uncle to not start that now.

20.Bunnie asks her uncle about why they chose to serve Eggman again.

21.Beaureguard reveals that when they were returned to normal after being roboticized, the SBFFs showed them no mercy and claimed "once a robian, always a robian."

22.The SBFFs drove them into the badlands and they had no choice but to ask the Eggman Empire for help. He does not want to be a part of this conflict, but feels they have no choice but to protect the refinery or else the people he protects might get hurt.

23.Bunnie understands and offers her help.

24.Sonic and the SBFFs are on their way to the refinery, when Jack spots Bunnie in one of the DEL transports.

25.Sonic rushes over and socks Bunnie's uncle in the face, believing him to be an enemy.

26.Bunnie, unsuprisingly, is not too happy about this. She knocks Sonic into the Oil Ocean.

27.Sonic is confused about whether this is another double agent plan on Bunnie's part, or she really has turned traitor as Jack suggested.

28.Bunnie refuses to let the SBFFs get ahold of the refinery and Sonic refuses to let Eggman's goons hold onto it. The two begin their clash.

29.The back-up story begins with Cream and Vanilla's house under attack by Snively.

30.Vanilla called for help on an old radio, but got no response.

31.Snively reveals that Cream and Vanilla's home is on top of a huge amount of mystical energy and he has come to claim it for the Eggman Empire.

32.Amy arrives via a warp ring and attacks Snively's mech.

33.Amy lacks a way to get to the top of the mech, but Cream offers her flight services.

34.Vanilla refuses, but Cream insists that they have to protect the Chao they live with.

35.Amy assures her she'll look after Cream and Vanilla finally agrees to let Cream help.

35.Cream flies Amy up to the top of the mech and she lands a square hit right on top with her Piko Piko Hammer.

36.That hit sends the mech straight into Cream's house, destroying it. Oops.

37.Amy insists that the two live with her until Nicole can whip up a place of their own for them.

38.Vanilla believes Cream might be a little hesitant to move, as she does not want to leave the Chao without their garden.

39.Amy recognizes some of the Chao from the Knothole Chao garden before Eggman destroyed it.

40.She tells Cream that Nicole can convert the Lake of Rings into a Chao Garden in no time and Cream is delighted.

41.The three depart for the city, ending the issue.

42.There's a funny off-panel strip featuring El Gran Gordo, Chris, and Bokkun being depressed that Cream's finally in the comic, but they're still left out.

That's all she wrote. I'm interested to see how this story plays out.

Edited by chaoscontrol14