Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

8 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Ian said some time ago that there'd be smaller arcs/stories between GoaH and 300, this isn't anything new.

Interesting. I wonder what the context for that statement would have been.

The context is that the comic is just gonna chill for a while after the incredibly drawn-out arc that was the Shattered World Saga.

• Thumbs Up 5

8 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

The context is that the comic is just gonna chill for a while after the incredibly drawn-out arc that was the Shattered World Saga.

That actually makes sense. I was kind of thinking that would be a good idea myself, so I should have put two and two together and assumed that's also what Ian was getting at.

Edit: Welp, new BumbleKast today. I'll have to listen to see if Ian had to dance around any subscription questions. :P

Yeah, I am fine with shorter, more light hearted stories for awhile, Ecspecially after such a long arc.  My guess is that 300 will be the start of the next major arc of the series.

Also who else wants to bet that Sonic Universe #99 will be a Sonic Mania adaption?  (Makes sense as Freedom Fighters will end at 98 and they need something to tide people over till big #100!)

• Thumbs Up 4

12 minutes ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

Yeah, I am fine with shorter, more light hearted stories for awhile, Ecspecially after such a long arc.  My guess is that 300 will be the start of the next major arc of the series.

I'd actually prefer that they wait for #301 to start the next arc and use #300 as a one-off anniversary celebration or sorts (whatever that means). What you say makes sense, though.

12 minutes ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

Also who else wants to bet that Sonic Universe #99 will be a Sonic Mania adaption?  (Makes sense as Freedom Fighters will end at 98 and they need something to tide people over till big #100!)

I don't know. Doesn't Universe usually focus on characters other than Sonic? Maybe they'll do a Mania adaptation in the main book instead? They probably won't do that until the game is released, though, to avoid spoiling any zones that haven't been shown, etc.

9 minutes ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

mania will be releasing in june / july right? at least the CE is scheduled around this time in amazon, a mania adaptation/tie-in makes sense as a standalone universe issue, but i won't discard it being done in the main comic.

2 minutes ago, NikoS said:

mania will be releasing in june / july right? at least the CE is scheduled around this time in amazon, a mania adaptation/tie-in makes sense as a standalone universe issue, but i won't discard it being done in the main comic.

Yea, I believe Mania is supposed to have a Summer Release in the U.S.  and given issue #99 should be out in June it would be perfect timing.

But I agree it is also possible they could do a Mania adaption in the main book down the road.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wouldn't be too surprised if Mania just get a little five-page back-up story rather than a full-fledged storyline (can't say I'd care for the latter anyway). Or if the Super Special Magazine is really coming back (I've heard issue 14 was resolicited somewhat recently?), it might get some kind of feature in there. Not expecting the comic to drop what it's doing for it in a major way besides to celebrate the release and tell people to go buy it.

8 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Mania comes out in Spring.

Spring is March-Mid June, so the June timeframe works. Don't think it matters much like; and the main comic already has a Mania nod, though I'd be interested in a short little tie-in to the game itself. 

13 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

#99 is obviously not going to be out by June now is it.

It should be.

95 February 

96. March

97. April

98. May

99. June.

The main book got pushed back six weeks to March but SU 95 only got pushed back two weeks so it is still coming out in February.

• Thumbs Up 1

We're all talking about the possibility of a Mania story helping lead up to #100, but does anyone have any theories about what #100 itself could be?

15 minutes ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

It should be.

95 February 

96. March

97. April

98. May

99. June.

The main book got pushed back six weeks to March but SU 95 only got pushed back two weeks so it is still coming out in February.

...oh. I stand corrected.

7 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

We're all talking about the possibility of a Mania story helping lead up to #100, but does anyone have any theories about what #100 itself could be?

I'm betting on Part 1 of a new story arc. We haven't had that for a landmark since 25.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

The next Mega Man crossover

I couldn't say, but I'd expect something double-sized. Let's say the next storylines are all short, one-offs and we're going to continue past all that. Probably something to kick off the next major arc, possibly tying into Project 2017 or even a Lost World adaptation? That or Eggman just launching his next scheme that's not related to any of the games.

1 minute ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

How do I get variant covers again?

In comic shops, and you can also order them from the Archie Shop these days.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Crossover with Riverdale.

lol

5 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Lost World adaptation isn't happening yet, according to Ian.

Yeah, it might be a little soon after the Shattered World Crisis, where I believe the Deadly Six appeared. Still, Ian has also said he'd like to get a crack at them as characters sometime (not sure if their appearance in Shattered World counts in that regard).

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

In comic shops, and you can also order them from the Archie Shop these days.

Yeah, I think that might have been easier to do then I thought.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

How do I get variant covers again?

As far as I know, they're only sold at comic book stores, so you should probably check your local shop and see if they either get them in with their regular shipments or see if you can request they special order them for you prior to the book's release.

Alternatively, there's probably online comic shops that you can get them at like Midtown Comics or even second hand off of eBay.

EDIT: Ninja'd

20 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

lol

Yeah, it might be a little soon after the Shattered World Crisis, where I believe the Deadly Six appeared. Still, Ian has also said he'd like to get a crack at them as characters sometime (not sure if their appearance in Shattered World counts in that regard).

The Six appeared in "Worlds Unite." So, still, kinda soon (and "kinda during" the Shattered World Crisis).

• Thumbs Up 1