Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

18 hours ago, Barry the Nomad said:

My letter was published in that god awful Super Special issue, lol.

Edit: Did a SEGA News Bits featuring my thoughts on the whole thing:

I am an actual doctor who just graduated medical school and will be applying for my residency in pediatrics. And I'm 28.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not Suprised to see the Digest end.  I figured if any books did have to get the Axe it would be the Digests & Magazines.  Oh well, if there were still any Sonic Comic Orgions strips planned maybe Ian can sneak them in as Back-Ups in STH or SU in the future.  (I'd like to see one for Cassia & Clove myself.)

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Archie have at least confirmed that Sonic Super Digest #18 is cancelled, by the looks of it. 

You mean this?:

NOV161171 SONIC SUPER DIGEST #18 4

Forgive my ignorance, but just to clarify, does 4 mean "canceled" our something?

Good point, it makes far more sense with this page at hand.

Yeah, the numbers at the end correspond to their key. Most common is 2 which just means a formal delay (hence the need to resolicit), but 4 means the item has been cancelled by the publisher, so Archie have told PW via the order form that they've cancelled it off. 

• Thumbs Up 3

26 minutes ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

Not Suprised to see the Digest end.  I figured if any books did have to get the Axe it would be the Digests & Magazines.  Oh well, if there were still any Sonic Comic Orgions strips planned maybe Ian can sneak them in as Back-Ups in STH or SU in the future.  (I'd like to see one for Cassia & Clove myself.)

It's just the Digests. We have no idea if the new Magazine issue is canned too.

I've said this a few times in the past, but if I had to have one or the other, I'd go for the Magazine. The Digests used to be a great read back before all the pre-reboot stuff became off-limits, now they're just boring omnibuses of recents issues. I'd much rather have the book with all the bonus features and less stories packed in making it so they don't exhaust their supply than the digests.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I've said this a few times in the past, but if I had to have one or the other, I'd go for the Magazine. The Digests used to be a great read back before all the pre-reboot stuff became off-limits, now they're just boring omnibuses of recents issues. I'd much rather have the book with all the bonus features and less stories packed in making it so they don't exhaust their supply than the digests.

I second that, also we can still have the sonic comic origins in the magazines, along maybe with the new universe timeline

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic The Hedgehog #292 has been resolicited for March 22nd.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC161281

So the current release schedule right now is..

Sonic Universe #95 2/22

Sonic #291 3/1

Sonic Universe #96 3/8

Sonic #292 3/22

Sonic #293 TBD

Sonic Universe #97 4/12

Sonic #294 4/26.

And for trades & Magazines we have..

Sonic Super Special Magazine #14 2/22

Sonic/Megaman Worlds Unite vol 3. 3/8

Sonic the Hedgehog Vol 5: Champions 4/5

Sonic Universe Sagas Volume 1: Pirate Plunder Panic 5/23

Sonic The Hedgehog Vol 6: August 

It will be interesting to see how many of these dates hold up.  Also knowing we will be getting 3 Sonic Comics in March (and maybe 3 in April as well if STH #293 gets resolicited for early that month) is nice. Seems like Archie wants to actually kerp things on track this time! :)

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I still don't understand why Sonic 291 and Universe 95 have been switched around.

I'm sticking with the for some weird reason they aren't legally allowed to publish classic Sonic till March excuse. :P

Also the last Mega-Drive special Overdrive is set for March 1st as well.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JAN171337

• Thumbs Up 4

8 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I still don't understand why Sonic 291 and Universe 95 have been switched around.

It seems not anymore, the other dates are still the same, but it appears that Universe #95 was  pushed back to april 12

Capturar1.JPG

26 minutes ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

Oh for the love of.... c'mon Archie!  Your gonna give me a hernia here! :wacko:

we can hope it's their final change (excluding the follow-up universe issues), now the release order (StH - SU) is right again

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, NikoS said:

we can hope it's their final change (excluding the follow-up universe issues), now the release order (StH - SU) is right again

Yea, sucks to see Universe suffer such a delay, but getting 2 issues of STH in March & maybe April almost balances things out.  But still, uggg!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, NikoS said:

It seems not anymore, the other dates are still the same, but it appears that Universe #95 was  pushed back to april 12

Capturar1.JPG

But doesn't that put it after #292? Unless we're getting more delays, which would make sense. Unless I'm totally confused.

5 hours ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

Yea, sucks to see Universe suffer such a delay, but getting 2 issues of STH in March & maybe April almost balances things out.  But still, uggg!!!

As long as they don't send me multiple copies of the same issue again, I'm good.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just hope we get solid finalized release dates for all the issues soon.  It sucks knowing we won't get any new Sonic comics in February  (except SSM#14 if that stands) 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Borvoc said:

But doesn't that put it after #292? Unless we're getting more delays, which would make sense. Unless I'm totally confused.

yes it is scheduled after #292 now, but it makes sense, since it seems  #292's story will lead to the Freedom Fighters arc in some way

• Thumbs Up 2

Rather hear about delays and weird publishing dates right now then cancellations, think I've had enough of that word for a bit.

• Thumbs Up 8

Still no update for a lot of the Releases.  Personally My guess is we will (hopefully) see something like this.

SSSM #14 2/22

STH#291 March 1st

Sonic Megadrive: Overdrive March 8th

STH #292 March 22nd

SU#95 April 12th

STH #293 April 19th

SU #96 May 3rd

STH #294: May 17th

SU #97 May 31st

But yea, hopefully we will se finalized releases for all the books soon.

• Thumbs Up 5

Irrelevant from the topic, but this is something I've been curious on wanting to know lately.

For those of you who buy the physical copies of the comic, how do you guys store them? I've been putting them in comic book sleeves into binders with a board on the back of each sleeve, with two issues per sleeve. But I want to know if there's a better method to storing my comics rather than just putting them in a binder. Any thoughts? Anyone else want to state how they store their comics?

14 minutes ago, BlueSpeeder said:

Irrelevant from the topic, but this is something I've been curious on wanting to know lately.

For those of you who buy the physical copies of the comic, how do you guys store them? I've been putting them in comic book sleeves into binders with a board on the back of each sleeve, with two issues per sleeve. But I want to know if there's a better method to storing my comics rather than just putting them in a binder. Any thoughts? Anyone else want to state how they store their comics?

Personally I just buy current size bags and boards and store my books on a shelf. They're a pretty snug fit for my comics, but I prefer that to them possibly sliding around in something larger like silver size. When I stack them, I alternate every four or five issues in the stack so everything sits flatly.

I've been thinking of investing in a long box or two recently, since that probably seems like the most ideal way to store comics, and they don't seem to cost very much and it'd make it easier to sort through my books.