Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Still not officially caught up, but caught up enough to comment on current issues. I've considered Tails a core member for a while. He's been too useful in the book overall to be written off like that. What was that whole Chosen One business, that was Tails.

Exactly. He's more than proved himself in the comics, but he's still even now spoken about as if he hasn't. He's also made out to be kind of a whiny brat if he ever complains about it :\

I also don't buy Miles being so influential in his zone if Tails isn't even a member.

Sadly, since the newly redesigned (at the time) Suppression Squad were completely Ian's lovechild (and his concept for Miles existed as far back as 2000 - parallel universe Tails from Ian's whacked-out pre-Archie fancomic 'Other M' is TOTALLY Miles), I think this is entirely intentional. I guess the implication is that anti-Tails is confident, respected and influential because he's supposed to be the opposite of Tails x.o Don't get me wrong, Miles is AWESOME. But his very existence is yet another jab at Tails' inadequacy :\

By the by, am I really the ONLY one thinking incredibly dirty thoughts about #220's cover?

I LOVE how Shadow is ultimately the straight man in a world full of "idiots". You kinda feel bad for him XD

That pretty much sums my thoughts.

By the by, am I really the ONLY one thinking incredibly dirty thoughts about #220's cover?

Argh! it's the second time you steal my joke... ashfgashfgashdgsad!!1!

I guess pervert great minds think alike. :V

inb4urtooslow.

Edited by gato

Heh, so the traitor really does appear...

But really, I ADORE that SU cover! Damn! That is SO FRICKIN' HILARIOUS!

I'm totally showing my GF that what. ROFL!

The Dragon Kingdom is Mobius' China, I'm talking more the 'Stans. Just the way the city was stacked reminded me of a village in the Middle East or Afghanistan, on the hills. The city also included a lot of spires. Sandblast City was located east of Mercia, which is the right spot. And just as a side point, Oil Ocean's music is clearly a mock-Arabic tune.

Even still, NONE of the culture in the city has ever seemed to be Asian, especially with the Texan/southern accents I mentioned earlier.

Here are the covers for StH #220 and SU #23.

su23.650.jpg

Oh my God, SU #23's cover... XD

:lol::lol::lol:

This proves that TTT is easily going to be the best arc in all of SU. Period.

Once again, Shadow's expression wins the cover. I can't wait to see how he reacts to all of this madness in the actual comic.

I LOVE how they went to the trouble of making Shadow's bike the DarkRider from SaSASR. Very nice touch.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Major Ziggy Shadow-Dust says:

Shadow's expression says it all.

Haha

At least get yourself some more appropriate clothing Cream!

Dump the little red dress and wear some leathers with lots of rinestone and steel toe-capped boots.

I like that they are using the ASR Shadow bike, do I hear Jazwares toy and comic tie in!

Yes! A new comic pack featuring this issue with exclusive Cream and Shadow figures and the DarkRider! The Cream can come with some custom sunglasses and a hardcore Cheese mini figure while one of Shadow's hands could be open so he could do the face palming pose on the comic. It would sell millions! :lol:

Here are the descriptions, as well as the preview for Sonic Archives #14!

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #220

"In Service to the King" Part Two.

Danger abounds in this pulse-pounding issue! Sonic is lost in a void with no chance of escape! One of his friends is about to make a terrible mistake! An old villain is poised to return, and a Chaos Emerald hangs in the balance! Then, discover the final fate of the villainess Lien-Da in "From the Inside Out."

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn

ART: Jamal Peppers, Terry Austin, John Workman, and Matt Herms

COVER: Jamal Peppers, Terry Austin, and Matt Herms

Shipping Date: DEC 15, 2010

On Sale at Comic Shops: DEC 22, 2010

Newsstands: Week of JAN 4, 2011

Comic, 32 pgs, 40 lb glossy stock, Full-Color

$2.99 US

SONIC UNIVERSE #23

"Treasure Team Tango," Part Three.

The race for the Sol Emerald continues, and things are getting heated! Can Team Rose and Team Dark settle down long enough to track down a thieving trio of hooligans? And when a surprise FOURTH team joins the fray, will it make things better-- or worse?!

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn

ART: Tracy Yardley, Jim Amash, Phil Felix, and Jason Jensen

COVER: Tracy Yardley and Ben Hunzeker

Shipping Date: DEC 1, 2010

On Sale at Comic Shops: DEC 8, 2010

Newsstands: Week of DEC 21, 2010

Comic, 32 pgs, 40 lb glossy stock, Full-Color

$2.99 US

sa14.650.jpg

SONIC ARCHIVES #14

It's the dawning of a new age for Sonic, and SONIC ARCHIVES VOL. 14 is there to catch it from the beginning! Dr. Robotnik has fallen to the events of "Endgame," but that doesn't mean the danger has passed! New zones, old secrets, and one very ugly wizard are all set to debut and give Sonic trouble! This high quality paperback volume collects Sonic the Hedgehog #51-54.

SCRIPT: Various

ART: Sam Maxwell, Art Mawhinney, Nelson Ortega, John Hebert, Andrew Pepoy, Jim Amash, Pam Eklund, Harvey Mercadoocasio

COVER: Patrick "Spaz" Spaziante

Shipping Date: DEC 22, 2010

On Sale: DEC 29, 2010

Soft Cover, 5x7&3/8, 112 pgs, Full-Color

Hoping the "old villain poised to return" is Naugus...

Hi, new guy, yada yada.....

I see all these people talking about poor Tails, no one respects him, he's always whining, whatever.... am I reading the same comic as everyone here? Because yea, in the early issues it was always about Tails being the little kid who wants respect....and he wasn't really a freedom fighter then. AT FIRST. But he is now. But hat still doesn't make him one of the "founding members"....he was just a baby when it all started any way. No one says he's not a FF now.

Now in the Tails Adventure story we just had tho...they even talk about how his old adventure arc wasn't that good. He kept getting attacked and knocked out and had to get his mutant butt saved by TWO OTHER FREEDOM FIGHTER TEAMS. In this story tho, he was the hero:

Antoine and Bunny got attacked and caught. Tails got attacked and was the only one who ESCAPED

Tails ambushed a bunch of the BB's and stole back the Sea Fox again on his own

He figured out how to sneak into the BB base

He made the plans and Antoine and Bunny followed HIS orders on how to destroy the base

He figured out how to beat the mecha

He saved Speedy's life

He figured out the ship

He was the only one the bad guys were mad at at the end

Even Antoine and Bunny praised him for everything, kept saying "we trust Tails"....

Also in recent stories, yea, Tails got mad because a bad guy (Yaygu Lord) treated him like a kid, but even Sonic said that was wrong, that Tails was more successful in his life. He talked down Monkey Khan on NICOLE too. And in the preview now, Sonic even showed he trusts Tails to be in charge of the FF if something happens to him and Bunny. They show a lot more respect for him lately.

Someone says Tails isn't one of the founding FF members, which is TRUE, and it's such a big insult to the little mutant squirrel bud... lol

Lol at the SU cover, though isn't it a bit early to start having parodies of Cream's personality? Seeing as we only meet her in the comics maybe two issues prior to this one there isn't much time for character development and therefore less of an impact in the comedy sense to see a childish cutesy character made to look like a badass.

lol you think it will take people four issues (this will be the 4th with Cream?) to figure out Cream is all cute and sweet type? That's all she is any way.

They still haven't done a Shadow the Hedgehog arch yet.

Yea they did? It was the first Sonic Universe arc.

Also I agree that Sand Blast City is south US and not Middle eastern. They all have southern accents! Plus there are cactus, which don't grow in the Middle East. Also, you think they don't drill for oil there too? See the news the last few months? lol

I like the SU cover, but the normal Sonic one is a little weird. What's pasha milk?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I LOVE how they went to the trouble of making Shadow's bike the DarkRider from SaSASR. Very nice touch.

Why does his bike have the Black Arms insignia on it?

300px-BlackArmsInsignia.png

I see all these people talking about poor Tails, no one respects him, he's always whining, whatever.... am I reading the same comic as everyone here? Because yea, in the early issues it was always about Tails being the little kid who wants respect....and he wasn't really a freedom fighter then. AT FIRST. But he is now. But hat still doesn't make him one of the "founding members"....he was just a baby when it all started any way. No one says he's not a FF now.

Now in the Tails Adventure story we just had tho...they even talk about how his old adventure arc wasn't that good. He kept getting attacked and knocked out and had to get his mutant butt saved by TWO OTHER FREEDOM FIGHTER TEAMS. In this story tho, he was the hero:

Antoine and Bunny got attacked and caught. Tails got attacked and was the only one who ESCAPED

Tails ambushed a bunch of the BB's and stole back the Sea Fox again on his own

He figured out how to sneak into the BB base

He made the plans and Antoine and Bunny followed HIS orders on how to destroy the base

He figured out how to beat the mecha

He saved Speedy's life

He figured out the ship

He was the only one the bad guys were mad at at the end

Even Antoine and Bunny praised him for everything, kept saying "we trust Tails"....

Also in recent stories, yea, Tails got mad because a bad guy (Yaygu Lord) treated him like a kid, but even Sonic said that was wrong, that Tails was more successful in his life. He talked down Monkey Khan on NICOLE too. And in the preview now, Sonic even showed he trusts Tails to be in charge of the FF if something happens to him and Bunny. They show a lot more respect for him lately.

Someone says Tails isn't one of the founding FF members, which is TRUE, and it's such a big insult to the little mutant squirrel bud... lol

I think you missed the point.

No one is denying any of what you just said. In fact, it's all the stuff that he HAS done which makes the lingering attitude about him all the more infuriating. All of the stuff you said about the latest arc... the point WPC, I and others were trying to make is that, at this late stage, there shouldn't have to be a big deal about how everyone can trust Tails or how THIS solo adventure he's tougher than before. It should be a given. Bunnie and Sonic shouldn't have to have had a conversation where it's implied that Tails would have taken it badly that he couldn't come on the mission and that he might have felt that it was because he was being left behind again. Tails shouldn't have to had blown up at the fact that he was called a kid and get so... childishly upset over it, because it's such an overused theme, and having him act so childish over it just kinda proves the point.

I think back on the Suppression Squad arc (which was a little while ago now, but not so far back) and how Miles - who presumably is the exact same age as Tails - called Tails a 'child' and told him to be quiet, and how Tails (understandably) got peeved. Bunnie held him back and was all "Not now, hun" or something like that in the most patronising way possible... I understand how she couldn't let him jeopardise the deal the FFs were making with Miles against Scourge, but the contrast between childish not-taken-seriously Tails and his more 'grown up' and respected evil counterpart (who, I repeat, can't actually be any older than him) was just sickening to see.

It's not about Tails' actions - he HAS done a lot, and that is exactly the problem. He's achieved so much and more than proved himself as a Freedom Fighter, yet a lingering attitude about him prevails in which he has to prove himself time and time again as if all the other stuff didn't really count and it's always a surprise when he accomplishes something big. I can accept that he wasn't one of the original FFs, even though this does annoy me for reasons I mentioned earlier, but I find it hard to swallow that he's STILL having to prove his independence even now.

• Thumbs Up 1

They just had to make the water opaque, didn't they? Ya know, rainwater is clear, so it only affects specularity, not color.

And it's also way too viscous, appearing to be coagulated in a lot of places and appears to be maintaining its shape rather than just taking the path of least resistance.

Edited by Phos

That was exactly my thought. It doesn't look like water. It's acting like a much more thick and gloopy substance without the translucency of H2O.

I thought naughty thoughts upon seeing that cover. Then I realized it was supposed to be rain. Then I kept thinking naughty thoughts.... /fo SHAME/

Aww, and here I was thinking we'd have some steamy hot Sonic bukkake action. :c

It hasn't been de-confirmed though. Ohohoho! >:3

Anywho, the cover of that Sonic Universe comic is hilarious. Cheese is hardcore. Also, is that Shadow's Dark Rider from Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing I see? Heh, didn't expect that to be imported into the comics! :lol: Still not all too fond of Sumo Digital's decision to put the Black Arms insignia on there though, but oh well.

I don't actually read these comics, but at least the covers are pretty. :P

EDIT: Hold the phone, Cream's ascot is incorrectly coloured! I can not tolerate such inaccuracies.

Edited by HunterTSF

I think you missed the point.

No one is denying any of what you just said. In fact, it's all the stuff that he HAS done which makes the lingering attitude about him all the more infuriating. All of the stuff you said about the latest arc... the point WPC, I and others were trying to make is that, at this late stage, there shouldn't have to be a big deal about how everyone can trust Tails or how THIS solo adventure he's tougher than before. It should be a given. Bunnie and Sonic shouldn't have to have had a conversation where it's implied that Tails would have taken it badly that he couldn't come on the mission and that he might have felt that it was because he was being left behind again. Tails shouldn't have to had blown up at the fact that he was called a kid and get so... childishly upset over it, because it's such an overused theme, and having him act so childish over it just kinda proves the point.

I think back on the Suppression Squad arc (which was a little while ago now, but not so far back) and how Miles - who presumably is the exact same age as Tails - called Tails a 'child' and told him to be quiet, and how Tails (understandably) got peeved. Bunnie held him back and was all "Not now, hun" or something like that in the most patronising way possible... I understand how she couldn't let him jeopardise the deal the FFs were making with Miles against Scourge, but the contrast between childish not-taken-seriously Tails and his more 'grown up' and respected evil counterpart (who, I repeat, can't actually be any older than him) was just sickening to see.

It's not about Tails' actions - he HAS done a lot, and that is exactly the problem. He's achieved so much and more than proved himself as a Freedom Fighter, yet a lingering attitude about him prevails in which he has to prove himself time and time again as if all the other stuff didn't really count and it's always a surprise when he accomplishes something big. I can accept that he wasn't one of the original FFs, even though this does annoy me for reasons I mentioned earlier, but I find it hard to swallow that he's STILL having to prove his independence even now.

I think you're still seeing too much of a bias against Tails.... I think this story was supposed to finally be the end to most of that, since his first arc didn't really do that (like I said he always was rescued by everyone else). Why is Bunny patronising? Lots of characters have to get held back sometimes (Antoine with Patch, Sally has to stop Sonic and Monkey Kahn from being stupid all the time). And she calls everyone "hun" and sugar and whatever.

Miles is supposed to be the same age as Tails, of course, but he's not better because he acts older. It's he doesn't know how to act his age, he thinks it's shameful, so he makes fun of Tails for actually acting his age, calling him "child". He is a twisted little kid after all. He tries to act more mature, but look when Scourge goes Super.... he was a scared little kid. In a way, trying to pretend you're not your age is childish if you ask me. It's supposed to be sickening because he's a evil little brat. You're not supposed to think Tails is soo immature because he got upset and Miles is soo much better....you're supposed to think that Miles is just high on himself. They both don't like not being taken seriously because of their age, but Miles isn't really more mature....he's so childish that he's afraid to be himself. Tails gets mad when he's treated like that, but Miles just pretends to be something else because he thinks being his age is shameful.

Also if in the preview they didn't talk about why Tails is not there I bet people would be complaining that Sonic went on the adventure to the desert with Bunny instead of "his best friend" or sidekick or whatever. It just explains why he didn't go because he went to Sand Blast City with Sonic before too. The story is supposed to be on Bunny's past.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

lol you think it will take people four issues (this will be the 4th with Cream?) to figure out Cream is all cute and sweet type? That's all she is any way.

Well I assume people who play the games will know this, obviously, but to people who may only read the comics, or buy the odd game (how many titles, let alone major titles has Cream been in really) they might not actually know who this character is.

I'm just saying it feels a bit early to parody something that hasn't been established yet. It would be like the equivalent of just newly introducing Evil Sonic, but three issues in having him 'see the error of his ways' and play the good guy for a bit.

This is all assuming Cream is acting badass though, and after seeing the description it doesn't really seem the case. We now know that Team Dark and Team rose will be fighting for the Sol Emerald, so this cover is really just a parody and nothing really to do with the issue I assume....though judging by how little the recent covers have had to do with the story lately I guess it should've been more obvious.

I assume (hope) this trickster Team is going to be a team up of Nack, Bean and Bark! Because that has been my ultimate Sonic team fantasy for so long! B) But this mystery team...? I'm thinking the Babylon Rogues?

Yea they did? It was the first Sonic Universe arc.

Also I agree that Sand Blast City is south US and not Middle eastern. They all have southern accents! Plus there are cactus, which don't grow in the Middle East. Also, you think they don't drill for oil there too? See the news the last few months? lol

I like the SU cover, but the normal Sonic one is a little weird. What's pasha milk?

That wasn't really so much a Shadow arc as it was following Shadow around after the events with Silver and Scourge, and it focused alot on Blaze's dimension and Marine, so I wouldn't really call it a Shadow arc. The forming of Team Dark arc I would say was more "shaodw's" arc.

Also I don't get why people are trying to work out if Sandblast city is Asian, Middle Eastern or American, does it really matter?

I don't want this to be shitty like Sonic Unleashed and try to copy our world. This is Mobius, we can have a city with Middle Eastern architecture and Texan talking rabbits if we want.

Edited by The-Master-Board

I don't want this to be shitty like Sonic Unleashed and try to copy our world.

Alright, I went back and checked my Sonic #62. They have the accents back then, but the city still looks like a stone hewn Eastern-inspired setting to me. So I guess it could go either way. What made me assume it was Middle Eastern and totally forget about the accents was where it's located on the Mobian map.

By the way Master-Board, Mobius is entirely based on our Earth... I mean, a placed called Downunda? I thought that was corny when I was ten. I like it, but it's still corny man.