Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I really don't know why everyone's being pessimistic again. If anything, the news from the Archie panel actually has me a little more confident that we may in fact start getting issues again as soon as they've got the headwork done on Riverdale, etc. (in addition, potentially, to the court case, of course).

9 hours ago, RictalRose0 said:

Oh yeah you'll get them, whenever they get around to it. Even if they eventually give the costumer the promised issues that's still terrible costumer service. At the very least they could put a notice saying "There are complications at the moment, do not worry, your issues will be delivered as soon possible". What do they expect their subscribers to go and play detective trying to figure out what's happening? I mean look at us, we have done all this lurking around and investigating and we still aren't sure, and Archie still has no comment on the issue. For a corporation to act like this, treat it's costumers like this? This is just sloppy, they should know better that to act like this.

Exactly. If I pay for something that's SUPPOSED to be delivered to my mailbox every month and I don't get it delivered to my mailbox every month, I expect either an explanation as to why or at LEAST acknowledgement that it's happening. I don't think that's asking too much as a paying customer.

@PC the Hedgehog In addition to Archie's focus being on Riverdale, they may also not be able to discuss the delays due to the legal case ongoing at the moment. If you're not willing to wait, you can ask for a refund or transfer your subscription. You don't have to be a paying customer in the first place, so I don't really think it's fair to complain.

Edit: I can understand you being unhappy, but I think you also need to be understanding toward Archie. You may not be getting what you want, but you're not being wronged either.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Just keep the characters and keep the action intense. 'Tis all I say...

Agreed. I've been saying it a bunch but just move the continuity over to a different publisher and I'll be happy. Archie can rot for all I care just so long as the current continuity stays intact.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

@PC the Hedgehog In addition to Archie's focus being on Riverdale, they may also not be able to discuss the delays due to the legal case ongoing at the moment. If you're not willing to wait, you can ask for a refund or transfer your subscription. You don't have to be a paying customer in the first place, so I don't really think it's fair to complain.

Edit: I can understand you being unhappy, but I think you also need to be understanding toward Archie. You may not be getting what you want, but you're not being wronged either.

I've been willing to wait. And I have waited. And I'm perfectly understanding. They don't have to tell me WHY the delays are happening, but at least acknowledge they're happening. I don't think that's asking too much. I'm paying for a product, not being given a product, and not receiving any communication about my not getting the product I paid for. How is that NOT being wronged? How am I the one acting unfairly?

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not being wronged because you can ask for a refund or a subscription transfer if you're not happy with what you're getting.

Eh, I think just because they can MAKE things right doesn't mean things weren't wrong in the first place, but that's just my opinion.

I think it's technically on you to make things right by asking for a refund or subscription transfer, or by being willing to wait, but whatever.

I wish the comics were being released too, but I don't feel entitled to them. I also understand the need to treat Archie and their employees the way I would want to be treated and to be understanding of the difficulties they might be experiencing that may be forcing them to provide poorer service than they would otherwise like to be providing us.

I suppose this whole conversation is just filler until we actually get more news.

42 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

I think it's technically on you to make things right by asking for a refund or subscription transfer, or by being willing to wait, but whatever.

I wish the comics were being released too, but I don't feel entitled to them. I also understand the need to treat Archie and their employees the way I would want to be treated and to be understanding of the difficulties they might be experiencing that may be forcing them to provide poorer service than they would otherwise like to be providing us.

I suppose this whole conversation is just filler until we actually get more news.

I'm sorry, but I do not agree with you. It is not the customer's responsibility to make something right. It is the business's responsibility to the paying customer to make things right. Archie is wronging all who are currently subscribed to their comics that are being delayed with them not mentioning the issue or giving any details. I don't care if they have a new TV show they are focusing on or not. If they're not going to continue their comics, they need to tell subscribers and cancel the subscriptions. If they are going to continue then they need to let people know when they plan to do so.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I still disagree. Archie doesn't owe you a refund unless you ask for it or unless the books are actually cancelled. Otherwise, they're rightfully assuming you're willing to wait for them. That's built into how this works and what you tacitly agree to by buying a subscription.

I agree this is not good business practice, stick your customer in limbo for months, especially after the lawsuit fiasco, and last major delays they've had, if they keep being so secretive and careless with the brand they are going to lose it, and if it is in fact cancelled they don't really gain anything by not saying anything.  I'm sure they get a million emails/questions from fans like us asking whats going on, something a simple statement could clear up whether its good or bad news.

(Btw love your avatar Evercross xp love digimon! so sad but cute looking)

• Thumbs Up 4

It's like saying I pay got Netflix for a year but they are down two months. It's their job to let me know why

I can think of and sympathize with at least two reasons Archie wouldn't be saying anything about the Sonic books right now.

Concerning my previous few posts, I'm only stating that by subscribing to their books, you are in effect agreeing to whatever their terms of service are—which probably include the fact that your subscription carries over if you don't get your allotted number of issues in a given year as well as how and to what degree refunds can be requested and what happens when a book is cancelled. Basically, by the very act of subscribing, you're agreeing in advance to all this stuff—somewhat nullifying your right to complain about it.

The reason I'm clarifying this second bit is that I may actually be wrong, as it's all dependent upon their terms of service, which I can't actually find on their site—aside from their about us page, which states the following about refunds:

Refunds and Exchanges: A refund or exchange will be made for items returned within 30 days of receipt if (a) they are in their original condition and (b) the return is arranged with our customer service department. Only returns due to defective merchandise or an error on our part will receive a credit for shipping. Such determination will be at the sole discretion of Archie Comic Publications, Inc. All subscription cancelations will receive a credit only for purchases that can be used towards products throughout our store.

Maybe someone can actually find this stuff somewhere, though I'm not sure it's directly related to the conversation about what's going on with the comics.

Edit: Okay, @JC_Mike already found the thing I'm quoting. I thought "cancelations" with one 'l' sounded familiar. Man, if that's really all both of us could find, maybe Archie really doesn't have a ToS listed.

Ahh... the small joys in my life, like... not having time to visit here for over a month? :huh: Sorry guys, I'll just post this one now that I remember it. Sorries, sorries. Maxwell stole all of my time with his equations and all that jazz. -_-

On ‎7‎.‎2‎.‎2017 at 5:35 AM, Borvoc said:

For a minute there, Blue, I thought you were reacting to something I said. I agree with your post, but am confused as to what a duck has to do with all this. Are we talking about Donald or something? Does Archie Sonic have ducks?

... I was wondering if this would happen at some point...

Well, sorry, around here where I live, "duck" is used like, well, when news are labeled as a duck, it means they were not really that waterproof, more like rumours that got proven false afterwards but had such an impact in public and gained attention so much it became a common talk about (like if someone who has an important job is said to leave their job -in a media or another (as in said media is telling about the thing, not that the job is in media)- and later this person tells of the plans staying in that job for at least 10 more years and that the media didn't even wait for a comment from said person, that "news" they made could be labeled as a "duck" around here). It could be what's happening right now. Sorry, I just find it a bit amusing to use. At least Archie Sonic used to have ducks other than Bean at one point but noo, this time it was just me fooling around by introducing fellow forum-users some stupid wordchoices we have in here. Feel free to ask more/again if you didn't understand my rambling, I tend to make stuff hard to understand when it's crystal clear for myself, sorry about that. :unsure:

And of course, whenever you're dealing with Finns, you'll always talk about Donald Duck with them. :D That duck may be an actual reason why I dared to try these comics in the first place since Donald's comics are read all over in here, about every child in here has read at least some of Donald Duck comics so talking animals with close to nothing to cover themselves isn't that hard to get trough I suppose. And of course Barks and Rosa are the biggest around here, as far as I know. 

And it might feel that way (namely) considering my writing style, you see, I tend to write a bit more towards those that have posted just before me even when the thing I'm saying is taking its ideas from other places as well. And I don't know, if you mean that little eruption I had about how stuff should be kept as polite as possible, it's more towards all the "hatetalk" around places, not especially some individuals. I tend to be a bit aggressive too sometimes, like many others, but I don't usually comment straight then but try to get my blood closer to the melting point than boiling point before saying anything, since that's the pros Internet offers to me personally. I can wait some minutes/hours before taking part in discussion without too much problems. Of course people tend to disagree over matters. That's why I try to have my policy working; "fight" opinions, not people. Still I'm not too certain of how well it's working tough...

On ‎7‎.‎2‎.‎2017 at 0:56 PM, VEDJ-F said:

I assume it's meant to be a take on the phrase "lame duck", so they're hoping it's over one person who's messed up. 

Again, if the idea that this is from SEGA's end has any weight, SEGA don't really care if it hurts Archie, so rationalising it this way is kinda inaccurate. 

... Well, look at that, I always learn more when looking up in more or less random places like this forum. Noo, I was just being not-so-toughtfull. Sorry again. :blush:

But I do think that's something worth hoping for too. It wouldn't look as bad as fans could divide the blame and all if they so desire.

Just to make certain I talk about the topic in here though, I hope the digital issues won't disappear if the worst happens.

And the "newer" solicits did take some of my last-year anxiety over the plottwists away, but just some. I know more than better not to get too comfortable around anything in comics, not even in current Archie Sonic ones in which Sega seems to have Archie Sonic in a tighter leash in post-reboot than in pre-reboot.

This technically isn't Sonic Related but it is a project Ian's been working on.

Uncanny Valley High is now available on Comixology. I haven't read it but Here's a review

And a review

From the sound of the review it makes it sound like the glitching computer angle is only brought up at the end. Which makes sense a slow build up to the crazier stuff. Scott Pilgrim did it.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, BlueSky said:

Ahh... the small joys in my life, like... not having time to visit here for over a month?

lol. I feel like you may actually be the better for it, as you haven't really missed anything.

1 hour ago, BlueSky said:

ell, sorry, around here where I live, "duck" is used like, well, when news are labeled as a duck, it means they were not really that waterproof, more like rumours that got proven false afterwards but had such an impact in public and gained attention so much it became a common talk about (like if someone who has an important job is said to leave their job -in a media or another (as in said media is telling about the thing, not that the job is in media)- and later this person tells of the plans staying in that job for at least 10 more years and that the media didn't even wait for a comment from said person, that "news" they made could be labeled as a "duck" around here).

lol again. by your description, we have a lot of ducks in my country too, and I didn't even realize it! :P Wait, you mean ducks aren't really waterproof? Was my childhood nothing but a lie? :(

You bring up a lot of interesting stuff that would be fun to comment on, but I'll leave it at the above for now, so as not to get too far offtrack.

Edit: Since you've been gone for a month, do you lime my new avatar? Does it make me look fat? :P

Edit 2: I've been searching Google for more information on this Finnish duck expression, but I can't find any information on it in English. Alas I would potentially need to speak Finnish to find more examples of it being used.

Once this whole thing blows over (assuming it does), anyone think we'll get a Worlds Unite omnibus like we did for Worlds Collide? It may be more content (I think), but I think it would be way cool.

Edit: To more directly address @Lighthead, I'm gonna side with a delay for vol. 3, as that feels like the safest bet.

In the March order form, it was shown as being a 2, which meant putting it for resolicitation, but since that happened to both Digest 18 and Magazine 14 before they got cancelled, I'd say we'll see it cancelled on the April order form. 

4 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

Once this whole thing blows over (assuming it does), anyone think we'll get a Worlds Unite omnibus like we did for Worlds Collide? It may be more content (I think), but I think it would be way cool.

I'd really like that, though with Archie playing it so safe as of late, I dunno how likely it'd be that they'd do it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I always wondered, if there was a "Complete Epic" for WU, if it could have the Battle stories edited into there actual place in the story or something.

• Thumbs Up 4

16 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I always wondered, if there was a "Complete Epic" for WU, if it could have the Battle stories edited into there actual place in the story or something.

That would be cool. I don't think I ever read them (they were separate books, right?), so it'd be nice to see them in sequence with the rest of the story. Are they not already being included in WU vols. 1 and 2? I feel like they kind of should be.

5 hours ago, Borvoc said:

lol. I feel like you may actually be the better for it, as you haven't really missed anything.

lol again. by your description, we have a lot of ducks in my country too, and I didn't even realize it! :P Wait, you mean ducks aren't really waterproof? Was my childhood nothing but a lie? :(

You bring up a lot of interesting stuff that would be fun to comment on, but I'll leave it at the above for now, so as not to get too far offtrack.

Edit: Since you've been gone for a month, do you lime my new avatar? Does it make me look fat? :P

Edit 2: I've been searching Google for more information on this Finnish duck expression, but I can't find any information on it in English. Alas I would potentially need to speak Finnish to find more examples of it being used.

Well, I went trough it all and that I can mostly agree, there wasn't that much of a new stuff around here to see.:wacko: It just made me to think of how much I still agree on myself considering that earlier OP-related post I made, more so since Volume 81 came out few weeks back. If we'll lose no-game cast the story isn't going to be a story anymore.

And about that Doctor Who thing; 1) It was on "hiatus" for a long time, 2) something Doctor can do but Sonic Shouldn't do (but seems to do mentally anyway because of games having problems giving characters anything that solid really) is changing; Doctor's changing his personality from time to time, so it's pretty much like very minimal soft-rebooting as far as I can see. These are the main reasons that I had in my head after I read that conversation.

Well, it seems these ducks do not have... that stuff they use to get themselves waterproof, let alone any feathers. B)

I do not think you'd be looking fat by that. Your avatar's fine by me. If it makes something happen it gives you a more... human picture of you in here I suppose, may make discussion easier in some levels. ^_^

Well, this should be fun. Let's start lessons in Finnish: not here though since this is going a bit too much off-topic. I'll send you a message. Right after I've sent this one mind you. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1