Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I could buy Tails creating the Sky Patrol himself tbh. At this point his mechanical an engineering skills are really OP. He can construct all kinds of ships in Rush Adventure and didn't he make a spaceship in Sonic X, or was that Shadow the Hedgehog? I can't remember very well but I think Tails made one at some point.

The Grand Tour pretty much said the Sky Patrol was a joint effort. However, Tails seemed to reign in some of Rotor's crazier ideas. Tails looked to be pretty annoyed at Rotor for showing off non-essential stuff like the Zen garden first, instead of the sick bay. 

I doubt Rotor would have put the brig in either. 

• Thumbs Up 2

43 minutes ago, RictalRose0 said:

I could buy Tails creating the Sky Patrol himself tbh. At this point his mechanical an engineering skills are really OP. He can construct all kinds of ships in Rush Adventure and didn't he make a spaceship in Sonic X, or was that Shadow the Hedgehog? I can't remember very well but I think Tails made one at some point.

Blue Typhoon was Sonic X. He has his Tornado in Shadow because he crashes it not long after the dialogue about the damn fourth Chaos Emerald. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Blue Typhoon was Sonic X. He has his Tornado in Shadow because he crashes it not long after the dialogue about the damn fourth Chaos Emerald. 

I want the lore to be that this is different from the regular fourth Chaos Emerald.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, sorry to go back, @VEDJ-F, but some of the stuff you said keeps poking me from the back of my mind:

On 3/29/2017 at 5:48 PM, VEDJ-F said:

Well for one, they did apparently contest the FFs being in the comic, and it was only Archie fighting that kept them in.

Has this been confirmed, or is it just fan speculation? If it has been, where?

On 3/29/2017 at 5:48 PM, VEDJ-F said:

For another, there's the mandate banning characters and things from the other media appearing in the comic, the Sonic X comic never being able to get a reprint ever[...]

This doesn't include the AoSTH stuff that's already been included, right? Anyone know what the limitations or exceptions are on this ban? Or is this also something we're inferring from the comics?

1 minute ago, Borvoc said:

Hey, sorry to go back, @VEDJ-F, but some of the stuff you said keeps poking me from the back of my mind:

Has this been confirmed, or is it just fan speculation? If it has been, where?

This doesn't include the AoSTH stuff that's already been included, right? Anyone know what the limitations or exceptions are on this ban? Or is this also something we're inferring from the comics?

First part was said by Ian some time ago. I'd have to find a better time to find a link to it. 

Second part has been said numerous times, and explicitly rules out Sonic X, Sonic Underground, the OVA and Sonic the Comic. He assumes it to be the case for the French Adventures and Japanese Corocoro as well. AoStH is in by grandfather clause just like SatAM (Scratch and Grounder and Pseudo-Sonic were in the comic very early on, they just weren't used often at all). 

• Thumbs Up 2

The only elements of AoStH that I have seen the comic use is Breezie (or however you spell it) and a reference to Scratch and Grounder in an off-panel. So it's mostly the game canon and SatAM stuff.

2 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

First part was said by Ian some time ago. I'd have to find a better time to find a link to it. 

Second part has been said numerous times, and explicitly rules out Sonic X, Sonic Underground, the OVA and Sonic the Comic. He assumes it to be the case for the French Adventures and Japanese Corocoro as well. AoStH is in by grandfather clause just like SatAM (Scratch and Grounder and Pseudo-Sonic were in the comic very early on, they just weren't used often at all). 

Does this also exclude Martin Adams, Fantail, and other such obscurities? And hypothetically, what would be grandfathered in a new contract and what wouldn't?

1 hour ago, RictalRose0 said:

The only elements of AoStH that I have seen the comic use is Breezie (or however you spell it) and a reference to Scratch and Grounder in an off-panel. So it's mostly the game canon and SatAM stuff.

...Scratch and Grounder (and Coconuts) literally appear in the same story as Breezie.

Also Professor Von Schlemmer lives in Silver's time period.

• Thumbs Up 8

16 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

I'd have to find a better time to find a link to it.

Eh. Don't go out of your way for me—I was just curious how much of what you said was fact and how much was intelligent fan speculation based on fact. Thanks for being so informative.

Well damn. I forgot about them. Also, I don't really know who proffesor Von Schlemmer is. I didn't watch AoStH in order and I only watched like 10 or so episodes. Is he the green dude?

That's quite the change. I was actually wondering if that guy was an OC or a character from old Archie. Since there seemed to be something unique about him.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Ernest-Panda said:

WE'RE BACK BAB-

...oh dear.

"Heh, about time I had my grand comeba-"

"OH SHIT THAT IDIOT IS COMING BACK?! GOD HELP ME, I DONT WANT TO GO BACK TO BEING JUST EVIL SONIC"

"RUN, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES"

• Thumbs Up 4

"I'm not one for expressing myself through images but there's only one day it's appropriate and it's today, so....."

thatsthejoke.jpg

"Man, what a day filled with so many chances for mischief, hehehe"

• Thumbs Up 4

26 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

WE'RE BACK BAB-

...oh dear.

I swear to fuck, if I didn't check my calendar, I would have raged so hard to the point I got suspended...

Good one, tho.

EDIT- Your other giveaway was that you didn't have a source link. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

WE'RE BACK BAB-

...oh dear.

Oh jeez, you'd had given me a heart attack with that one in any other day. And yes, while it's funny, it's also reminding me of how we still know nothing about the situation of the comics. Or has someone heard something new? Well, at least that was somewhat freshening experience considering the atmosphere of this topic for the last week or so.

And somehow I managed to remember the troll tweets Penders made about Archie and him trying to see whether or not he would write a story for them around 300th issue. Aww jeez, I'm just so happy we don't really do April Fools between my family/friends. Too stressful. :blink:

How happy would I be if comics were coming bact to us by summer for sure... -_-

And the sources... oh, I see, that would convince anybody. ^_^

... To not let Sonic take care of any chao ever.

And I hope Archie won't get any ideas out of this... let alone anybody in there see this...

...exept that "coming-back" part. That would do.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is not a funny April Fool's joke, whoever did this. Giving people false hope is horrendously mean.

Edit: After reading the whole thing, the Ken Penders part is kind of funny.

Well, I don't think Archie would ever up and admit there was a long hiatus if they hadn't said prior, so that's a big tip-off on its falseness.

Besides, they wouldn't just up and change an entire story and cover after it's already been annou--

*Remembers All New Archie #20*

Oh.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

WE'RE BACK BAB-

...oh dear.

BRUH

dkfhjdakfhdagfkdahfg.PNG

Spoiler

:P Fortunately, I came in here after everyone else already reacted.