Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

21 hours ago, RictalRose0 said:

This one, this is the worst

I mean.... I don't know what the hell's Sally's problem. But it both makes me laugh and also gives me nightmares....

why.jpg

I kinda like Amy in this cover. Maybe also Bunnie. The rest is creepy. Looks like a mashup of different art styles.

Sally is just...why. Why. Then you have the horrifying mop with eyes underneath... (who is that? Fiona?)

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

I kinda like Amy in this cover. Maybe also Bunnie. The rest is creepy. Looks like a mashup of different art styles.

Sally is just...why. Why. Then you have the horrifying mop with eyes underneath... (who is that? Fiona?)

Yeah, I think it's Fi (not-so) alright too. Yeah, her head's a bit oddly placed for my liking. 

16 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

Then you have the horrifying mop with eyes underneath... (who is that? Fiona?)

Oh fuck I didn't even realize there was someone else there. Jesus that cover really is confusing and horrifying.

Also lol at Sonic's stick-like legs. Those things look like they are about to break. And they might in fact be broken what with that awkward pose he's making..

18 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

Her eyes couldn't be any further apart.

Almost any Spaz cover from around 101 to the 140s was pretty subpar. Dunno if he was going through a slump or what, but just about all his work around that time period was just plain ugly.

Still wish he kept the Uekawa style he used for the next ten or so issues afterward. Thankfully his artwork improved significantly after that, though honestly I don't think it got REALLY good again until he began to work on Mega Man.

Holy mother of FUCK!

I went twelve years not knowing that Fiona was on the bottom left of #156's cover!:blink:

• Thumbs Up 6

Just now, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Holy mother of FUCK!

I went twelve years not knowing that Fiona was on the bottom left of #156's cover!:blink:

I knew it as soon as I saw it, but the miscoloured hair and eyelids are certainly no help considering they make up 90% of that shot of her. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Holy mother of FUCK!

I went twelve years not knowing that Fiona was on the bottom left of #156's cover

The weird thing is that everyone has their body and yet there is Fiona as a big-ass head and nothing else...

4 hours ago, Borvoc said:

@Megabeatman You mean this one? The URL you gave just links to the "My Videos" page of whoever clicks on it.

Edit: Yep, this is the correct link.

My bad. That's what happens when you type on a phone half-tired. Fixed my original post.

2 hours ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Holy mother of FUCK!

Wow that really is her. Why is she green? And why does Sonic suddenly not know how to throw a punch?

Some of life's great mysteries I guess.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Maxtiis said:

Wow that really is her. Why is she green? And why does Sonic suddenly not know how to throw a punch?

Some of life's great mysteries I guess.

I always saw that more as Sonic in some kind of running pose. Like, looking at his legs he might have just turned out.

It still looks weird, not gonna lie, but I never got "punching" out of that.

The green is probably a way of pushing some things more into the background, since Tails is shaded like that, too, and is similarly closer to the bottom. Though I find it weird that most of the characters, bar Sonic, Tails, and Amy, are seen from the waist up, and Fiona's just a floating head.

16 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Almost any Spaz cover from around 101 to the 140s was pretty subpar. Dunno if he was going through a slump or what, but just about all his work around that time period was just plain ugly.

Still wish he kept the Uekawa style he used for the next ten or so issues afterward. Thankfully his artwork improved significantly after that, though honestly I don't think it got REALLY good again until he began to work on Mega Man.

119 to 125 were amazing I can't recall them all though.

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

119 to 125 were amazing I can't recall them all though.

...the "tabloid" covers? I mean, yeah, they were drawn nicely I guess, but other than that they were pretty boring.

But yes 125's was fantastic.

There were bland to a extent but the character artwork was some of the best to date in many ways

As bad as some of the covers have been through some stretches (and I am looking at all the Sanford fails just like the rest of you), I will have to agree with E-Panda's last post.

#150 feels like a huge slap to the face. As a comic cover in general, it just reeks of lazy. Almost anything else would have been a superior option. Its not even drawn well or highly detailed. Its just a joe basic Sonic under an extreme closeup.

---and all that is before you even consider its a milestone issue. The comics usually go all out for those, so to see 150 sit in my hands looking like that... made me sick. Some part of me wants to think there was some huge endeavor that somehow fell through leaving us with a placeholder... but bleh.

• Thumbs Up 3

17 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

This version made a lot more sense: this was directly after when Evil Sonic took Sonic's place and flirted with all the girls, making Sonic's confusion understandable. But then somebody came in and said "NO, Sonic needs to be a total sleaze on this cover".

This is one of those issues I didn't read, but I'm a little curious why Rouge replaced Fiona on the cover. Was this just to put more SEGA representation on the cover or did she have a particularly big role with that story?

8 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

This is one of those issues I didn't read, but I'm a little curious why Rouge replaced Fiona on the cover. Was this just to put more SEGA representation on the cover or did she have a particularly big role with that story?

I don't think she even appeared in the story at all, or if it was it was incredibly brief.

9 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

In context of the two issues, Evil Sonic hit on Rouge and the two formed a partnership to steal the Master Emerald.

In context of the overall arc, Fiona makes more sense as this was the very beginning of Sonic and Fiona's relationship due to her thinking it was Evil Sonic who flirted with her.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

In context of the two issues, Evil Sonic hit on Rouge and the two formed a partnership to steal the Master Emerald.

Oh, so this is the set up for their eventual (failed) heist in #160 when Evil Sonic becomes Scourge?

..... Though that does explain a bit of Rouge's behavior during the Flynn era. I guess he had to progress her from whatever the other writers (I'm guessing this was Penders because I'm pretty sure Bollers had bailed by then) already did with her.

4 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Oh, so this is the set up for their eventual (failed) heist in #160 when Evil Sonic becomes Scourge?

..... Though that does explain a bit of Rouge's behavior during the Flynn era. I guess he had to progress her from whatever the other writers (I'm guessing this was Penders because I'm pretty sure Bollers had bailed by then) already did with her.

Correct.

But trust me, don't read this story. Because it's absolute garbage. I've ranted about it like three times but it's still so terrible.

As far as milestones go 25 was great and so was 50. 75 was eh decent. 100 was decent. 125 art was great to some parts the story not so much. 150 I tore and did not care .  175 200 225 were good story arcs. 250 was a crossover. I enjoyed it for what it was.  same for 275. And were not getting 300 for the foreseeable future

Bollars hadn't quite dissappeared yet. I think the last story he did was the very next issue where Eggman tried to have Mina assassinated

• Thumbs Up 1