Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

1 hour ago, Borvoc said:

@Ernest-Panda Was the last page of SU#25 a particularly good page? Don't tell me you have every other page from that issue and wish you could finish the collection.

Other way around.

@Ernest-Panda The other way around for my second guess would be that it's the only page from the book that you do have, in which case you wouldn't still want it, so I'm guessing you think it's a particularly bad page?

Edit: @Meta77 Oh. That is the one, isn't it. I guess it's pretty cool. I need to re-read all my SU graphic novels.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

@Ernest-Panda The other way around for my second guess would be that it's the only page from the book that you do have, in which case you wouldn't still want it, so I'm guessing you think it's a particularly bad page?

Edit: @Meta77 Oh. That is the one, isn't it. I guess it's pretty cool. I need to re-read all my SU graphic novels.

Yea it was a pretty good story arc.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/4/2017 at 3:09 PM, Tylinos said:

Now, I can't remember where I read this, but I could've sworn there was some interview from years and years ago where it was mentioned that the intended story for #100 had to be massively reworked due to Sega forcing them to do the SA2 tie-in for #98.  I think I remember it being said that what we got in #101 with Knuckles warping reality was the intended #100, but I'm not positive.

Your memory is spot-on. The interview happened exactly like that (was it on the KP forum?). I'm pretty sure the original story was going to be called "Darkness Falls" with Sonic confronting the 'ultimate evil' (i.e. Knuckles).

On 4/4/2017 at 4:31 AM, Ernest-Panda said:

I remember seeing this cover in the original solicit way back and my first thought was obviously "that's a placeholder, I can't wait to see what the real art will look like"...

6ddvRE.jpg

Given Sonic's expression and the "Play on Playa" title, I'm glad Spaz placed Bunnie's left ear where he did.

• Thumbs Up 4

Weird thing now; the pages for Sonic #291, Sonic #292 and Sonic #294 have been entirely removed off PreviewsWorld. They straight up don't exist any more.

Sonic #293 is still there, as are all the Universe issues (although SU#97 has the image of Sonic #294 for some reason, whoops). 

• Thumbs Up 2

When the series was on hiatus last year, were any issues pulled from PreviewsWorld or other sites? This is starting to get a bit worrying. 

Nope, they never disappeared entirely.

Then again, cancelled issues tend not to disappear off sites either. SSSM#14 got a new product code (the url has that in it), but then the 2015 SSSM#14 and the 2017 SSSM#14 might as well have been entirely different issues with all the changes it went through. 

• Thumbs Up 1

In less than a week it'll have been three months. The hiatus last year was that length, so we're quickly beating it in length now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Sigh, I still remember when Unite came out and with 4 ongoing comic series people speculated that more are on the way. And now...

• Thumbs Up 7

This reminds me that still have screenshots of all the new pages from the 2015 SSSM#14 saved away from when it was briefly, accidentally released on the Archie app.

• Thumbs Up 1

Are they reworking on the stories or what? (Being as hopeful as ever...) Because the only other thing I could come up with (and possibly more accurate sadly) would be they're having some real monkey business in there aka "how we drive the whole thing down and won't say anything to anyone". Just let it NOT be this case, please.

Jeez, I just hope the thing I heard on TV news today can be applied straight on here; sometimes it's better to do things behind the scenes with no hurry so the real development can be made. Even if this was way out-of-context, again. :rolleyes:

Our president is such a wise guy...

2 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

This reminds me that still have screenshots of all the new pages from the 2015 SSSM#14 saved away from when it was briefly, accidentally released on the Archie app.

Lucky you. I suppose this is as good as any time for all digital readers to start "back-upping". B)

*joke starts*  Now you're in such a place like the ones of whose we can thank of having those pages of that Barks' Scrooge comic where he got drugged and thrashed the whole saloon because of that large gold nugget... since those pages weren't published at first due to them being so epic. *joke ends*

Speaking of backing up released comics, I don't know about digital comics purchased through Archie or the Archie apps, but the Archie Sonic comics on comiXology claim to be "available for DRM-free backup", which I assume just straight-up means they're DRM-free.

• Thumbs Up 2

Um, as far as I know they're, whatever that "DRM" meant. I'm just not too sure if that's a possibility with Archie app.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you, @BlueSky, or if I'm explaining something you already know, but DRM stands for digital rights management, and it's something that would be programmed into the digital comics (or games, Blu-Rays, etc.) that make it so you can't make copies.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you, @BlueSky, or if I'm explaining something you already know, but DRM stands for digital rights management, and it's something that would be programmed into the digital comics (or games, Blu-Rays, etc.) that make it so you can't make copies.

Oh yes, that's what it was literally! Thanks a lot. ^_^

The thing is, I remembered what it meant in a meaning way, but not what it stood for literally.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Borvoc said:

Speaking of backing up released comics, I don't know about digital comics purchased through Archie or the Archie apps, but the Archie Sonic comics on comiXology claim to be "available for DRM-free backup", which I assume just straight-up means they're DRM-free.

Yes, i'm subscribed in comiXology and i have backups of all my issues in 2 places, on my PC and in a flash drive, (i know this is too much) so yes, they are DRM-free

• Thumbs Up 3

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:01 PM, MetalSkulkBane said:

You means SU? There is little reason to talk about Sonic X or KtE.

25 - beginning of epic storyline. I mean, that last page is just awesome. Also yardley art combine with Dillon's coloring is delicious rarity. (Funny that whole arc is a huge reference to Flynn's fanfic: Sonic Other M.)

50 - I love Metal Sonic, so obviously I think it was great. I actually preferred SU 1, but still solid story.

75 - cute little story, but let's face it, it wasn't a celebration at all.

I gotta say that Sonic X #25 is probably legit one of my favorite Sonic comics ever. There's so much energy it's a blast.

On a different note I hate it, HATE IT, when people say that the Silver Saga is "Just a reference to Other M". Yeah the character's are a nod to it but they're hardly important to the plot. The story is about Silver getting dragged into a dark Mobius and getting involved. Sure there's elements of Other M but it's not like Flynn was blaring "Hey Look it's Other M" in peoples faces.

• Thumbs Up 3

Were the Sonic X comics any better than or different from the show, or did they basically try to keep to the same style and feel? I never like the "two worlds" aspect of the show or the importance of and focus on the original human characters at the expense of the Sega characters. That and they finally aged Chris up into potentially being less annoying and more useful only to immediately de-age him again with dimensional shenanigans.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought the Sonic X comic was subpar at best. Occasionally they tried to get some plotlines going across multiple issues, but ultimately, most issues were standard "Eggman comes up with some dumb one-issue scheme, Sonic thwarts it". Even when Ian took over the book, I felt like he was phoning it in for the most part. Of course, the staff could only do so much when they weren't even allowed to utilize any material past the first season of the show until the final issue.

• Thumbs Up 2

51 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

the staff could only do so much when they weren't even allowed to utilize any material past the first season of the show until the final issue.

Wait what?! were he Archie staff really that restricted?!

• Thumbs Up 1