Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Actually Sally didn't send Sonic at all, Sonic heard the message and volunteered. No one said there was killer whales, and it's not like the arctic is the same thing as the ocean and besides like ^ said, Sonic was part of the LAND team, other wise they would of only had two people.

Also you can argue that it makes perfect sense because Sonic and Bunny have the most experience with the Sand-Blast City group. If she sent Antoine and Amy, even if anyone told them the SB team could not be trusted, it would be more dangerous because they don't know how Jack Rabbit works personally. Also if things did go bad and it was a trick Sonic and Bunny are the strongest so they would be more likely to get out safely.

Edited by c227

What did you want to know, really? You probably know the basics.

Well, essentially, what's exciting about it, what kind of story arcs to expect and how long, does it get intense and exciting, is it funny? Or is it just furry drama like the older ones I read still... etc. Sonic the Comic was insanely exciting, the writers were so good at what they did, it's what got me into Sonic, you just could not wait for that next issue, just wondering if this has a similar effect or if it's more indulgent fanservice than anything else.

• Sonic News

It's not just furry drama. Hasn't been for awhile. Ian Flynn has a great since of humor and the comics often toss in lots of drama and witty banter to mix things up.

Stories can be exciting, but they can also get kinda boring and sometimes get a "been there, done that" vibe, most evident in some of the recent arcs. That said, this latest arc is giving some much needed back story to one of the FFs. Arcs these days typically last around two issues, but they also combine these arcs into larger "sagas". The two sagas we've had have lasted around 8 and 12 issues respectively. At the comic's best, it's just as you describe: you can't wait for the next issue, you want to know what happens next. At it's worst, you also can't wait for the next issue, but because the current story is such a bore.

The comics are typically well written and entertaining, but they aren't always stand out. They will often save their best stories for the "land mark" story arcs, which happen once every two years at every denomination of 25. #225 is coming next year, and it's looking to be a doozy. Right now would probably be a great time to get the subscription.

Also you can argue that it makes perfect sense because Sonic and Bunny have the most experience with the Sand-Blast City group.

Yeah, this explanation was actually given in book. They know just how rotten they can be, they have experience with the Sand Blasters, so their wise to their tricks. So they are the perfect people to go, really.

Agreed with the above. It's not as soapy as people say it is, but you can expect relationship drama. It's a SatAM spinoff and the tone has always been kinda serious, but you can expect funny characters and fan service from Flynn. Besides the main SatAM cast you've got some SegaSonic and original influence in the mix. Knuckles and the Echidnas have a whole original history to them, and Mobius has got various peoples resisting Robotnik on a global scale, all original furry characters. You can expect some multiverse play, since the series has been into that as early as issues in the teens. There's several original villains and bots, occasional alien encounters, and forays into game styled zones.

It's enjoyable for the most part, but like Nuckles says above it can drag. The back and forth of small victories and losses for Sonic and friends only comes to a head once in a while. I find the Universe series more enjoyable because it experiments with characters outside the main arc. Universe usually has four issue arcs focusing on side characters.

Edited by Dabnikz

I hope that Sally is not the one who betrays Sonic. I just don't think that I could continue to read the book if they were to screw up her character.

I hope that Sally is not the one who betrays Sonic. I just don't think that I could continue to read the book if they were to screw up her character.

I'm surprised you've made it this far, then. Sally's 'character' is one of the most inconsistent elements in the history of Archie's publication of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic.

Having said that, I wouldn't expect it to be her anyway... But her character has already been 'screwed up' multiple times. The only saving grace is that she eventually gets reigned in again and becomes a fairly good character once more for a while, as if Ian kinda went "Oops, she drifted again, PULL HER BACK IN, BOYS! Heave-ho!" ^^;

25 Years Later was never canon to begin with. It's an alternate timeline that has no direct link to what's going on in the current comic. The only reason why it's been revisited is because the initial storylines proved popular. So no, nothing in 25YL is fated to be, or ever was for that matter. Penders wanted it to be canon, but he was overridden by the editorial. So there's no need for it to be retconned.

Thank you. Thats all I really wanted to stress.

With all the clarification, I still somewhat do despise the character. Then again, I also hate the Iron Queen.

I understand that 25YL is not canon, but I do believe it's indicative of the comic's current path. When something happens in the main timeline, 25YL will change. The only reason I brought it up was to say that at least where the timeline is headed now, Sonic and Sally hook up. It's just another hint at that relationship.

• Sonic News

Not really. Ian himself has come out and said the stories in M25YL have no direct link to the current universe. Heck, in that universe Sonic basically wiped himself from continuity and Shadow became the hero.

Well people talk about the Elemental Wars as if they expect them to happen. All I mean by my statement is that 25YL is basically the status quo of the comic's current state. If something catastrophic were to happen, I expect the timeline to shift to reflect it, and I believe Ian's hinted that's so. Aren't we supposed to revisit the timeline soon?

Edited by Dabnikz

Well people talk about the Elemental Wars as if they expect them to happen. All I mean by my statement is that 25YL is basically the status quo of the comic's current state. If something catastrophic were to happen, I expect the timeline to shift to reflect it, and I believe Ian's hinted that's so. Aren't we supposed to revisit the timeline soon?

Well, in an interview with Ian, he said that Silver's going to be travelling 30 years into Sonic's future (170 years into his past) in his upcoming SU arc, although there's going to be a "twist." I'm thinking that he's going to end up in the time period of the original Lara-Su from the "Reunification" arc rather than the M:30YL we're familiar with.

Edited by Immortheus

Preview pages for SU 21 are up! Credit to The Illustrious Q for hosting them!

SU21-0.jpg

SU21-1.jpg

SU21-2.jpg

SU21-3.jpg

SU21-4.jpg

SU21-7.jpg

Heeeeeeeeeeere's Nega!

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Blaze.

Well, this should be interesting. I wonder what would happen if Blaze was forced to stay in this universe and never go back to hers again?

Nah, that would ruin her appeal and essentially make all of her appearances less significant.

I fail to see the alleged boobs. One shirt ruffle doesn't exactly make her large. Ian will probably have someone mistake her for a man anyways.

I fail to see the alleged boobs. One shirt ruffle doesn't exactly make her large. Ian will probably have someone mistake her for a man anyways.

261px-Blaze_the_Cat.jpg

Shadow_%26_Blaze_Shake.JPG

Meh.

Why does Yardley draw Blaze with boobs. :<

I don't see what the big deal is. Besides I think that Blaze looks better with boobs(that came out wrong).

Blaze is a female. She is also a mammal. :lol:

OMG. NEGA. Neeeeeeeeega. And he spoke too!

I think I will be picking this issue up when it comes out because it promotes girl power EGGY NEGA.

My complaint is a bit with the random presentation of Nega, I mean they stated earlier Eggman Nega has been destroying zones and we even have seen the two pirate robots Captain Whiskers and Johnny... so how come the police are chasing him and giving him lenience since he apparently is a huge foe of the Zone Cops who has been causing them nothing but trouble jumped zones 47 times.

And even though they don't call him Eggman Nega still it's nice to see they may finally be able to use his character and that he actually SPOKE for once, as all of his appearances have presented Eggman Nega as a enigma up to this point. Well OK they're still making him an enigma but they actually called him, "Dr. Nega" this time and he did speak even if just once and we still haven't seen him physically with shadows blocking the view or inside a machine.

I still wonder what SEGA has/had planned for Nega to the point they didn't want Archie to use him for the time being.

Edited by Dusk the Wisp Keeper

I dislike Yardley's art, but I fail to see the aforementioned boobs? :huh: There is a bit of a shirt ruffle, but if you look at official art for Blaze that is true of it.

Personally I'd be more weirded out if Blaze were completely flat there.

So the bit at the start with those silly looking ships seems kinda lame, but then again I've felt everything to do with the zone cops has been lame.

I'm wondering why Nicole gives Amy this task. Surely "detecting strange energy waves" is reason to call someone more up to the task, ya know Sonic. Assuming he's around, which if he isn't means the cover is a lie.

I don't get the whole Cream deal from #217 either. Seems rather random and forced to just have Snively show up and attack her house especially seeing as they're making such a big thing over Eggman "sitting back and plotting" yet their first big move is to attack some random mansion...and be defeated by Amy? Riiiiiiight.

What was the deal with Amy showing up as well? How did she know there was trouble there and since when does she teleport or use warp ring tecnology? The whole thing just seemed way too forced to me to get Cream in quickly so they could start the SU arc with her in it.

Talking about this arc, I wonder where they go with it? I read somewhere that it's gonna have a huuuuuuge cast so I am wondering if we'll see more formations of teams....maybe Big (another FF newbie) joining to Team Rose, Team Dark is already confirmed along with Team hooligan (hopefully Nack, Bean and Bark - the coolest team EVER!) Mighty and Ray have conveniently left earlier leaving the three member Chaotix Team...hmm.....and Sonic might be back in time from Oil Ocean Zone to join with Knuckles and Tails for Team Sonic!!

I am really interested to see where they go with this story...

Edited by The-Master-Board

I dislike Yardley's art, but I fail to see the aforementioned boobs? :huh: There is a bit of a shirt ruffle, but if you look at official art for Blaze that is true of it.

Personally I'd be more weirded out if Blaze were completely flat there.

It's pretty close.

blaze.gif

An older teenage female Sonic character with bewbs?? What kind of madness is this?!

An older teenage female Sonic character with bewbs?? What kind of madness is this?!

Blaze is flat chested in the games, so it's a bit off model for her to have breasts the size of Amy's in the comics.

So, yeah.

Just got my copy of Sonic Universe 21 in the mail! Expect my usual summary of the first exciting installment of Treasure Team Tango! :D