Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

12 hours ago, BlueSky said:

I wonder though whether it was purely "noticed by coincidence" situation or well-calculated and planned super-secret meeting? Or maybe Penders was having a customer? Naah, Penders' face doesn't agree with this theory I suppose. Way too agitated looking I think.

"I'll buy everything you've got!"

12 hours ago, BlueSky said:

By the way what's that thing on "Lien-Da's" head/above/behind it? I can't fathom whether it's part of the deal or not... jeez that looks like something I wouldn't show anybody I'm reading something like that... it's just too creepy for my style you see.

Yeah, what is that? Almost looks like a skunk's tail.

It's more likely just a temperature control or something though.

1 hour ago, Borvoc said:

Dang it, @Flyinpenguin117. This is why we can't have nice things, because you have to come along and like them, which puts a jinx on everything and dooms us all. Now excuse me while I run off to find something you won't like.

Seriously, though, current limbo aside, you can always check out the backlog on Comixology or pick up the trade paperback collections of previous issues. Depending on how versed you are on the books, I'm sure someone in this thread could recommend where to start *coughSonicSagasVolume1cough* if you're interested in reading your way to the present while we wait on the final word regarding the future.

I own a few post-reboot arcs and 2 pre-reboot graphic novels, but I've been reading through the comics since the reboot on internet archives. I don't really wanna go down the pre-reboot rabbit hole.

• Thumbs Up 1

So what comics do we not know anything on? Is Sonic #292 still okay? What about #2 and #3 of Mega Drive: Overdrive? As far as I know, I haven't seen anything on those issues. Searches didn't come up with anything, either.

2 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

What about #2 and #3 of Mega Drive: Overdrive? As far as I know, I haven't seen anything on those issues.

That would be because they never existed.  Overdrive was advertised as a single "standalone" issue that would finish up Mega Drive and The Next Level's story.  (Basically, it's a #3 that was being pushed as a #1 for marketing reasons.)

As for #292 and #293, there haven't been any changes as far as I'm aware.  Best bet is to still wait and see if that update email from Archie really does go out this week.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Tylinos said:

As for #292 and #293, there haven't been any changes as far as I'm aware.  Best bet is to still wait and see if that update email from Archie really does go out this week.

I know #293 is listed as "cancelled", but I'm surprised there hasn't been a listing for #292 yet.

13 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

I know #293 is listed as "cancelled", but I'm surprised there hasn't been a listing for #292 yet.

To be clear on this: The April PreviewsWorld solicit updates marked #293 as a 2 ("Will Resolicit"), with Overdrive as a 4 ("Cancelled by Publisher"), while the May updates listed #291 and #294 as 4s, and Universe #95 to #97 as 2s.  Hence why there's so much confusion.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

To be clear on this: The April PreviewsWorld solicit updates marked #293 as a 2 ("Will Resolicit"), with Overdrive as a 4 ("Cancelled by Publisher"), while the May updates listed #291 and #294 as 4s, and Universe #95 to #97 as 2s.  Hence why there's so much confusion.

Hmmmmm.

Yeah, hopefully that email helps clear things up, if what we learned is true.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic #292 is currently untouched by the order forms, but was deleted off PreviewsWorld at the same time as #291 and #294.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Sonic #292 is currently untouched by the order forms, but was deleted off PreviewsWorld at the same time as #291 and #294.

That...doesn't sound good at all.

I'm really beginning to wonder if that has been re-solicited or cancelled too, and they're just waiting until the next month to confirm it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Of course, there was always the very first sign of anything going on, when the solicited FCBD Sonic issue was cancelled and replaced with Riverdale. But that was like 3 months ago now. 

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm going to be so pissed if this is all just Sega being stingy over the use of Classic Sonic since remember it's considered a separate franchise for some asinine reason and all the canceled issues just so happen to feature Classic Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 3

If the comic is safe and back by October, then it'd be cool if they repurposed the canned FCBD issue into a Halloween Comic Fest one (HCF is still a thing right?)

• Thumbs Up 7

Not really, I don't think. Haven't heard a peep about one for years. 

But then why would you need it by that point? It's a Genesis of a Hero reprint when the issues in question would be a year old by then. 

I mean the event itself. There was one last year but I haven't heard about one for this year yet.

Also Archie have proven on previous occassions that they don't care how old something is.

The 2012 issue was a reprint of 230 which was several months old by then. The Mega Man issue for that year was also a reprint of the, by then a year and a month old, issue 1.

Hell even this years Archie selection includes a reprint of Betty & Veronica #1, which originally came out last summer. And the year before that was a reprint of Archie #1 which was nearly a year old by then.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just want a Halloween-centered issue that takes place in Pumpkin Hill and includes an LP by Hunnid-P.

Then This means the Archie Sonic Comic Series WILL have a chance to continue on. I Didn't understand why the Further Archie Sonic Comic subscriptions were cancelled in the first place? Is Sega totally sick of Archie using Sonic's shipping with Sally Acorn or any other girl and NOT Amy Rose? Because in my opinion, Sally Acorn WAS going to get the Damsel-in-Distress/Sweetheart role in Sonic CD at Sega Inc. but Amy Rose interfered the audition and has stolen that role from Sally which made Sonic upset because he does NOT want a hedgehog for a girlfriend EVER. Hell, he didn't even wanted to Rescue Amy from Metal Sonic NOR E-100 Zero. Again, Is Sega totally sick of Archie using Sonic's Shipping with Sally Acorn or any other Girl and NOT Amy Rose? please answer.

Just now, Harold Roxby said:

Then This means the Archie Sonic Comic Series WILL have a chance to continue on. I Didn't understand why the Further Archie Sonic Comic subscriptions were cancelled in the first place? Is Sega totally sick of Archie using Sonic's shipping with Sally Acorn or any other girl and NOT Amy Rose? Because in my opinion, Sally Acorn WAS going to get the Damsel-in-Distress/Sweetheart role in Sonic CD at Sega Inc. but Amy Rose interfered the audition and has stolen that role from Sally which made Sonic upset because he does NOT want a hedgehog for a girlfriend EVER. Hell, he didn't even wanted to Rescue Amy from Metal Sonic NOR E-100 Zero. Again, Is Sega totally sick of Archie using Sonic's Shipping with Sally Acorn or any other Girl and NOT Amy Rose? please answer.

u wot m8

SonicxSally has been dead since the reboot. I think even before that. Either way, its not a legitimate reason to scuttle the comic book line. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Flyinpenguin117 said:

u wot m8

SonicxSally has been dead since the reboot. I think even before that. Either way, its not a legitimate reason to scuttle the comic book line. 

This is a form of advanced shitposting our mere mortal souls cannot understand. Or at least I like to believe it's that.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Harold Roxby said:

1. Sega Doesn't want Sonic settling down with anyone.

2. Think Sally was originally in Sonic CD instead of Amy because the manual calls Amy Sally isn't an opinion it's just being plain wrong.

3. Wait Amy stole the role? You...are aware these are fictional characters made out of data, right?

4. Again Sonic doesn't want anything because he's fictional.

5. Sonic didn't want to save Amy? Yes because it's totally in character for Sonic to want someone dead.

• Thumbs Up 4

Alright, everyone. Simmer down.

It's refreshing to think that maybe it's just the "classic" Sonic nonsense that's delaying everything (or that that's at least part of things), but we've known this might be the case for a while now, and we're still not sure it's true.

In response to more recent comments, please be understanding, everyone. None of us knows each other's age or native language, so let's not assume spamming or stupidity, etc., on the part of anyone. @Harold Roxby, I hear what you're saying, but Sega hasn't allowed the comics to establish any romantic relationships involving Sega characters since the Super Genesis Wave reboot, so I doubt that Sally is the reason for the limbo—at very least not her pre-reboot romantic connections to Sonic (or any post-reboot connections that readers decide to read into things, which they have every right to do). If you're a Sonally fan and if the comic continues, I'm sure that Archie will continue to give you plenty of fun interactions to enjoy between the two characters, but they won't be as overt or as established as before.

Edit: That's also quite the interesting conspiracy theory you have there. I'm sure it could make an interesting story, but I wouldn't expect Sonamy fans to like it very much. :P

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, SBR2 said:

3. Wait Amy stole the role? You...are aware these are fictional characters made out of data, right?

Oh, I just realised *jokefilter-off*... does this mean that in fact... Sonic is a Digimon!??! :blink:  When will we see Jogress between his and Shadow's and/or Silver's Super forms?? Is this all about some master plan Sega and Bandai came up with that ultimately leads to a Tamagochi -like Chao raising/battling game and a shonen anime made by Toei or something? Illuminati Confirmed!!! :ph34r: :rolleyes: *jokefilter-on*

13 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

Alright, everyone. Simmer down.

It's refreshing to think that maybe it's just the "classic" Sonic nonsense that's delaying everything (or that that's at least part of things), but we've known this might be the case for a while now, and we're still not sure it's true.

In response to more recent comments, please be understanding, everyone. None of us knows each other's age or native language, so let's not assume spamming or stupidity, etc., on the part of anyone. @Harold Roxby, I hear what you're saying, but Sega hasn't allowed the comics to establish any romantic relationships involving Sega characters since the Super Genesis Wave reboot, so I doubt that Sally is the reason for the limbo—at very least not her pre-reboot romantic connections to Sonic (or any post-reboot connections that readers decide to read into things, which they have every right to do). If you're a Sonally fan and if the comic continues, I'm sure that Archie will continue to give you plenty of fun interactions to enjoy between the two characters, but they won't be as overt or as established as before.

Edit: That's also quite the interesting conspiracy theory you have there. I'm sure it could make an interesting story, but I wouldn't expect Sonamy fans to like it very much. :P

Yep, let alone we don't know how many and what issues exactly everyone around here has read. ^_^ Weren't there that thing about assuming at some point in somewhere around here?

All those ships that cannot sail trough the comic pages... we might've evaded some serious flame wars by that, and got into some because of that. I dunno, is the Sonic-triangle shipwars a thing anymore outside some YouTube video discussions? 

By the way @Borvoc, do you suffer from a deficiency disease of well-written stories since you're practically craving for them? :D (I think I got your joke here but I just couldn't resist, too juicy to just let it be.)

With regards; the One That Will Never Get How to Use Prepositions Perfectly Since Their Language Has Not Them On It (but still secretly makes a face whenever sees 'your' and 'you're' mixed). B)

I doubt things are being canned because of classic Sonic. If they had an issue, they'd just tell them to make a different story, not shelve issues and halt it for months. 

• Thumbs Up 4

18 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

Oh, I just realised *jokefilter-off*... does this mean that in fact... Sonic is a Digimon!??! :blink:  When will we see Jogress between his and Shadow's and/or Silver's Super forms?? Is this all about some master plan Sega and Bandai came up with that ultimately leads to a Tamagochi -like Chao raising/battling game and a shonen anime made by Toei or something? Illuminati Confirmed!!! :ph34r: :rolleyes: *jokefilter-on*

I would actually approve of that Chao part. Instead of using the VMU memory card on the Dreamcast or the GBA for the Gamecube, just give me a Chaomagochi that connects with Sonic Forces so that I can take my water babies on the go!

18 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

By the way @Borvoc, do you suffer from a deficiency disease of well-written stories since you're practically craving for them? :D (I think I got your joke here but I just couldn't resist, too juicy to just let it be.)

YES! GIVE ME ALL YOUR REAL-PERSON FICS AND CONSPIRACY THEORIES! I MUST FEED THE HUNGERRRRR!

Okay, not really, but a part of me does find it funny to imagine Nicholas Cage uncovering the truth about how Amy supplanted Sally in the Sonic canon. He'd probably find some hints encoded on the back of the dollar bill or something. You think that's George Washington? It's really Amy Rose! The conspiracy runs deep!

Maybe Yuji Naka was a founder of the Patriots, which aside from being a football team also created Metal Gear. Maybe Mr. Naka didn't make Sonic so much as he found the Genesis cartridge among the organization's secret ancient treasures. Maybe Tom Brady is secretly really good at CQC.

15 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

I doubt things are being canned because of classic Sonic. If they had an issue, they'd just tell them to make a different story, not shelve issues and halt it for months. 

Fair 'nough.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Borvoc said:

I would actually approve of that Chao part. Instead of using the VMU memory card on the Dreamcast or the GBA for the Gamecube, just give me a Chaomagochi that connects with Sonic Forces so that I can take my water babies on the go!

YES! GIVE ME ALL YOUR REAL-PERSON FICS AND CONSPIRACY THEORIES! I MUST FEED THE HUNGERRRRR!

Okay, not really, but a part of me does find it funny to imagine Nicholas Cage uncovering the truth about how Amy supplanted Sally in the Sonic canon. He'd probably find some hints encoded on the back of the dollar bill or something. You think that's George Washington? It's really Amy Rose! The conspiracy runs deep!

Maybe Yuji Naka was a founder of the Patriots, which aside from being a football team also created Metal Gear. Maybe Mr. Naka didn't make Sonic so much as he found the Genesis cartridge among the organization's secret ancient treasures. Maybe Tom Brady is secretly really good at CQC.

Well yeah, "Chao something" would be nice, I just hope they're not as keen on running onto the pond without any knowledge how to swim than in SA2B. They literally ran back there if they weren't put somewhere on the other side of the garden.

GAAAAAHH!!! KEEP YOURSELF ON YOUR SIDE OF THE INTERNET!!! I STILL HAVE WEEKS BEFORE THE BREAK!!!

- and then Amy bought all TV channel companies in secrecy so that SatAM would vanish from peoples minds but she didn't manage to buy the Archie Comics since she forgot her wallet at home so she went to the place and started the rumour within the staff of comics ending soon since there wasn't SatAM anymore. She almost managed to get Sally killed but something happened and Sally came back. Since Sonic Kissed her.

It was time for more effective methods.

Then after some time Amy started to put drugs on Sally's coffee and when Sonic came back (as Amy had seen from her cards XD) Sally made "the Slap" since she was getting withdrawal symptoms (because Amy guessed what would happen if the dosage would stop, withdrawal symptoms you see..) made her stress tolerance wear thin.

And that's just one part of Amy's master plan of making Sally fall from grace.

"Another time, another place." (Guess who/what it is this time.)

Oh jeez, would you believe it hit me as I wrote it, it must've been a secret transmission from somewhere!!! I just hope Amy won't kill me in my sleep... would be awkward for both of us. :rolleyes:

It seems every cloud has a silver lining; this Archie Sonic cloud seems to have an Illuminati silver lining though X,,,,,,,,D

And it rains fanfiction... almost pouring actually. ^_^ With a chance of actual facts from Customer Support at the end of the week. And around here it's snow, water, slush, water, snow, water, sunny, water, snow, water...

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, RictalRose0 said:

This is a form of advanced shitposting our mere mortal souls cannot understand. Or at least I like to believe it's that.

I spent 18 months on the Destiny forums. I thought I'd seen it all. But at the same time it totally desensitized me, so I can never tell if someone's serious or not.

Anyways, I've been rewatching Burn Notice, and I think a Team Dark-centered arc styled after it would be pretty fun. Dry humor, lots of interjected narration, and an unusual obsession with yogurt.

• Thumbs Up 3