Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I haven't read the comics lately, but I know that they borrow characters and elements from both Sonic SatAM and the games, along with it's own original creations (i.e. Julie-Su). I still wish Fiona wasn't a villain. Dang Scourge.

Summary time!

1.A ship driven by Eggman Nega is shot by Zone Cops and it loses a metal canister attached to it.

2.Eggman Nega flees the Prime Zone with the Zone Cops in pursuit.

3.Amy gives Cream and Vanilla a tour of Freedom HQ.

4.She introduces them to Nicole, who alerts Amy to a strange energy source.

5.Amy decides to take matters into her own hands and track down the source herself.

6.Cream wants to go with Amy to find it.

7.Vanilla is hesitant, but a little coaxing from Amy does the trick. She allows Cream to accompany Amy.

8.Amy and Cream head out to the Great Forest.

9.Cream wonders why they would set up base in such a barren wasteland. Amy tells Cream about Eggman's attack on the Great Forest.

10.Cream apologizes for bringing it up, but Amy says it's fine.

11.Cheese spots something shiny and the two investigate.

12.They run into Blaze.

13.Amy is ticked off that Blaze would throw fire in their faces so effortlessly and draws her hammer.

14.Blaze warns Amy that she doesn't want to do this, but Amy insists on a brawl.

15.Cream tries to get their attention, but the two commence their battle.

16.Amy mentions Sonic during the fight and Blaze is curious as to how she knows him.

17.Amy is just as curious as to how Blaze knows him.

18.Cream reveals that it turns out the shiny thing that Cheese spotted was a broken bottle.

19.The two are embarrased that they basically fought over garbage.

20.Blaze apologizes for her behavior and tries to take her leave.

21.Cream insists on helping her, but Blaze tells her it won't be necessary.

22.Amy also wants to help. She asks Blaze to tell her how she met Sonic.

23.Blaze tells them about how Sonic came to her world and assisted her.

24.After hearing about the Sol Emeralds, Amy remembers that Sonic told her about that adventure and recognizes Blaze based on Sonic's descriprion.

25.Blaze reveals that she's been tracking down the Sol Emeralds across her world and others.

26.Amy and Cream introduce themselves and offer their services in finding the Sol Emerald.

27.Blaze wonders why she would be so quick to help her when just a minute ago, they were viciously fighting. Amy says that if Blaze is cool with Sonic, she's cool with her.

28.The three enter the Great Forest.

29.Nicole has trouble tracking the emerald because it keeps fluctuating and sometimes she completely looses the reading. She's having a hard time keeping track of it.

30.Amy asks what Blaze's Sol Emerald that she uses to track the others is saying, but Blaze is distrustful of Amy.

31.Amy says that they're just trying to help, but Blaze says that her trust isn't so easily won.

32.The three meet Rouge, who overheard about the Sol Emerald from a tree she was perched on.

33.Rouge offers her help in finding the Sol Emerald.

33.Amy suggests that she was spying on them, but Rouge says that she's been following the same strange reading that they have.

34.Amy gets ticked but Cream suggests that maybe Rouge really does want to help them.

35.Rouge suggests that she is trustworthy, but Amy doesn't believe her. Amy calls her a spy, but Rouge reminds her that she's only a spy for G.U.N., allies of the Freedom Fighters. Amy accuses her of being shady, but Rouge suggests that she's no worse than Fiona, and the Freedom Fighters let her on their side.

36.Blaze becomes impatient and tells them to be of assistance or leave. Rouge takes this chance and is right behind her.

37.Rouge asks Blaze why the Sol Emerald is so important. Blaze reveals that it keeps her world alive. Rouge thinks that will make things more "complicated."

38.They come to a ravine with a giant tree streched over it. Nicole reveals that the Emerald has to be in this ravine.

39.Cream suggests that the tree won't be stable enough to last their descent into the ravine.

40.Rouge suggests sparing the team the danger and retrieving the Emerald herself, but Blaze suggests that she would rather procure it herself.

41.Rouge flies Blaze into the ravine while Cream flies Amy right behind them.

42.A giant branch falls off the tree, threatening to crush them, but Cheese flies to stop it. He bounces right off of it.

43.Amy suggests that Cream throw her up so she can hit the branch with her Piko Piko Hammer, but Blaze and Rouge are right ahead of them.

44.Blaze burns the tree away and Rouge carries her deep into the ravine.

45.Rouge compliments Blaze on a nice job. Calling her "Princess."

46.Blaze thanks her for the compliment, but is curious as to how she knew she was a Princess. Rouge says she has her sources.

47.Blaze questions as to what sources Rouge has, but is interrupted by an energy reading.

48.They find the capsule that Eggman Nega dropped at the beginning of the comic perched upon a rock. The Sol Emerald is inside it.

49.Nicole reveals that the capsule was masking the energy signature, hence the unstable readings.

50.Blaze thanks them for their assistance and apologizes for being so distrustful of them. Amy apologizes to Rouge for doubting her.

51.Rouge says that Amy doesn't have to feel bad, as she'll be taking the Emerald for herself.

52.She swats Amy away and retrieves the Emerald.

53.Blaze thinks that maybe she was tricked from the moment she met Amy, but this theory is de-bunked when Amy and Cream stand against Rouge to get the Emerald back.

54.Rouge throws the capsule at Cream, but Cheese knocks it away from her.

55.Rouge swoops at Cream, but flies right into Amy's swinging hammer. Rouge uses a corkscrew attack to repel Amy and flies toward the exit.

56.Blaze halts her using her fire powers and asks for the Emerald if Rouge wants to leave alive.

57.Rouge pleas that if only there were "big, strong men" to back up "defenseless little her."

58.Cue explosion.

59.Shadow and Omega arrive from a hole they blew in the ravine's wall.

60.Rouge tells Blaze that she had better run on home and leave the Emerald to her. Otherwise, she doesn't know if she could restrain the rest of her team.

That's all she wrote!

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Ay ay ay Chaoscontrol14! That is one hell of a comic!!

To think, Shadow is backstabbing Blaze after she helped him get home in Universe 1. What a mean thing for him to do. Also, Cream does it again. She's been an idiot just like in Battle. Well done Archie, you've got her bang on!

Wow, that sounds all kinds of epic. I normally wait for the whole arc, but I'm gonna have to pick this up for sure.

Oh.....my.......god.....

These covers are AMAZING! I guess the Rogues will be joining in on the fun in Treasure Team Tango as well. There are now four teams. Hmmm.....Sonic Heroes 2: Treasure Team Tango? :lol: It's nice to see Jet /Bean and Storm/Bark finally come to blows. I'm guessing The-Master-Board is having a heart attack right now.

It's official: Treasure Team Tango = BEST SU ARC EVER!

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 1

That Silver art looks like the cover of #25 for a few reasons. We've got an incoming Silver arc, and it would start at Universe #25. It also looks like a double cover with a window kinda deal, from the way it's framed. I don't think we've ever had an issue like that. Because it's an anniversary issue, and probably leads into Sonic's own #225 anniversary.

Edited by Dabnikz

Well, concerning the SU#21

Why is Shadow against Blaze when she helped him in the 1st SU issue? I just don't get it unless they're going to pull the amnesia card like in the games, but that will be stupid, I hope they give a valid reason for this.

Why is Shadow against Blaze when she helped him in the 1st SU issue? I just don't get it unless they're going to pull the amnesia card like in the games, but that will be stupid, I hope they give a valid reason for this.

Well Shadow just appeared if going by chaoscontrol14's summary. He probably hasn't really seen or gotten a good look at Blaze. then again, I'm going by his summary.

I haven't read it yet.

Edited by turbojet

Well it might be

1) Lets face it Shadow has more of affiliation with Rouge than Blaze. Therefore, upon obering Blaze attacking Rouge, he and Omega obviously step in an protect her. or 2) Its something GUN related. They have orders either to retireive the emerald or to protect Rouge.

Well Shadow just appeared if going by chaoscontrol14's summary. He probably hasn't really seen or gotten a good look at Blaze. then again, I'm going by his summary.

I haven't read it yet.

Covers don't always mean it will happen in the story.

Remember #197? Sonic and Sally didn't end up in jail.

If all of the above is true,

then Rouge comes off as being as extremely selfish even for her. What part of "my world needs these damn things to survive," didn't she understand? It is not the Master Emerald where an island floating in the sky falls. The hell is her problem?

True point Adamis, 197 slipped my mind completely. We'll have to wait for Universe 22 to find out then.

Covers don't always mean it will happen in the story.

Remember #197? Sonic and Sally didn't end up in jail.

Don't forget #216 where Sonic DOESN'T ride an Orca Whale when the cover shows that he does. D@mn it, that would have been cool, but nooo we can't have such awesomeness in our Sonic comic can we :angry: ?

Anyways, I've been wondering about that as well that it was only to make the cover a bit dynamic and appealing, hardly relevant to the plot inside.

Well, it could be that Shadow is or later on pretends to be on Team Dark's side and probably switch sides or help out Blaze in the end, and report back to GUN that mission was a failure or something like that if is something GUN related.

Though it still is uncertain.

Edited by AdventChild

Shadow hasn't gotten a good look at Blaze yet. He only appears in two panels. I'm sure in the next issue he'll be at least a little hesitant to brawl with Blaze.

Oh.....my.......god.....

These covers are AMAZING! I guess the Rogues will be joining in on the fun in Treasure Team Tango as well. There are now four teams. Hmmm.....Sonic Heroes 2: Treasure Team Tango? :lol: It's nice to see Jet /Bean and Storm/Bark finally come to blows. I'm guessing The-Master-Board is having a heart attack right now.

Oh I am! It's just like my idea for Sonic Heroes 2 with a Nack/Bean/Bark team and a Rogues team! Pretty much beyond excited for this arc!!

It's official: Treasure Team Tango = BEST SU ARC EVER!

Seconded!

Really liking those NY comic con covers too! Really need Spaz back on covers, THAT is what I'm talking about great covers not like the bad quality ones of recent. #225 is epic! I love Sally drawn that way!

Oh I am! It's just like my idea for Sonic Heroes 2 with a Nack/Bean/Bark team and a Rogues team! Pretty much beyond excited for this arc!!

Seconded!

Really liking those NY comic con covers too! Really need Spaz back on covers, THAT is what I'm talking about great covers not like the bad quality ones of recent. #225 is epic! I love Sally drawn that way!

Edited by The-Master-Board

Ehh... Rouge is such a bitch in these comics... I don’t like it at all. Yes, she can be selfish, can manipulate others, can steal jewels... But in games she always had a good side as well... She could work solely for herself, but when the world or someone's safety was threatened, she doesn’t created problems for heroes, but helped them. In games, she showed not only her own greed, but also ability to be sympathetic and understanding... and in the comics, Ian turned her into a complete scum. Although, it's not his fault, he just continued what has been written by past writers. But I don’t like it in any case.

Well, she did have a little bit of conscience I think. I mean, she did think to herself "This makes it more difficult" with a worried look. Me thinks this was an order and Rouge can't go back on orders. All will be revealed next time I think but I think G.U.N is being greedy again.

Yeah, I also thought about this at first... but then she began to say that will take this emerald just for herself, and that confused me a bit...

I hope you're right...

Edited by KviKtor Y

Ehh... Rouge is such a bitch in these comics... I don’t like it at all. Yes, she can be selfish, can manipulate others, can steal jewels... But in games she always had a good side as well... She could work solely for herself, but when the world or someone's safety was threatened, she doesn’t created problems for heroes, but helped them. In games, she showed not only her own greed, but also ability to be sympathetic and understanding... and in the comics, Ian turned her into a complete scum. Although, it's not his fault, he just continued what has been written by past writers. But I don’t like it in any case.

And?

The comics would be very boring (arguably like the games) if every character were a goody-two-shoes. This is how Rouge is, and I like it.

Anyway I doubt she is just stealing the Sol Emerald for herself, otherwise why would Shadow and Omega back her up? They're called Team Dark, they are hardly buddies who would help her out just so she can have the jewel all for herself. It is likely that G.U.N are the ones who want the Emerald. I assume Rouge's comments are her saying how she should keep it for herself rather than follow orders and give it away to G.U.N (and actually I'd like to see that; Rouge disobeying orders to keep her precious steal!)