Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

The site didn't even have the current projects tab in early 2016, the front page was just the list of posts akin to a regular blog. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Well, it is sort of weird how it was made in 2011, never touched then suddenly came back to life for this, especially as there's a phantom second post that the system thinks the account made but doesn't appear to exist now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Well, it is sort of weird how it was made in 2011, never touched then suddenly came back to life for this, especially as there's a phantom second post that the system thinks the account made but doesn't appear to exist now. 

Retro has a hidden validation forum that new users have to post in before their accounts get approved for posting on the main boards.  The extra post might be a leftover from that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I do find it slightly weird how there's considerable evidence the comic's demise was incoming for quite a while now, and Ben was the guy who established contact with Lisa from Archie in the first place (and her mere existence was corroborated by that Archie forum IIRC), but now we've decided to go into denial and play the "he's lying, his sources aren't named!" card. Like damn, no shit his sources aren't named. That's not how this works. If I've gotta tell one more Twitter bloke that's not generally how sources wor-

Anywho, I just don't see people proposing the decently realistic situation in which the comic is cancelled as fear-mongering personally. 

• Thumbs Up 8

Just now, Tracker_TD said:

I do find it slightly weird how there's considerable evidence the comic's demise was incoming for quite a while now, and Ben was the guy who established contact with Lisa from Archie in the first place (and her mere existence was corroborated by that Archie forum IIRC), but now we've decided to go into denial and play the "he's lying, his sources aren't named!" card. 

I just don't see people proposing the decently realistic situation in which the comic is cancelled as fear-mongering personally. 

I don't recall anyone referring to it as fear-mongering. But there's quite a considerable leap between making contact with someone at Archie through email and providing that at evidence, and just happening upon an Archie contact at FCBD who somehow just happened to know exactly everything about what was going on. Considering for the past four months, we've had people come in to claim some unnamed source has confirmed cancellation, only for it to either be debunked, or nothing to come of it, I'm not sure why it's "going into denial" to want proper evidence before falling for it again.

• Thumbs Up 4

I think the most baffling problem with all this is that we're hearing different reasons to why the book is ending. Like before shit hit the fan @VEDJ-F said that her sources' reasoning is because of how bad Sonic Boom did and SEGA of Japan strong arming the franchise and wanting to make things more streamlined. Then some how out of nowhere there was a rumor going on for weeks saying that they forgot to renew the license or had printing issues. So it's like we don't know what the real answer is atm and it's going to be a while before we do

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so what's the sitch? I see people arguing about whether the end is near is bs or not.

Yeah, just gonna continue waiting until something official is said, bad or good. expecting bad at this rate though.

Just wish twitter would just stop jumping the gun a bit.

• Thumbs Up 8

Since that post Tyson has clarified that the only stuff he knows is what Archie has said publicly. It wasn't him hinting at anything.

So how much legal red tape would there be preventing Tyson from releasing the pages if Archie never publishes it themselves? I know he said the art was done, dunno if it was inked or lettered. 

• Thumbs Up 1

lol. So the update is that there's no update? :P

Edit: I guess there's the minor distinction that an Archie rep reached out to Bleeding Cool to say they're talking with Sega and there's no update. They're hoping to have one soon, blah, blah, blah.

And edit 2, for those who don't want to follow the link:

UPDATE: Hang about! No sooner had we published than an Archie Comics spokesperson told us “We are aware of the questions regarding Sonic. Archie and SEGA are in communication and we hope to have some news soon. We thank the fans for their patience.”

2 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Didn't know Ian changed his name to Ken!

Wow they certainly respond fast when a news article broaches the subject but not the actual fans...everyone start writing articles!!! :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, chaosjam said:

Didn't know Ian changed his name to Ken!

I didn't notice. Ken has been hiding his True Name from us?! How long has this been going on?! Everyone, quick—inundate this self-styled "Ian" Flynn with questions on Twitter! We must have answers!!

Edit:

UPDATE: A Spokesperson for Ken Flynn has also reached out to us, stating “We are aware of the questions regarding Mr. Flynn's True Name. Archie and SEGA are in communication and we hope to have some news soon. We thank the fans for their patience.”

(Okay, I made that part up.)

12 minutes ago, chaosjam said:

Wow they certainly respond fast when a news article broaches the subject but not the actual fans...everyone start writing articles!!! :lol:

lol. Except I doubt we'd get anything more than what Bleeding Cool got, which wasn't really anything we didn't already have, I don't think.

• Thumbs Up 2

@RictalRose0 Oh, Snap! I didn't even think of that! Maybe this is why the comic has been delayed for so long. I'll bet anything that the talks between Archie and Sega have everything to do with tracking down the fleeing Ian Penders in order to undo the fusion! One has to wonder if Mr. Izuka's meeting with pre-fusion Ken Penders was the catalyst that started this whole mess. Man, Bleeding Cool really let the cat out of the bag on this one. Whatever you think, this article really raises more questions than it answers.

Edit: I can only imagine that Ken Flynn was suddenly spending too much time creating echidna backstories for a giant trans-company crossover while Ian Penders was running off to sue Archie and Sega over use of the Egg Bosses. What a mess.

Edit 2: Archie is all "Can't you send Sagata Sanshiro to fix this?", and Sega is like, "Segata-sama is in space at the moment, riding a rocket into the sun to keep the world safe for all who love Sega. Besides, we'd rather you handle this issue." Then Archie asks their namesake for help, but he's too piled up in girls and drama, Jughead really doesn't care, etc. It's so hard to find good help these days.

• Thumbs Up 7