Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

1 minute ago, SSF1991 said:

Replies that I missed in this thread, and tweets about our relayer of information (that I also missed because I'm a dumb).

Tweets about our relayer?

Just now, Operationgamer17 said:

Tweets about our relayer?

Yep. just reinforced what doctorbenMD said about letting us know about things before. That and in regards to naming sources.

43 minutes ago, chaosjam said:

Seeing some interesting things lately.

Tracey Yardley has added some new comic pages to his shop and there is this awesome Sonic Riders page he posted:

But the interesting thing about this is that Mike Pellerito (Archie's President and Editor) retweeted this.  May be nothing, he may just be supporting Tracey, but this is the first time in a LOOOOONG time he has put anything Sonic related on his feed.

Well yeah, it's been a long time since Yardley put anything up from his run as editor. 

1 hour ago, Borvoc said:

...What's an Archie Apps spotlight?

Also, I kind of feel sorry for Ian, Yardley!, and the rest—what with all the fans scrutinizing and re-posting every little thing they say. :P

On the Archie App's front page is a spotlight section the purpose of which is to go "hey these specific series and issues are really good, check them out". The Sonic Comic Encyclopedia is currently in that section. Worlds Collide and Worlds Unite were in it a few weeks back too.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

So basically she was off living her life like her StC counterpart circa Eternity Ring saga.

Hey, Tekno exists in the pre-reboot continuity (thanks to the Gray cameos), so now we can just pretend that the idea of Amy and Tekno adventures are Archie canon as well as StC canon. 

• Thumbs Up 8

5 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Hey, Tekno exists in the pre-reboot continuity (thanks to the Gray cameos), so now we can just pretend that the idea of Amy and Tekno adventures are Archie canon as well as StC canon. 

With Ebony lending a hand when needed.

• Thumbs Up 3

So...while we're talking about Ian's polls, does anyone know why the Sonic prelate never showed up in the Silver Saga? I just re-read that recently, and it kind of felt like Enerjak didn't give it his all with Sonic's and other potential high-tier prelates never even seen in the story.

Edit: It's also heavily hinted but never directly stated that Enerjak was in fact Knuckles. I wonder if that was due to Sega mandates at the time. I know they may have been looser than they are now, but I wonder if Ian was still kind of forced to do the whole nudge, nudge—wink, wink on making a main Sega character an evil antagonist in an alternate zone.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd imagine Sonic might be a mandate thing since he's so recognisable? But then Mecha Sonic was seen in Worlds Collide and Sonic Man came about in Worlds Unite, so maybe Ian intended it to mean that Knuckles kept Sonic's core aside especially to show off his pride and conquests. 

Knuckles not being named definitely was; you think SEGA would be happy with Knuckles just going evil of his own accord?

• Thumbs Up 1

Ian's said he didn't use a Sonic prelate as he'd overshadow the other prelates, IIRC.

• Thumbs Up 3

@VEDJ-F lol. I assumed Sonic, Eggman, Snively, etc., prelates didn't show up due to Ian not wanting to draw the story out beyond the whole four-issue thing. Maybe he also thought Silver wouldn't have been able to defeat Sonic's prelate form and therefore didn't force the fight.

And yeah, I agree we got lucky that Sega let that story go through even with those implications about Knuckles. To me, the fact that it got through makes it eve more awesome.

7 minutes ago, The KKM said:

Ian's said he didn't use a Sonic prelate as he'd overshadow the other prelates, IIRC.

That makes sense, though I still would have potentially preferred to see things play out or at least explain why certain prelates weren't ever seen even though we know they existed. Ah, well, backseat writing and all that. It was a really fun story either way.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Well yeah, it's been a long time since Yardley put anything up from his run as editor. 

So it should just be attributed to an Editor sharing another Editor's work?  Is that what you meant?

An editor sharing the work of the artist who worked on the issue he edited. 

• Thumbs Up 4

IIRC, on the Archie blog for the Sonic books, where Ian would have characters answer fanmail and post bonus stories (Such as how Dark Enerjak!Knuckles fell off the deep end, and Gamma's quest to "free" all the other E-Series robots), it was said that Dark EnerjaKnuckles basically beat Super Sonic by ripping the Chaos Emeralds from his body and hurling him into the sun, so his core wasn't retrievable.

I really wish all the blogs were preserved, though. We learned some really interesting things about the characters. (Apparently an evil version of Mario is in the Zone Jail, and Scourge is familiar with the Orderix (The Anti-Chaotix from his world)- apparently Anti-Espio is really boring or something like that.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Forte-Metallix said:

it was said that Dark EnerjaKnuckles basically beat Super Sonic by ripping the Chaos Emeralds from his body and hurling him into the sun, so his core wasn't retrievable.

But Sonic's body was shown with all the others that Enerjak had captured...

2 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Apparently an evil version of Mario is in the Zone Jail

IMUSTSEETHISNOW

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Wait, then how the hell did he get the body back?

Maybe that's some unfortunate other Sonic who wandered in to pummel Dark Enerjak beforehand. 

Reportedly, Dark Enerjak can remake a body with ease, but a core's irreplaceable. The blog also showed a Silver Saga epilogue in which Jani-Ka Enerjak learned how to use her powers. It ended with her about to give Remington his core back. Her father tutors her throughout this story, though he tries to convince her to give him some power back to teach her properly. (She doesn't fall for it) Amusingly, Knuckles said that Robotnik was the first Core he ever extracted, but he stopped using his Prelate because, and I quote, "That neon mustache looked ridiculous."

As for the bit about Super Sonic, it came from a fanmail Q&A with the Iron Queen. (She only knows about this universe for the sake of this Q&A) The question was why Sonic's Prelate didn't appear, and I remember Iron Queen  originally saying Sonic was hurled into the sun, but it was later changed to "Maybe Enerjak demoted him to bathroom patrol." Both times, she followed up with, "The thought makes me smile."

• Thumbs Up 6

IIRC, it was also said that Eggman was flatout disintegrated upon his defeat, and Enerjack literally put his body back together just to have him on the wall.

• Thumbs Up 4

The actual source of the "Enerjak trapped Sonic in the sun" thing (though if it was also mentioned in the blog, I have no clue) was actually a pseudo-canon "fanfic" someone commissioned Ian to write a few years back, regarding what would happen if Finitevus was victorious during Enerjak Reborn.

The story can be found here if anyone wants to check it out.

• Thumbs Up 2

I know this image was posted earlier in this thread, but I'll repost it...because I feel like it.

Zui6MXq.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Amusingly, Knuckles said that Robotnik was the first Core he ever extracted, but he stopped using his Prelate because, and I quote, "That neon mustache looked ridiculous."

Yup. Here's the screenshots I made when the blog was still up.

ASU #025 - 03.PNG

ZSU #028 - 02.PNG

• Thumbs Up 8

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 0:05 PM, RictalRose0 said:

Ken Penders + Ian Flynn fusion? Truly the end is neigh.

That would be the worst Steven Universe episode ever. Even worse than literally any episode that tries to make us think Lars isn't Garbage.

• Thumbs Up 2

My local comic shop has just informed me that all of those below were cancelled by publisher :

SONIC HEDGEHOG #291 COVER A
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #292 COVER A
SONIC MEGA DRIVE OVERDRIVE
SONIC HEDGEHOG #293 COVER A
SONIC MEGA MAN WORLDS UNITE VOL 03 SC
SONIC UNIVERSE #96 COVER A
SONIC HEDGEHOG #294 COVER A
SONIC UNIVERSE #97 COVER A

Good night, and good luck.

Huh. Previews World doesn't have anything up for June yet (that I can find).

3 hours ago, SBR2 said:

That would be the worst Steven Universe episode ever. Even worse than literally any episode that tries to make us think Lars isn't Garbage.

Penders and Flynn fuse and they create an overly planned 500+ issue arc that it's all about Echidnas and is a setup for the 1000+ issue Lara-Su choronicles prologue. 

• Thumbs Up 1