Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Edgy the Edgelord is necessary. As is Original the Character. And I'm sure someone will try to make a Sanic. I want to see all these things.

Edit: Maybe I'll name my character DoNotSteal.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Borvoc said:

Edit 2: The Internet (the almighty sonic.wikia.com) says that Sonic Unleashed and Sonic and the Black Knight are his best rolls. I need to play Unleashed again...boost formula...

Pretty much this. Granted, I never thought he was bad to begin with, but his voice direction wasn't the best. I'd argue it started to improve with Secret Rings, but Unleashed and Black Knight were definitely the highlights.

I mostly hear his Black Knight era performance when I read the comics, though I'm so used to hearing Roger at this point that he slips in on occasion. In fact, save for Omega and (briefly) Gamma, I hear everyone in the 4kids cast reprising roles.

Nice to see someone else also hears Rotor as a huskier Ratchet.

On a slightly related note, how profitable are the Sonic stories for Archie right now? I know they've fallen a bit, but do they give a considerable amount of sales in comparison to something like Riverdale or the reboot?

• Thumbs Up 3

21 minutes ago, SpinningSilver said:

On a slightly related note, how profitable are the Sonic stories for Archie right now? I know they've fallen a bit, but do they give a considerable amount of sales in comparison to something like Riverdale or the reboot?

Well, I don't know if it's really an overall indication, but on the app stores page for the Archie Comics App, there's a list of top 10 in-app purchases.

As of time of writing, all but the top three are Sonic titles. Make of that what you will.

It warms my heart that Archie is actually taking notice of people's reaction to what's going on with Sonic and are at least looking into resolving it. Fingers crossed something good comes out of these talks and they aren't just holding onto people's money for products they're not intending on producing.

2 hours ago, chaosjam said:

brVGqecm.jpg

Even more interesting, never seen them Like a comment on the matter before...

That's mostly due to the fact that the PR guys are actually fans of the comic 

• Thumbs Up 6

Out of curiosity, did people asking about Mega Man during its "hiatus" ever get responses of any sort like this (even just typical PR stuff)?

16 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Well, I don't know if it's really an overall indication, but on the app stores page for the Archie Comics App, there's a list of top 10 in-app purchases.

As of time of writing, all but the top three are Sonic titles. Make of that what you will.

Hmm. It's a different story on iTunes.

Archie App Top.png

1 minute ago, Zaysho said:

Out of curiosity, did people asking about Mega Man during its "hiatus" ever get responses of any sort like this (even just typical PR stuff)?

Yeah pretty much. Then again that was literally at a time when they were liking every single tweet/reply about anything Archie related which they've stopped doing.

2 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

Archie App Top.png

Are Sonic books for sale on iTunes? I remember there was a bit of a thing between them and Penders because their sale of Sonic books on digital platforms besides comiXology caused some brief problems. It could also be that most Sonic fans are getting them through sources outside of iTunes (especially comiXology since it's DRM-free).

10 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

That's mostly due to the fact that the PR guys are actually fans of the comic 

Come to think of it, the dude who ran their Riverdale podcast (I think that was the name) seemed pretty into the book too and always talked enthusiastically about it whenever he was featuring it.

4 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Are Sonic books for sale on iTunes? I remember there was a bit of a thing between them and Penders because their sale of Sonic books on digital platforms besides comiXology caused some brief problems. It could also be that most Sonic fans are getting them through sources outside of iTunes (especially comiXology since it's DRM-free).

I think Archie still sells comics via iTunes, but I'm not sure. I also remember there being a separate Sonic Comics app (to separate it from the classic Achie comics) on iTunes/iOS, so Sonic comics may not be available in the regular Archie Comics app, at least for iOS. Perhaps @Ernest-Panda has an Android device, and maybe there's only one unified Archie app on Android.

4 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Come to think of it, the dude who ran their Riverdale podcast (I think that was the name) seemed pretty into the book too and always talked enthusiastically about it whenever he was featuring it.

This is the best thing.

Actually, I have the regular Archie Comics app on my iPhone 6S Plus and the Sonic comics are available on there. Individual issues and Graphic Novel releases. I actually bought a bunch of them over the summer last year.

15 hours ago, LargoDELLZ said:

Actually, I have the regular Archie Comics app on my iPhone 6S Plus and the Sonic comics are available on there. Individual issues and Graphic Novel releases. I actually bought a bunch of them over the summer last year.

Hmm. Well, it's still the case that no sonic comics are in the top in-app purchases list of the iOS Archie Comics app. This is likely due, however, to the fact that there is also a Sonic Comics app on iOS, which most Sonic comic fans are going to naturally prefer over the Archie comics app for purchasing Sonic comics—even if there is no functional difference between the two apps, as you rightly indicate, @LargoDELLZ.

On the other hand, now that I've actually bothered to check the Google Play store, it seems that there is no Sonic Comics app for Android—only an Archie comics app, forcing fans of both comic series to purchase their digital books at the same place, which allows us to have some level of comparison regarding their respective popularity and therefore Archie's potential monetary attachment to each of them. There are other factors to consider, however, as this only factors in sales via the app, leaving out checkout-line digest sales, the Riverdale TV show, licensing fees, etc., so make of all this what you will, as @Ernest-Panda suggested.

Edit: Shortened my redundant analysis.

The seperate Sonic Comics App was discontinued. You can still access it if you previously had it when it was active, but it hasn't been updated for years.

But any comics you'd bought on there could be carried over to the current Archie App, so you didn't have to rebuy them.

Mega Man comics had an app too, but I believe that was discontinued even earlier.

I was just noting that there are no Sonic comics on the top in-app purchase list for the iOS version of the Archie Comics app, and since you said there were, I have been assuming that you've been referring to the Android version of the app. The only differences that I'm aware of between the versions is that they're going to have different top in-app purchases due to being on different stores and that the iOS version has a sister app, the Sonic Comics app, which is geared toward that subset of Archie's books, while the Android Archie Comics app stands alone, so to speak.

Edit: I'm really getting in the weeds here over a small comment. Maybe I should let this go. :P

In that case, the iTunes store shows different top in-app purchases than what the app itself shows. I give up on further analysis.

Edit: And you're right, despite the fact that I have the Sonic Comics app on my iPhone 4S, it no longer appears in the iTunes app store. All my recent posts are wrong, and I'm now confused. Oh, well. It doesn't matter anyway.

On ‎18‎.‎5‎.‎2017 at 0:15 AM, Ernest-Panda said:

On ‎18‎.‎5‎.‎2017 at 0:31 AM, Borvoc said:

Archie App Top.png

Well, maybe it's regional or something? I don't really know about Apple stuff other than the iPods so I could be wrong, but that would maybe be the case, it showing top 10 in regional form. I don't think Archie is that known outside the US after all... or is it? At least it's not in here I think.

• Thumbs Up 1

Archie #20 (on sale May 17) will feature Archie and Reggie’s climactic race on the eerily named Dead Man’s Curve. In the follow-up, Archie #21 (out June 21), Riverdale residents receive a shocking phone call, and the identity of the dead character is finally revealed.

Just a friendly reminder. One month until we find out whether or not it is Sonic that died in the race between Archie and Reggie.

• Thumbs Up 9

30 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

Just a friendly reminder. One month until we find out whether or not it is Sonic that died in the race between Archie and Reggie.

"Archie Runs Over Sally Acorn". 

• Thumbs Up 5

8 hours ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

"Archie Runs Over Sally Acorn". 

I just had a very complicated visual thought. 

Hear me out, so i'm imaging a truck labeled "bad lore" and another one named " Complications inside of Archie"  hit all the sonic characters comic and games , and they are all injured. Then all the sega staff comes out and says " Oh our poor babies" and takes all the game characters, and all the comic characters are just left in the street like " heeeeelllllp" and no one comes.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I just had a very complicated visual thought. 

Hear me out, so i'm imaging a truck labeled "bad lore" and another one named " Complications inside of Archie"  hit all the sonic characters comic and games , and they are all injured. Then all the sega staff comes out and says " Oh our poor babies" and takes all the game characters, and all the comic characters are just left in the street like " heeeeelllllp" and no one comes.

You might be giving SEGA too much credit. They'd abandon some of their own characters (especially Non-Sonic Team characters) at this rate.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

You might be giving SEGA too much credit. They'd abandon some of their own characters (especially Non-Sonic Team characters) at this rate.

Given charmy's possible creator denied he did create him  live on stream, Charmy and Omega might be out in that street. Fang bark and bean would be out in the street, blaze might be out in the street, heck they might throw blaze further in the street to rescue silver. Ruby eclipse would go back to rescue them though. 

The archie characters for sonic would still be in the street. Then they would see the megaman characters also in the street. 

38 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Given charmy's possible creator denied he did create him  live on stream, Charmy and Omega might be out in that street. Fang bark and bean would be out in the street, blaze might be out in the street, heck they might throw blaze further in the street to rescue silver. Ruby eclipse would go back to rescue them though. 

The archie characters for sonic would still be in the street. Then they would see the megaman characters also in the street. 

Ruby might not save Mighty, Ray, Bean, Bark and Fang. Except for some cameos, they seem to have it just as bad as the Archie characters. And then Capcom comes for Mega Man alone for their "treatment"...

• Thumbs Up 1