Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

17 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

This "Fuck the Archie Characters" thing is getting even more old and worn out than when people kept saying "Shadow should've stayed dead" like a broken record ...

I don't think anyone said fuck the archie characters.

I made a joke about sega not caring about them if that's what you mean. And... that's true, they don't really care about or for them. I don't know what you want

4 hours ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

This "Fuck the Archie Characters" thing is getting even more old and worn out than when people kept saying "Shadow should've stayed dead" like a broken record ...

But he should h.....

It is worrying tho when during the whole Genesis Wave thang Ian mentioned that some of the older characters, be that game based or almost 25 years old cartoon based, were staring down the barrel all Old Yeller like.

It's a pity specifics can't be brought up about the process and their talks with Sega etc, must be part of their contract or NDA' s or something. Would give a good insight into the creation of the new comic universe etc.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't mean to sound rude, but can they please get their act together and start publishing again? It's summer time and this is getting ridiculous!

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Given charmy's possible creator denied he did create him  live on stream

Except he didn't. He was basically joking about the fact he did. If he didn't create him, he would directly say so, like he did with Espio. 

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

I don't think anyone said fuck the archie characters.

I made a joke about sega not caring about them if that's what you mean. And... that's true, they don't really care about or for them. I don't know what you want

:rolleyes:

You're not clever. Neither is your "joke."

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

:rolleyes:

You're not clever. Neither is your "joke."

I wasn't really trying to be? It was a funny thought...

Not everyone who doesn't like the thing you like or even in this case, doesn't really care much about it, is attacking you... you know that right? I watch super best friends, Pat and Matt don't like shadow, liam( former member) and woolie do, i don't think pat and matt are trying to attack me by saying things about shadow. They just don't like shadow, they make jokes form time to time. This is ok, not everyone is fond of the thing i'm fond of , sometimes it sucks when it limits conversations to mean memes, as a sonic fan I have been exposed to such... " fun" , but outside of that... its fine. In this scenario, its more than fine, I made no mention of not liking characters I just made a literal visual reference premise joke of sega not caring about those characters, which is not false. This is something they are known for, taking weird odds and ends they are fond of but largely ignoring most of of the stuff even some interesting things. Like sonic chilidogs love, emril for a while, the inhibitor rings, and as of currently sticks though that last one is less them taking something and more they designed so its the only part they seem to care about. Which is a thing they have done, and a thing that they will probably do when the comic ends, heck if I had to bet on it, my money is on just eclipse. Just eclipse and maybe like the concept of the egg bosses, but they will be revised and changed the hell and you wont hear from the rest of them again like cosmos or the entire interesting plot in sonic battle. 

So again I have no idea what you want, I guess you want me to bow down and bask in the glory that is the Archie characters. No, one because I'm not fond of a great many of them, but two because I can make jokes, heck I didn't even make a joke about them, I made a joke insulting Sega and Archie the companies. But you are so wound up about people not liking these characters you can't even see that. 

That's like if I got upset when boxer hockey man made his comic where shadow gets his face punched in by super sonic, its a fun thing by someone who has no power that doesn't mean anything in good fun. 

Like actually calm down. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I wasn't really trying to be? It was a funny thought...

Not everyone who doesn't like the thing you like or even in this case, doesn't really care much about it, is attacking you... you know that right?

Do you know that just because I call out your sentiments doesn't mean I'm taking it as a personal attack? Because you consistently fail to realize whenever someone tells you this in plain English, always making these tirades whenever you get called out while telling them to calm down when no one was even mad in the first place, and that's borderline trolling.

2 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Like actually calm down. 

Like how many times are you going to pretend like you know how I'm feeling? :rolleyes:

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

What you don't find "LOLZ Official Fan Characterz" funny after roughly a Shittillion times?

1 minute ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Do you know that just because I call out your sentiments doesn't mean I'm taking it as a personal attack?

Yes, but when you accuse me of something I didn't do because you as proven quite often don't actually read the things you respond to it seems. And then when I tell you I didn't the thing I said a thing that would have been clear if you would have read it. You then got upset suggesting i'm not clever and my jokes not clear suggesting there was some larger narrative than " This guy made a funny about sega and archie" .You know, things you would know if you read. 

Because you consistently fail to realize whenever someone tells you this in plain English, always making these tirades whenever you get called out while telling them to calm down when no one was even mad in the first place, and that's borderline trolling.

I'm not constantly failing to realize anything, you don't read and time again I have to quote myself because you don't read. Maybe if you read, we wouldn't have these conversations, because you wouldn't accuse me of things that i'm not doing... like right now....

I don't think correcting you and telling to read is trolling by the way. 

Like how many times are you going to pretend like you know how I'm feeling? :rolleyes:

I mean you interpreted a harmless you joke as " fuck these characters" , and then when correted you said I wasn't clever nor were my jokes, suggesting that you thought some larger mental game was at play here besides harmless visual pun. So based on that I would imagine you didn't actually read and got angry because I mentioned Sega and Archie characters in the same sentence without unanimous praise, and I'm assuming you have some alarm on your phone when that comes up. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

Yes, but when you accuse me of something I didn't do because you as proven quite often don't actually read the things you respond to it seems. And then when I tell you I didn't the thing I said a thing that would have been clear if you would have read it. You then got upset suggesting i'm not clever and my jokes not clear suggesting there was some larger narrative than " This guy made a funny about sega and archie" .You know, things you would know if you read. 

Yes, and I'm perfectly capable of reading between the lines of what you're implying given that those are also your genuine sentiments. 

I'm not constantly failing to realize anything, you don't read and time again I have to quote myself because you don't read. Maybe if you read, we wouldn't have these conversations, because you wouldn't accuse me of things that i'm not doing... like right now....

Yes you are failing to realize a lot of things, especially given how much your trying to backpedal here.

I don't think correcting you and telling to read is trolling by the way. 

I mean you interpreted a harmless you joke as " fuck these characters" , and then when correted you said I wasn't clever nor were my jokes, suggesting that you thought some larger mental game was at play here besides harmless visual pun. So based on that I would imagine you didn't actually read and got angry because I mentioned Sega and Archie characters in the same sentence without unanimous praise, and I'm assuming you have some alarm on your phone when that comes up. 

Because given how you consistently harp about their removal, it's not hard to read what you're implying even if you're joking about it. And that's not a misinterpretation of something give. Those are your genuine sentiments that you make every opportunity you get.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Yes, and I'm perfectly capable of reading between the lines

There weren't lines to read between. I was a silly boy making a silly joke. 

of what you're implying given that those are also your genuine sentiments. 

I wasn't implying anything and my feeling about these fiction characters didn't really play into that, it was more about sega and archie. 

Yes you are failing to realize a lot of things, especially given how much your trying to backpedal here.

I don't think you know what backpedal means in this context, it would mean to back down. Not only have I doubled down on you not reading and being wrong, I accused you of not reading, which is aggressive in nature. Which would be the opposite of that. 

Because given how you consistently harp about their removal, it's not hard to read what you're implying even if you're joking about it. And that's not a misinterpretation of something give. Those are your genuine sentiments that you make every opportunity you get.

But Implying that would require that joke to be about them being removed for the good of the brand, the joke is both insulting to sega and archie, for getting to this point. And for sega abandoning characters with potential like victims in the street, I think edited the joke in another post to include characters they made themselves because it isn't in their view anymore to use. See these are things you would see if you read. But you don't. 

I don't like quite a few archie characters that is true, and believe me, even if this book gets axed i'm going to be crapping on Rotor and Sally for quite a while. But that's not what this was about, and in a small way while not directly was in defense of them. 

But you know... you don't read. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

There weren't lines to read between. I was a silly boy making a silly joke. 

I wasn't implying anything and my feeling about these fiction characters didn't really play into that, it was more about sega and archie. 

It's like the Boy who cried Wolf--the more you keep doing it, the less I believe you when you say you're not doing it and the more I'll treat it as such.

I don't think you know what backpedal means in this context, it would mean to back down. Not only have I doubled down on you not reading and being wrong, I accused you of not reading, which is aggressive in nature. Which would be the opposite of that.

That's rich coming from from someone who accused me of hating Shadow and Team Dark when you lied about people's disappointment of Worlds Unite, and then assumes I'm mad every time I call it out. But you keep on keeping like you know how I'm angry behind a computer screen despite this emoji making it obvious how I feel.:rolleyes:

But Implying that would require that joke to be about them being removed for the good of the brand, the joke is both insulting to sega and archie, for getting to this point. And for sega abandoning characters with potential like victims in the street, I think edited the joke in another post to include characters they made themselves because it isn't in their view anymore to use. See these are things you would see if you read. But you don't. 

Would be easier to see if you weren't making jabs against them ever chance you get. And your inclusion of Sega characters doesn't change that either.

I don't like quite a few archie characters that is true, and believe me, even if this book gets axed i'm going to be crapping on Rotor and Sally for quite a while. But that's not what this was about, and in a small way while not directly was in defense of them. 

But you know... you don't read. 

Or maybe I don't believe you given your history. That ever cross your mind before jumping the gun and assuming "you don't read?" Or are you just saying that to stir the pot further?

3 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Looks like there's no Sonic present in the August solicits. 

Are they out? I know Archie's Twitter is currently dropping some of the new covers, but I've yet to see the full list.

Apology for sounding like an idiot....I don't subscribe to the comic but I am curious. Is there is any disadvantage of the "hiatus" for subscribers? Do they pay every time a new Sonic comic comes out, or every month whether or not Sonic comes out? I feel bad if it's the latter. Not saying I don't feel bad for the former.

2 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

Apology for sounding like an idiot....I don't subscribe to the comic but I am curious. Is there is any disadvantage of the "hiatus" for subscribers? Do they pay every time a new Sonic comic comes out, or every month whether or not Sonic comes out? I feel bad if it's the latter. Not saying I feel bad for the former.

They pay for a full 12/24 months worth of comics upfront, I believe.

• Thumbs Up 7

6 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

Is there is any disadvantage of the "hiatus" for subscribers? Do they pay every time a new Sonic comic comes out, or every month whether or not Sonic comes out?

Like Panda said above, we pay upfront for 12 (or 24) issues of comics.  Someone who subscribed for 12 issues in December and never got any of them yet still gets 12 issues coming up. (Even if they have to be 12 issues from another book if Sonic ends up cancelled.)

• Thumbs Up 3

56 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Looks like there's no Sonic present in the August solicits. 

Is it time to give up yet?

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

They pay for a full 12/24 months worth of comics upfront, I believe.

1 hour ago, Tylinos said:

Like Panda said above, we pay upfront for 12 (or 24) issues of comics.  Someone who subscribed for 12 issues in December and never got any of them yet still gets 12 issues coming up. (Even if they have to be 12 issues from another book if Sonic ends up cancelled.)

Thank you for the explanation.

So subscribers aren't getting their money stolen (yet?). That is a relief. 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

Is it time to give up yet?

Someone on another forum had gotten an email stating that "this title has been cancelled by the publisher and they will not be able to supply us with this item", in regards to their subscription.

2 minutes ago, zephyrzaivian said:

Someone on another forum had gotten an email stating that "this title has been cancelled by the publisher and they will not be able to supply us with this item", in regards to their subscription.

Was it directly from Archie?

Because otherwise, it's distributors/comic shops making assumptions due to the comic delays.

• Thumbs Up 4

14 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Was it directly from Archie?

Because otherwise, it's distributors/comic shops making assumptions due to the comic delays.

The email was from Forbidden Planet, apparently.

Meanwhile, later that same day, Archie tweeted once again that "talks are still ongoing".

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

The email was from Forbidden Planet, apparently.

Meanwhile, later that same day, Archie tweeted once again that "talks are still ongoing".

Forbidden Planet is where I get my comics and they are hardly a reliable source for cancellation, especially since they are a UK comic retailer. Comics that end up delayed on Forbidden Planet end up not even getting an announcement, but rather that the "date" passed and you can't order it.

This cannot be taken as fact. It's Forbidden Planet assuming because they didn't get issues.

• Thumbs Up 3