Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

13 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

So ummm anyone want to talk how much better Ian Flynn apparently wrote Sally?

This conversation probably goes in this thread. (I know; I was super-confused when the topic split.)

I haven't read enough of the pre-Flynn comics to comment on this super-intelligently, but I do like how Ian has had her in a sort of tactical, managerial roll recently, showing her to be competent while also stretching her. And she hasn't slapped Sonic yet since Ian took over, at least as far as I know, so that's a thing. I don't know much about the pre-Flynn slap aside from the fact that it bothered people.

23 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

This conversation probably goes in this thread. (I know; I was super-confused when the topic split.)

I haven't read enough of the pre-Flynn comics to comment on this super-intelligently, but I do like how Ian has had her in a sort of tactical, managerial roll recently, showing her to be competent while also stretching her. And she hasn't slapped Sonic yet since Ian took over, at least as far as I know, so that's a thing. I don't know much about the pre-Flynn slap aside from the fact that it bothered people.

I heard that she shows remorse for the slap. Can someone show me an instance of this?

She shows remorse after Ian takes over, in one of the Sagas books. I was just leafing trough it a few days ago for some reason that totally has nothing at all to do with any of my recent posts. I'd have to find it again.

2 hours ago, SBR2 said:

OMG There's another Worlds crossover!

:P I think we all needed a laugh TBH.

This is the best thing.

Edit: I'm sure it's is an old meme, but I'll just put this here:

c73.thumb.jpg.ddf6c27d33a64d846988f47d69bf65e7.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

The way Sally is posed in the fourth panel makes it look like she's completely horizontal. Dunno if lying there or hovering in the air like a gull. 

Maybe she got a call and started vibrating on the floor?

Edit: Forgot or was to busy to check my Sonic Sagas books to find where Sally apologized for the slap. Maybe I'll have time tonight, or maybe someone else can beat me to it. If I recall correctly, it was just a reasonable, in-character apology where she basically says, "Yeah, I wasn't completely in the right there," or something like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

So assuming the comics come back and aren't going through another reboot, what do you think is gonna happen with Nicole after her handheld was destroyed in Panic in the Sky, assuming it wasn't a one-page scare to make us think she died?

I had the impression it could be Phage impersonating Nicole, since we had no indication whatsoever that she actually defeated Phage, and since Phage was going to impersonate Nicole in Spark of Life, i see this as a possibility. (I saw the chances of it to happen diminishing as time went by, but still a plausible scenario)

• Thumbs Up 2

This was going to be resolved in Sally's issue (#97 I believe) of SU. They were hunting for parts to repair her handheld. 

• Thumbs Up 4

On ‎29‎.‎6‎.‎2017 at 8:10 PM, Borvoc said:

Edit: Forgot or was to busy to check my Sonic Sagas books to find where Sally apologized for the slap. Maybe I'll have time tonight, or maybe someone else can beat me to it. If I recall correctly, it was just a reasonable, in-character apology where she basically says, "Yeah, I wasn't completely in the right there," or something like that.

I'm not too certain but I think she and Sonic at least talked about it in that issue where Mogul made a deal about getting Sonic's shoes or something... I recall how Sally and Sonic got interrupted because of one of Beans bombs in the middle of a possible would-be kiss...

Maybe that was the part in question..?

• Thumbs Up 2

So I finally got around to reading the third issue of Genesis of a Hero. The one I said I bought but didn't read and had it sitting on my dresser for months... I finally read it.

And it was cute. Amy was delightfully adorable in it. Some nice back and forth between her and Sonic that shockingly didn't come off as too mean-spirited while still maintaining who Sonic was. 

It didn't do much for me outside of that. The comic's attempts to replicate going through stages or recreating boss fights has always left a lot to be desired. I know there's a way to do it without literally showcasing a panel to panel montage of Sonic running and jumping on some badniks. Perhaps go for making it a more dynamic action scene. Take the reigns of a one-on-one fight or a fight against multiple enemies but utilize it in a way that makes it uniquely Sonic by having it all take place while he's running and traversing the landscape. Like a car chase only it's a hedgehog and some robots. 

Something like that. 

Either way, not a bad issue but it's not something I'd consider to be wholly up my alley.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah. That was the part I was thinking about, now that you mention it. I keep forgetting to check my Sagas books for the issue number, and I'm not sure if @RedFox99 is still interested in the topic anymore anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Borvoc said:

Yeah. That was the part I was thinking about, now that you mention it. I keep forgetting to check my Sagas books for the issue number, and I'm not sure if @RedFox99 is still interested in the topic anymore anyway.

It's alright don't strain yourself over this

Just now, Borvoc said:

lol. I apparently have to strain to not forget things.

I mean like you don't have to do this for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Something I've been meaning to bring up about GoaH:

In my personal opinion, the quality of each individual issue was, before it was interrupted, turning out to be identical to that of the previous anniversary arc (the original "Genesis").

Part 1 gets us off to a great start, setting up what we're about to read over the next three issues nicely. Part 2 is pretty lacklustre in comparison, where nothing particularly interesting happens and it just feels like they're going through the motions with it. Part 3 is a massive step up again, showing some juicy stuff, possibly even being the best chapter of the lot.

...and then there's part 4. With Genesis, part 4 was a pretty solid issue that closed off the saga in a satisfying way. Will part 4 of GoaH live up to that, providing we even get to see it? Only time will tell.

• Thumbs Up 4

@RedFox99 It's issue #187, or pages 42-44 of Sonic Sagas 6. I could screenshot and upload those three pages, but I'm not sure if that sort of thing is frowned upon.

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Something I've been meaning to bring up about GoaH:

In my personal opinion, the quality of each individual issue was, before it was interrupted, turning out to be identical to that of the previous anniversary arc (the original "Genesis").

Part 1 gets us off to a great start, setting up what we're about to read over the next three issues nicely. Part 2 is pretty lacklustre in comparison, where nothing particularly interesting happens and it just feels like they're going through the motions with it. Part 3 is a massive step up again, showing some juicy stuff, possibly even being the best chapter of the lot.

...and then there's part 4. With Genesis, part 4 was a pretty solid issue that closed off the saga in a satisfying way. Will part 4 of GoaH live up to that, providing we even get to see it? Only time will tell.

What's GoaH

16 hours ago, NikoS said:

I had the impression it could be Phage impersonating Nicole, since we had no indication whatsoever that she actually defeated Phage, and since Phage was going to impersonate Nicole in Spark of Life, i see this as a possibility. (I saw the chances of it to happen diminishing as time went by, but still a plausible scenario)

It was actually kinda straightforward. Phage distracts Nicole long enough for the Sky Patrol to be disabled by the Battle Bird Armada, then leave her stranded in its systems while it crashes. She basically says this as she leaves.

17 hours ago, Chameleon94 said:

She is fine, she is in the Miles Electric.

I know (actually in Sky Patrol's servers), I was just wondering if that was going to be a significant character change. IIUC, she can't project her physical body without her handheld. One of the earlier issues post-reboot establishes that Nicole has a rather different, more "mechanical" (if that makes sense) personality when she's in a computer versus her projection. I could've seen it as her entirely losing that ability and becoming more like her original incarnation in SatAM.

15 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

This was going to be resolved in Sally's issue (#97 I believe) of SU. They were hunting for parts to repair her handheld. 

Well then. Such ends that discussion.

• Thumbs Up 3

Phage could still be a part of Nicole's code after the last battle. That is if the comics return unchanged... 

i've just started to get into these, and while it's pretty new to me, i really enjoy them. are there any arcs i *for sure* need to go read?

2 hours ago, rosedust said:

i've just started to get into these, and while it's pretty new to me, i really enjoy them. are there any arcs i *for sure* need to go read?

If you just want to stick with the current continuity, my main recommendations are "Champions" (StH#268-271) and "Spark of Life" (SU#71-74).

For the old continuity, "Enerjack Reborn" (StH#180-184), "Hedgehog Havoc" (StH#195-196), "Knocking on Eggman's Door" (StH#199), "Turnabout is Fair Play" (StH#200) and everything from #219-232 are some of my all-time favourites.

Oh, and absolutely the Worlds Collide crossover, even if you're not all that familiar with Mega Man.

• Thumbs Up 7

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

If you just want to stick with the current continuity, my main recommendations are "Champions" (StH#268-271) and "Spark of Life" (SU#71-74).

For the old continuity, "Enerjack Reborn" (StH#180-184), "Hedgehog Havoc" (StH#195-196), "Knocking on Eggman's Door" (StH#199), "Turnabout is Fair Play" (StH#200) and everything from #219-232 are some of my all-time favourites.

Oh, and absolutely the Worlds Collide crossover, even if you're not all that familiar with Mega Man.

okay! thank you sooo much! <3 i'll for sure try to check these out

• Thumbs Up 2