Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Wow Shadow. Wow. My respect for you has gone down a little. Been my favourite character for years but that is one dick move. Though in point, Blaze didn't mention a thing about her world needing them. Omega is so much fun in the comics! Way better than his boring game counterpart. Lastly, YAY MARINE !!!!!!!

She did. She straight up told Rouge that she needs them for her world to survive. Shadow knows it and so does Rouge. They are the villains here. Go Blaze. Kicking some ass.

And I agree with Phos. The dialogue and reasoning for Shadow's betrayal is lacking. Hopefully, the actual issue says more.

That was then. This is now.

Um...what?

The fuck kind of response is that? I know Shadow can be a dick at times, but this was way too low even for him. There had better be an explanation, because this doesn't sit right with me. GUN better have some involvement, otherwise they're just being plain crooks here...well, I kinda expected that from Rouge. Shadow and Omega, I expected a bit more respect than that.

Have you lost your mind?!

:lol:

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I think you all are wrong. This can go two ways. Blaze is either gonna have to take on Team Dark with support from Amy, and Shadow will demolish them. Or they won't fight after all. Shadow could overpower them if he went wild, but that puts them back at last issue and the story doesn't move forward.

The reason they're fighting is because Shadow is putting the mission before his personal issues. He's gonna call it off. He hesitates answering Blaze at first, and doesn't like Rouge playing hard with them. GUN needs the gem for whatever, but Shadow's gonna pull through. Maybe even on the next page. It's predictable.

Edited by Dabnikz

The reason they're fighting is because Shadow is putting the mission before his personal issues. He's gonna call it off. He hesitates answering Blaze at first, and doesn't like Rouge playing hard with them. GUN needs the gem for whatever, but Shadow's gonna pull through. Maybe even on the next page. It's predictable.

We don't even know if it is a mission yet. Okay, granted, signs are more than likely to point in that direction, but it seems off for GUN to send agents to go against their allies in order to steal a Sol Emerald.

That's why I'm hoping there's some explanation to it, a more broader understanding of why they need the gem from someone who's needs it more than anything than they could ever imagine.

But still, we could've gotten a much better response than "That was then. This is now"...of course I get the feeling that that was EXACTLY the kind of reaction they wanted from us when they wrote that line for Shadow. :lol:

We don't even know if it is a mission yet. Okay, granted, signs are more than likely to point in that direction, but it seems off for GUN to send agents to go against their allies in order to steal a Sol Emerald.

Rouge does say "It's just business, honey," so it's more than likely a G.U.N. mission. And Team Dark just found out that the Sol Emerald, that G.U.N. probably found the energy reading since it's been buried there for days, that it's more than just a gem that can be taken so easily. Rouge and just now Shadow have alluded to this already. Now it's just a matter if Team Dark puts the pieces together and whether or not they want to give the gem back to Blaze at all.

Basically, what Dabkinz said.

This is another reason why GUN was a bad idea. Motivation because mission something something it's a secret.

And five. That's the number of times a character says a complete sentence with their mouth closed. I also think it's a little awkward for Rouge to give the go-ahead to Omega on the same panel he starts firing.

Cats can manipulate fire?

Blaze explicitly can, and even if it wasn't explicit, you can still see the fire around her hands in previous panels. Fire stopping bullets kinda comes out of nowhere.

Rouge does say "It's just business, honey," so it's more than likely a G.U.N. mission.

Fire can apparently stop bullets, missiles AND lasers. Lasers. That one really stumps. Let's just say it's mgaic fire. Whoo!

Though, now that I think about it, couldn't Blaze teleport using her fire in the second issue she starred in? Maybe she teleported the barrage away.

Also, Ian Omega rocks!!!!! I don't care if Omega never appears in another game again as long as I have this.

Ugh <_<

I was hoping Marine wasn't going to show up but I guess it was inevitable.

I really can't get into this arc, as much as I want to, and I really want to because this amount of cool characters and interactions should be awesome - I just hate the way it's presented.

The artwork has no draw whatsoever. I mean look at the awesomeness that was #218, now that fight scene (however brief) between Sonic and Bunnie was SO engaging. The fight scenes so far in Treasure Team Tango lack that. I don't know whether it's the poor style or movement, but it just doesn't make me like it at all, and that's a shame.

The only thing I am looking forwards to now is Nack's team's inclusion (drawn terribly I assume)

Edited by The-Master-Board
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

What is your problem with how Yardley draws? Hell, Bates' style it rather similar, but with differences. Sure, Yardley isn't the best artist ever, I could count mistakes in each issue on both hands, but what's really wrong with him? His style is basically SegaSonic, and all the other artists are copying him practically, Steven Butler's style is basically just tall Yardley style now. I'm just off on a tangent now. Also, he's drawn ever single issue of SU so far, and I don't see that stopping very soon. There was honestly far more wrong with Ron Lim, and Dave Manek* when they drew for the comic, be glad they aren't drawing this.

*He can draw Classic Sonic okay, but just not modern, or anyone else.

What is your problem with how Yardley draws? Hell, Bates' style it rather similar, but with differences. Sure, Yardley isn't the best artist ever, I could count mistakes in each issue on both hands, but what's really wrong with him? His style is basically SegaSonic, and all the other artists are copying him practically, Steven Butler's style is basically just tall Yardley style now. I'm just off on a tangent now. Also, he's drawn ever single issue of SU so far, and I don't see that stopping very soon. There was honestly far more wrong with Ron Lim, and Dave Manek* when they drew for the comic, be glad they aren't drawing this.

*He can draw Classic Sonic okay, but just not modern, or anyone else.

You're kidding right? Bates did issue #218 if I'm not mistaken?

His art style is nowhere near Yardley's. There was great flow and movement in the character's fight interactions, in the last SU issue I could barely tell Rouge was doing a drill kick, and any of the fights were flat and had no depth to them at all.

#218 had cool angles and great perspective, the fights actually felt like fights, last SU and the previews for this next one the fights are not engaging at all. They just feel like a panel after another panel and just feel like chores to read rather than something exciting.

I just dislike Yardley's work, I dunno why but it feels too basic and just bores me. I can't see it as art like I see alot of the other previous Sonic artists work.

It's a shame too because had this been drawn great I'm sure with the great story behind it and inclusion of pretty much all of my favourite characters that this arc could've gone down as the best thing yet.

EDIT: I'm finding it weird that Omega talks without a robot voice, or at least the speech bubble asthetics to indicate robotic sounding speech. It's a little offputting.

Edited by The-Master-Board

EDIT: I'm finding it weird that Omega talks without a robot voice, or at least the speech bubble asthetics to indicate robotic sounding speech. It's a little offputting.

He talked that way until he absorbed Gamma's consciousness.

Why a robot would quit talking like a robot after absorbing another robot's consciousness, however, is beyond me.

Honestly, while I really enjoy the way Omega is written, he's the complete opposite of Sega's more rigid, robotic version of the character. I'm surprised Sega lets Ian get away with writing the character so differently.

I think Yardley is pretty great at what he does, but I agree this issue is sloppy so far. Look at Cream on page 4.

Edited by Dabnikz

Wow, Yardley actualy drew Rouge's cleavage? I'm surprised. Is it really Yardley? What happened with him?

It seems on Rouge's Insights page on the Archie Comics site this really is a G.U.N. mission.

Wait what the hell? There's a Rouge blog?

I just hope Team hooligan show up early on in this issue and not just as last page editions.

Wait what the hell? There's a Rouge blog?

No, there's two official Archie Sonic blogs that Ian Flynn writes. That Rouge blog entry was just part of a fun week where we got to see insights into characters.

Just got SU #22 in the mail! Expect the usual summary once I'm finished reading it. I'm sure The-Master-Board will be very eager to find out how Nack gets in on all this madness. :lol:

Summary time!

1.The issue begins in Blaze's world where we see Marine and an unnamed SRA koala-thingy tending to a boat.

2.Marine tells the koala guy not to damage her boat, but he says it's not his fault and that everything's gotten worse since the Sol Emeralds went missing.

3.Marine assures him that Blaze will bring the Sol Emeralds back.

4.Cut to the ravine from last issue, where Team Dark has just arrived.

5.Cream asks who they are and Amy tells her they're jerks who are in big trouble.

6.Blaze asks Shadow how he could betray her so easily after her generosity back in SU #1.

7.Shadow replies that "That was then. This is now."

8.Blaze accepts Shadow's heel turn and says that he's chosen his fate. She draws her flames.

9.Rouge commands Omega to open fire on the lot of them, and Omega gladly obeys.

10.Blaze shields Amy and Cream from Omega's barrage with her flames.

11.Nicole, dropped on the ground when all of this chaos first happened, asks what's wrong to no answer.

12.Amy tells Cream to take cover, but she says she wants to help, too.

13.Omega is shocked that Blaze was able to repel his barrage so easily.

14.Shadow accuses Rouge of being insane for using such lethal force.

15.Rouge tells Shadow to relax and says that Omega's barrage was just to scare them off.

16.Blaze uses her flame powers to torch Omega, causing him to swoon.

17."I like you! Let us burn things together!" "?"

18.Elsewhere, three slimy-looking shadows are monitoring the fight in the ravine from above.

19.One of them annoyingly asks what's going on over and over again as well as if there are any more explosions. (I bet you can't guess who this guy is. ;) )

19."Just be ready to move when I give the word....so we can take these Bozos by surprise."

20.Amy swings at Rouge, causing her to drop the Sol Emerald.

21.Cream catches it, but Omega catches up to her. She throws the Sol Emerald at him and it riccochets off his face.

22.Shadow catches it, but is smacked by Amy.

23.Blaze is about to catch it, but Rouge slides into her.

24.The Emerald bounces off of Rouge's head. (Ouch.)

25.It lands in Cheese's hands.

26.Cream tells Cheese to fly out of the ravine and that they'll catch up to him. Cheese obeys.

27.Blaze tells Rouge that she'll never track that tiny chao through the woods. Rouge tells her she'll take the consolation prize.

28.She squeezes Blaze's wrist, causing her to use her flames to summon the Sol Emerald she used to track the other one.

29.Rouge grabs it and throws it to Shadow.

30.Shadow tries to use Chaos Control, but the Emerald erupts into flames.

31.The Emerald floats back into Blaze's hand.

32."That's why I am their Guardian!"

33.Blaze's group heads for the surface while Team Dark is still dazed from the Emerald.

34.Cream hopes that they're okay, but Amy assures her that they're fine and that Omega probably enjoyed it.

35.Blaze thanks Amy and Cream for all of their help.

36.Amy tells Cream to fly ahead and find Cheese while she and Blaze climb out of the ravine.

37.Cream asks her is she's sure about this. Amy tells her that she is sure and they need to move before Team Dark recovers.

38.Cream follows Amy's guidance and tells them she'll meet them at the top.

39.Cream arrives on the surface and calls for Cheese.

40.She discovers that Cheese has been captured by Team Hooligan, the team composed of Nack the Weasel, Bark the Polar Bear, and Bean the Dynamite.

41.I love Bean's character description. While Nack gets "Treasure Hunter" and Bark gets "Hired Muscle", Bean gets stuck with "...Um...". Hilarious.

42.Nack's vehicle, The Marvelous Queen, even gets it's own description: "State-of-the-art Hover Bike" It also now has an extension for other passengers.

43.Cream lunges at Nack and tells him to put Cheese down. Bark catches her by the face before she can lay a paw on the Weasel.

44.Cream starts yelling at Nack to give Cheese and the Sol Emerald back with a hilariously huge block of text.

45."Criminy, kid..."

46.Bean finds Cream adorable and asks Nack if they can keep her as their Team Mascot. (Bean wants to name her "Jorge".)

47."Knock it off, Bean! I don't have time for your brand of crazy today!"

48.Amy and Blaze climb out of the ravine and Amy tells Nack to let Cream go.

49.Nack is horrified. "Oh, no. Not her. Not the hammer."

50.Bean, however, is less than frightful of the situation.

51."Hey, it's Shouty-Hammer McPain! You wanna be co-mascots with Jorge?"

52.Nack tells his team to pile on the Marvelous Queen. They leave Cheese behind, but take Cream and the Emerald with them.

53.Amy tries to rally Blaze to go after them, but the Flame Princess is three steps ahead of her. She blasts off at an amazing speed, using her flame powers to fly.

54.Bean tries to warn Nack of Blaze's incoming assault, but she blasts into the Marvelous Queen, sending it flying off in flames.

55.Team Hooligan tumbles to the ground, Bark losing grip on Cream.

56."My bike!"

57.Blaze catches Cream and asks if she's all right. Cream thanks her for the rescue.

58.Amy catches up to them, claiming that Blaze is almost as fast as Sonic.

59.Blaze says that she's quick, but not nearly that fast.

60.Cream asks where the Sol Emerald went.

61.Bean starts berating Nack for underestimating Blaze's group.

62."Like candy from a baby, you said. WHAT NURSERY DID YOU COME FROM, PAL?!"

63.Nack tells him he didn't know that they had a Freedom Fighter on their side.

64.Bean asks him how he didn't see the "Piko-Piko Valkyrie" with them.

65.Nack tells him to calm down since they still have the Gem.

66.Amy arrives on a hill and tells them to hand it over, but she's cut short by gunfire from behind.

67.Team Dark have recovered from the Emerald's blast and arrived to claim the Gem.

68.Rouge tells Amy to hand it over.

69.Before Amy can tell them she doesn't have it, she's kicked in the chest by Shadow.

70.Omega pursues Blaze and Cream with his gunfire.

71.Team Hooligan oversees the clash and decides to sneak away with the Emerald while the other two Teams are fighting.

72.Omega blasts down several trees searching for Blaze and Cream.

73."Please surrender! Think of the poor trees!"

74.Cheese knocks into Omega's head and Blaze covers him in her flames.

75.Blaze's assault is cut short by Rouge, who kicks her in the back and knocks her in the head with her elbow.

76.Amy tells Shadow to stop teleporting and fight like a man. Shadow kicks her down and she loses grip of her hammer.

77.Amy tells Shadow that she'll take him down with or without her hammer, but Shadow grabs it and knocks her out cold.

78.Rouge and Shadow gather Amy and Blaze and bring them into the center of the field.

79.Cream and Cheese approach Shadow and Rouge armed with a tree branch and a rock.

80.Cream says she can't let them do this, but her and Cheese are snatched by Omega.

81.Cream starts bawling that they don't even have the Emerald anymore, but Omega tells her to calm down.

82.Omega asks her what she means when she says they don't have it anymore.

83.Cream says that "The smelly Weasel man and his friends" stole it from them.

84.Amy regains consciousness and tells Team Dark about the trio.

85.Rouge says she knows those guys and getting it back from them should be easy.

86.Blaze also wakes up, Shadow asking her to please stay down.

87.Blaze blasts flames at Shadow and says that she did not brave the Cosmic Interstate and dodge the Zone Cops' blockade for nothing. She says without the Sol Emeralds, her world will die.

88.Elsewhere, Team Hooligan spot a very familiar-looking zeppelin tailing them.

89."Aw, no...Not them!"

90.There's also a very funny off-panel strip where Blaze sicks Marine on Team Dark.

That's all she wrote!

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Shadow's quite a brute in this one isn't he? :lol:

Also, familiar Zepplin? Uh-oh...

I'm planning on buying the comic but just thought I'd ask, does anyone know if the overseas subscription on the Archie website is reliable at all? Anyone know how long it might take to get to Ireland?

I imagine it was Bean who said "Aw, no...Not them!" when the zepplin was seen, right?

Edited by TodStar

I imagine it was Bean who said "Aw, no...Not them!" when the zepplin was seen, right?

Nope. Nack said it. Clearly the Rogues' reputation has spread to other hunters. Bean was too busy staring at the shiny Sol Emerald.

Also, unrelated, but another thing I just noticed:

There's an "OVER 9000" reference in the Off-Panel.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Just got SU #22 in the mail! Expect the usual summary once I'm finished reading it. I'm sure The-Master-Board will be very eager to find out how Nack gets in on all this madness. :lol:

Oh I am, I just....must.resist.spoiling.it.for.myself GNAHHHH!:blink:

I have no doubt Nack's inclusion will be for awesome and awesome reason's, and that he'll have somehow hoodwinked Bean and Bark into being part of his team.

I've always envisioned a team up of Nack, Bean and Bark, and Nack always screwing the other two over, but Bean always being oblivious to it and coming back for more. Kinda view Bean as being the leader of the "two-some" of him and Bark....mainly cuz Bark doesn't talk, (maybe like Raj from The Big Bang Theory) but I could see some funny humor in Bean being so stupid to always get involved with Nack and Bark slapping his forhead everytime Bean makes a dumb decision.

Anyways I look forwards to this story as I know I won't look forwards to the artwork.