Jump to content
Toby

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Razule said:

Aside from the issues that never saw the light of day, what would there be to finish in the new world? It's not like Sonic can defeat Eggman forever.

Nicole being fixed after nearly frying her systems in her Overclocked form

The business with Antoine's new archnenemy in his homeland

The mystery regarding Bunnie's origins and heritage

Whatever was happening with Bow Sparrow and the Woodsland Kingsmen

Dulcy and maybe Cinder's destiny

Captain Metal and the Egg O War's potential comeback

Relic's work in Launch Base Zone

Eclipse and the Dark Arms' next move after escaping Angel Island

Agent Garnet's investigation of Dr. Snively

Nephthys and the Desert Raiders' plan for Shamar

Possible Spoiler: How Conquering Storm was apparently gonna handle learning about the paralyzing cybernetics issue  

Tundra and Ahklut's rekindled feud

Maw's plans for the Mobini(maybe), the Roboticizer, and Foreman Tasselboy

Wendy's search for the Cacophonic Conch

Captain Shellbreaker's intention for vengeance against Abyss

Silver, Gold, Von Schlemmer, and the Bits' whereabouts after getting swallowing by a Genesis Portal.

The fate of the Council(I don't immediately recall what the Second Devourer did with him).

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Eerie-Ernest-Panda said:

Over at the Archie Shop, the subscription pages for Cosmo and New Crusaders have gone up, and...

HRcrY3.jpg

"Please come back, Sonic fans, we need your money!"

What makes it funnier is that they also show up in the "Sonic & Mega Man" section.

Maybe this tells something about the sales numbers, at least how good of a chunck the Sonic books made of in Archie's incomes... :lol:

Maybe someday I'll get cooled down enough to buy them... on sale (if that ever turns out, digital versions are a bit cheaper after some time I guess). :ph34r:

12 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Nicole being fixed after nearly frying her systems in her Overclocked form

The business with Antoine's new archnenemy in his homeland

The mystery regarding Bunnie's origins and heritage

Whatever was happening with Bow Sparrow and the Woodsland Kingsmen

Dulcy and maybe Cinder's destiny

Captain Metal and the Egg O War's potential comeback

Relic's work in Launch Base Zone

Eclipse and the Dark Arms' next move after escaping Angel Island

Agent Garnet's investigation of Dr. Snively

Nephthys and the Desert Raiders' plan for Shamar

Possible Spoiler: How Conquering Storm was apparently gonna handle learning about the paralyzing cybernetics issue  

Tundra and Ahklut's rekindled feud

Maw's plans for the Mobini(maybe), the Roboticizer, and Foreman Tasselboy

Wendy's search for the Cacophonic Conch

Captain Shellbreaker's intention for vengeance against Abyss

Silver, Gold, Von Schlemmer, and the Bits' whereabouts after getting swallowing by a Genesis Portal.

The fate of the Council(I don't immediately recall what the Second Devourer did with him).

 

Gee, for the long list alone you deserve a promotion! All this stuff unanswered... meh.

Really, if there's even the tiniest chance for a closure for both continuities, or even for just the reboot - even something like "rocks fall everyone dies" one - I'd be a very happy camper.

A very happy camper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things I'd have liked to see resolved?

Geoffery's fate back in the Pre-Reboot continuity.

Post-Reboot... the development of the Egg Bosses would have been interesting to see.

Also Eclipse because his portrayal made him kind of sympathetic.

I think that's it for me.

I kind of didn't care about what was going on with Silver and his crew. I'll assume they died in the black hole or something. 

Maybe I'd have liked to have seen a definitive ending where Eggman defeats them and controls the whole world Sonic wins forever because we love him and the Freedom Gang... yeah...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Eerie-Ernest-Panda said:

Over at the Archie Shop, the subscription pages for Cosmo and New Crusaders have gone up, and...

HRcrY3.jpg

"Please come back, Sonic fans, we need your money!"

What makes it funnier is that they also show up in the "Sonic & Mega Man" section.

Ok Mighty Crusaders is just a lie. Ian and Matt are the only Sonic Creative team members on it. Granted I do want to read these because I'm a Shameless Flynn Fanboy but this is just desperate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Eerie-Ernest-Panda said:

Over at the Archie Shop, the subscription pages for Cosmo and New Crusaders have gone up, and...

HRcrY3.jpg

"Please come back, Sonic fans, we need your money!"

What makes it funnier is that they also show up in the "Sonic & Mega Man" section.

I was aware the Crusaders were a thing, but I have to ask if this is some sort of reboot or something from the one he was working on years ago?

Not sure what to think of the Merry Martian or whatever outside of the fact that he's been wanting to write it for a while.

Honestly, I wished they get Megaman back or maybe get an interesting new license to work with. Not putting down those two, it's just that I miss the other three books.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

So completely off that track, how about we read some comics? Adam Bryce Thomas has released the pencils to SU#95 and SU#96, and the rough layouts for half of SU#97. He does have the script and other scripts, but those aren't his to release. 

Might be best if I triple post to reduce image quota per post. Edit: Auto-merged whoops.

Sonic Universe 95

  Reveal hidden contents

rxMaL77.jpg

ZBSXek8.jpg

Tw3SgLv.jpg

L1ABrIq.jpg

nZRFZFQ.jpg

7PoW9mO.jpg

JilcdDZ.jpg

aBDIoJM.jpg

ODjnRuq.jpg

kIpHGGd.jpg

YDAJFzj.jpg

7AbucRL.jpg

qh11IXx.jpg

91RybTn.jpg

BRYMq6g.jpg

MRgCr0q.jpg

L21f3Mw.jpg

zpX3zJS.jpg

kEX0wPE.jpg

pJY6psj.jpg

Sonic Universe 96

  Reveal hidden contents

TX9SW3l.jpg

IfZCkwh.jpg

Sa8YBWa.jpg

GMQJJuj.jpg

oCCkro9.jpg

0DrJW0H.jpg

OwtGO8e.jpg

WTyCXbH.jpg

GjiICR0.jpg

tmTEkru.jpg

dth1v0w.jpg

3fDxo03.jpg

KqXdG9f.jpg

DzddK2X.jpg

3K1pLLZ.jpg

vrYqSDM.jpg

5AODO2M.jpg

IhsHZr6.jpg

3VmxLLU.jpg

F5rttIv.jpg

Sonic Universe 97

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Yr8bjB8.jpg

DMUVS7L.jpg

EMTSk0g.jpg

1kbgStE.jpg

g9726UP.jpg

xFdDzG9.jpg

ecWq5Gm.jpg

nMPEOFC.jpg

lhVIgMJ.jpg

SnGCDUO.jpg

 

Interesting that the stories would have been one issue instead of 4. So essentially Page would've and it seems Amy, Cream, and Cheese would've hmgone on their own quest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, also something I completely missed this morning; concept art for the two new characters from SU#95 and SU#96, Cortez and Null Mind. 

CFvIaVb.jpg

aTRZx0c.jpg

Heh, they pulled an Eclipse with the second guy. 

As for Cortez's species, he looks like he's from the Mustelidae, possibly a polecat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uggggh, those issues looked soooooo goooood. Makes me all the more sad that Archie Sonic had to just crap out like that.

I really, really hope Adam Bryce Thomas is part of the IDW crew. His art and Ian's writing are just so perfect together. I really hope the new book builds up a world that's at least as rich as the post-reboot Archie world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eerie-Ernest-Panda said:

Antoine was getting a redesign? As in permanently??

It looks more like he gets supercharged by the Sword. It['s kinda hard to tell. Wouldn't be surprised if it was permanent though given the divisive reaction to his (And Bunnies) redesign over pretty much everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2017 at 6:50 AM, RedFox99 said:

Interesting that the stories would have been one issue instead of 4. So essentially Page would've and it seems Amy, Cream, and Cheese would've hmgone on their own quest.

Phage would've...?

14 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Oh, also something I completely missed this morning; concept art for the two new characters from SU#95 and SU#96, Cortez and Null Mind. 

CFvIaVb.jpg

aTRZx0c.jpg

Heh, they pulled an Eclipse with the second guy. 

As for Cortez's species, he looks like he's from the Mustelidae, possibly a polecat?

Boy, they really are drawing on Black Knight with Antoine, since Cortez's sword is apparently the same basic design as King Arthur's. Which is cool, cause I do like the Spin Blade Ball Attack. 

Cortez looks kinda weird in those pages, to be honest. What was up with those random sparkle things?

Wonder what his deal is.

 

I swear I've seen something like that Null Mind thing before. The sonic wikia mentions Mephiles and his shadows, which is indeed pretty close, but I feel like there's something else as well--particularly with his/her crest.

Did it eat the Koalas?

2 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Another piece of concept art came in the night; Antoine's redesign for SU#95.

cObC03I.jpg

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

It looks more like he gets supercharged by the Sword. It['s kinda hard to tell. Wouldn't be surprised if it was permanent though given the divisive reaction to his (And Bunnies) redesign over pretty much everyone else.

Well his was kinda plain, partially due to the fact that it's more or less the Acorn soldier uniform. Not sure how I feel about him seemingly losing his bangs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.