Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I guess Shadow vs. Knuckles, it's sad Shadow doesn't have any classic comic moments in battle, where he isn't jobbing or one shoting people.

26 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

I guess Shadow vs. Knuckles, it's sad Shadow doesn't have any classic comic moments in battle, where he isn't jobbing or one shoting people.

Uh, doesn't jobbing imply he loses? I don't remember that happening much.

Well, except for maybe Lara-Su.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Uh, doesn't jobbing imply he loses? I don't remember that happening much.

Well, except for maybe Lara-Su.

He was deliberately nerfed and dialed down from his game power levels to a mere average base level sonic as far as being powerful at full strength goes and was outmatched alot. First was Sonic(Sonic's the main character of course, still too unfair in being plot powerful to write being equal to Shadow at the time, was apparently a gary stu generator according to Eggmans being the embidment of chaos which means he's better than Shadow at mastering chaos better than Shadow), Tommy Turtle(This guy didn't deserve any credibility to begin with because he was impossibly lame, so its a issue with me when they waste a character as cool and powerful as Shadow on his hype before being killed off, seriously Shadow lost a fight to a woobie sue for no reason.), Knuckles(he's got more potential with chaos energy/chaos control than Shadow does), Enerjak Knux(which is poorly written garbage sense Shadow by default is the sonic series resident chaos powered demi god who should be to chaos manipulation/chaos control as Sonic is to super speed, Shadow isn't allowed to be special in his specialty when the main leads and the echidnas are also masters at chaos power/chaos control  and super transformations, so too much fanfiction for comic exclusive characters and main canon characters, it made Shadow a walking worf effect in a story where he could be written as powerful as Knuckles, Mammoth Mongul and even friken Silver cuz that is how he was established as his special unique ability and trademark in the first game), Lara Su(See Echidna fanfiction oc wank from Knuckles entire mary sue non canon in Enerjak Knux), Scourge(again with another character to ass pull as better than Shadow in chaos/chaos control plus he's Sonic too), Adam(I was okay with this, Shadow had no way to win against self defined omnipotence without chaos emeralds or probably because it's not chaos energy that is Adam's source but his own digital dimension, I feel Shadow could match that with being a potent computer programmer that combines his arcane mastery of chaos energy manipulation/chaos control with computer logic and they would be evenly matched but Ian doesn't know how to write Shadow as fantastical and imaginative as Sonic it seems), Omega(06 reference, but even still Shadow should be above Omega as a destructive weapon naturally and logically, he tears through robot armies with ease and wields chaos control and other chaos abilities), Eclipse round one (to the point Shadow needed a mcguffian from a Knuckles plot device to win) and finally Shadow man and Napalm man from the crossover(Sonic was busting robots and defeated Megaman in pure battle while Shadow failed twice to outfight his opponents twice).

Nothing about Shadow as far as fights and skills go was up to par with his character moments, if your a hardcore Shadow fan like me, you would not even bother getting into Shadow stories if you want to see epic battles where he's at his best and his constant to the source.

7 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Tommy Turtle,

When the hell did this happen? o_0

8 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Knuckles(he's got more potential with chaos energy than Shadow does),

To be fair to the comic here, it does logically make sense that Knuckles could be really good at utilizing Chaos Energy given that the Emeralds sorta belong to him by birthright in the first place, not to mention his ability to flip them on and off.

By the time Shadow became a recurring character in the comics, it had been long grandfathered in that the Echidnas have a naturally great potential regarding the Chaos Force, so Shadow suddenly making use of it in the games five years later was more or less a case of Hilarious in Hindsight.

Beside, wasn't there a moment where Knuckles/Locke comments on Shadow's innate adeptness over it?

Enerjak Knux(which is poorly written garbage sense Shadow by default is the sonic series resident chaos powered demi god who should be to chaos manipulation as Sonic is to speed, Shadow isn't allowed to be special in his specialty when the main leads and the echidnas are also masters at chaos power and super transformations, so too much fanfiction for comic exclusive characters and main canon characters made Shadow a walking worf effect in a story where he could be written as powerful as Knuckles, Mammoth Mongul and even friken Silver),

While I normally hesitate to burst peoples' bubbles, I kinda have to raise issue here: When was it remotely implied that Shadow is on the level of demi-god?

He has makes greater use of Chaos energy and is generally more versatile than most of the other characters--this is true. But even then, there were always distinct limits to what he can do on his own beyond Chaos Spear and short-ranged Flash Steps, whether it be gameplay mechanics or legitimate story displays.

And honestly, minimize use of or outright take away his Chaos powers and he's pretty much just a black and crimson Sonic with hover shoes minus a few specific side abilities.

Meanwhile, Enerjak was explicitly defined as a demigod--a not very bright one--but a demigod nonetheless. We explicitly saw him do things like warp into less than hospitable locations, create things from thin air(at least his armor and staff), and oh yeah, outright pull people apart atom by atom. Again, this something that was grandfathered in long before Shadow was even a thought vs. a character came years later and has never been shown to be able to do things on a comparable level despite what you seem to believe.

Mammoth Mogul, I won't comment on since I didn't get a decent understanding of what he's capable of doing in a battle beyond being shown/told he can do these things. And Master Mogul doesn't really count for obvious reasons.

And as for Silver, see their fight in Sonic 06. That's ironically a great example of how Shadow can manage to kick ass without being the blatantly overpowered phenom you seem to believe he is.

Scourge(again with another character to ass pull as better than Shadow in chaos plus he's Sonic too),

Uh, no. I know there could be a specific, but Scourge(and Sonic for that matter) was never particularly skilled with Chaos energy.

Not to mention that the one time I remember them fighting, the specific point was made that Scourge, while definitely upgraded to be in Sonic's league, didn't stand a chance fighting him and Shadow at the same time. He even got worn out after a bit and the fight officially ended when he grabbed Rouge and decided to make a break for it with Shadow right on his ass, with only the unexpected intervention of Dr. Finitevus saving him for what very well could've been a serious beat down or worse.

Adam(I was okay with this, Shadow had no way to win against self defined omnipotence without chaos emeralds or probably because it's not chaos energy that is Adam's source but his own digital dimension, I feel Shadow could match that with being a potent computer programmer that combines his arcane mastery of chaos with computer logic and they would be evenly matched but Ian doesn't know how to write Shadow as fantastical and imaginative as Sonic it seems),

Didn't ADAM also both use Eggman as a hostage and tentacle clock Shadow from behind as well before tossing him into the energy coffin?

Cause I think that justifies why Shadow couldn't do much there, even if you already stated you're fine with that example.

41 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Omega(06 reference, but even still Shadow should be above Omega as a destructive weapon naturally and logically, he tears through robot armies with ease and wields chaos control and other chaos abilities),

I always thought that was a retroactive explanation for why Eggman lock Omega down there with Shadow in the first place.

No comment.

41 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Eclipse round one (to the point Shadow needed a mcguffian from a Knuckles plot device to win)

Eclipse was explicitly created to counter Shadow's raw abilities. The surge in power the Master Emerald get Shadow was something he simply wasn't apt to face.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, Dash Speed said:

Enerjak Knux (which is poorly written garbage sense Shadow by default is the sonic series resident chaos powered demi god who should be to chaos manipulation master as Sonic is to speed

By that logic, Shadow isn't very unique from any of the other Monsters of the Week we've seen in the Games.

Or did we forget Chaos exists?

Shadow isn't allowed to be special in his specialty when the main leads and the echidnas are also masters at chaos power and super transformations, so too much fanfiction for comic exclusive characters and main canon characters, it made Shadow a walking worf effect in a story where he could be written as powerful as Knuckles, Mammoth Mongul and even friken Silver cuz that is how he was established as his special unique ability and trademark in the first game)

No one in the comics or games is able to fight a Super Form of another character in their base form.

There are even cases where just Super Sonic alone wasn't enough to beat a God-like character.

Heck, even when Knuckles was Enerjak, he was defeated by his father sacrificing his life to save him, not just Super Sonic fighting him.

Lara Su (See Echidna fanfiction oc wank from Knuckles entire mary sue non canon in Enerjak Knux)

Are we talking about the Dark Enerjak story?

Where Silver had to get help from a magic sword to defeat him?

Like in previous stories and in one of the games?

Scourge (again with another character to ass pull as better than Shadow in chaos plus he's Sonic too),

No one in the comics or games is able to fight a Super Form of another character in their base form.

Also, different universe, different rules.

Adam(I was okay with this, Shadow had no way to win against self defined omnipotence without chaos emeralds or probably because it's not chaos energy that is Adam's source but his own digital dimension, I feel Shadow could match that with being a potent computer programmer that combines his arcane mastery of chaos energy manipulation with computer logic and they would be evenly matched but Ian doesn't know how to write Shadow as fantastical and imaginative as Sonic it seems)

Yes, because being able to karate chop a keyboard makes Shadow a computer technician.

Omega (06 reference, but even still Shadow should be above Omega as a destructive weapon naturally and logically, he tears through robot armies with ease and wields chaos control and other chaos abilities)

I really don't understand the argument that Omega is weaker than everyone else just because we know everyone else can destroy certain robots.

Eclipse round one (to the point Shadow needed a mcguffian from a Knuckles plot device to win)

tumblr_nuhx4bjRIj1sop1xco2_500.png

Are you telling me you didn't enjoy seeing Eclipse getting Chaos Blasted out of his Power Form like it was a costume?

Shadow man and Napalm man from the crossover (Sonic was busting robots and defeated Megaman in pure battle while Shadow failed twice to outfight his opponents twice).

When did Sonic defeat Mega Man?

Also, are we talking about the battle against an army of regenerating Robot Masters?

Nothing about Shadow as far as fights and skills go was up to par with his character moments, if your a hardcore Shadow fan like me, you would not even bother getting into Shadow stories if you want to see epic battles where he's at his best and his constant to the source.

I don't believe writing characters to be overpowered while ignoring established canon and mythos in a specific universe is a good idea.

• Thumbs Up 7

Bad Fandom, Bad! (pulls out a water sprinkler and sprays on everyone)

Seriously people, are we back to talking about Shadow again? We had this conversation TWO PAGES ago.

• Thumbs Up 7

4 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

When the hell did this happen? o_0

To be fair to the comic here, it does logically make sense that Knuckles could be really good at utilizing Chaos Energy given that the Emeralds sorta belong to him by birthright in the first place, not to mention his ability to flip them on and off.

By the time Shadow became a recurring character in the comics, it had been long grandfathered in that the Echidnas have a naturally great potential regarding the Chaos Force, so Shadow suddenly making use of it in the games five years later was more or less a case of Hilarious in Hindsight.

Beside, wasn't there a moment where Knuckles/Locke comments on Shadow's innate adeptness over it?

Retcon aside, it should be cannon or written that Shadow is Knuckles but better since he in his debut made chaos control his main style of fighting and used it heavily as different powers through from SA2, Sonic Battle, and Shth. Knuckles and Locke are written like the furry jedi order in being god mod estoric in using the chaos force, it doesn't stop the main character in matching that as super sonic, so naturally shadow got glossed over by poor fanfic depiction of making Knuckles the chaos master instead of writing in Shadow with a tie to that to respect the game source depiction.

While I normally hesitate to burst peoples' bubbles, I kinda have to raise issue here: When was it remotely implied that Shadow is on the level of demi-god?

He has makes greater use of Chaos energy and is generally more versatile than most of the other characters--this is true. But even then, there were always distinct limits to what he can do on his own beyond Chaos Spear and short-ranged Flash Steps, whether it be gameplay mechanics or legitimate story displays.

Shadow can do his own chaos control to zenkai boost his power or spam mini black holes without a chaos emerald, the emerald just amps his power but he innately can make chaos control do anything than spam beams and teleport. IN the story im pretty sure him teleporting without a emerald is very broken.

And honestly, minimize use of or outright take away his Chaos powers and he's pretty much just a black and crimson Sonic with hover shoes minus a few specific side abilities.

Without chaos powers he's not Shadow period, he introduced chaos control and attacks in SA2 along with Sonic as aform of attack, space/space manipulation and travel. You can also say with out Knuckles brute strength and tails flying their blank slates of the same base abilities of sonic.

Meanwhile, Enerjak was explicitly defined as a demigod--a not very bright one--but a demigod nonetheless. We explicitly saw him do things like warp into less than hospitable locations, create things from thin air(at least his armor and staff), and oh yeah, outright pull people apart atom by atom. Again, this something that was grandfathered in long before Shadow was even a thought vs. a character came years later and has never been shown to be able to do things on a comparable level despite what you seem to believe.

So just because a character comic wise did estorics before shadow, means he owns the style? You do know that Super Sonic and super forms are as ungodly plot powers  from the games, they added the concept of chaos force from chaos emerald lore in the classics and built that into the comic as a interpretation of that power. Enerjak is deretitive from Sonic's game breaking chaos emerald super powers and the gems, Shadow is a character introduced to be a natural master of using chaos emeralds to become a weapon without going super. Shadow by all rights should be a artifical lifeform created to a god by the comics logic establish of being an innate with the chaos force. But they still made him second rate compared to Knuckles and the other echidnas, i mean knuckles stories was basically star wars, I wanted Shadow to be pre suit vader level at least.

Mammoth Mogul, I won't comment on since I didn't get a decent understanding of what he's capable of doing in a battle beyond being shown/told he can do these things. And Master Mogul doesn't really count for obvious reasons.

And as for Silver, see their fight in Sonic 06. That's ironically a great example of how Shadow can manage to kick ass without being the blatantly overpowered phenom you seem to believe he is.

Thats because Shadow can beat him easily, he was holding back to talk sense into Silver. He wanted to kill Silver, he'd do it as fast as Sonic beat him.

Uh, no. I know there could be a specific, but Scourge(and Sonic for that matter) was never particularly skilled with Chaos energy.

Not to mention that the one time I remember them fighting, the specific point was made that Scourge, while definitely upgraded to be in Sonic's league, didn't stand a chance fighting him and Shadow at the same time. He even got worn out after a bit and the fight officially ended when he grabbed Rouge and decided to make a break for it with Shadow right on his ass, with only the unexpected intervention of Dr. Finitevus saving him for what very well could've been a serious beat down or worse.

Shadow written like the opposite of his game self in the comics, Shadow is supposed to be a remorseless, direct, and purely brutal with any opponent taking them out by any means necessary and doing so by being cold, determined and sharp to act. Shadow got into too many scuffles he didn't need to be in because the writer tackles characters like they are cartoons that are impulsive catiratures of the game characters to make characters like shadow help sonic beat up scourge or crocobot. The problem was how shadow approached a conflict, he was duped, deadset in failing into trouble, lost his temper and focus and acted on aggression without accessing the task accordingly(He's never fought as recklessly in the games, even Shth). Scourge was written to get the better of Shadow reguardless of being overwhelmed by him and Sonic but it was at the expense of writing Shadow out of character. 

Didn't ADAM also both use Eggman as a hostage and tentacle clock Shadow from behind as well before tossing him into the energy coffin?

The writer made ADAM do that to add suspense, it was bad since Shadow can teleport.

Cause I think that justifies why Shadow couldn't do much there, even if you already stated you're fine with that example.

I always thought that was a retroactive explanation for why Eggman lock Omega down there with Shadow in the first place.

It's implications are not worth the trouble emphasizing, since Omega isn't as popular or put on Sonic's level on purpose to be on Shadow's level.

No comment.

Eclipse was explicitly created to counter Shadow's raw abilities. The surge in power the Master Emerald get Shadow was something he simply wasn't apt to face.

Eclispe can counter shadow, so can he do the same to Sonic by proxy, Sonic is probably the only character who's not allowed to have a visable weakness in battle or abilites, it's always someone being scaled to Sonic as a rival since he's soo fast and adaptable to fall to being beaten in his own game. I'm pretty sure Eclispe got shat on by Omega, someone Shadow can definitely beat as far as raw ability goes.

45 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

By that logic, Shadow isn't very unique from any of the other Monsters of the Week we've seen in the Games.

Or did we forget Chaos exists?

Shadow can use chaos emeralds to do more than boost machines or gods. Thats how he's unique.

There are even cases where just Super Sonic alone wasn't enough to beat a God-like character.

Heck, even when Knuckles was Enerjak, he was defeated by his father sacrificing his life to save him, not just Super Sonic fighting him.

Guess who can also use the innate energy of chaos force other than Knux and the brother hood, it's Shadow. Shadow isn't allowed to outshine Sonic in besting the god of the week, but if he was written too, it would be in consistant use of the characters powerset. Shadow is written improperly and nerfed to make characters like Enerjak Knuckles and Hyper Sonic seem important, the comic does so much in holding Shadow from basically being his own Enerjak, it takes a turn for the worst when Sonic tells him to chill out and think cautiously about taking down someone who has a glorified super form too and is a chaos energy god.

Are we talking about the Dark Enerjak story?

Where Silver had to get help from a magic sword to defeat him?

Like in previous stories and in one of the games?

You know what I'm talking about, Silver got buffed to where Shadow is supposed to be a top teir Sonic hero. He survived a island by Enerjak and tanked and caught his godlike powers with psychiconisis.

Also, different universe, different rules.

Whats stopping Shadow from chaos draining Scourge of his energy again? if in different universe where even Amy can beat an mystic war kings armor with her hammer, whats stopping from Shadow having the power to do anything the four mains have non cannon skills that are written out of no where due to being a comicbook character? Shadow didn't have to fall to Scourge or ADAM or Enerjak since he as powerful as Sonic but has shown the power to be stronger thanks to his chaos control mastery. Failing to Write someone who is canon in being equal to Sonic and thusly virtually can stretch his abilites in comic form like the others is the fault of the writer. 

Yes, because being able to karate chop a keyboard makes Shadow a computer technician.

If Silver can have time travel powers naturally and can deflect energy from a literal god in this version of Sonic(Without going super), why can't Shadow have computer skills? Silver can't do this in the games. Shadow has knowledge of technolgy at least in game canon, why not expand it in the comic 

I really don't understand the argument that Omega is weaker than everyone else just because we know everyone else can destroy certain robots.

tumblr_nuhx4bjRIj1sop1xco2_500.png

Are you telling me you didn't enjoy seeing Eclipse getting Chaos Blasted out of his Power Form like it was a costume?

Eclispe looks like a fodder of black doom, Shadow is the top of the class in beating the best heroes/villains in the series next to Sonic.  Shadow knows roaming chaos, it's basically like that in the panel but labeled chaos blast, it's spammed too casually by Ian's hands, it's supposed to be Shadow's strongest offensive power.

When did Sonic defeat Mega Man?

Sonic had Rock pinned for the 2 count and was going to finish him but was interupted.

Also, are we talking about the battle against an army of regenerating Robot Masters?

I don't believe writing characters to be overpowered while ignoring established canon and mythos in a specific universe is a good idea.

It's not about being overpowered, it's about staying natural to what the character is known for and Shadow is way weaker and underwhelming than he is usually depicted, the writer put him on the bus instead of giving him focus like Rouge and just made him half of everything that made him true to form, they used too much headcannon from 06 to develop Shadow's story instead of the total ambigous mystery of Shadow's story and added him away from Sonic's main story.

Shadow can use chaos emeralds to do more than boost machines or gods. Thats how he's unique.

Alright, let's play a game.

Name 1 instance where Shadow did something with a Chaos Emerald that no other character is able to do with a Chaos Emerald or other power.

Guess who can also use the innate energy of chaos force other than Knux and the brother hood

In the Archie Comics?

Sonic, Tails, Mogul, Feist, Eggman, Nagus, The Ancient Walkers, Chaos, Silver, Metal Sonic, Scourge, Chip, Dark Gaia...

I think a better question is who can't?

You know what I'm talking about, Silver got buffed to where Shadow is supposed to be a top teir Sonic hero. He survived a island by Enerjak and tanked and caught his godlike powers with psychiconisis.

Except he still wasn't able to defeat Enerjak without the Sword.

Which stopped the original Enerjak way back in KtE #9.

Whats stopping Shadow from chaos draining Scourge of his energy again?

...when could he ever do that? Last time I checked Shadow isn't a vampire.

if in different universe where even Amy can beat an mystic war kings armor with her hammer

Her Piko Piko hammer is technically magic and she actually has a magic background in this universe.

Shadow didn't have to fall to Scourge or ADAM or Enerjak

He still helped to defeat them though.

He helped keep Metal Sonic from being a problem.

He helped Turbo Tails send the Chaos Emeralds away so Adam couldn't use them.

He helped Knuckles drain this Chaos Energy so he eventually needed to refuel.

If Silver can have time travel powers naturally

He had a Time Stone

Eclispe looks like a fodder of black doom, Shadow is the top of the class in beating the best heroes/villains in the series next to Sonic.  Shadow knows roaming chaos, it's basically like that in the panel but labeled chaos blast, it's spammed too casually by Ian's hands, it's supposed to be Shadow's strongest offensive power.

He literally concentrated an giant explosion into a laser, almost like a mini Eclipse Cannon. What's not awesome about that?

Sonic had Rock pinned for the 2 count and was going to finish him but was interupted.

Both of them had a home field advantage on their respective universes.

It's not about being overpowered, it's about staying natural to what the character is known for

Unfortunately, what's he known for is being overpowered and edgy.

I'm glad none of the writers treated Shadow like Penders treated Knuckles and that's saying something.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Nice Smile 1

Geez, I need to make a mental note; some guys are just too hardcore, this is becoming painful, well, at least now I have a pic of Shadow kicking Sonic's butt so everyone can stop saying it never happened. ^_^

It's a whole page of Shadow kicking Sonic's butt while telling him how he was never really a challenge. In issue 167, and yes, "bred heroine" Lara-Su almost loses an arm while putting him on stasis on the later pages, it wasn't an easy fight. Since I'm pretty certain it's not cool to post whole pages I'll not do it.

Okay, let's see if there's anything left to say...

4 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

Lara Su(See Echidna fanfiction oc wank from Knuckles entire mary sue non canon in Enerjak Knux)

O________________O

Fanboy-level over 9000 I'd say, yeah, that was an old one, sorry.

... I'd like to show a clip from YouTube but since it's in Finnish it'd be a waste of time. Basically what I'd like to say;

"Never hit below the belt man, it's just not cool."

You know, there's game canon and then there're other canons. There's. No. The. Almighty. Holier. Than. Thou. Canon. Öhöm. Sorry about that. -_-

I get it, you freaking love Shadow. I get it. But please, please, consider the fact you're dissing characters other people hold very dear before pulling stunts like this, just, please. :( I happen to like how Lara-Su developed in the later stuff, I'm one of those crazy guys who think second Universe arc was more interesting than the first one, and really, the fact some echidnas can use chaos powers doesn't take them off from your precious Shadow, no. Please don't shove your things into other's faces, it's not really nice. Like one YouTuber I dig sometimes says in situations too heated, let's keep the hands there on one's own side thank you.

Gee, I adore Antoine but I'm pretty certain I wouldn't go to these heights for defending him, please, if you want to see Shadow the God you could consider reading TMOM. 

And don't you dare start picking on Antoine too now!

Just what do people eat these days? I want some, they feel so energetic... :blink:

Stuff like this makes me think I'll really get down if the FF is thrown out...

3 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Bad Fandom, Bad! (pulls out a water sprinkler and sprays on everyone)

Seriously people, are we back to talking about Shadow again? He had this conversation TWO PAGES ago.

As amusing as this warring can be in ways, I have to agree. This is growing tiresome.

Is it possible to make a fantopic for Shadow, please? :huh: Any admin/someone who reads posts in here?

Or should we just give cold shoulder in cases like this from now on?

3 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Let's start a new conversation: funniest moments in the comics?

The whopee cushion one wasn't. It was just tormenting and evil. I hate kids like that. <_<

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

Sonic, Tails, Mogul, Feist, Eggman, Nagus, The Ancient Walkers, Chaos, Silver, Metal Sonic, Scourge, Chip, Dark Gaia...

The Freedom Fighters(though Bunnie and apparently Antoine are technically up in the air)

Uncle Chuck

Geoffrey St. John(maybe)

Mina Mongoose

Heavy and Bomb

The Acorn Lineage

Sonic's Parents

Tails' Parents

Harvey Who

Rosie Woodchuck

The Rebel Underground/Secret Service

Wolf Pack

Dr. Quack

Nate Morgan

Eddy the Yeti

Mobie the Cave Bear

Monkey Khan

The other Freedom Fighters groups(though Rob may privileged)

All of Eggman/Robotnik/Kintobor's family

Humans

Super Special Sonic Search and Smash Squad

Mecha M Robotnik

Suppression Squad(except maybe Miles)

Echidnas that aren't descended from Edmund and Dimitri 

The Dingo Regime

Renfield T. Rodent

Downtown Ebony Hare

Nic the Weasel

Fiona Fox

Monk

Destructix

Team Hooligan

Kodos Lion

Dark Egg Legion

The Iron Dominion(though Regina is a mystery)

The Four Houses

Babylon Rogues

Thrash the Devil

Battlebird Armada

Every Non-hedgehog Game Character not named Tails, Knuckles, or on a technicality Blaze. 

Danicka Patrick

A lot of characters, actually.

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

Her Piko Piko hammer is technically magic and she actually has a magic background in this universe.

Hell, she has a bit of a mystical background in the games.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

28 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

The whopee cushion one wasn't. It was just tormenting and evil. I hate kids like that.

Could you elaborate on that?

One part that seems amusing is Shadows face when Marine tells him she wasn't the one who made a ship in Sonic universe 1.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Eggman,

Pretty sure Eggy's out because he makes things that tap the chaos force, he can't use it innately.

Though he'd certainly jump at the chance to teleport by waving a rock in your face.

One day Eggy, one day...

5a4eb295b5087_SupremeHighRobotnik.png.484bebad85c4fc7d12d105eccaaffaae.png

....you'll rise again.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

On 1/4/2018 at 2:17 PM, RedFox99 said:

Let's start a new conversation: funniest moments in the comics?

On the topic of Shadow I, for one, enjoyed his dry wit.

5a4ec7d71f388_DryWitShadow.png.742829942c0f9bc5156331be94824a5b.png

Then there's Return to Angel Island where Jonathan Gray's unique art style made every panel funny yet endearing on it's own, the backgrounds are so busy and yet choreographed just enough to avoid where is waldo fatigue for the most part.

5a4eceb720536_VectorvsEspio.png.a887dbca67a13ed0fddc6a7b9efe20a4.png5a4ed2734a614_DeadEyeKnux.png.b8785031e1890b4ba4b03182ebe9e775.png

and for something on the classic side: #35, because Robotnik spends  the whole issue dressed like this:

5a4ecec10cc13_GeneralRobotnik.thumb.png.86b671c001ba7f23d30d27acda62e1bb.png

Still the FUNNEST moment for me is the wedding issue again.

Specifically when Rosie tells Sonic to "Entertain our flower girl", and  just shoves Amy in his face. 

5a4eda5b93892_WeddingbellBlues.thumb.png.b058e0693327d9ac263516717cd39f85.png

More as they come to me....

Issue 148 put on a play where everyone was cast as someone else, Big dressed in a Robotnik suit, Tails was Snively, Rotor was Tails, Knuckles as Sally.

#117 is where (robo)Robotnik and Snively reconstruct their bodies after losing them in a nuclear blast, and Snively initially comes back as tall and dashing before Robotnik downgrades him.

"Beware Sonic and Friends, there's a new Rapscallion on the loose."

#40, in the aftermath of Mecha Madness, Antoine prosecutes Sonic, on trial for allegedly getting himself robotized. Antoine starts questioning witnesses and grows increasingly unhinged with each one. Ending with a badgering the witness pun.

• Thumbs Up 5

What are your favorite funniest/saddest moment and best fights of the POST-Reboot? I mean, it has got to have some of those, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

I’m going off the top of my head for this, but one moment that made me chuckle was when Knuckles knocked an unsuspecting Amy out of the ring with one punch during the Champions arc. 

As for fights, it’s a tie between Knuckles vs. Shadow and King Nigel versus Team Hooligans. They’re not so much favorites than ones that stood out. I like how in character Knuckles and Shadow were as they faced off, and I love how Shadow is capable of standing up to Knux without being an overpowered character. Same for Knuckles showing that he can hold his own against a the Ultimate Lifeform who can teleport and nuke a small area—plus that moment when they helped each other up and the remembered “waaaiitt a minute! We were knocking each other’s brains out a second ago!” and then went back at it was funny.

King Nigel was more of a surprise than anything. Guy comes off as one of the nicest characters, and doesn’t look like someone who would be a capable fighter than a governor until the Hooligans show up in front of him, then he whips out a fucking laser sword and shield and almost wins 1v3 until Bark hammers him to the ground. That almost made me forget about the crotchety old King Max counterpart from pre-reboot.

• Thumbs Up 5

8 hours ago, Razule said:

Hey, I just realized...

File:Sonic 3 and Knuckles History.jpg

That's not Hidden Palace.. that's the outside altar!

I could see it as Hidden Palace, but with a confused colorist.

• Nice Smile 2

Did anyone ever get anything published in the comic? Fanart, a letter, heck, even the "Find Your Name in the Print" page if you're that old.

I got two pictures in:

Yt1u0D.jpg

dbWu0Q.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

20 hours ago, Cuz said:

Still the FUNNEST moment for me is the wedding issue again.

Ooh yes! I still find Vector's pep talk awesomely hilarious.

At least he did his best. :D

15 hours ago, Conquering Slay-bell Storm said:

King Nigel was more of a surprise than anything. Guy comes off as one of the nicest characters, and doesn’t look like someone who would be a capable fighter than a governor until the Hooligans show up in front of him, then he whips out a fucking laser sword and shield and almost wins 1v3 until Bark hammers him to the ground. That almost made me forget about the crotchety old King Max counterpart from pre-reboot.

This.

It was freaking awesome. I think that most of time King Nigel was around he really stood out. Like  when he got that "serious business" look when he talked about what happened before the Eggman coup. He didn't even need to speak for being pretty awesome in that scene at the start of the Fighters arc where Sally was asking for funding for "a good cause". And I really laughed when she said "daddy's pragmatic".

Gee he feels as being a a bit underrated, though I dunno, but he's just pure awesomeness, the way he dealt the Hooligans fight was just too awesome, Nack got owned for assuming.

Gee I'd love to see the King again at some day... suppose he was too good for us.

---

22 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Could you elaborate on that?

One part that seems amusing is Shadows face when Marine tells him she wasn't the one who made a ship in Sonic universe 1.

Well, if my memory serves me right, I think it happened in the earlier issues (apparently in StH issue 4), though Sonic lamented about that "latest trick" in issue 235.

I felt -and still feel- genuinely sorry for Antoine, I just see red if someone's picked on like that with a group. It might look like an innocent joke for some but gee I'd start raging the very moment someone pulls a stunt like this in my circles! Gee! See yourself and tell whether or not this is humour for you...

Not_funny_StH_4.thumb.gif.6094ad3f4c7c8e4a11fab9e35aa7826e.gif

This is a bit more like humour, guys. It's not perfect but still...

And yes, that Marine thing is prolly one of the most used Archie Sonic joke outside the Archie Sonic circles. For a reason I suppose.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Conquering Slay-bell Storm said:

That almost made me forget about the crotchety old King Max counterpart from pre-reboot.

Never understood why pre-reboot went that route for Max. He had jerk-ish moments in the early days, mostly failing to connect with his kids, but I don't remember him ever being as grumpy and tool-ish than he was under Ian's pen.

Glad to hear post-reboot cleaned him up a notch. He came off kind of squirrelly (pun intended) when the reboot started off.

9 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Never understood why pre-reboot went that route for Max. He had jerk-ish moments in the early days, but I don't remember him ever being as grumpy and tool-ish than he was under Ian's pen.

Glad to hear post-reboot cleaned him up a notch. His came off kind of squirrelly (pun intended) when the reboot started off.

Wasn't his mental health implied to be deteriorating during Ian's run?

• Nice Smile 1