Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

3 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Not sure if this was posted already or if it even should be, but apparently, this is a thing

cobysev.net/aso/o/aso005_stho248_o.png

You can find the topic discussing our comic here!

• Thumbs Up 1

Good lord, she’s adorable!

Looks pre-teen compared to her modern design.

• Thumbs Up 5

D’awwww, she looks really cute! I’d like to see that version of Sally actually, if the IDW comic keeps her and the rest of the FF of course...I’m still hoping they will, it’d be such a shame to not see them anymore.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

Overall looks fine, but the Tails' eyes are still there, though. I prefer when people make her eyes more faithful to the original design.

1 hour ago, Korke said:

Overall looks fine, but the Tails' eyes are still there, though. I prefer when people make her eyes more faithful to the original design.

So she should have Cream eyes instead?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

So she should have Cream eyes instead?

No.

Sally should have her own eyes, from her original SatAM/Early Archie appearance. More like this redesign from drawloverlala:

Spoiler

concept_salsally_by_drawloverlala-da9ft4

Spoiler

001_170_8327.jpg

I appreciate the new redesign made in the late pre-reboot, bringing an end to the furry proportions-era, but the feline/canine eyes was a little annoyance.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Korke said:

No.

Sally should have her own eyes, from her original SatAM/Early Archie appearance. More like this redesign from drawloverlala:

Hide contents

concept_salsally_by_drawloverlala-da9ft4

Hide contents

001_170_8327.jpg

I appreciate the new redesign made in the late pre-reboot, bringing an end to the furry proportions-era, but the feline/canine eyes was a little annoyance.

To be fair, most Sonic characters have the same basic cornea design, hence my assumption.

But if you mean the whole eye, then yes, they probably done that and have it not be too odd. FIM has at least one main character like that and it's not that noticeable unless you're really looking, so it can work.

The individual issues are still on amazon.. but I've noticed digital products seem to linger on amazon a bit longer than elsewhere before being taken down.. 

Yeah, I was expecting this happening in summer already, though I thought the very last possible date could be around the new book getting attention, or even the first issue coming out as the very last option.

Considering solicits are coming this is actually something I kind of already guessed would happen around the time IDW is growing more active around the matter of their new Sonic comics series.

Well, at least I managed to save some issues before this happened, I wonder if the Google Play book thing'll still keep them around, like Play keeps some old apps no-longer continued up for download if you've had it at some point...

That has to be a mistake. Amazon previously had trade listings well after many of those lines were cancelled by Archie themselves, so I'm not holding my breath. Sonic books were already pulled from comiXology, so keep your expectations low.

To be fair, they probably had a couple of issues completed before they were given the hold-up and eventual cease n' desist for the talks with SEGA to finish. Didn't Mr. Flynn initially say they were still working for a while during the hiatus?

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

To be fair, they probably had a couple of issues completed before they were given the hold-up and eventual cease n' desist for the talks with SEGA to finish. Didn't Mr. Flynn initially say they were still working for a while during the hiatus?

IIRC, he didn't get the news himself 'till around the official announcement, which means they continued for that long potentially around 5 to 6 months, putting them at or around 300 and 100 being started if not fully penciled.

This must be an admin error. I could almost buy* StH#291 getting a posthumous release given that it was the next issue due out and finished off Genesis of a Hero but SU#95? No bloody point.

*Well, if we discounted external factors like SEGA not necessarily giving IDW the right to publish it.