Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

28 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

This must be an admin error. I could almost buy* StH#291 getting a posthumous release given that it was the next issue due out and finished off Genesis of a Hero but SU#95? No bloody point.

*Well, if we discounted external factors like SEGA not necessarily giving IDW the right to publish it. 

That was my initial thought as well before taking other factors into account.

Those have been up there since the hiatus started. I'd chalk that up to "Amazon forgot/couldn't be arsed to take them down".

• Thumbs Up 4

Aye.. Comixology had them up for pre-order too.. It doesn't actually charge unless they release so there wasn't any harm in them keeping them up..

The thing eating me most at the moment is the fact King Nigel was awesome and we'll prolly never see him again.

Gee I've grown to appreciate that character a lot.

Also, I read some pre-reboot stuff today and the result was me getting sad over the fact I'll prolly never read any as inspiring Sonic book ever, it was so rich and all, and had a feeling even reboot couldn't capture as whole (pretty clear thing to be honest, but still).

That's the reason why I started to feel down again.

Also; Amazon should change its name onto Trollazon or something.

• Nice Smile 1

On 22.1.2018 at 12:23 AM, NikoS said:

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!!!!!!! DO NOT PLAY WITH MY FEELINGS AMAZON!!!!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NCOVRJ1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_HNIyAbY7A8SQA

On 22.1.2018 at 2:14 AM, Terriful said:

https://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Hedgehog-291-Ian-Flynn-ebook/dp/B01N6JK2KL/ref=pd_typ_k_sp_2_1/157-1741404-1082235?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=1QKEFHMN6Z8PQ38S4A64

Wait. 291 too. What's going on here? Could Archie be finishing the series? That'd be a dream come true.

What's going on!? I don't trust this yet.

• Nice Smile 2

55 minutes ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

What's going on!? I don't trust this yet.

Me neither, i'm skeptical until i see it. (This doesn't mean i didn't downloaded kindle and pre-ordered both already though)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I pre-ordered those too. If this is the end for the Freedom Fighters of Knothole, oh man I'm gonna miss Antoine. Always was and will be my favourite.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

24 minutes ago, PaddyFancy said:

I pre-ordered those too. If this is the end for the Freedom Fighters of Knothole, oh man I'm gonna miss Antoine. Always was and will be my favourite.

Well, you're in for a treat if that order turns out to be real.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Sgt Nate V said:

How do you read the comics? Physical or Digital?

I have one word, and it describes how I read it.

Hide contents

Illegally.

Well, you almost kinda have to at this point.

This probably would've the case with me regarding StC and the rest of Sonic X hadn't the source suddenly went the way of the Echidnas.

On 1/23/2018 at 9:02 PM, PaddyFancy said:

Antoine was my favorite FF, too!

I swear I'm not crying...

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

I know what some of you are going through. I too have lost characters from cartoon shows I grew up with, long before this. The grave I had to make for Bocoe, Decoe, and Danny from Sonic X is still as fresh as it was way back when I made it after the anime ended.

RapidSorrowfulDonkey-size_restricted.gif

• Nice Smile 2

Eh, "You Either Die A hero or You Live Long Enough to See Yoursefle Become The Simposons" or whatever it went.

Most things pass and I learned to accpet that.

Something will never go away or keep getting reviwed by nostalgia  and this I also had to learn to accept.

At least they ended on a high note, not with some kind of "Sonic 06" that will leave bitter taste in your memories.

• Nice Smile 2

Yeah, I'll miss Antoine like nothing else. I just don't have guts for doing a real grave at the backyard, I suppose my landlord wouldn't appreciate that too much after all...

The thing that makes this wound grow so sore for me is the fact how dismissively the whole deal got killed.

Pah, suppose I'll never get used to things like this, even when this was pretty much the first time I experienced something as interesting as this stunt. <_< And I do have a large gap between my teeth, I dunno if you've that saying though...

But yeah, I'll try to remember the best parts of it, like having all the epic conversations in here and all. I really felt like I had a place where I did belong, now I'm not too sure anymore.

And all the stuff told in the books, all of it! It was awesome and still is!

I'll try to keep positive though, there's always the awesome fan material, and it saves me some serious cash. B)

• Fist Bump 2

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

So, has anything come of that Amazon order yet?

Nope, not yet, both SU#95 and StH#291 are still scheduled to release on January 30th, so we'll likely discover if this is real or not next Tuesday.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, NikoS said:

Nope, not yet, both SU#95 and StH#291 are still scheduled to release on January 30th, so we'll likely discover if this is real or not next Tuesday.

Okay then. I really hope/expect it is.

• Fist Bump 1

21 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Well, you almost kinda have to at this point.

This probably would've the case with me regarding StC and the rest of Sonic X hadn't the source suddenly went the way of the Echidnas.

This reminds me of when I met Blackdogdrew (the guy who made those StC Retrospectives) at SoS and I respectfully voiced my disagreement at him reading the old StC issues illegally (he was cool about it at the time), and it wasn't until days later that I did a gigantic facepalm at myself because "OF COURSE HE READS THEM ILLEGALLY HE DOESN'T HAVE A FUCKING CHOICE".

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 2

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

This reminds me of when I met Blackdogdrew (the guy who made those StC Retrospectives) at SoS and I voiced my personal disagreement at him reading the old StC issues illegally (he was cool about it at the time), and it wasn't until days later that I did a gigantic facepalm at myself because "OF COURSE HE READS THEM ILLEGALLY HE DOESN'T HAVE A FUCKING CHOICE".

Ch'yeah, pretty much. :lol:

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

This reminds me of when I met Blackdogdrew (the guy who made those StC Retrospectives) at SoS and I voiced my personal disagreement at him reading the old StC issues illegally (he was cool about it at the time), and it wasn't until days later that I did a gigantic facepalm at myself because "OF COURSE HE READS THEM ILLEGALLY HE DOESN'T HAVE A FUCKING CHOICE".

Rubbish, all it takes is making time machine.

what STC retrospective? Can I get a link?

56 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Rubbish, all it takes is making time machine.

what STC retrospective? Can I get a link?

...and I got his name wrong. It's BlackDogBrew

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

There are times where I think that I've accepted the end of Archie Sonic than I'll come across a piece of well made fanart and the tears start come running down my face all over again.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

21 hours ago, Spinneret said:

There are times where I think that I've accepted the end of Archie Sonic than I'll come across a piece of well made fanart and the tears start come running down my face all over again.

Yup, same here. You're not alone.

I suppose I'll need to find an artistic way to get some steam out of my system, it just doesn't seem to get out otherwise.

• Nice Smile 1

Sooo with the introduction of Tangle the lemur (sweet looking character btw!), I’m guessing the FF is no more? Unless those same characters now have completely different roles in the IDW comic and aren’t working together as a team anymore..that’s really sad. 

I mean, I wasn’t a huge fan of the FF to begin with but it’s gonna be weird not seeing them around anymore, especially Sally. =(