Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Aand unfortunately, but expected,  SU#95 and StH#291 aren't listed on Amazon anymore.

Now excuse me while i uninstall Kindle from my PC...

Da fuq.

Wonder how they let these things happen. I was actually looking forward to it and now they snatched it away again.

Amazon you fucking wankers.

• Nice Smile 1

10 hours ago, Gabz Girl said:

Sooo with the introduction of Tangle the lemur (sweet looking character btw!), I’m guessing the FF is no more? Unless those same characters now have completely different roles in the IDW comic and aren’t working together as a team anymore..that’s really sad. 

I mean, I wasn’t a huge fan of the FF to begin with but it’s gonna be weird not seeing them around anymore, especially Sally. =( 

Aaron kind of hinted at them on the last Sonic stream... I think?

..and IDW tends to say "stay tuned" when asked about them, which just makes it sound like they don't want to spoil the surprise.. Otherwise the typical answer to that sort of thing is that they don't have plans yet.. and if it was an issue that required further discussion from Sega then they could have found a way to make their answer more uncertain.. This is getting confusing.

• Promotion 1

From what I understand even IDW isn't sure if they can use them, but definitely they won't be the main cast anymore.

So I say assume them dead. If they come back, you'll have a nice surprise.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

On 27.1.2018 at 12:00 AM, PublicEnemy1 said:

There's always a chance that the FFs will show up, on a later date, after re-establishing this new continuity. IDW and Flynn probably want to distance themselves from Archie first. Unlike what the sillouette might suggest, Tangle is NOT a replacement for Sally, as said here:  

Well, I really hope that's the case, but then again I suppose staying as flegmatic about it as possible is the best way to avoid unwanted heartaches. I'm not that positive about this anymore.

Also, gee, I hope I'll never get that angered in the Internet that I'll insult the comics people since that'd be just rude. Sadly they're just doing their job and as long as we aren't told a thing we can't really know what's happening behind the curtains.

And these things are something of what I don't want to know, unlike that one question...

___

Seriously, Amazon's a freaking Trollazon. I'm just happy I managed to save few issues I didn't have already before they entered to the limbo of sorts.

On 27.1.2018 at 10:24 AM, Dwapook said:

Aaron kind of hinted at them on the last Sonic stream... I think?

..and IDW tends to say "stay tuned" when asked about them, which just makes it sound like they don't want to spoil the surprise.. Otherwise the typical answer to that sort of thing is that they don't have plans yet.. and if it was an issue that required further discussion from Sega then they could have found a way to make their answer more uncertain.. This is getting confusing.

Well, for me it sounded like they're referring especially -if not exclusively- to the game cast, like how they brought up Blaze. People were complaining she wasn't around enough and now she's coming in pretty early in IDW run.

I'm serious, that guy's a PR man after all, of course he'll try to get advantage of situations like this, don't waste your money on that old stuff, you can buy the new stuff instead, *insert gamecharacterplug*. And he's every right to do so, I know, it's his job after all, it's actually what he MUST do. So this isn't anything personal really, I suppose he's a nice guy and all but his job's annoying to me. It's prolly the unavoidable annoyment since they need PR folks to spread the word and all... I can always choose not to pay attention to his market-talk anymore than the obligatory minimum after all.

Seriously, American marketing manages to get me freaking pissed...

And if they say "stay tuned" one more time I swear...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

On 10/01/2018 at 7:13 PM, Reala said:

Wow - that's so much longer than I thought it was when I started collecting the graphic novels :lol: I guess I've got a lot more buying and searching to do! Thank you so much for posting this up. I'm going to put it into a spreadsheet and get finding!!!

Bringing this up again because I realised that I made a couple of accidental omissions:

CORRECTIONS:

-StH#149-#150 has been changed from completely unreprinted to partially: I forgot that the "Chosen One" two-parter from those issues can be found in Selects #8.

-Added StH#198-#211.

-Added "Sonic Comic Origins: Into the Unknown" to the "misc" section.

If anybody spots more errors, let me know.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

#50 (in its original form; replaced with the Directors Cut from SSS#6 in all reprints)
#92-#128 (all content)
#129 ("Tossed in Space: Part 6" only)
#130 (all content)
#131 ("Home: Part 2" only)
#132-#148 (all content)
#149 ("The Good, The Bad and the Unknown: Part 4" only)
#150 ("From Hero to Zero in No Time at All" only)
#151-#159 (all content)
#160-#161 ("Birthday Bash" only)
#163-#164 ("Sonic Riders" only)
#166-#167 ("Mobius 25 Years Later" only)
#170 ("Island of Misfit Badniks" only)
#185 ("Island of Misfit Badniks Salty Soggy Sequel" only)
#195-#196 (all content)
#197 ("Consequences" only)
#198-#211 (all content)
#212 (only selections from this issue have been reprinted)
#213-#214 (all content)
#215-#216 ("Family Matters" only)
#217 ("Thicker Than Water: Part 1" only)
#218 (all content)
#219 ("In Service to the King: Part 1" only)
#220-#221 (all content)
#222 ("Second Impressions: Part 2" only)
#223 (all content)
#224 (only selections from this issue have been reprinted)
#225 (only the last 6 pages have been reprinted)
#231 ("Haunted" only)
#232 ("Fragile" only)
#233 (all content)
#234 ("Unthinkable" only)
#235-#244 (all content)
#275 (all content; final Sonic issue of Worlds Unite)
#277-#290 (all content)

SONIC UNIVERSE
(By issue)
#34-#38 (all content)
#41-#49 (all content)
#55-#58 (all content)
#60-#62 (all content)
#64-#68 (all content)
#70-#75 (all content)
#78 (all content; final Universe issue of Worlds Unite)
#80-#94 (all content)
(By arc)
-Babylon Rising (parts 2-4)
-Scrambled (parts 1-2)
-Secret Freedom (all)
-Chaotix Quest (all)
-Pirate Plunder Panic (all)
-Shadow Fall (parts 2-4)
-Great Chaos Caper (parts 2-4)
-Total Eclipse (parts 1-2)
-Spark of Life (all)
-Fury (single issue)
-Worlds Unite (part 9; third Universe issue in arc)
-Silver Age (parts 2-4)
-Eggman's Dozen (all)
-Shattered (all)
-Case of Pirate Princess (all)

KNUCKLES THE ECHIDNA
#22-#28 (all content)
#30-#32 (all content)

SONIC ONE-SHOTS
-Sonic Live ("Last Game Cartridge Hero" only)
-Mega Man: Worlds Unite Battles ("Maverick Hunters vs Vile" only)
-Sonic the Hedgehog: Worlds Unite Battles ("Knuckles vs Break Man" only)
-Sonic: Mega Drive (all content)
-Sonic: Mega Drive- The Next Level (all content)

SONIC SUPER SPECIAL
#3 (all content were reprints already)
#7 (all content)
#8 ("Ghost Busted" only)
#15 ("Naugus Games" only)

FCBD
-2008 (already a reprint)
-2009 (only contains data files, no new comic content)
-2012 ("Genesis: Awakening" text stories only)
-2013 (both stories are already reprints)
-2014 (both stories are already reprints)
-2015 (both stories are already reprints)
-2016 (both stories are already reprints)

SONIC BOOM
#10 (all content; final Boom issue of Worlds Unite)

MISC
-Mega Man #52 (all content; final chapter of Worlds Unite)
-"Sonic Comic Origins: Nicole"
-"Sonic Comic Origins: Into the Unknown"
-"Sonic Comic Origins: Snively"
-"Sonic Comic Origins: Razor"
-All 40 issues of Sonic X
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Bringing this up again because I realised that I made a couple of accidental omissions:

CORRECTIONS:

-StH#149-#150 has been changed from completely unreprinted to partially: I forgot that the "Chosen One" two-parter from those issues can be found in Selects #8.

-Added StH#198-#211.

-Added "Sonic Comic Origins: Into the Unknown" to the "misc" section.

If anybody spots more errors, let me know.

Hide contents

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

#50 (in its original form; replaced with the Directors Cut from SSS#6 in all reprints)
#92-#128 (all content)
#129 ("Tossed in Space: Part 6" only)
#130 (all content)
#131 ("Home: Part 2" only)
#132-#148 (all content)
#149 ("The Good, The Bad and the Unknown: Part 4" only)
#150 ("From Hero to Zero in No Time at All" only)
#151-#159 (all content)
#160-#161 ("Birthday Bash" only)
#163-#164 ("Sonic Riders" only)
#166-#167 ("Mobius 25 Years Later" only)
#170 ("Island of Misfit Badniks" only)
#185 ("Island of Misfit Badniks Salty Soggy Sequel" only)
#195-#196 (all content)
#197 ("Consequences" only)
#198-#211 (all content)
#212 (only selections from this issue have been reprinted)
#213-#214 (all content)
#215-#216 ("Family Matters" only)
#217 ("Thicker Than Water: Part 1" only)
#218 (all content)
#219 ("In Service to the King: Part 1" only)
#220-#221 (all content)
#222 ("Second Impressions: Part 2" only)
#223 (all content)
#224 (only selections from this issue have been reprinted)
#225 (only the last 6 pages have been reprinted)
#231 ("Haunted" only)
#232 ("Fragile" only)
#233 (all content)
#234 ("Unthinkable" only)
#235-#244 (all content)
#275 (all content; final Sonic issue of Worlds Unite)
#277-#290 (all content)

SONIC UNIVERSE
(By issue)
#34-#38 (all content)
#41-#49 (all content)
#55-#58 (all content)
#60-#62 (all content)
#64-#68 (all content)
#70-#75 (all content)
#78 (all content; final Universe issue of Worlds Unite)
#80-#94 (all content)
(By arc)
-Babylon Rising (parts 2-4)
-Scrambled (parts 1-2)
-Secret Freedom (all)
-Chaotix Quest (all)
-Pirate Plunder Panic (all)
-Shadow Fall (parts 2-4)
-Great Chaos Caper (parts 2-4)
-Total Eclipse (parts 1-2)
-Spark of Life (all)
-Fury (single issue)
-Worlds Unite (part 9; third Universe issue in arc)
-Silver Age (parts 2-4)
-Eggman's Dozen (all)
-Shattered (all)
-Case of Pirate Princess (all)

KNUCKLES THE ECHIDNA
#22-#28 (all content)
#30-#32 (all content)

SONIC ONE-SHOTS
-Sonic Live ("Last Game Cartridge Hero" only)
-Mega Man: Worlds Unite Battles ("Maverick Hunters vs Vile" only)
-Sonic the Hedgehog: Worlds Unite Battles ("Knuckles vs Break Man" only)
-Sonic: Mega Drive (all content)
-Sonic: Mega Drive- The Next Level (all content)

SONIC SUPER SPECIAL
#3 (all content were reprints already)
#7 (all content)
#8 ("Ghost Busted" only)
#15 ("Naugus Games" only)

FCBD
-2008 (already a reprint)
-2009 (only contains data files, no new comic content)
-2012 ("Genesis: Awakening" text stories only)
-2013 (both stories are already reprints)
-2014 (both stories are already reprints)
-2015 (both stories are already reprints)
-2016 (both stories are already reprints)

SONIC BOOM
#10 (all content; final Boom issue of Worlds Unite)

MISC
-Mega Man #52 (all content; final chapter of Worlds Unite)
-"Sonic Comic Origins: Nicole"
-"Sonic Comic Origins: Into the Unknown"
-"Sonic Comic Origins: Snively"
-"Sonic Comic Origins: Razor"
-All 40 issues of Sonic X

AMAZING! I was literally just looking back at this today trying to work out which archives / collections I need and which comics I need in order to be able to read everything. Thank you so, so much for doing this :)

Sonic X is so hard to find... I'm going to be looking at around £10 ($15+) per issue here in the UK!!! That'll certainly be left until last.

The Sonic The Hedgehog issues I'm making progress on. It's just getting lucky on eBay and in contacting UK Comic Book Shops.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

14 hours ago, BlueSky said:

Well, I really hope that's the case, but then again I suppose staying as flegmatic about it as possible is the best way to avoid unwanted heartaches. I'm not that positive about this anymore.

Also, gee, I hope I'll never get that angered in the Internet that I'll insult the comics people since that'd be just rude. Sadly they're just doing their job and as long as we aren't told a thing we can't really know what's happening behind the curtains.

And these things are something of what I don't want to know, unlike that one question...

___

Seriously, Amazon's a freaking Trollazon. I'm just happy I managed to save few issues I didn't have already before they entered to the limbo of sorts.

Well, for me it sounded like they're referring especially -if not exclusively- to the game cast, like how they brought up Blaze. People were complaining she wasn't around enough and now she's coming in pretty early in IDW run.

I'm serious, that guy's a PR man after all, of course he'll try to get advantage of situations like this, don't waste your money on that old stuff, you can buy the new stuff instead, *insert gamecharacterplug*. And he's every right to do so, I know, it's his job after all, it's actually what he MUST do. So this isn't anything personal really, I suppose he's a nice guy and all but his job's annoying to me. It's prolly the unavoidable annoyment since they need PR folks to spread the word and all... I can always choose not to pay attention to his market-talk anymore than the obligatory minimum after all.

Seriously, American marketing manages to get me freaking pissed...

And if they say "stay tuned" one more time I swear...

When I first watched it, the Blaze mention felt like he was trying to cover his tracks.. Someone wrote that they were excited and needed to catch up with the comics.. Aaron responded that the old comic storyline wont matter, that it's a fresh start, but if you know some of the original old characters then you might see some faces you recognize.. Then suddenly started talking about Blaze.. It's a really odd transition.. To someone whose been a fan of Sonic since the genesis days, as Aaron also is, Blaze doesn't seem like an old character at all.. She was introduced in the last console generation.. o.o; and she isn't exactly a character that would jump out at me when discussing elements of the Archie and IDW comics.. If he did just mean game characters then it was worded pretty badly.. >.>;;

• Nice Smile 1

For one, Blaze is probably the most relevant reference right now because she's the only one formally revealed outside of the classic quartet. For another, Sonic Rush is 13 years old this year, that counts as old at this point. 

• Thumbs Up 4

21 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

For one, Blaze is probably the most relevant reference right now because she's the only one formally revealed outside of the classic quartet. For another, Sonic Rush is 13 years old this year, that counts as old at this point. 

....christ where has the time gone...

yeah I do have to agree, anything over 10 years old is pretty much counted as "old" at this point.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

Amazon have cancelled my order for Sonic Universe #95 and Sonic the Hedgehog #291. Thanks for getting my hopes up Amazon.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, goku262002 said:

....christ where has the time gone...

yeah I do have to agree, anything over 10 years old is pretty much counted as "old" at this point.

geez man, we're all really old

• Nice Smile 1

5 hours ago, Spinneret said:

Probably my favorite Archie Sonic moment, from issue 220.

qrdmkRx.png

HJr8ivk.png

Yeah, that was a great moment. Especially since Mogul is otherwise a more refined villain. :grin: 

• Thumbs Up 4

They stopped sending me issues a few months back when I specifically asked them to stop and just send a full refund.  ...But I still haven't received the refund itself despite prodding them about it every so often. =/

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

They stopped sending me issues a few months back when I specifically asked them to stop and just send a full refund.  ...But I still haven't received the refund itself despite prodding them about it every so often. =/

Have you tried asking for a digital refund? 

5 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Have you tried asking for a digital refund? 

I guess I could, though that'd require them to actually reply to me, which they haven't done in months.  Can't hurt to try, though.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Okay, so Cosmo Issue #1 just came in the mail today. And I apparently have 10 issues left.

And considering that series just got demoted to a 5-issue miniseries, get ready to recieve 6 issues of another new series afterward.

• Nice Smile 1

16 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

And considering that series just got demoted to a 5-issue miniseries, get ready to recieve 6 issues of another new series afterward.

Oh damn, was it not selling or something?

And what series would they send me afterwards that would be convenient?

• Nice Smile 1

Completed my main series archie Sonic set today, I've officially got every comic released. Now I get to read them all! ?

Now to try for the Knuckles series, will be difficult though as they don't appear in the UK often.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

On 30.1.2018 at 8:59 AM, Spinneret said:

Probably my favorite Archie Sonic moment, from issue 220.

qrdmkRx.png

HJr8ivk.png

Oh yes, especially Geoff's face in the last panel, "seriously you're breaking my back already and we haven't even started" or something.

On 1.2.2018 at 12:57 AM, Ernest-Panda said:

Well gee, I suppose their huge campaign didn't work out.

Well, that's what one gets with investing into teen drama with 99% of their resources for ~1 year without anyrthing from the "action" line I suppose. But hey, at least they tried.

On 1.2.2018 at 1:15 AM, DabigRG said:

Oh damn, was it not selling or something?

And what series would they send me afterwards that would be convenient?

If it's "Riverdale" we should really raise the cat on the table, like in a real spectacular way. Getting attention would be the only thing at that point I suppose.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

If it's "Riverdale" we should really raise the cat on the table, like in a real spectacular way. Getting attention would be the only thing at that point I suppose.

It better not be Riverdale. I know very little about Archie to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 2