Jump to content
Toby

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Recommended Posts

Say, does anyone from Bumbleking remember this?

Quote

The SCO story starts with Sonic piloting the classic Tornado while he escapes from Scrap Brain Zone with the Swatbots chasing him, Tails is nowhere to be seen. Sonic lands on "Mount Robotnik", on the first floor he is looking for a capsule but a robot, "Scorpius", finds him, though Sonic knocks him out easily and smashes the capsule; Sally pops up and asks Sonic what happened to the city, Sonic doesn't answer as Scorpius reappears and the battle resumes while a mysterious silhouette is spying them.

Any idea where that originally came from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aw well. At some point once the series and characters are established we'll get great stuff like this in the IDW comic.

...I mean, sans the Freedom Fighters. Maybe. I mean, I dunno. Heck, maybe we'll get this storyline down the road if they ever get reintroduced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Aw well. At some point once the series and characters are established we'll get great stuff like this in the IDW comic.

...I mean, sans the Freedom Fighters. Maybe. I mean, I dunno. Heck, maybe we'll get this storyline down the road if they ever get reintroduced.

If they were to be reintroduced, they'll probably get new backstories again. New continuity, and all that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished the Knuckles comic series for the first time in a while.

Honestly, while it has its faults, I still think it holds up. Penders' dialogue, while needlessly flowery, can be pretty darn funny at times. Knuckles in particular has some great one-liners. I also think Penders did a good job mixing slice-of-life and character moments with action. I'm not surprised people loved it back in the day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been thinking lately, Blaze’s story in the post-SGW canon up to Pirate Plunder Panic would be a lot more interesting if it was a mix of her game appearances and her pre-SGW story.

For example:

  • The events of, or events similar to Sonic Rush happens. Blaze’s search for the Sol Emeralds starts here.
  • Events similar to Sonic Rush Adventure happens. Here it’s more or less the same as how it played out in the old canon (as shown in SU#1): Sonic and Blaze battle “Dr. Nega”, and Blaze still hasn’t found all the emeralds yet.
  • Next, Blaze returns to Sonic’s world when she learns there’s a Sol Emerald hidden in Eggman’s amusement part (Sonic Colours DS), she is helped out by Amy and Cream. Maybe a psuedo-Treasure Team Tango story occurs here.
  • Blaze sticks around on Sonic’s world, eventually attending Sonic’s birthday party and being pulled into the Time Eater stuff.
  • Blaze returns to her dimension, where she remains until the events of Worlds Collide.
  • Worlds Collide and PPP happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I’ve been thinking lately, Blaze’s story in the post-SGW canon up to Pirate Plunder Panic would be a lot more interesting if it was a mix of her game appearances and her pre-SGW story.

For example:

  • The events of, or events similar to Sonic Rush happens. Blaze’s search for the Sol Emeralds starts here.
  • Events similar to Sonic Rush Adventure happens. Here it’s more or less the same as how it played out in the old canon (as shown in SU#1): Sonic and Blaze battle “Dr. Nega”, and Blaze still hasn’t found all the emeralds yet.
  • Next, Blaze returns to Sonic’s world when she learns there’s a Sol Emerald hidden in Eggman’s amusement part (Sonic Colours DS), she is helped out by Amy and Cream. Maybe a psuedo-Treasure Team Tango story occurs here.
  • Blaze sticks around on Sonic’s world, eventually attending Sonic’s birthday party and being pulled into the Time Eater stuff.
  • Blaze returns to her dimension, where she remains until the events of Worlds Collide.
  • Worlds Collide and PPP happens.

What about the events of SU#1? Metal Sonic is still in her world as Captain Metal, even implying the events of that issue. So that means that story, even if it's pre-reboot, must have happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still bitter over the STH #252 reboot because of how so many characters such as Geoffrey St. John, Julie-Su, Saffron Bee, Lien-Da, Fiona Fox, Hershey the Cat, and many others with potential were removed. Some characters could have even used more development, and now they won't ever get it because of the reboot. Even if it's super duper unlikely, I would like to see select pre-reboot characters make it into IDW Sonic in the future sometime after 2020. Or better yet, maybe they all could appear in some future Sonic cartoon show or spinoff Sonic game series. Of course, they might have to get rights from the creators of those characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, NiTROACTiVE said:

I'm still bitter over the STH #252 reboot because of how so many characters such as Geoffrey St. John, Julie-Su, Saffron Bee, Lien-Da, Fiona Fox, Hershey the Cat, and many others with potential were removed. Some characters could have even used more development, and now they won't ever get it because of the reboot. Even if it's super duper unlikely, I would like to see select pre-reboot characters make it into IDW Sonic in the future sometime after 2020. Or better yet, maybe they all could appear in some future Sonic cartoon show or spinoff Sonic game series. Of course, they might have to get rights from the creators of those characters.

Yeah, that last part... I don't think the creators, ESPECIALLY Penders, are EVER giving up their creations. Besides, Ian said it's already highly unlikely that he'll be able to continue the REBOOT, so the chances of the preboot being continued (officially, at least) are next to nil. I'm sorry I sound harsh, but it's just the bitter cold truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.