Jump to content
Toby

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, SBR2 said:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

It is, I didn't want to read a jobber and a emotional time bomb that was virtually Knuckles 2.0 in all but being a bit more cocky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two things about SU 9-12.

1) The biggest letdown is team-up with Finitevus. It's surprising, makes SWEET looking cover... and they do nothing with it. LITERALLY nothing. He doesn't lift a finger to help them, doesn't talk with Knuckles, NOTHING. It's one of biggest wasted potential in whole Archie Sonic ever.

And to add insult to injury, they find out he's traitor and go with dumbest plan to catch him (wait and split). Which fails. Oh no, how could this happened?

2) Super Ray.

image.png.3d240aa2d0ac2b75b6227bc7937b55d8.png

OH, HOW IRONIC FATE CAN BE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot Silver was in 30 years later.

Gotta love naked Romani Cream and K'nox in a tuxedo with that screwhead eye & boxing gloxes.

12 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I didn't understand why Ray suddenly had this weird stutter that he definitely didn't have before

Mr. Flynn had a trend about reinstating key character traits and/or design elements that had become forgotten/abandoned over time. Geoffrey is a good example of both.

3 hours ago, silvereye27 said:

And you are definetly right about that reporter cat, I just took as them trying to make an info dump interesting.

 

That'd be my thought as well.

Also, she's apparently one of the orphan trio Rosie looks after.

3 hours ago, silvereye27 said:

 

You are right about Ray suddenly stuttering out of nowhere though.

Oh really? I assumed it was something he had early on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Also, she's apparently one of the orphan trio Rosie looks after.

Yep, that was the Light Mobius equivalent to little orphan Sasha. She does have a different eye color in this timeline though.

 

She went and did pretty good for herself ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

I forgot Silver was in 30 years later.

Gotta love naked Romani Cream and K'nox in a tuxedo with that screwhead eye & boxing gloxes.

Mr. Flynn had a trend about reinstating key character traits and/or design elements that had become forgotten/abandoned over time. Geoffrey is a good example of both.

That'd be my thought as well.

Also, she's apparently one of the orphan trio Rosie looks after.

Oh really? I assumed it was something he had early on.

"naked Romani Cream"? Sorry but what do you mean?

Huh, neat detail. Would never of noticed about her.

I mean, I could be wrong, to be honest the only other time I remember Ray doing anything of significance is that weird Sega Sonic B story from the Knuckles comic where Mighty and Ray were in some kind of Eggman internment camp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

I'd say the eye colour was the least obvious difference. 

If I had to guess, the 30YL design could just be SEGA-ified realization that was intended to stick and carry over at one point.

1 hour ago, silvereye27 said:

"naked Romani Cream"? Sorry but what do you mean?

Huh, neat detail. Would never of noticed about her.

 

Z9QrdJL.jpg

1 hour ago, silvereye27 said:

 

Huh, neat detail. Would never of noticed about her.

 

 Rosie herself was always one of the more backgroundy side characters.

1 hour ago, silvereye27 said:

 

I mean, I could be wrong, to be honest the only other time I remember Ray doing anything of significance is that weird Sega Sonic B story from the Knuckles comic where Mighty and Ray were in some kind of Eggman internment camp.

That's fair. I'm blankin as well outside of his(and Safron's) redesign around 134.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

 Rosie herself was always one of the more backgroundy side characters. 

That's fair. I'm blankin as well outside of his(and Safron's) redesign around 134. 

Was Rosie in Satam? She is a good background character though, I do like it when she turns up.

Turns out I'm wrong. I went ahead and looked up that Sega Sonic B story from Knuckles #26-#28, and lo and behold. I also remember a B story from issue #169 where Ray gets a couple of lines, and yup, he has the stutter there too. He also turns up in issues #189 and #190 with his redesign, but he doesn't actually say anything.

LeMEFs0.jpg

NQ9DArj.jpg

He also turns up in issues #189 and #190 with his redesign, but he doesn't actually say anything. I actually really like Ray's redesign, I think I actually prefer it to his original look. It does make him look a little bit like Tails with a blue jacket though. Proof my memory isn't great, but to be fair, Ray has been a very minor character up to this story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, silvereye27 said:

I think you should do it. Like I said a while ago, I'm going into this as a new reader, and it is pretty fascinating seeing the highs and lows. Would be interesting to hear the perspective of someone who read the comics when they were coming out.

I think I might try it. I have all the stuff from 160 and above in comic binders but the rest I'll most likely have to borrow from the internet. I honestly haven't given much of the early stuff a once over really. I was starting to back when the book was cancelled but I trailed off on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I think I might try it. I have all the stuff from 160 and above in comic binders but the rest I'll most likely have to borrow from the internet. I honestly haven't given much of the early stuff a once over really. I was starting to back when the book was cancelled but I trailed off on it.  

Cool stuff, I personally think most of the stuff from #1-#50 is solid, with the various specials and mini series. That's a good collection, I actually bought some covers and cardboard for the IDW issues to properly store them once I've read through them a few times. Still waiting on issues #7 and #8, my supplier said there was a clerical problem. I hope they come before #9 comes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So quick question—was I the only one that actually found Mobius: 30YL stories at least decent, but only when Ian and his team did them?

Cuz often times I feel like I’m one of the few that enjoyed them somewhat, even tho I agree with everyone else finding it boring when Penders began the story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

So quick question—was I the only one that actually found Mobius: 30YL stories at least decent, but only when Ian and his team did them?

Cuz often times I feel like I’m one of the few that enjoyed them somewhat, even tho I agree with everyone else finding it boring when Penders began the story.

I enjoyed M30YL, I wrote a review of it on the previous page. TBH I just look at it as a fun "what if?" story rather than the true canon future of the Archie universe. (Especially since presumably it gets wiped out with all the Penders stuff later on anyway.) Yeah, the Penders M25YL is a bit of a meandering mess, which seems more interested in Penders original Echidna characters rather than actually seeing the future of any of the characters we care about. I definetly look at the original M25YL as the best summary of his writing flaws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

So quick question—was I the only one that actually found Mobius: 30YL stories at least decent, but only when Ian and his team did them?

Cuz often times I feel like I’m one of the few that enjoyed them somewhat, even tho I agree with everyone else finding it boring when Penders began the story.

Eh, I like some of the general ideas in them, particularly the wilder ones, but I can see why most can feel them to be a  specie wayside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, silvereye27 said:

LeMEFs0.jpg

Is it bad that my second thought when looking at this is that someone edited the second panel to a make a Pender's mouth meme, only to realize that his the actual art?

Also, what happened to Ray's stomach in the first panel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Is it bad that my second thought when looking at this is that someone edited the second panel to a make a Pender's mouth meme, only to realize that his the actual art?

Also, what happened to Ray's stomach in the first panel?

I wanna say this was Manny Galen or whoever, but I don't immediately recall.

 

Also, remember Ray wore a collar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Is it bad that my second thought when looking at this is that someone edited the second panel to a make a Pender's mouth meme, only to realize that his the actual art?

Also, what happened to Ray's stomach in the first panel?

According to the issue, the penciler is Manny Galan, Penders only wrote the story apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't sleep, so might as well type up another few comic reviews. I kindof got a bit ahead with Universe but have been keeping up with the main Sonic comics too. The Sonic comic from #201 onwards has been really focusing on this Iron Dominion storyline, and with me at #214 and the fact that Universe #13-#16 is also dedicated to it, it definetly seems to be a fairly epic storyline. I think I may try and hold off on reviewing the Iron Dominion storyline until I reach the end of it. Anyway, may as well recount the last 4 issues I need to cover before the Iron Dominion storyline kicks off.

Also, slightly random, but do you think it might be a good idea if I make a thread in the Showcase section with my Archie reviews rather than here? Or should I just post them here, or maybe even both? I don't want to come across as clogging up this thread with my ramblings.

#197: A bit of an inbetween issue after the events of Mobius vs Moebius and before the 3 parter leading up to the 200th issue. We've got 2 stories here as we see Sonic take a captive Scourge through the Cosmic Interstate, so that he can be held prisoner for causing troubles across multiple dimensions. Scourge tries to escape but with the help of zone cops Zespio and Zector, they catch him and lock him up. The Cosmic Interstate is in a big mess due to Eggman Nega causing massive problems, with the Zone cops busy fighting him and limiting Sonic's universe to only being able to access a few other universes. Sonic also acts why Zonic can't arrest Eggman because he comes from another dimension after replacing the dead Robotnik, but it is revealed that he is needed for cosmic stability.

Sally has to deal with beaucracy, because as it turned out, she disobeyed orders from the royal council when she attacked the Moebius invaders rather than focus her attention on attacking Eggman. Hamlin, a character from that Sally mini series from way way back, is out for her, being bitter about having just been a "forgotten" substitute Freedom Fighter. Sally wins however when she says that she needs to be able to make her own decisions in dire circumstances, rather than be micro managed by the royal council, which everyone but Hamlin concedes on. Makes me wonder if he'll turn out to be the traitor Silver was talking about.

The B story is a Black Knight tie-in, continuing the recent trend of not being canon within the comics. Not much to say really, again like the Sonic Chronicles one, it just seems to be an adaptation of the game's intro. I honestly know next to nothing about Black Knight's plot since I havn't played it, aside from the King Arthur theme. I guess in the game Knuckles, Shadow and Blaze are a bunch of evil knights?

A decent issue, again a bit of an inbetween one. Especially when we have 3 plots with Sonic, Sally and the B story tying into the Black Knight. Not much to say really, I guess it was neat they explained the plot hole of why the zone cops can't deal with Eggman, not that I really minded. I guess it sets up Eggman Nega's presence as a possible threat for the future. Not sure how much I can really buy the idea that the royal council could have Sally, a princess, tried for treason or insubordination. I think if the royal council did vote for her to be jailed it would cause everyone to riot and I can't imagine Sonic would let Sally be incarcerated.

#198-#200: The Eggman Empire falls as Sonic and the Freedom Fighters and the Chaotix make a final assault against the final city. In #198, they fight the Dark Legion who are woefully underprepared for the attack, especially when using a device, Tails is able to knock out all of their weapons. However, Eggman attacks with his latest deadly toy, the Phoenix, an aircraft with flamethrowers. Sonic and co are able to defeat it by having several characters punch Sonic up into the stratosphere, causing the Phoenix to put out its flames, have the flight characters put EMPs on it, and when it gets close enough to the ground, Tails deactivates it. A pretty simple but fun action story, as it sets up the FFs about to attack Eggman's base the next day. Also Sonic helps Shadow out between #198 and #199 in Sonic Universe #2.

#199 has everyone attack the base, with the Dark Legion making plans with Snively to betray Eggman but look like they are still on his side. We get lots of cool little moments here, with callbacks to issue #50 when Eggman was last properly defeated, Julie-Su and Vector save each others lives which is a nice moment. Espio and Mighty get saved by Charmy, Saffron and Ray, which they remark noticing how far they have come as kids, Bunnie and Antoine have a little romantic moment, it does help set up how much this story is a big deal with Eggman's looming defeat, and how we'll have a new set of bad guys from #201 onwards. The Dark Legion purposelly retreats, and forces Sonic to go in alone through a barricade to fight Dr Eggman one on one, with him saying goodbye to everyone as he enters the room, and prepares for the final battle in #200.

#200 keeps things very simple, and it works because of it. For most of the issue, it is Sonic and Eggman fighting in a robot mech, trading insults, as the 2 fight it out for what maybe the last time. The action is good, Sonic is one his top form as Eggman slowly grows more desperate, his mech getting more dangerous and more unpredictable, until finally Sonic blows it up. Sonic is about to gloat, but Eggman completely loses it, his eyes black and red, screaming in madness. It's... actually pretty distressing to read honestly. You really feel it when Sonic realises that Eggman has snapped, and that he is basically responsible.

7hB5ZFS.jpg

Snively comes in, telling Sonic and Sally that they've won, and that he just wants to be left alone with Eggman to care for him. Sonic and Sally oblige out of guilt, not realising Snively's plan to take over the remains of the empire, and with a new leader, the Iron Queen of the Iron Dominion, setting up the next major antagonist, with Eggman locked in a padded cell in the basement, while the Freedom Fighters return home to celebrate.

Pretty great anniversary issue I think. Great action, great dialogue, #199 gives alot of moments to the supporting characters. It ends in a satisfying way while setting up the next major arc. I really enjoy this story, and reading the next bunch of issues so far, I think it leads to a breath of fresh air with Eggman out of the picture for a while.

Also, since we were talking about Ray, Ray gets lines in #198 and #199, and he doesn't stutter. Not only that, but he seems to start the battle in his classic design in #198, but then suddenly returns to his redesign in #199. The artists were different for those comics, so a bit of a continuity flub? (Why am I suddenly obsessing over Ray the Flying Squirrel's continuity?)

lBOkywE.jpg

5tCANmi.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2018 at 2:40 AM, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

So quick question—was I the only one that actually found Mobius: 30YL stories at least decent, but only when Ian and his team did them?

Cuz often times I feel like I’m one of the few that enjoyed them somewhat, even tho I agree with everyone else finding it boring when Penders began the story.

No you are not. I enjoyed them alot. And it tried its best to explain that M25YL story from the unclear parts. I liked that arc.

...

FYI, I do enjoy that House of Cards too. Tails' parents just had strong opinions, and considering how much stuff was going on, I can see how some people would like to take the power to their own hands seeing how "gutless" the ruling guys were and all. Not that I'd call it a good solution, but I think I can see from where they're coming from.

And I think Amadeus was kinda cool... don't look at me like that.

...

And it's nice to hear you finally got the Sonic Comics you wanted in the form of IDW, @Dr. Detective Mike. It's nice to know all this wasn't in vain, I'm genuinely happy about the fact and it makes me feel a bit better about the matter.

Really, I'm serious, I'm not bitching.

Seriously. I mean every word!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2018 at 11:13 PM, silvereye27 said:

Can't sleep, so might as well type up another few comic reviews. I kindof got a bit ahead with Universe but have been keeping up with the main Sonic comics too. The Sonic comic from #201 onwards has been really focusing on this Iron Dominion storyline, and with me at #214 and the fact that Universe #13-#16 is also dedicated to it, it definetly seems to be a fairly epic storyline. I think I may try and hold off on reviewing the Iron Dominion storyline until I reach the end of it. Anyway, may as well recount the last 4 issues I need to cover before the Iron Dominion storyline kicks off.

Also, slightly random, but do you think it might be a good idea if I make a thread in the Showcase section with my Archie reviews rather than here? Or should I just post them here, or maybe even both? I don't want to come across as clogging up this thread with my ramblings.

#197: A bit of an inbetween issue after the events of Mobius vs Moebius and before the 3 parter leading up to the 200th issue. We've got 2 stories here as we see Sonic take a captive Scourge through the Cosmic Interstate, so that he can be held prisoner for causing troubles across multiple dimensions. Scourge tries to escape but with the help of zone cops Zespio and Zector, they catch him and lock him up. The Cosmic Interstate is in a big mess due to Eggman Nega causing massive problems, with the Zone cops busy fighting him and limiting Sonic's universe to only being able to access a few other universes. Sonic also acts why Zonic can't arrest Eggman because he comes from another dimension after replacing the dead Robotnik, but it is revealed that he is needed for cosmic stability.

Sally has to deal with beaucracy, because as it turned out, she disobeyed orders from the royal council when she attacked the Moebius invaders rather than focus her attention on attacking Eggman. Hamlin, a character from that Sally mini series from way way back, is out for her, being bitter about having just been a "forgotten" substitute Freedom Fighter. Sally wins however when she says that she needs to be able to make her own decisions in dire circumstances, rather than be micro managed by the royal council, which everyone but Hamlin concedes on. Makes me wonder if he'll turn out to be the traitor Silver was talking about.

The B story is a Black Knight tie-in, continuing the recent trend of not being canon within the comics. Not much to say really, again like the Sonic Chronicles one, it just seems to be an adaptation of the game's intro. I honestly know next to nothing about Black Knight's plot since I havn't played it, aside from the King Arthur theme. I guess in the game Knuckles, Shadow and Blaze are a bunch of evil knights?

A decent issue, again a bit of an inbetween one. Especially when we have 3 plots with Sonic, Sally and the B story tying into the Black Knight. Not much to say really, I guess it was neat they explained the plot hole of why the zone cops can't deal with Eggman, not that I really minded. I guess it sets up Eggman Nega's presence as a possible threat for the future. Not sure how much I can really buy the idea that the royal council could have Sally, a princess, tried for treason or insubordination. I think if the royal council did vote for her to be jailed it would cause everyone to riot and I can't imagine Sonic would let Sally be incarcerated.

#198-#200: The Eggman Empire falls as Sonic and the Freedom Fighters and the Chaotix make a final assault against the final city. In #198, they fight the Dark Legion who are woefully underprepared for the attack, especially when using a device, Tails is able to knock out all of their weapons. However, Eggman attacks with his latest deadly toy, the Phoenix, an aircraft with flamethrowers. Sonic and co are able to defeat it by having several characters punch Sonic up into the stratosphere, causing the Phoenix to put out its flames, have the flight characters put EMPs on it, and when it gets close enough to the ground, Tails deactivates it. A pretty simple but fun action story, as it sets up the FFs about to attack Eggman's base the next day. Also Sonic helps Shadow out between #198 and #199 in Sonic Universe #2.

#199 has everyone attack the base, with the Dark Legion making plans with Snively to betray Eggman but look like they are still on his side. We get lots of cool little moments here, with callbacks to issue #50 when Eggman was last properly defeated, Julie-Su and Vector save each others lives which is a nice moment. Espio and Mighty get saved by Charmy, Saffron and Ray, which they remark noticing how far they have come as kids, Bunnie and Antoine have a little romantic moment, it does help set up how much this story is a big deal with Eggman's looming defeat, and how we'll have a new set of bad guys from #201 onwards. The Dark Legion purposelly retreats, and forces Sonic to go in alone through a barricade to fight Dr Eggman one on one, with him saying goodbye to everyone as he enters the room, and prepares for the final battle in #200.

#200 keeps things very simple, and it works because of it. For most of the issue, it is Sonic and Eggman fighting in a robot mech, trading insults, as the 2 fight it out for what maybe the last time. The action is good, Sonic is one his top form as Eggman slowly grows more desperate, his mech getting more dangerous and more unpredictable, until finally Sonic blows it up. Sonic is about to gloat, but Eggman completely loses it, his eyes black and red, screaming in madness. It's... actually pretty distressing to read honestly. You really feel it when Sonic realises that Eggman has snapped, and that he is basically responsible.

7hB5ZFS.jpg

Snively comes in, telling Sonic and Sally that they've won, and that he just wants to be left alone with Eggman to care for him. Sonic and Sally oblige out of guilt, not realising Snively's plan to take over the remains of the empire, and with a new leader, the Iron Queen of the Iron Dominion, setting up the next major antagonist, with Eggman locked in a padded cell in the basement, while the Freedom Fighters return home to celebrate.

Pretty great anniversary issue I think. Great action, great dialogue, #199 gives alot of moments to the supporting characters. It ends in a satisfying way while setting up the next major arc. I really enjoy this story, and reading the next bunch of issues so far, I think it leads to a breath of fresh air with Eggman out of the picture for a while.

Also, since we were talking about Ray, Ray gets lines in #198 and #199, and he doesn't stutter. Not only that, but he seems to start the battle in his classic design in #198, but then suddenly returns to his redesign in #199. The artists were different for those comics, so a bit of a continuity flub? (Why am I suddenly obsessing over Ray the Flying Squirrel's continuity?)

I hate this page for the fact, Sonic as a character can't be taken seriously(because he's always been shitty to eggman in a cheeky way) when his character himself doesn't take himself seriously or is written as too over the top and mainly a Childish Invincible Hero that operates on pure coolness and being a immature teen. Sonic never cared about offending others with his banter, it's written like Sonic has no idea how to behave against a situation his mouth and his cocky ways just made him feel bad for the first time against an enemy he's always provoked like this. Sonic is a mean ass kid, this isn't new, but the fact of the matter is, it's just not organic that his behavior has elements of being pretty much mature, and is aware enough that he knows when to shut up and act like a responsible heroic ideal. Sonic's childish banter is no different than anything he says from the past reguarding Eggman or even shadow, he's written as such to such a peak of youthfulness and sharpened confidence, he isn't really pure of heart or special in being what the comic think he's about, a inspirational figure of peace. He's "pure chaos" and Sonic's problem when hes written is he's relative to how children act and want to think, but it's not a real believable flaw thats consistent in making Sonic human, since Sonic just showed that up until now, he really is virtually is a petty ignorant teenage brat that doesn't really give a shit about growing up and working on his attitude.

It's panels like these that need to emphasize Sonic's actual age and mindset as a big fault to him, that he isn't mature enough to full comprehend that his devil may care attitude isn't always necessary or even pratical, that he's not always the most "suitably" mature hero to boast to his enemies or his rivals since he only looks more like a shitty person. He's still a kid, in a sense he looked like a teenage villain who takes pleasure in making his opponents look bad, Sonic is always a cocksure self bragging hedonist that barely has the emotional stature to introspect himself and his rash decisions. It looked like a asshole teenager picking on the elderly what he did to Eggman. This comic is based on the premise Sonic says and does what ever he feels like in the attempt to feel like the biggest and coolest hero that has everything going his way, thats not only the sign of a immature sense of wish fufillment than a proper character flaw. Sonic doesn't feel bad for long about Eggman, and is back to his quippy self in the next issue, but the writing never addresses Sonic being too much unsuitably childish and ignorant about stuff the characters won't intervene about. Sonic was always treated like an well situated adult by other characters as a hero, but no one calls him out and barely repreminds his obvious teenage mindset and tells him to cut that shit out, never even when he gets his way. Sonic is in a sense the ultimate kid hero, he barely interacts any adult manner and fucking sees himself barely as a man that has to judge with hard delimas, this was panel shows that Sonic is no way a actual aspiring heroic figure that the comic suggests he is, he's just an boy with a big mouth. It feels unnatural other characters who are teenagers like Sonic act like veteran superheroes and sonic is the only "kid appeal" hero and functions off being the snarky childish one that characters take seriously. It's poor writing to make the main lead the only one who gets to make himself the main voice of the readers kids want to relate to in a story where everyone minus tails has to be stereotypical straight man.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Sonic doesn't feel bad for long about Eggman, and is back to his quippy self in the next issue, but the writing never addresses Sonic being too much unsuitably childish and ignorant about stuff the characters won't intervene about.

As soon as the next issue begins, he's still thinking about what happened

RCO002.jpgRCO003.jpg

Also, when Eggman manages to free himself while still crazy, Sonic actually takes it easy on him. Even though Eggman was armed and dangerous.

RCO013.jpgRCO014.jpgRCO015.jpgRCO016.jpgRCO017.jpg

When someone else asks him about it...

RCO017.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

As soon as the next issue begins, he's still thinking about what happened

RCO002.jpgRCO003.jpg

Also, when Eggman manages to free himself while still crazy, Sonic actually takes it easy on him. Even though Eggman was armed and dangerous.

RCO013.jpgRCO014.jpgRCO015.jpgRCO016.jpgRCO017.jpg

When someone else asks him about it...

RCO017.jpg

Yeah, proof that Sonic is written on the tip of the tongue depending on the plot. He back to making cracks at villains the next issue and pretty doesn't change how he acts around his rivals.

Sonic's a perpetual Pete Pan complex in a story where complex adult situations happen and he's like the most innocently/impulsively child like in how to conduct his problems in front of him. I don't feel bad for Sonic one bit, he has not earned it and is not a character that I see introspecting/maturing his attitude for long since the stories are episodic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Yeah, proof that Sonic is written on the tip of the tongue depending on the plot. He back to making cracks at villains the next issue and pretty doesn't change how he acts around his rivals.

Sonic's a perpetual Pete Pan complex in a story where complex adult situations happen and he's like the most innocently/impulsively child like in how to conduct his problems in front of him. I don't feel bad for Sonic one bit, he has not earned it and is not a character that I see introspecting/maturing his attitude for long since the stories are episodic.

At least Sonic didn't let Vector eat Eggman.

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Is it me or does the fact that the characters kind of disregard Sonic's feelings about Eggman's mental breakdown kind of rub me the wrong way?

In #201, I can kind of see why Sally was trying to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I'm not really surprised about the reaction of the characters, with how Eggman is in pre-reboot Archie. It's not that Monkey Khan and the others are really dismissing Sonic's feeling, it's that for most of them it's not easy for them to really understand it. Eggman basically destroyed the life of most of the character talking here, they lost familly or important people because of him, he is responsible for the death of thousands, he enslaved entire countries with his roboticization and was controlling a big chunk of the world when Sonic broke him. I kind understand why for them, how Sonic is showing some sympathy to Eggman is really hard to really grasp. For them Eggman is basically a monster.

 

Sonic is far from being the only character that act like an adolescent in ArchieSonic. Knuckles issues with his father (even if there were founded, it had terrible consequences), Mina and Nicole problems, most of Silver's arc is related to him acting too fast (and we could mention how he act first during his battle vs Enerjak during Silver Saga). (and TBH, Sonic is shown maturing during post-reboot, the hard way)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.