Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

But if Shadow and Blaze DID have kids, those would be some overpowered muthafucka. Able to use both the Chaos Emeralds AND the Sol Emeralds? Oh, how the laws of the universe could be made their bitch! :lol:

Don't forget they can be prone to having amnesia and 24/7 angsting sessions :B !

Though now thinking of it, Shadow probably isn't going into a relationship anytime soon. Knowing that he is seeming like the lone wolf of the franchise. Not to mention he is 50 years old and doesn't seem to age is another problem. What if that trait doesn't pass onto the next generation? Shadow would outlive any of his relatives including his wife, and it would be like a curse to him and be all depressing. He probably have realized it by now or might come to grips with it in the near future. Another factor relating to being a science project is there is a chance somewhere along the lines something could cause him to be unstable in a cellular or molecular kind of sense despite being the Ultimate Lifeform and all, and could be a ticking time bomb, being a threat to everyone around him if it does or could happen.

Just my two cents on the whole thing.

Edited by AdventChild

Far as kids go, I still think the future is headed towards 30YL. I know it's only a possible future, but Silver ends up there when looking for his traitor. I also know what Ian says but he's wrong. I guess we'll find out once this current nonsense arc is over!

Edited by Immortheus

You know, one thing that bugs me about Fang in the comics (and this is very petty) is that he's drawn with one too many fingers. In all of the official art he is missing a finger, which is kind of related to some kind of Japanese mafia practice, IIRC.

So yeah, it's jarring to see him with that extra finger. :|a

Don't forget they can be prone to having amnesia and 24/7 angsting sessions :B !

That happened ONCE dammit! ONCE! [/crazy]

Although with Shadow and Blaze both being somewhat socially reserved compared to everyone else, there may be some angst inherited...

...provided they were being to strict with themselves when they grew up

...or didn't have many friends growing up

...or had some strict sense of trust

...or had their first close friend killed in front of them

...or fell to the Earth trying to save it

...or were programed to destroy the Earth in the beginning

...okay, I'm done.

That happened ONCE dammit! ONCE! [/crazy]

Although with Shadow and Blaze both being somewhat socially reserved compared to everyone else, there may be some angst inherited...

...provided they were being to strict with themselves when they grew up

...or didn't have many friends growing up

...or had some strict sense of trust

...or had their first close friend killed in front of them

...or fell to the Earth trying to save it

...or were programed to destroy the Earth in the beginning

...okay, I'm done.

I think Blaze can be motherly if she needs to be. Shadow on the other hand would pull a Vegeta; He'll be distant and Cold, but if someone messes with his child, he'll wreck your shit.

The preview pages for StH #220 are up.

sth220_0.jpg

sth220_1.jpg

sth220_2.jpg

sth220_3.jpg

sth220_4.jpg

sth220_5.jpg

At long last, Ixis Naugus is back! Woo-hoo! ... Why, yes, I do like him. How could you tell? =P

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to say that Feist's new sketchy design adds to his presence. He seems less solid and more flickering. It's a nice effect for a god of a zone to have.

St John must have a brilliant plan if it can keep a reawakened Naugus under control. Either that or he really mis understood the wizard.

Interesting point in the fan mail bit of Universe 23. It hints that Scourge may be returning.

That's Scourge, Sonic's evil doppelganger. wouldn't it be nice to see ol' scourgey again ::cough::

Interesting, it will be very nice to see where restoring Naugus backfires horribly, because we all know it will. Should be nice to see Lien-Da's story as well possibly get an insight into what Eggman is planing.

Super Rayzor of Bumbleking Forums got StH #220 early! For those who want spoilers courtesy of him, here they are... (it continues from right after the preview pages)

Naugus gives a speech that all should fear him, yada, yada, yada, and after a smug remark from Mogul, Naugus says after all the indignity Mogul has "much to answer for!" Geoff calls Naugus master and says they should fall back as Naugus is still recovering and there is much to be catched up on; however, Naugus grabs Geoff by the neck with his claw yelling, "'Prepare for my return,' I said! 'Ensure the Kingdom stands,' I said! 'Remove the Acorns,' I said!!!" However, Geoff teleports, yes teleports, outta Naugus' claw and reminds him that the Kingdom sorta exists, Mobotropolis still exists for Naugus' taking, the Acorns were necessary for stability sakes, and that he needs Geoff if he's to regain "his" throne because he's a strategist and Naugus' "brute magical force" won't get him what he wants. He also reminds Naugus that while all the time Naugus has been incapacitated time and again, he has been active.

After a little back and forth, between Geoff, Mogul, and Naugus, Naugus tells Mogul they will settle their score and Mogul agrees but not today; Naugus bids his apprentice to come and prepare for Sonic to which Geoff said he shot him in the back. This elicits an amused look from both Ixis masters while Geoff has a "What?" look on his face before they both bellow with laughter; this alone quells Naugus' anger as he slaps Geoff across the back with his claw eliciting a painful expression from Geoff as he thanks his master.

We skip to Sonic as he continues to fall which does not amuse Feist; Sonic points out he can't do much else and says since Feist is the one with godlike powers he should do something. Feist agrees and tells Sonic if he shows his skill he can leave; with that, Feist summons yellow balls for Sonic to bounce off of to reach the portal. Once Sonic does that with his usual flair, Feist proclaims Sonic his favorite, and Sonic standing in the portal says, "I aim to please. See you later..." back in Freedom HQ, Sonic continues, "...You creepy, overbearing, ill-tempered, bad-humored, egotistical badger-panda-giant-thing.." (I found that funny he refers to Feist as a badger which some thought he was till Ian confirmed he was a panda)

Anyway, Sonic talks to Nicole and tells her to call the Council. Back at the castle, Sonic tells his story, while Elias asks Quack if his father could be trying to regain the throne; Quack assures the council that Max is a danger to no one and his good days are getting farther apart. Rosemary suggest that while Geoff may have a good reason they should hide the Acorn family anyway; Elias disagrees and says to send extra guards for his family and says his place is with the rest of the council and reminds them that Sal wouldn't just hide anyway. He assures the council aloud that Geoff will explain in due time, but notes in his mind that Geoff has used him before but will give him a chance that he better not abuse.

Next we're at Mina's house with the band with Ash just arriving and Mina late. The band starts giving Ash grieve about the new tone of the songs and how they don't like him forcing the heavy stuff on them; Mina comes in and tells them it was her messages not his. She explains herself which gets the band thinking and going along. Next we have several panels of the band practicing and Sonic recounting the nights events to the rest of the FF all while Geoff and Naugus talks in boxes over them recounting the past events and such, and then finally, Naugus and Geoff stands upon a hill over looking the city, Geoff tells Naugus all will play into his hand and Naugus notes that Geoff's magic is weak but he's excellent at being crafty and will leave the plans in his hands for now. Naugus ends with saying the rightful king is on the way!

• Thumbs Up 1

Surpises, Ian Flynn! Geoffrey is some kind of

Ixis initiate

and that's such a stupid turn for the character that I really would have never seen it coming!

Yay! More of a reason why I want that stupid skunk b@stard dead!

Also, hearing about a possible Scourge saga in SU makes me happy. Hopefully, it'll be about his and the Suppression Squad's origins.

That's funny. I just got StH 220 in the mail. :lol: I guess I'm off my spoilering duties for the Holiday. :D

Good to see Ixis back to his normal insane self. I guess Geoffrey WAS the traitor and they weren't throwing us any major curveballs. Now it makes sense that Mogul in the future knew who the traitor was, given his close partnership with Naugus in the past. I'm interested to see how the rest of this arc plays out, especially from that Lien-Da story. I'm also interested about the teased "Sonic: Genesis" story/event. Could it be Archie's plan for Sonic's big 20? They also teased the cover for the first volume of Knuckles Archives. Heck, yes! Can't wait for that!

:D

Also, for The-Master-Board:

Nack makes an appearance in the Off-panel. Just thought you'd like to know.

:)

Edited by Christmascontrol14

I really really hope for a Scourge/Suppression Squad arc in SU ^^ I really hope it won't be just Scourge, because the SS left on such a cliffhanger and I really wanna see all of them again ;_; ♥

I couldn't care less about Geoffrey :P But Feist is cool.

Hey, CC14, could you maybe give a full summary of the Lien-Da back-up? :) And if it's not too much trouble...

I'd really like to see a pic of Naugus and Geoffrey standing on a hill over top of New Mobotropolis. It just sounds like an awesome image.

Sure thing! Here ya go:

1.The story opens with Eggman in Doctor garb waking Lien-Da up.

2.Most of the story just shows Eggman, building up to the Lien-Da's reveal. Lien-Da herself doesn't speak much until the very end.

3.Lien-Da asks where she is and Eggman says that she's safe and sound in the Eggdome.

4."You took a nasty spill--so to speak. But I saved you. Rebuilt you. I have the technology, after all."

5.Eggman holds up a small red object.

6."Do you recognize this? No? It's the same kind of explosive I've put into all my troops to make sure they're good little legionnaires."

7.Eggman says that Lien-Da needs her explosive replaced because the other one exploded on her.

8.Lien-Da questions this.

9."But..."

10."But what about those neural-override chips...? I know! Very nicely designed. They blocked my old detonation signal AND gave you full mind control over your people! VERY underhanded! I approve!"

11."You have to understand, though, that the Iron Queen used her techno-magic-whatever to bypass your bypass and set your bomb off. Which I would applaud, but she loses points for relying on "Magic." Bah."

12."Simple energy and matter conversions that haven't been properly documented by good, hard science yet, that's all. But I digress..."

13."ANYWAY! All those chips are intact, AND I even let you keep your special command chip. That kind of ruthlessness should be rewarded, and it might come in handy for me one day."

14."I recalibrated the detonation signal, though. If you or any of your Echida-buddies cross me...you're all going up like a fireworks festival."

15."Very festive. Very colorful."

16."And speaking of taking liberties with you and your people, I'm all done! Take a look..."

17.Lien-Da is fearful of what the Doctor has done to her.

18."Oh, no...!"

19.Lien-Da is revealed to be the Doctor's patient, as if there was any doubt.

20.Lien-Da checks her reflection in a mirror, shocked that she's seemingly back to normal.

21."I'm...beautiful. You fixed everything..."

22."Not entirely true. You have even more internal cybernetics than before, and a few new limbs and upgrades, but with my craftsmanship, nobody will be able to tell the difference."

23.Lien-Da grows confused and grows angry with the Doctor.

24."...Why?!"

25."Hmm?"

26."You've robbed our organization of ANY dignity! You could have left me for dead, or WORSE--made me like Dimitri. Why are you showing me any shred of mercy or decency?!"

27."Because it's all part of the GAME."

28."Game? What game?"

29."Why, the same game I've been playing with Snively for years. The same game I play with all of my Grandmasters. Think of it as a roulette of trust."

30."I know every single one of you is biding your time. You're all waiting for the perfect moment to turn on me. And take my empire for yourselves."

31."But until then, you all serve to your fullest. Because the stronger you make me, the more you'll reap in the end. If you manage to turn on me and survive, that is. So what do you say, Grandmaster Lien-Da?

32.Lien-Da draws a sly smile and looks at herself in the mirror.

33."I say, "Let the games begin.""

34.Lien-Da shakes Eggman's hand, ending the issue.

As a bonus, here's a photo of the scene you mentioned and a peak at the first Knuckles Archives cover:

65472126232867440559100.jpg

16303712623281744056410.jpg

Apologies for the quality. Enjoy! :)

Edited by Christmascontrol14

Thanks, dude! "From the Inside Out" sounds like a really good story, and Jamal Pepper's art really looks gorgeous in that scene!

Also, by the looks of things, there's a few cover previews there. I'm guessing the only new one there was Knuckles Archives #1?

Thanks, dude! "From the Inside Out" sounds like a really good story, and Jamal Pepper's art really looks gorgeous in that scene!

Also, by the looks of things, there's a few cover previews there. I'm guessing the only new one there was Knuckles Archives #1?

Yep. The others are for SU #25, Sonic Archives #15, and StH #222.

YES, the Knuckles Archives! I didn't think they'd do it! I love this series. Well I already own them all... but good for everyone else! Seriously great stuff. Manny Galan on art... Awesome.

Examining the teaser image, it would appear Enerjak is on the cover of the first volume, which likely means it will cover the original Knuckles mini-series.

As for the Sonic Genesis teaser image...I have no idea what they have planned, though it's obviously something related to Sonic's olden days. Should be quite interesting.

Edited by PC the Hedgehog

Also, for The-Master-Board:

Nack makes an appearance in the Off-panel. Just thought you'd like to know.

:)

Oh awesome! Although unexpected as the off-panel usually have something to do with the issue and Nack's not in it...well at least I assume he isn't. Nice little bonus though!

I think this is pretty crappy development for Geoffrey. So he can teleport and is a magic user now? Bleck! I always just thought he was cool as a top of the rank elite military guy, that's his thing and he does it well, as well as being a douchebag also!

I'm not liking this plot.

Edited by The-Master-Board