Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

The off-panel is actually mostly about the status of the Chaos Emeralds, since Naugus gained one in this issue. It shows that Mogul/Naugus each have one emerald and that G.U.N. has two more. Since the rest of the emeralds haven't been found yet, the punchline is that Nack helps himself to the rest, with Sonic running after him.

The off-panel is actually mostly about the status of the Chaos Emeralds, since Naugus gained one in this issue. It shows that Mogul/Naugus each have one emerald and that G.U.N. has two more. Since the rest of the emeralds haven't been found yet, the punchline is that Nack helps himself to the rest, with Sonic running after him.

Lol! Awesome, hey that's only fair

:lol: If Sonic want's them back he can always challenege Nack in the special zone Triple Trouble style!

Actually I like how there's only seven emeralds now, it makes for more interesting stories when you have to work out who has them and get them all to converge before Sonic can become Super!

Shine on you crazy Wolf/Weasel. I hope we see more of Nack after Treasure Team Tango.

Some more thoughts on Geoffrey, from what I posted on Bumbleking.

I don't buy Geoffrey as a villain because I don't believe that's how the character works.

I'm not a fan of Geoffrey. It's hard to be. But he's intentionally unlikeable. He's full of himself. He doesn't like Sonic. He's that uncooperative cop in the movies who's like "This case is in my jurisdiction bub, you better watch yourself". It's his bad attitude that makes him suspicious, but it's also why he's good for these double agent storylines. We believe it because it's Geoffrey, and Geoffrey is a major pain. But really a villain, and a sorcerer initiate at that? I remember the Princess Sally miniseries, where he's shown as a traitor involved in the auto-automaton scheme. Hamlin didn't trust him. But he was working Sally's side the whole time. While I'd like to believe this is where Ian is going with this, like Geoffrey's long term mission was keeping tabs on Naugus for King Max, it could easily be flipped to say the reason Geoffrey was loyal to the Acorn throne was to keep it warm for his master. I see that as a total reinvention of the character that I don't support. Wasn't Geoffrey's family in the Acorn Secret Service? I hope his whole family isn't part of the Ixis Order, because we did that observer-on-the-inside thing already with Espio. I trust Ian to get the history right, but not the character direction so much...

Ah yeah, thanks Immortheus. The Bumbleking topic isn't spoilered so I wasn't thinking about it.

Edited by Dabnikz

New covers/solits are up!

su26.650.jpg

SONIC UNIVERSE #26

"Fractured Mirror" Part Two .

Silver the Hedgehog is stranded on a strange, dark version of Mobius and fights stranger, darker versions of heroes you know and love! Perhaps he can get a little help from the all new, all different Freedom Fighters? But will they be enough against the terror of Enerjak?

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn

ART: Tracy Yardley!, Jim Amash, Phil Felix & Ray Dillon

COVER: Tracy Yardley!, Jim Amash & Ben Hunzeker

Shipping Date: 3/2/2011

On Sale at Comic Shops: 3/9/2011

Newsstands: 3/22/2011

Comic, 32 pgs, 40 lb. glossy stock, Full-Color

$2.99 US

sth223.650.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #223

"Chaos and the Crown" Part One .

The vile wizard Ixis Naugus finally makes his bold move, and the Republic of Acorn will never be the same! As Sonic races to bring the villain down, Dr. Eggman makes the final preparations for his newest scheme in "Special Zone House Call."

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn

ART: Ben Bates, Jamal Peppers, Terry Austin, John Workman & Matt Herms

COVER: Jamal Peppers, Terry Austin & Matt Herms

Shipping Date: 3/16/2011

On Sale at Comic Shops: 3/23/2011

Newsstands: 4/5/2011

Comic, 32 pgs, 40 lb. glossy stock, Full-Color

$2.99 US

So Silver's stranded on a darker version of Mobius while Sonic is tangling with Naugus. Sweet! Now I'm even MORE hyped for the Silver saga!

Edited by Christmascontrol14

So Silver is trapped on a "dark" version of Mobius? Uh Moebius maybe. That seems kinda lame to me. I was hoping this saga would just be Silver in the future dealing with his own enemies (most probably Eggman Nega) this just seems lame to me and so far I am uninterested.

*Looks at cover* So Silver gets stuck in Tron world? :lol:

Wow #223's cover is the first non-Spaz cover in a while that actually looks good! I still think it'll be a bit of a cop out if this big "groundshaking" event that will effect things for years to come isn't headed by Eggman. I don't really care for Naugus. Oh well.

Silver meeting the anti Chaotix? Fighting Enerjak? Epic !

I'm surprised nobody saw a strange "coïncidence".

Sonic Archives #15 will reveal Naugus. Sonic will fight Naugus in #223.

Knuckles Archives #1 will focus on Enerjak (judging by the cover) and the Chaotix are involved. SU 26: Chaotix are involved and Silver will meet Enerjak.

Straaaaaaaaaaaange, isn't it?

Pretty sure it isn't Moebius, but rather the original Lara-Su's timeline, where Knuckles conquered Mobius. Also, I was right about Enerjak being the villain of the Silver Saga! Hoo-ray!

Universe #26 reminds me of Knuckles miniseries #3...

239px-Knuckles_miniseries03.jpg

In this issue Knuckles fights a mind-controlled Chaotix with a similar glow to their eyes. Mind controlled by Enerjak!

I don't think Silver is in a different universe, rather a timeline on Mobius Prime.

So Silver is probably going to be in that one timeline with the original Lara Su which happens to be an alternate future? Meh, the only alternate future I cared about or was interested in was the 1000Y/Apocalyptic one, nothing else. Time-traveling and alt. future stories are my least favorite subject concerning this series, actually in almost everything but oh well.

Edited by AdventChild

Universe #26 reminds me of Knuckles miniseries #3...

239px-Knuckles_miniseries03.jpg

In this issue Knuckles fights a mind-controlled Chaotix with a similar glow to their eyes. Mind controlled by Enerjak!

I don't think Silver is in a different universe, rather a timeline on Mobius Prime.

Of course, that still leaves the matter of Ray being on the SU cover. At the time of that mini series, Ray was still stuck in that room with that weird chaos-black-hole-thing. Mighty and everyone else thought he was dead. Very curious. Edited by Christmascontrol14

Seems a little early to be seeing Enerjak again, but I'm definitely interested to see who's behind the mask this time around, as well as exactly what universe/timeline Silver is in. Count me as another one who thinks it's Alternate Lara-Su/Evil Knuckles' universe.

Extremely excited to see what Naugus has planned for the Republic of Acorn. Pretty much everything revolving around the monarchy/republic/whatever has always been a pain in the rear since it's first appearance in the comic, and I'd be happy to see it done away with completely. Nothing is sacred, right? Wipe it out, I say.

This does lead me to wonder what 225 will entail. Obviously Eggman will make his big comeback with a plan involving the chaos emerald, but (how) will Naugus/the order of Ix factor into things? Can't wait to find out.

So Silver is probably going to be in that one timeline with the original Lara Su which happens to be an alternate future? Meh, the only alternate future I cared about or was interested in was the 1000Y/Apocalyptic one, nothing else. Time-traveling and alt. future stories are my least favorite subject concerning this series, actually in almost everything but oh well.

I wholely agree.

The only future story I care about is Silver's world, I would love to see his post apocalyptic world and get a bit of story and depth in there, but it seems we aren't gonna get that <_<

Given what Silver is, any storylin involving him has some sort of dimension/time travel involved. The first issue sees him in his future time, so I wonder how (or who)he gets here. And considering:

Mogul is Silver's mentor

This could very well tie in with the current scenes surrounding Ixis Naugus and Eggman.

Given what Silver is, any storylin involving him has some sort of dimension/time travel involved. The first issue sees him in his future time, so I wonder how (or who)he gets here. And considering:

Mogul is Silver's mentor

This could very well tie in with the current scenes surrounding Ixis Naugus and Eggman.

True. But I meant I had hoped this arc would feature in it's entirety in Silver's world, not go off into other dimensions or times as obviously this does because there should be no Chaotix in Silver's future seeing as his time is at least 200 years plus into the future and the Chaotix would be dead by then.

I had hoped to see Silver's 200 years in the future world, the one you see/hear about for a bit in the games and see a bit in the comics and just have some exposure to that post apocalyptic world and get a few good stories and some nice development there, ya know establish a main villian for Silver to oppose so as we can have issues in the future to fall back on when stories get a little thin in the main series.

True. But I meant I had hoped this arc would feature in it's entirety in Silver's world, not go off into other dimensions or times as obviously this does because there should be no Chaotix in Silver's future seeing as his time is at least 200 years plus into the future and the Chaotix would be dead by then.

I had hoped to see Silver's 200 years in the future world, the one you see/hear about for a bit in the games and see a bit in the comics and just have some exposure to that post apocalyptic world and get a few good stories and some nice development there, ya know establish a main villian for Silver to oppose so as we can have issues in the future to fall back on when stories get a little thin in the main series.

I wonder if this is going to be one of those butterfly effect time travel stories where the characters have to correct something they've undone in the past. Like maybe Silver goes back and sees Knuckles on the wrong day, and attempts to move forward only to find the future is now controlled by Enerjak. TIME TRAVEL IS CRAAAZY MAN.

"And so, Dr. Beckett Silver The Hedgehog finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next leap, will be the leap home."

• 2 weeks later...

Toby at BumbleKing let us know info on the Free Comic Book Day issue is out.

STK434706.jpg

(W) Ian Flynn (A) Steven Butler

"The Rematch": Join the excitement with an ALL NEW "Free Comic Book Day" battle royal! Sonic goes to pay his respects for a fallen friend in the Southern Tundra and stumbles upon Ixis Naugus! How has the evil wizard managed to return? How can Sonic beat this magical master of the elements? All this plus exclusive new data files to tell you just who's who!

It sounds like an Ian remake of the final Super Special #15, which was plagued with terrible unfinished artwork.

Great plan for reintroducing Naugus and retouching a shoddy back-issue though!

Edited by Dabnikz

Naugus Games was a troubled story with or without the terrible artwork, but I have faith Ian can work it into something salvageable.

Cool cover, it's Green Hill Zone so of course it's gonna be cool, but I am disappointed that it isn't Spaz drawn. What they hell is he working on these days that makes him unable to work on Sonic covers so much?

Oh! :o There's gonna be a Avatar the last Airbender comic?? Yes please!

Cool cover, it's Green Hill Zone so of course it's gonna be cool, but I am disappointed that it isn't Spaz drawn. What they hell is he working on these days that makes him unable to work on Sonic covers so much?

Oh! :o There's gonna be a Avatar the last Airbender comic?? Yes please!

He's currently working on some of the interior art for the new Mega Man comic. That and he does pencil for some Avatar things... But Spaz still drops by to do covers for Sonic. Just not all of the covers.

He's currently working on some of the interior art for the new Mega Man comic. That and he does pencil for some Avatar things... But Spaz still drops by to do covers for Sonic. Just not all of the covers.

Interior art!? Has Spaz ever even worked on interior art for the Sonic comic? Damn. Oh well I guess I'll have to put up with the pedestrian covers with the occassional glimmer of awesome only around anniversary issues for now then :\