Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I would drop the book if they trimed or rebooted the continuity. That would be the worse thing that could happen to the book, and they never go well with the fans.

One person out of many readers dropping a book at the thought of possible changes to a fictional universe that changes with every writer?

IT MUST BE CANCELLED!!!!! :angry: /sarcasm/

Archie has already rebooted certain elements and reimagined certain characters, changed canon, etc without too much problem. Many of the changes were definitely for the better. There's no reason to think it would be a disaster.

You do know that most major changes in a comic book's continuity never go over well with the fans. The Spider-man comic is still getting a lot of heat from a storyline that happened back in 2007.

It could be a disaster if they get rid of things that people like. I just hope that after issue 225 we don't lose anything that has been around for a long time, like the Freedom Fighters, Sally, Julie-Su.

Pff. The only thing that could get me to drop the stories like a steaming pile of excrement would be Eggman dying/being removed from the plot completely. Srsly. I love his character to death in them there comics. Thankfully, I believe SEGA would have a bone to pick as well, should that happen.

@'dwitefry'

And while we're at it lets rewrite the beggining to Indianna Jones and Star Wars.

Pff Heart Held Hostage was awesome why change that? The story was cool and the art of the Sonic Adventure adaptation was 10 times better than that poor quality of which we have recently (like in Treasure Team Tango) Levae the past be, you can't go changing things just because you think they were crap. History has been built on those things changing them changes the series in a somewhat time travellers ruinging the future/present kind of way.

I actualy meant the gap betweeen Sonic Adventure and Heart Held Hostage not those two stories but after and up to, but I get the confusion. It wasn't clear. And actually you CAN go back and change things if you think they're crap, in fact the comic industry is pretty much built on that lol. ESPECIALLY since Crisis on Infinite Earths (OH NO! the old comic collector in me is coming throooough).

Nega's not confirmed to be dead. Ian just once speculated that Nega died when he was left behind in Sonic Rivals 2, although Ian also said afterwards that he doubted it.

Cheers mate :).

MeX

I may not be as fond as the comics, but I'm gonna have to say a continuity reboot would be bad. Especially considering if it did change things that are already established.

True, but if I recall correctly in the past Sonic has gone super without the use of all seven chaos emeralds, so it may be possible? Although with the recent merging of all the chaos emeralds into only seven in attempts to stay truer to the games they may only allow Sonic to go super if he has all seven now....so probably Blaze too.

It was just a thought though. I'd love to see Burning Blaze in the comics sometime though, at least get some somewhat official artwork of her finally.

Looking back, you're actually right...there were times in the comic's earlier history when Sonic would simply need a lot of power rings(And maybe a quick zap of chaos energy) to go super. So, perhaps it's still possible we could see Burning show up even if Blaze lacks some of the emeralds, but in a less powerful state...I guess it just depends on how close Ian wants the story to be to the game. XD

*Stretches fingers*

Well, back to business as usual.

I just got SU 24 in the mail! Expect the usual summary once I'm done reading it. :)

Summary time!

1.The issue opens with all four teams going at it.

2.Cream observes the battle from above, thinking that she SHOULD help, but her mother wouldn't approve.

3.She sees that Amy is outnumbered and remembers that they DID promise Blaze to get the Sol Emerald back.

4.She flies into battle with Cheese by her side, thinking that joining in is the right thing to do.

5.Nack sneaks up behind Amy with a laser gun, hoping to repay her for STH #188, but Cream stomps down on his head and Amy notices him before he can fire off a shot.

6.Amy grabs Cream and says that they need to regroup.

7.They join Blaze, who is giving Bark a taste of her flames.

8.Amy suggests coming up with a plan and Blaze protects them in a ring of flames.

9.Blaze apologizes for getting them involved and suggests that they should leave.

10."It's my fight. You should get to safety."

11.Amy rejects Blaze's offer and says that they're all in this together.

12.Cream says what they started as a team, they'll finish as a team.

13.Blaze thanks them and the three head off into the battle.

14.Amy finds Shadow and says that he has to decide if he's going to do whatever G.U.N. tells him to or help Blaze save her entire world.

15.Shadow starts to feel guilty.

16.Meanwhile, Storm and Jet observe the chaos.

17."This job ain't fun no more!"

18.Jet agrees with Storm and takes action.

19."Yeah, so much for that "quick buck." It's time we stopped being brawlers..."

20.Jet swoops in and knocks Nack in the back of the head with his air board, grabbing the Sol Emerald out of his hands.

21."...And did what we do best! We're outta here, Rogues!"

22.Shadow puts on a determined expression.

23."It's decided, then..."

24.Shadow confronts Jet.

25."Ha! You're slower than that snail Sonic!"

26."Chaos..."

27.Shadow appears on Jet's gear, shocking him.

28."...control."

29."Whaji--HUH?!"

30.Shadow kicks Jet off of his gear.

31."Whoops. You're too slow." XD

32.Shadow lands on the ground.

33."Hmph. All too easy."

34.He's confronted by Wave and Storm.

35."Nobody messes with the boss!"

36."We might not hurt you if--"

37.Rouge and Cream appear and take care of Wave and Storm.

38.However, the chaos causes Wave and Storm to knock into Shadow's head, causing him to drop the Emerald.

39.Omega and Bark both attempt the catch it.

40."I have got it! I have got it!"

41.Amy grabs it just before it lands in Bark's/Omega's hands.

42."Guess again!"

43.Omega grabs Amy's foot, causing the Emerald to hurl out of her hands.

44."Foul! Interference!"

45.Amy tells Blaze to catch it.

46.Bean hurls a bomb at Blaze.

47."You forget. I control flames. I create them..."

48.Blaze uses her powers to put out the fuse of Bean's bomb.

49."...And end them!"

50.Bean has a sorrowful monologue for his fallen bomb while the others fight over the Emerald.

51."...Bomb? Bombikins? Little Bombinski?"

52."What...what did she DO to you? You were meant for such great things, and now..."

53."You were going to go "BOOM!" There was going to be fire and smoke and everything!"

54."But all you did was "THUD." It shouldn't have ended like this. Not like THIS."

55."It's all my fault! I threw you into the world before you were ready!"

56."I had no way of knowing, since you can't speak, but now I'm making excuses!"

57."I will always remember you, and name you Cecil. Or abigail."

58."No, it's got to be something gender-neutral. Jamie, maybe? Kendall?"

59.Elsewhere, Amy confronts Rouge.

60.Rouge says that noone's going to win at this rate.

61."Think you can work with us for a full five minutes without stabbing us in the back?"

62."You just don't learn, do you? Why come back to me?"

63."The others are just punks in the way, and I know Shadow WILL do the right thing when we're done."

64."Is that so? All right, honey. What's the plan?"

65."We'll rally our teams, corral the bad guys, and Blaze will handle the rest."

66."All right, boys! Let's get ready for a barbeque!"

67."Cream! Blaze! Drive them to the middle!"

68.The two head off to deal with the other teams.

69.Team Dark handles Team Babylon.

70.Rouge swoops around, confusing Wave.

71."Hey! It's a big sky! Give me my space!"

72.Shadow uses his Chaos Control to draw Jet to the middle of the battlefield.

73."Quit it with the teleporting!"

74.Omega grapples with Storm.

75."Puny airboards are no match for raw rocket power!"

76.Team Dark's interference causes Team Babylon to collide into one another and land in a pile in the middle of the battlefield.

77.Team Rose deals with Team Hooligan.

78.Amy chases Nack with her hammer, blocking and avoiding his laser shots.

79."I took down Sonic the Hedgehog! More than once! Why do you dames give me such a hard time?!"

80."Oh stop whining. Sally didn't hit you THAT hard!"

81.Blaze uses her flames to repel Bark.

82."Back! Back! Join the other vermin!"

83.In an adorable moment, seeing Bean's sadness over his bomb, rather than battle him, Cream just takes his hand and leads him to the rest of his team.

84."Right this way, Mr. Duck. We're going to meet with your friends."

85."Yes. Jamie-Kendall Duckingtonworth III would've liked that."

86.The plan works and both opposing Teams are in the same area.

87.Nack notices the Rogues and asks what's going on.

88.Amy draws a smug grin.

89."Now, your highness, as we planned?"

90."Of course, Miss Rose."

91.Blaze snaps her fingers, causing Bean's bomb to regain it's fuse.

92.Bean, of course, is overjoyed.

93."J.K.! You came back!"

94.The bomb explodes and the Emerald lands in Blaze's hand.

95.Team Hooligan/Babylon are decidedly charred after the explosion.

96.Jet clears his throat and tries to make a suggestion, but Wave interrupts him.

97."No! No more! We're going before they blow up the blimp too!"

98."I'm the boss and I--OW!"

99.Wave grabs Jet by the feathers on his head and drags his off.

100."Do you know how long it'll take to fix the Extreme Gear?! You think it's EASY maintaining them when you lunk-heads use them so roughly?! AND ANOTHER THING--!"

101.Team Babylon leaves.

102.Bean looks up at a charred Bark holding an unconsious Nack.

103."I can't feel my hands."

104.Bark walks off.

105."We're going now? That sounds good!"

106.Team Hooligan leaves.

107.Team Rose and Team Dark celebrate their victory.

108."All's well that ends well!"

109."I was going to say "good riddance to bad rubbish." but your way was nicer."

110."Not a bad job, ladies. Now...

111.Rouge sticks her hand out.

112."...Hand over the gemstone."

113."Oh, would you just give it up already?"

114.Shadow puts his hand on Rouge's shoulder.

115."Enough."

116."What?"

117."G.U.N. owes Blaze a favor for the Chaos Emerald. More importantly, the safety of a world outweighs our mission."

118."I DON'T just walk away from a gem."

119."You WILL let this go, or I will MAKE you."

120.Omega interjects.

121."WE will make you. I will not make the tiny bunny cry."

122.Rouge draws a smile.

123."Fine. But I'm not a good loser."

124."Duly noted."

125.Amy calls Cream.

126."Okay, Cream, off the robot now."

127."Aww...good bye, Mr. Robot."

128."Good bye, fuzzy soft-colored females."

129.Omega walks up to Blaze, his legs tied in a nervous manner.

130."And...er...Blaze?"

131."Yes?"

132."You burn things very well. I-MUST-Go-NOW-GOOD-BYE!"

133.Team Dark walks away.

134."So, smart guy. what do we tell the Commander?"

135."You're the cunning spy. You'll think of something."

136.Team Dark leaves.

137."So Shadow helped me after all. Perhaps he isn't so bad."

138."He's no Sonic, but he'll do in a pinch."

139.Amy and Blaze shake hands.

140."Thank you, Amy. Sonic and Tails spoke of the heroism of the Freedom Fighters, and you've proved every word of it true."

141."My pleasure, Blaze. We'll have to kick butt together again some day!"

142.Cream hugs Blaze.

143."I'll miss you, Blaze! Come visit us soon!"

144."Ha-ha! As soon as my quest is over, you two will be the first to hear from me."

145.Blaze takes out her two Emeralds.

146."Now to see if I can get home without running afoul of the Zone Cops..."

147.Blaze leaves in a fiery vortex.

148.Later at Freedom HQ, Cream tells Vanilla about their adventure.

149."...And since we were so very far away, it took us the rest of the afternoon to walk back. It was quite the adventure, Mother!"

150."Yes. Far more than a simple investigation."

151."It was a little more involved than I expected, but Cream handled herself very well. She could be a great Freedom Fighter one..."

152.Amy remembers something.

153."...Day. I'm so stupid!"

154."What is it, Miss Rose?"

155."I forgot about Nicole!"

156.Cut to Nicole, still sitting on the floor of the cave and letting out a sigh.

157.There's also a very funny Off-panel strip where Eggman Nega (In full view!) complains about how he was only in the beginnning of the arc.

That's all she wrote! Stay tuned for another Sonic: Genesis preview image! :)

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Yep! Here it is:

168124_132795866784259_100001615403873_208948_5095477_n.jpg

As a bonus, I'll throw in some SU 25 previews from the section above the S:G preview:

168186_132796113450901_100001615403873_208950_6581724_n.jpg

167509_132795986784247_100001615403873_208949_5135692_n.jpg

Enjoy!

SO AWESOME :blink:

If only my comic shop didn't get the comic delayed (Perhaps due to snowstorms)

*Crosses fingers for tomorrow*

Hmm, I don't like how Shadow is portrayed in this comic. He doesn't take orders from anyone especially Amy. Then theres the fact, he feels guilt, what happened to the I do anything I choose to do and nothing will stop me.

Omega is funny but way out of character witht he cream stuff. I like how Jet tells Shadow he's overdoing with the most powerful technique he has though.

I honestly like the Bablyon Rouges more than the others. Storm was funny. And Wave seemed to handle Blaze fairly even not for a short while.

Man I had that issue #1, I bought it when i was just a kid if only I would of kepted up with all my early comics. Now Iam just kicking my self for it. If only I knew what I had. Now Iam gonna start where I left off as a sonic freak. Go Archie's you kepted the series alive after SATAM went off air. Bring season 3!

Archie has already rebooted certain elements and reimagined certain characters, changed canon, etc without too much problem. Many of the changes were definitely for the better. There's no reason to think it would be a disaster.

Ian's done a nice job of easing into some changes, but I wouldn't call his time on the book a reboot. He knows what to touch and what not to touch. A full on reboot would be terrible I think, if it were to leave Mobius behind for example. Makes me think of Sonic X. Archie's not stupid though, it's probably just a Mobius version of the classics.

If they do a cool 20th Anniversary story arc with that SONIC: GENESIS thing, I might just have to pick up a few Sonic comics this year :) Would be the first time I bought a Sonic comic since the series lost me when they didn't do an SA2 adaptation.

Btw, green2tail, issue #1 was awesome, but issue #1/4th was better ;)

picture2hn.png

*Spits out water*

Eggman-Nega? They actually showed EGGMAN-NEGA!? Sure it's an Off Panel, but...

EGGMAN NEGA?!

Oooooooh. Ian's in trouble youse guys.

Ooooohhhh. I'm tellin' Sega. Ooooh. :P

Anyone have a pic?

Sure thing! Here ya go:

166804_133393326724513_100001615403873_212518_8300717_n.jpg

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bean is my favorite Sonic character. He is so awesome. Just so awesome.

I hear that! He's like the Deadpool of the Sonic universe! Although he comes second behind Nack in my favourites. Really wish SEGA would start using these awesome forgotten characters again <_<

Oh Eggman Nega makes an appearance? Even if it's off panel I reckon this pretty much confirms SEGA have given the greenlight to have him in the comics now. The reason I say this, besides that being a good confirmation in itself, is that Cream appeared in an off panel before she made it to the comic proper. The only reason I think they've been so tight-fisted with Nega is that SEGA themselves know they F#@%ed up with the whole Nega/Blaze/Silver/Alternate reality/future thing and didn't want Archie writers speculating their own story out of it possibly (if it is even possible) convuluting the whole mess more.

If Sonic Colours DS is anything to go by SEGA might well be trying to address this problem and possibly have found a solution or somewhat fixed it so now they are allowing Nega in the comics?

I was hoping we'd see Nega as the big bad in Silver's arc but it looks like Silver isn't even gonna be in Silver's own home for his arc what with the lame looking "ebil chaotix" cover. Then again I wanna see Nega as the baddie for Blaze and have a few ongoing arcs set in her alternate reality.....Archie should use my idea of Nega originating in Blaze's world as her reality's "eggman" only then developing grander schemes and trying to take over the prime reality (Mobius prime)'s future, then getting involved with Silver and leaving Whiskers to be Blaze's worlds "eggman".

I forget the issue #, but in that one arc where Scourge was taking on Sonic and his crew, both he and Sonic had an interesting little exchange that I think would make for an epic premise.

"...all it would take is one, bad, day, for you to be just, like, me."

"And all it would take is for one, good, deed, for you to be just, like, me."

Their words shook each other up, both falling silent in turn at the idea of becoming the doppelganger they so despised.

Because, deep down, as much as they would hate to admit it they knew the possibility to be true.

What if Scourge set aside his selfishness just one time, and what if Sonic relinquished his chivalry for only a moment? If the line between the two multidimensional counterparts are as slim as they claim, then the inversion of right and wrong is only one uncharacteristic choice away.

And that'd be some crazy shit to see.

I forget the issue #, but in that one arc where Scourge was taking on Sonic and his crew, both he and Sonic had an interesting little exchange that I think would make for an epic premise.

"...all it would take is one, bad, day, for you to be just, like, me."

"And all it would take is for one, good, deed, for you to be just, like, me."

Their words shook each other up, both falling silent in turn at the idea of becoming the doppelganger they so despised.

Because, deep down, as much as they would hate to admit it they knew the possibility to be true.

What if Scourge set aside his selfishness just one time, and what if Sonic relinquished his chivalry for only a moment? If the line between the two multidimensional counterparts are as slim as they claim, then the inversion of right and wrong is only one uncharacteristic choice away.

And that'd be some crazy shit to see.

Thats something Sonic and Shadow would say to each other IMO>