Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Just to talk about the issues they bring up, and see if they're legitimate.

This topic was kinda dead before those previews came around.

Ah, I see.

I think the issues they have about this issue (As well as the comic in general.) are pretty justified and legitimate. Though I've never been a frequent reader of the comic.

That's not new; it was established back during the "Naugus Trilogy."

I know that's what Ian said, but I think it's only half true. Naugus did conspire with Kodos during the Great War, but I don't remember it ever being through magical means. I assumed he just played things to his favor like Robotnik, but this paranoia spell he's got on New Mobotropolis is much more Grima Wormtongue. He literally incited the public to war.

OH you go there too?

Anyway may as well quote one of their rants so you guys know what we're talking about.

This comic is as worse as it was when the MinaXSonicXSally triangle was in high gear. It just doesn't do anything else but push Sonally down people's throats every single issue. Oh yeah, there's some action put in the middle but the furry love story is the goal at the end of the day. It would be like Sega shoving Elise and Sonic with romantic overtones down people's throats every single game after 06. It would still be a game and as such it would have action, but the underlying message would always be the pairing. That's so wrong! Romance is simply NOT what Sonic the Hedgehog is. It can be part of it, but the fundamental goal? Hell no.

It's not as if this is doing anything positive for the characters either. Sally at Sonic's side eclipses the need of Sonic having any other significant friends. A concert would be an excellent opportunity for group bonding and all of Sonic's friends could be there with him having fun and chilling. Instead, he singles out just one. It's been always like this. He acts tough around the rest of the cast but blurts all of his feelings to Sally. He only has significant interactions with the stupid chipmunk. Why can't Archie focus on FRIENDSHIP for once? I'm tired of this romantic bull because there's simply NOTHING else going on. There are more character interactions than that.

Sonic is really a lousy friend, if we can even classify him as one. He's not concerned about his friend Mina or the reasons that are making her acting this way. Heck he's NOT interested in knowing any of them. He just takes Sally's side because he wants to jump on her nonexistant pants. It was the same with Tails really. Sonic didn't try to understand why he was suddenly against the Kingdom and just fought for it because that's Sally's side. I can't even remember if they addressed the issue after all was said and done but probably not. Or then just generic bull about being sorry or not thinking straight. Sonic is not interested in knowing any of his friends thoughts or motives. When any of them disagrees with Sally, they're labeled as the enemy and that's it.

Sonic goes along with Sally's penchant for playing hard to get too as if it wasn't enough. Why can't he give her space and live his life, instead of just swivelling his head hopefully her way all the time? He's clinging to her like if there's no other thing to do with his life. That character trait being stacked on SONIC THE HEDGEHOG is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen and believe me, I've read a lot of fanfiction.

In real life, Sonic would be seriously out of touch with reality and deemed as emotionally needy. He wouldn't have any friends that's for sure. Not Tails, not Mina, none of them. Just Sally and she is all that matters. He's very much like Bella from the Twilight series. It's probably why Sonally still has fans these days. Twilight was fairly popular too. *facepalm*

Sonic comes across more dependent on Sally than Amy does on Sonic, Heroes and Battle flanderisation included. At least Amy does not put up with Sonic's antics and will raise her head angrily as well as her hammer at him if something he does or says hurts her. She will take other people's side too if she disagrees. She tries to reason and understand others as well. Amy has FRIENDS outside of SOnic. And people call AMY delusional and clingy? They should be looking at Archie!Sonic instead

Aaaaaaannn discuss.

I know that's what Ian said, but I think it's only half true. Naugus did conspire with Kodos during the Great War, but I don't remember it ever being through magical means. I assumed he just played things to his favor like Robotnik, but this paranoia spell he's got on New Mobotropolis is much more Grima Wormtongue. He literally incited the public to war.

I wasn't just going off what Ian said. Right in Sonic #65, Nate Morgan has a flashback in which Naugus uses his magic to influence some Overlanders to attack a group of Mobians Nate was with. This right here was also one of the contributing factors to the Great War, I believe.

Right, I remember that. I still think spell-induced hysteria is on a greater scale than possessing King Max or making Overlanders fight Mobians. Guess I never realized he had all the bases covered like that. It makes him more of a mastermind than I thought. I wonder why he needs Geoffrey then. Geoff's persistence on that makes me think he's not gone traitor for good.

Edited by Dabnikz

A few nights ago I was on the Archie store, looking at the international subscription for the comic. I decided I was going to subscribe the next morning.

I can't believe my chances- the next morning, they removed the international option! I e-mailed them and they said it's no longer available to overseas customers. I just find it insane, the horrible timing, haha

So just a heads up to overseas folk, the subs have been cancelled :/ lucky my local comic book store in australia stocks them.

:/ Ouch. Well that really sucks ass, I was gonna sign up. I wonder why they stopped, it's only been going for what, 4 months or so?

Damn it! That really sucks. I've been wanting to subscribe for a while, but haven't had the funds... however I was SO happy when I learned the option was there :\ And now it's gone! Well, foo!

Yeah, it really blows :/ My comic book store isn't exactly generous with their prices, and the sub looked to be a really good deal. I'm curious as to why any news sites haven't picked up on this yet. Until I got a response from Archie, I thought maybe the page was broken, or I dreamnt there was an international option or something XD

It's strange, as other comics on their site offer overseas, they only removed Sonic. Maybe it wasn't getting enough support?

Yeah, it really blows :/ My comic book store isn't exactly generous with their prices, and the sub looked to be a really good deal.

Lemme guess: Your comic book store's charging you between 5-7 bucks per comic?

Edited by TodStar

Yup, they charge $6. It might not seem like much, but over a year, I end up paying twice as much as Americans. I assume you have to pay the same? :P

Australian prices are so high for everything I love! ;_;

Did they give you a reason as to why Sonic isn't available anymore? You shouldn't walk off satisfied from them without a good response. If all else fails, I think you should check to see if some places online give a subscription to your country; some people also take requests if a store you go to isn't selling the comic you want.

It's pretty lame that Archie dropped this off in such a short time, though. :/ I wonder if this will affect people who are already subscribing, too.

Good idea, I'll e-mail them now asking why the service has been discontinued. Hopefully I get a good answer, they didn't say much in the last one.

I looked at the website and the offer does not show up for Sonic the Hedgehog anymore. Yet it shows up for Sonic Universe. Very strange.

I imagine the reason is simply lack of international interest, but it's very sad. I hope someone is able to get a specific answer from them, anyhow.

I've considered subscribing to Archie Sonic and Sonic Universe via Forbidden Planet, but they require a minimum of three different subscriptions at once, and I really only want the two. Borders briefly sold 'em before they collapsed in the UK, and the only comic shops I know of are in London.

Guess it's back to importing them in from friends in America. Just need to find a 'friend in America' to do that for me, since my American fiancée who used to lives here now ^^;

;_;

With the recent writing and artistic talent, I think I may have to return to reading the comics again. This just amplified that to 11.

Yeah, this is very cool but I don't know why I'm not excited. I'll have to see how they play it out in the comics. The Sonic Quest mini-series introduced the good old Death Egg to us, so it's not new to the series. Right now I'm looking forward to the SU Silver arc because it visits Lara-Su in a dark future. We probably know what the Genesis arc is now though.

To be honest, I'm not all that excited either... It doesn't feel particularly novel or interesting. Then again, I'm more of a 'character' person and less 'mech' oriented. That, and not so much of a gamer =P

Yeah, this is very cool but I don't know why I'm not excited. I'll have to see how they play it out in the comics. The Sonic Quest mini-series introduced the good old Death Egg to us, so it's not new to the series. Right now I'm looking forward to the SU Silver arc because it visits Lara-Su in a dark future. We probably know what the Genesis arc is now though.

Aw man. I completely forgot about the Sonic Quest series.

Still, I didn't expect the Death Egg to show up in the Archie Comics. Especially on Sonic's 225th landmark issue. And I bet you that Eggman is going to blow s*** up and raise all kinds of hell on the Kingdom of Acorn.

Oh I'm definitly getting this issue.