Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I was kind of hoping that we'd see Robotnik make something original. I've always found the Death Egg to be overrated.

*looks at new comic cover*

Yup, they're boned.

Shall I supply the sacrificial hedgehog, my great and powerful Lord Robotnik?

Edited by Kintobor

The Death Egg is always cool.

Ganondorf and Bowser are always using the same castles and towers, so I don't see any problems with Robotnik Eggman having another go with his infamous Star Wars knockoff.

The Death Egg is the best Sonic space station anyways. F*** the A.R.K.

Huh....

Not sure if to call this strangely predictable or surprising considering it makes sense for the whole Genesis thing.

Yeah, I know, I may have the most underwhelming reaction compared to everyboby else...

But still looks good. Can't wait. :)

Edited by DragonSoul

What age groups do you guys believe this comic is aimed towards? I'm no stranger to it and have read it for a long time, but now that I can't get a subscription and local newsagents have stopped stocking them, I have to... buy from a comic book store D: lol

I feel a little weird buying them from the comic book store, as the majority of stock in there is the gritty, manly, superhero-type comics (nothing wrong with those btw). It's a small intimate comic store and they place the Sonic comics right next to the Simpsons ones, in the child section, I guess.

I understand the comics are light hearted and intended for all ages, but as an almost 18 year old walking into a manly comic book store, I feel unworthy walking in a buying a Sonic comic XD

Oh friendly Sonic Stadium.. Give me reasons and confidence as to why I shouldn't be ashamed to walk in there, swipe that Sonic comic from the shelf in all it's glory, slam it onto the counter, give them a smirk and a nod and walk out of that store with my chest puffed and child-shelf-comic-book grasped in pride!

I don't see why you should be ashamed at all. I'm 26 and have no issue with picking up a Sonic comic (or five) and plonking it on the cashier's desk with a grin (when I find a place that sells 'em, which is rare *sadfaic*). Then again, I buy Sonic plushies and t-shirts and figurines from GAME/Gamestation without a blink of hesitation. Fact is, cashiers don't care. Their job is to run your items through the till and take your cash. They're not judging every single person who goes through their line, and heck, if they're working in a comic book store they're probably huge geeks themselves (: I see nothing inherently more cringeworthy about buying a Sonic comic than buying any other comic, and trust me, no one will give you a second glance. They're selling, you're buying. "Thank you, and have a great day!" ♥

• Thumbs Up 3

Never feel bad about it. FlyBoy is totally right, Cashiers don't care. Sides, when I went and bought Sonic badges from HMV I put them down and the cashier actually said "I did not know we had Sonic badges. That is awesome."

• Thumbs Up 1

Yea nuts to what people think, if you want the comics you get them, dont ever let anyone tell ya different. iam 27 next wed and iam still gettin the comics/gaes/toys/statues etc.

P.s #225 cover = awesome :D so cant wait.

Also reminds me that as of March/April the comic will be 223. That mean Archie will on level with the Original Fleetway comics (not inc the online issues)So well done Archie.

Sigh I miss the Fleetway comics I just imagine that in one of those different versions of Mobius that Zonic patrols is actually the Fleetway mobius, Be nice one day to have a 3-4 part story of Archie Sonic meeting Fleetway sonic in his world, id like to see the chemistry of the two. I always saw the Fleetway Sonic as the Han Solo of the two while the Archie Sonic reminds me of Indiana Jones mixed with Spider-man (his cockyness sometimes mixed with Indy scrapes) And i'd love to see Archie Sonic's face when he sees Shortfuse the Cybernik in action for the first time, but also see Archie Robotnik interact with Fleetway Robotnik (with Fleetway's Robotnik having the immortal line of watching an episode of EL DORADO thrown in for amusement :P)

But hey we can all dream right :) .

• Thumbs Up 1

Well it's a comic book shop and a lot of people look down on that as a nerdy thing anyways. So why would they get all elitist about what type of book you're buying when you're giving them money. If they do it's really their problem, find another shop. I think the age range for the comic is young adult, maybe 12-14 or around there? Under Ian's pen at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

Haha, thanks guys. I guess it is silly to feel unworthy buying Sonic comics, I'm going to go get them, no problems :D I'm not like this with all Sonic items, I'll glady buy a t-shirt or game or whatever. It's just that the store owners have specifically placed the comics in the child section, so it feels a tad weird, but I don't care anymore. They're just thankful for the sale, and plus, they're pretty friendly guys. It's a small local comic store thats one of its kind in my whole area, so they need the support.

Off this topic now, just another question..

What issue exactly did they change the paper from the old rough-matte type, to the current smooth and glossy type? I missed issues 151-199 so it's gotta be in there somewhere I assume.

What issue exactly did they change the paper from the old rough-matte type, to the current smooth and glossy type? I missed issues 151-199 so it's gotta be in there somewhere I assume.

212, actually.

Oh wow, I just missed it then. I own issues 215-220, but as I couldn't find issues 200-214 in stores, I resorted to reading them online. I just assumed it didn't happen between then, lol.

HAY GUISE~

Do you guys know what Zone Silver's currently trapped on? Saw the cover art for SU #27/26 and saw the Chaotix looking like the Brotherhood.

Do you guys know what Zone Silver's currently trapped on? Saw the cover art for SU #27/26 and saw the Chaotix looking like the Brotherhood.

The Brotherhood like the old Guardians or do you mean the Nocturnus?

They're kinda blue and shiny like Tron which is sort of like what Enerjak (Dimitri) did to them in the original Knuckles mini-series.

Enerjak is also confirmed as the big villain in this arc, so we can say he's probably controlling them.

We've been guessing that Silver's trapped in a dark future, the dark Knuckles future the original time traveling Lara-Su came from.

Enerjak could be anyone though and surprise us. There's a new group of FFs for this future arc. Think a very changed 25YL.

It's Ian Flynn's 'Mobius: Other M' fancomic made official. I keep saying it, but damn, does no one else see the similarities? D:

• Thumbs Up 1

I sure hope Eggman kills at least one important person/city with the good ol' Death Egg. It's been a while since he's boosted his villain cred.

It's Ian Flynn's 'Mobius: Other M' fancomic made official. I keep saying it, but damn, does no one else see the similarities? D:

Other M is one of the reasons I returned to see Ian write the book. I see the connections, I just don't wanna believe he'd so easily write his fancomic into the series.

What's the general opinion on Sonic Universe? I'm yet to pick up a copy. They plug it so incredibly much during the main comics, I think they've finally cracked my skull and made me want to check it out D:

I don't really think the Silver arc is an adaptation, of sort, of Other: M. Most of those ideas were already there (the alternate universe Lara-su with and evil-turned, Enerjak Knuckles) whose plotline wasn't really finished, so it sounds like he's just tieing up a loose end. That's only if it is using the AU Lara-su plotline. Other than Silver meeting a different group of freedom fighters with an evil Enerjak, there really isn't much else to know for sure as it's too early to make a conclusion.

What's the general opinion on Sonic Universe? I'm yet to pick up a copy. They plug it so incredibly much during the main comics, I think they've finally cracked my skull and made me want to check it out D:

I enjoyed Universe much better than the main series lately myself. The Iron Dominion Arc left a lot to be desired and contained a little too much filler to my liking. The better parts were the Journey to the East, which were all in the Universe title. I'm also not terribly fond of all the two-parters after the ID. While it was great to revisit some old places and Teammates with Sonic traveling with one of the core Freedom Fighters to get some world building done, it felt like that was the only thing those stories were doing, leaving with not much else to really enjoy out of those issues. Only the last one Thicker Than Water, was really good.

Then there was the

Geoffrey going traitor

plotline which, is pretty much completely going against anything this character has done and retcons it.

Sonic Universe on the other hand: has the Shadow arc, and does something that I think is incredibly hard to do (making Shadow a great character to read) and succeeds. the Mobius: 30 Years Later arc, a story very few people weren't very excited for, ended up being a nice little diversion from the main story continuity. The Knuckles arc, I admit I had a problem with in that it focused too much time on that world building and teasing Ian likes to do and ends up cluttering up and takes away focus on the main story. Journey to the East was world building done right and ends up being much more enjoyable the Iron Dominion main issues at the time. The Tails arc was also great too, bringing the Battle Bird Armada into the main archie continuity and adapts the Tais Game Gear game! Treasure Team Tango... I don't think exceeds our expectations that Ian wanted up to believe in being a comedic story arc -- the story is pretty paper thin and takes some time to move along, but it has great use of characters and I enjoyed the first three issues so far.

So, I honestly think Universe has been much better than the main book lately, but that just me! The recent Genesis Arc looks ace and i'm looking forward to it, though.

I'm thinking bout starting collecting the main comics from #250 would that be wise. Would I be confused in the whole story?? I'm buying the achieves comics but how far into the series will take stop making the achieves? Until they catch up?? How often are the achieves released?

btw how long has robotnik been out of the comics?

Do you mean #25? Because #250 hasn't happened yet :P

I read all through #25-#115 yesterday. I'll give my full opinion later (sleep deprivation), but it had it's ups and downs. Also the Endgame saga is over-rated (but still pretty decent) and some of the newer story arcs are more developed, better written and Sonic-y than any of the old issues; where older Archiesonic feels like SatAM with extra fancharacters and echidna / Kingdom of Acorn subplots. Just thought I'd throw that out there before I headed to my bed.

Issue 250 is still like, what.. 2 and a half years away? You might want to start collecting sooner than that, haha. They're bringing in the whole Genesis thing soon, so you could probably start collecting from there.

Issue 250 is still like, what.. 2 and a half years away? You might want to start collecting sooner than that, haha. They're bringing in the whole Genesis thing soon, so you could probably start collecting from there.

mistie good stuff, do you have facebook? would love to talk to aussies who are sonic fans. I'm a kiwi.