Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Other M is one of the reasons I returned to see Ian write the book. I see the connections, I just don't wanna believe he'd so easily write his fancomic into the series.

He's already used elements from it before. For example, you can't tell me that his revamp of the Suppression Squad wasn't influenced by Knuckles' prelates in his fancomic. Especially Miles. His characterisation is almost identical, right down to the way he speaks.

I'm no good at that kind of thing... :unsure:

So, it seems Mogul has truly changed.

Silver looks so adorable and cool here.

So those things he got shot with were either Thunder Arrows or Chaos Spear.

Edited by DragonSoul

Looking good, though I'm really interested now to see who is under the Enerjak mask. The technology vision thing makes me think, doesn't Enerjak hate technology (The Knuckles incarnate definatly did)

Looking good, though I'm really interested now to see who is under the Enerjak mask. The technology vision thing makes me think, doesn't Enerjak hate technology (The Knuckles incarnate definatly did)

I think most of us already know who it is though. :mellow:

Edited by DragonSoul

Oh man. Silver in Sonic Universe is looking impressive. I wish I had psychic powers, but I don't. :( Although it's nice to see the Time Stones again since Sonic CD. :)

As for who or whatever is attacking Silver; it's gotta be an echidna. Maybe it's Lara-Su. :huh:

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok so I am pretty late to the party having been overseas and only just caught up with my comics but.....

Wow treasure team tango's ending was a MAJOR let down. Rather than an all out brawl it ends up being two teams against two teams? And Team Hooligan and Team Babylon don't even team up when they're being double teamed?? Rouge gave up on the emerald so easily!? Just because Shadow says so?? WTF? And the action was just so-so, nothing exciting, or at least nothing drawn in a way that felt exciting <_< Oh and Nack doesn't even do anything in this issue, like literally doesn't throw down at all, he just gets foiled and beat up :angry: Yeah so shit.

The only good bit was Bean's soliloquy, and even that meant that Bean didn't get to do much fighting since he was standing and talking the whole time.

Also I like how Blaze's pyrokinesis is conveinient when the story calls for it. <_< I don't ever recall her being able to put out flames as well as create them. This begs the question of why didn't she bother to put out the flames tearing through the stupid koala population on her island back in the first SU arc when Metal Sonic attacked and burnt the town? Or in the games why she can't just cut the flames from the internal combustion engines powering Eggman's/Nega's mechs and finish their plans like that?

Eh I guess the big draw was still all my favourite characters all in the one comic at the same time, but it could've been handled/drawn WAAAAAAY better.

Now #221, I loved the art, both cover and inside! This new artist I like! Genisis counter!

Anybody else notice the Mario furry on the first page? Guy with red shirt and overalls and Mario shaped hat? I swear it was a little nod, but for what reason I don't know.

Man Mina is being a bitch. Love that Sonic is all up in Ash's face, I hate that douche. And Sally could easily just pull rank as princess and have Mina's band banned from playing in Mobotropolis.

What's with Mina's band anyways? The one chicken guy that always just says "yeah"? Have they been shown before? And why do they all wear shoes the same as Sonic's? Would this be Mina's choice as band leader? If so, obsessed with Sonic still much? :P

Also I like Sonic's comments about he wishes Robotnik was back and they'd be crawling back to Nicole. Sounds like he's getting a little bored with nobody to constantly fight with! ;)

Also......do I sense a romance between Nicole and...Espio?? :o

Now SU #25

Anybody think that Mogul is gonna end up being the big bad? I mean they keep saying an "old power" or something along those lines is gonna be the baddie so I am thinking Mogul might have lost his power in the future and has been manipulating events such as this...Enerjak thing, to get it back. Or Mogul could just be faking his frailty, using Silver until the time is right.

I'd kinda like to see this but at the same time I kinda like Mogul as the reformed villain turned wise mentor, it gives us a new look at him and gives this new threat a sense of intimidation if someone as formerly powerful as Mogul needs to tutor someone against them. Plus I've always like Mogul's somewhat classy refined style of villainy and think he'd make a rather good humbled teacher character in a post apocalyptic world.

Edited by The-Master-Board

I also enjoy this Mogul, but I've got an interesting theory about him. He's using Silver not for himself, because he knows he's living in a ruined world, but for his other selves who dream of dominating Mobius. He has a profound understanding of this because he was Master Mogul. It's selfless in a very twisted way.

I also enjoy this Mogul, but I've got an interesting theory about him. He's using Silver not for himself, because he knows he's living in a ruined world, but for his other selves who dream of dominating Mobius. He has a profound understanding of this because he was Master Mogul. It's selfless in a very twisted way.

That's a very interesting idea indeed!

I just love Mogul. He's a really cool villain, something the games can't seem to get right. If it's not Eggman the main villain always being overshadowed by some monster of the week it's him being a pansy or them completely missing the mark with "HURR Loook at me I'm teh evilz Mephiles I'm so dark cuz I'm Shadows shadow HURR!" type of characters that just ooze lame trying too hard to come off as evil.

I wish the games had some recurring villains of the caliber the comics do.

Edited by The-Master-Board

Archie posted the solicitation for StH #225 on their website early.

http://www.archiecomics.com/blog/news/2011/02/sonics-25th-anniversary-begins-here.html

sth225.650.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #225

"One Step Forward..."

Sonic's 25th Anniversary begins HERE with a double-sized, gatefold cover! Dr. Eggman's newest creation threatens all of Mobius, forcing Sonic to team up with the evil Ixis Naugus. It's a race against time with a world-changing ending you won't believe! The prelude to "Genesis" starts now with this awesome anniversary issue.

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn

ART: Tracy Yardley!, Terry Austin, John Workman & Matt Herms

Gatefold Cover by Patrick Spaziante

Shipping Date: 5/18/2011

On Sale at Comic Shops: 6/1/2011

Newsstands: Week of 6/7/2011

Comic, 32 pgs, 40 lb. glossy stock, Full-Color

$2.99 US

Just recieved SU #25 in the mail! Expect my usual summary once I'm finished reading it! :)

Err.... 25th anniversary?

Eh, just a mistake. It happens.

And that's excellent to hear, CC14! Can't wait to find out who the mysterious being attacking Silver is, among other things. :)

I'll give you a hint:

"Find the computer room...before the Silver Surfer does!"

:lol:

I'm trying to catch up with the series (I'm on 142 now), but one thing that annoys me is when they continue stories is SSSs or something else. Or when they continue stories from the side stories in the main series (Like when they were in the middle of a fight with Mammoth Mogul in the beginning 56. I still don't get that).

So, since Archie apparently have 'big plans' for Sonic's 20th, along with this Sonic Genesis whatever, I'm actually gonna be getting the comic regularly again for a few months, at least until all this 20th-anniversary hoohah simmers down. Also going to be getting the Silver arc in Sonic Universe, too.

Oh god, I'm actually getting the Archie comic regularly again. blink.giflaugh.gif

For the record, my Archie collecting history is basically;

#109-164

Sonic X #1-40

...then just a few random issues of the main series and Universe since around May last year.

EDIT: Bloody hell, has it really been over two years since the Sonic X comic ended? Wow.

Edited by -Mark-

So, since Archie apparently have 'big plans' for Sonic's 20th, along with this Sonic Genesis whatever, I'm actually gonna be getting the comic regularly again for a few months, at least until all this 20th-anniversary hoohah simmers down. Also going to be getting the Silver arc in Sonic Universe, too.

Oh god, I'm actually getting the Archie comic regularly again. blink.giflaugh.gif

For the record, my Archie collecting history is basically;

#109-164

You quit reading the book AFTER Ian Flynn took over?

In any event, now definitely seems like the time to get back into it.