Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I'll give you a hint:

"Find the computer room...before the Silver Surfer does!"

:lol:

I can't wait for your summary as always :)

Can you please take some pictures? Like that Silver Vector or something, please? Thanks in advance.

So, since Archie apparently have 'big plans' for Sonic's 20th, along with this Sonic Genesis whatever, I'm actually gonna be getting the comic regularly again for a few months, at least until all this 20th-anniversary hoohah simmers down. Also going to be getting the Silver arc in Sonic Universe, too.

Oh god, I'm actually getting the Archie comic regularly again. blink.giflaugh.gif

For the record, my Archie collecting history is basically;

#109-164

Sonic X #1-40

...then just a few random issues of the main series and Universe since around May last year.

EDIT: Bloody hell, has it really been over two years since the Sonic X comic ended? Wow.

I beat you! My collecting history is #175, #200 and #220. But Genesis is tempting me into becoming a proper collector...in any case, I'm definitely buying #223-225, at least.

Alright, Summary time!

1.The issue opens with Mogul instructing Silver on how to use his powers and the time stone more wisely.

2.Suddenly, Silver senses something.

3.Mogul believes it to be a visitor from another time or even another zone.

4.Silver asks if there really are people who can cross between zones other than himself.

5."None that I can recall. Or, more accurately, none still living."

6.Silver volunteers to find whoever the mystery invader is and take care of him if he's a threat.

7.Before Silver can leave, Mogul stops him and tells him not to be so quick to find conflict.

8."Remember my words on potential and restraint. Ultimate power ultimately corrupts."

9.Silver tells him not to worry and that he'll remember.

10.Silver departs.

11.Silver decides to check with Edmund first, to see if he sensed something as well.

12."...That, and weird stuff seems to happen on Onyx island all the time. My best bet is to start searching there."

13.He starts to ponder if maybe the traitor from the past followed him back to the future.

14.Elsewhere, something is surveying Silver and locking on to him with a cross-eye.

15.The unknown foe strikes Silver with a green laser.

16.Silver stumbles and uses his powers to pull a chunk from a building to shield himself from the continuing laser fire.

17.Silver lands on the ground and yells for the enemy to show itself.

18.The unknown enemy heeds his request and slams down to the streets in a crash of green energy.

19.The foe is revealed to be a silver, metallic, malicious-looking creature resembling Vector the Crocodile.

20."O-Okay...I...still have no idea who you are."

21.The Metallic Vector begins assaulting Silver with a barrage of laser fire.

22.Silver shields himself using his powers.

23.The Metallic Vector then cuts two buildings in half with his lasers, collapsing the rubble on top of Silver.

24.Silver emerges from the rubble and hurls it at the false Vector.

25."Now, then..."

26.Silver floats above the false Vector, who is stuck in the rubble.

27."...Are you going to explain yourself, or do I ROCK your world some more?" (Bad Pun Alert!)

28.The false Vector escapes from Silver, who hurls more rubble at him.

29."That's right! Run!"

30.Silver then realizes his blunder.

31."No, wait, I was questioning him."

32.Silver pursues the false Vector.

33."Get back here! Truce! I just want answers!"

34.The false Vector escapes into an alley and climbs out of sight from Silver.

35.Silver comes to a dead end.

36.The false Vector sneaks up behind Silver, charging his lasers, when he's struck by a Thunder Arrow from behind.

37.Silver realizes that he was about to be ambushed and chucks a dumpster at the false Vector.

38."Got you!"

39.Silver taunts his pinned foe.

40."Thought you could sneak up on me, did you?"

41."He DID, you twerp!"

42.The hurler of the Thunder Arrow is revealed to be Guardian Edmund.

43."You're lucky I've still got enough zip to watch your back!"

44."I appreciate the help, sir. But did you see..."

45.Edmund jabs Silver with his cane.

46."How you tore up what's left of my city? Yeah, slipper! I did!"

47."B-But he started it..."

48."That's no excuse! You have the power! You should keep your friends in line if they want to rough-house!"

49."But--!"

50.*HUFF! HUFF!* And now look at me! I'm an old man, Sliver. I can't handle this much excitement!"

51.Silver pauses to let the old man continue to scold him.

52."Well? Aren't you going to explain yourself?

53.Silver tells him about the false Vector and says that he came to find out if Edmund knew anything about him.

54."And then this shiny fellow attacked you?"

55."Yes, sir."

56."And you tore up my city."

57."I...protected myself."

58.Silver asks him if he recognizes the false Vector.

59."Hmm...No. Makes me think of my poppa for some reason, though."

60."If my master is right and it IS from another zone, why would it travel so far just to pick a fight?"

61."You're too kind-hearted, Silver. You wouldn't understand."

62.While Silver and Edmund talk, the false Vector begins rebooting.

63."I remember the stories my mother used to tell me, and she didn't have it half as bad as my granddaddy!"

64."Er...Right. But about this shiny guy here..."

65.The false Vector fully reboots and changes it's mission objective.

66.System: Online. Mission Status: Data Aquired. Threat Evaluated. Return and Report.

67."He jumped off a building with no problem and has laser eyes. Does that ring any bells?"

68."Pfft, lasers. In my day they were already played out. Why can't they come up with something original?"

69.The false Vector recovers and shoves the dumpster at Edmund. Silver uses his powers to save Edmund and block the dumpster.

70.The false Vector claps his hands, creating a ring of yellow energy. He escapes into it.

71."He's getting away!"

72."Don't let that portal close!"

73.Silver uses his powers to hold the portal open.

74.Edmund asks Silver if he has his Time Stone with him.

75."Yes...?"

76."Good. You can use it to navigate the portal and find your way home. Now get in there!"

77."You WANT me to dive into the unknown?"

78."Of course not! But I've got a bad feeling about that thing, and you're the only one who can do something about it."

79."Be careful, boy. Use your head, and I don't just mean for making all that glowing nonsense."

80.Silver says that he'll be fine and dives into the ring.

81.Silver travels through a dark and twisted version of the Super Warp Ring's warp gate.

82.He emerges in a broken down city, littered with broken cars and streetlights.

83.Silver uses his Time Stone to light his way through the dark city.

84."It looks a bit like the city of portal on Onyx Island but...dark."

85."I didn't think I could find a time worse off than my own. What happened here?"

86."Who's responsible for all of..."

87.He's cut off by the sight of a large, imposing statue. A statue of Enerjak holding both Mobius and Angel Island in his claws.

88."...This?"

89.Silver senses someone.

90."Who's there?!"

91.He meets up with the false Vector.

92."You again! Well, I'm on YOUR world this time, buddy. Think you can provide some answers now?"

93.Weird metallic versions of Charmy and Saffron show up.

94."Oh, so you've got back-up? That's fine! I'll take you all on!"

95.A false metallic version of Espio drops in.

96."Er...keep 'em coming."

97.Twisted metallic versions of Mighty and Ray arrive, completing the team.

98."Th-The more the merrier?"

99.Silver finds himself surrounded by the false Chaotix.

100."Haha! Okay, you got me! But that's fair, right?"

101."I mean, I beat you on my world! Now you guys have me outnumbered on yours."

102."I mean, you're no match for me. I think. I hope. So save yourselves the beating..."

103."...And we can end this peacefully, right?"

104.They all blast Silver at once with their eye lasers. Silver flies out before they can make a hit.

105."Yow!"

106.Silver tries to put up a fight, but the false Chaotix are too much for him. They force him to the ground and false Mighty attempts to throw a car at him.

107.Silver uses his powers to stop the false Mighty and leaps back into battle.

108.Elsewhere, Silver's battle is being surveyed by a malicious figure looking through an emerald-shaped window.

109."Excuse me a moment, Constable. It appears the rebels are acting up again."

110."Oh? Am I mistaken? Who is this child? And what is this marvelous power of his?"

111.The figure is revealed to be Enerjak, who is sporting an AWESOME new design, if I do say so myself.

112.He approaches Constable Remmington, who is chained to a wall.

113."I'm afraid I must cut this short, old friend. Something far more interesting has arrived in my city."

114."Sh-She'll...S-S-Stop y-you..."

115.Enerjak extracts Remmington's soul from his body, causing his body to become a motionless husk.

116."You should know by now, Constable..."

117."...Nothing can stop ME."

118.The issue ends with Enerjak holding Remmington's soul before his collection of soulless heroes and villains.

119.Included in this collection are Sonic, Sally, Tails, Eggman, Snively, Shadow, Amy, Predator Hawk, Nack, Lien-Da, Dr. Finitevus, Ixis Naugus, and Bill Platypus.

Stay tuned. I've got another Genesis preview image along with images of the new characters/designs featured in this issue coming up! :)

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 2

It's time for some spoileriffic images! First, the Genesis preview:

HNI_0021.jpg

Hey all who didn't understand why I didn't like Treasure Team Tango. Because we could've had more like this instead.

That Enerjak is flippin' awesome. It pretty much puts to rest my doubts of who Enerjak will be in this story.

We've already seen Knuckles' form, and I think this new version really illustrates the lengths to which Knuckles has lost himself as the demigod.

Is that Lara-Le his mom on the wall behind him or is it Mari-An? There is an Echidna lady on the trophy wall. The whole wall is creepy. Their souls are being removed? Is it possible that the false Chaotix are being powered by their own essences? Holy crap. Notice Finitevus is the only one with black eyes. Knux showed no mercy to him maybe.

Glad to hear we're getting Edmund in action! I love this character. And did Ian really drop a hint that Edmund is Argyle and Lara-Su's kid?

Edited by Dabnikz

Actually I think that Finitevus' eyes are like that cuz his eyes are usually black. All the characters seem to be missing their (irises?) the coloured bits, so them having only white bits and Finitevus having only black makes sense if they have that open mouthed no eyed stare as though they are brainwashed or something.

I beat you! My collecting history is #175, #200 and #220. But Genesis is tempting me into becoming a proper collector...in any case, I'm definitely buying #223-225, at least.

My..... :blink:

That wall is disturbing.....

Tracey has become more hardcore than I imagined.....

Can we count on the Robot versions of the Chaotix being good guys and team up with Silver to defeat Enerjak and save everyone on that wall?

Can we also count on the "she" Remmington mentioned appearing to help them out as well?[/color]

Edited by DragonSoul

Hey all who didn't understand why I didn't like Treasure Team Tango. Because we could've had more like this instead.

That Enerjak is flippin' awesome. It pretty much puts to rest my doubts of who Enerjak will be in this story.

We've already seen Knuckles' form, and I think this new version really illustrates the lengths to which Knuckles has lost himself as the demigod.

Is that Lara-Le his mom on the wall behind him or is it Mari-An? There is an Echidna lady on the trophy wall. The whole wall is creepy. Their souls are being removed? Is it possible that the false Chaotix are being powered by their own essences? Holy crap. Notice Finitevus is the only one with black eyes. Knux showed no mercy to him maybe.

Glad to hear we're getting Edmund in action! I love this character. And did Ian really drop a hint that Edmund is Argyle and Lara-Su's kid?

The echidna chick is Lien Da

The dark depths of my heart are heavy with sadness and pity for poor, innocent soulless Eggman.

Holy hell that wall is creepy. High Octane Nightmare Fuel creepy. It kinda makes you wonder what happened to their kids :blink: You know, Sonia, Manik, Melody, Skye...

Not sure if they even have kids in this alternate timeline.

(Though I wouldn't know considering I never read the issue about this alternate future before M25YL.)

PC the Hedgehog; regarding quitting then, to be honest at the time I had absolute no idea there had even been a change of writers. The series had been underwhelming me for quite a while, and since I was in a bit of a scrape financially at the time, I decided to just drop the series and stick with the Sonic X comic.

Admittedly, I did originally intend to pick up with it again quite quickly (I got a job a few months after I quit reading the series), but just never got round to carrying on with it.

That's a shame, you missed some great stories. I think you'll be in for quite the treat when you start collecting again! :)

All I can think of right now is how epic the fight between Silver and Enerjak will be near the end of the arc. :D

I honestly haven't felt this pumped for a fight since the one between Knuckles and Finitevus in the Knuckles arc.

Makes me wish we saw the cover of #28 along with #225 already.

No doubt Silver will save everyone on that wall.

Edited by DragonSoul

Aww...my only relief about that damn wall is that the heroes are on it, too. Yay! That makes me quite happy inside, actually. ^^

I'm kind of wondering what Enerjak does to the souls of his victims. I would imagine he keeps them in a collection apart from the bodies or he's using them to enhance his power.

It's probably just me, but why do I hint that there is some Star War-ish thing going on here with the Silver SU saga?

I mean if Knuckles is Enerjak in this alternate future, then I 'm willing to expect there will probably a Father vs Daughter fight at the end of this saga. Well, unless Knuckles isn't Enerjak and that the real villain is pulling the strings to show up for the final showdown with Silver and the others. Though I really do see it playing almost like Star Wars, father and daughter fights, father is defeated and seeks forgiveness and redemption, and father dies (possibly in an explosion) and victory for the heroes and a tearful goodbye. That's how I see it.

Speaking of alternate futures, it seems to be that Sonic's friends/rivals happen to be the main villains in these kinds of arcs. I mean first King Shadow, and quite possibly now Knuckles Enerjak (if it is him). Though I really hope they don't make another alternate future, but if they do, I can't help to think that Tails would somehow become the main villain or worse Geoffrey *yuck*.

Eh, as I said before, time-traveling and alternate futures are my least favorite thing in the comics.

Just a random thought about Cream though and don't know if has been talked about before but, who's willing to bet we'll see an anti-aging Cream in the near future? Also, who is willing to bet that she'll be the most obnoxious, and annoying brat in all of Moebius that deserves a major spanking?

Edited by AdventChild

The dark depths of my heart are heavy with sadness and pity for poor, innocent soulless Eggman.

Something tells me I don't WANT to know what happened to Eggman.

Elaborate please.

Didn'tcha glance at the spoileriffic scans? And catch a glimpse of a red jacket on the weirdest trophy wall ever? I know I did.

This is what happens when I go backwards on the threads. Granted this is not the first time I have done it.

I dedicate this to myself:

14xl63c.jpg

It's touching, I know. *sniff*

691936bb-957f-4cb8-9205-b7fba2a64da8.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1