Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Hahaha, silly Archie. Why would I want this variant cover when I could have the vastly superior Spaz drawn one?

Well actually I will probably end up getting it also, just cuz I'm a collector.

Interesting about the hand though. I reaaaally hope it isn't Sally, but I have a unsettling feeling that it is :S especially with the whole couply-lovey thing her and Sonic have got going again recently, it'd be just like a sadistic writer to kill her off "unexpectedly" although I'm not sure but what with them killing her off (or the original intention of killing her off at #50) makes me think they might not do it again as it wouldn't feel fresh, but then again this is Genesis; a story arc that is shamelessly advertising it's retrospection. In fact I am not really ok with most of the freedom fighters who this could possibly be. Tails, no, Antione, no, Rotor, no, Bunnie, no, Sally, big no. The only ones I'd be ok with are Nicole and Geoffrey.....so I guess I really hope it's the latter.

Edited by The-Master-Board

What an odd and grim variant cover for a such a big issue. :-/ I prefer the happy epic group shots to Sonic crying. Like Master Board said, this or an epic Spaz cover featuring the Death Egg? Gotta go with the Egg.

Huh. Wonder who's hand it could be. Can't think of many Sonic characters who don't wear gloves.

...wait. King Max doesn't wear gloves...

Please please please kill the old duffer...what a glorious 225 celebration it would be.

Huh. Wonder who's hand it could be. Can't think of many Sonic characters who don't wear gloves.

...wait. King Max doesn't wear gloves...

Please please please kill the old duffer...what a glorious 225 celebration it would be.

Agreed :D Tho to be honest, it's either john or Nicole. I dunno. But the hand cover is badass.

If St. John goes, then my joy will peirce the heavens. Will be a shame to see him gone though. I've grown accustomed to loving hating that guy.

Doesn't NICOLE have black hands that end in zig-zag markings at her wrists? And how can she 'die' if she isn't flesh and blood?

I honestly don't know who it could be but i'm fairly sure it ain't NICOLE.

Look at Eggman's face.

That means it's Mina, because he totally wanted her out of the way for a long time; death to the screeching harpy and whatnot.

Now Robotnik can finally sleep in peace.

scan0003jpg.jpg

Or maybe not. He'll always hear the call of the banshees in his sleep...

• Thumbs Up 1

It can't be Nicole because she's an AI. I Hope it's Geoffrey. I never liked that dude.

Poetic justice will make it Mina though :D

Well, whoever this person who dies probably doesn't have the following criteria:

A. Doesn't wear any gloves

B. Isn't a Sega-Sonic character

:blink:(Must be Sally of Geoffrey since they kind of been imprortant characters recently.)

Edited by DragonSoul

Could it be Max? He could be classed a major character, he is the King after all. Has anyone said it's one of the younger, more involved characters that's going to die? Max could go any day now anyway

Even though this is a baseless assumption, I had the suspicion that the main reason they killed Hershey and turned Geoffrey traitor, was to piss off Ken Penders (I remember at least one interview in which Ken Penders bragged about how popular these two characters were).

So if this mysterious dead person is also Geoffrey, I would assume they killed him mostly for the same reason.

(Of course I may also be completely wrong.)

For me it is quite obvious that this is Sally. Yardley draws her hands exactly like this.

Even though this is a baseless assumption, I had the suspicion that the main reason they killed Hershey and turned Geoffrey traitor, was to piss off Ken Penders (I remember at least one interview in which Ken Penders bragged about how popular these two characters were).

So if this mysterious dead person is also Geoffrey, I would assume they killed him mostly for the same reason.

(Of course I may also be completely wrong.)

Flynn came up with the story about traitor even before a begining of this conflict with Penders.

Edited by Kiberbot

(Seems kind of strange if it was Sally since #50 had her temporarily dead and of course, #150 had Sonic "supposedly" dead.

I wonder if #225 will have this same trend as well...)

It's not Sally. Ian knows full well, and has stated, that such a move would be a figurative suicide. The fanbase would almost immediately castrate him for such a thing.

Never mind that this character might not even be dead. I'm sure Lien-Da looked like that after she got blown to hell and back.

Eh, I just have weird, out-of-the-way hunches sometimes. I never said they weren't preposterous. ;) Anyway, Mina would be cool too. Anyone important would be, to be honest. I'm really excited whatever the case, and can't wait to see who's been murdered~

Would also be weird if it were Sally.

She's running on one cover, and then dead on the other. Perhaps she tripped on a rock while running from the Death Egg?

Would also be weird if it were Sally.

She's running on one cover, and then dead on the other. Perhaps she tripped on a rock while running from the Death Egg?

If its anybody, I'm better on Geoffrey. Of course, it should be noted that said character may not even be dead. But if they do kill off any character, the mostlikely one I think will be Geoffrey (likely redeeming himself right at the last second).

All right, now first of all it cannot be any of the main major characters, the reason I say this is because the major character can also be a character that doesn't always show up but has been around for a long time. Now as much as some people would love for it to be Sally it will not be. Nor will it be any other freedom fighters, the hand shown could be anyone's hand that is a minor but major character. If Ian does kill one of the freedom fighters he will definitely hear it not just from the fans but from Sega themselves, so hopefully he will not go in that direction.

According to some fans, two people have reported that Sonic will be joined by Sally and others mainly the freedom fighters in the Genesis story line throughout the summer after issue 225. So if this report is true then we know the character that dies will be a recently double turned traitor or may be a certain A.I. That bites the dust. But we will just have to wait till either next month for the color version of this cover or until May when issue 225 is officially released.

If the character that dies is St. John, then it will be Archie comics way or at least one of them of distancing themselves from Ken Penders, and by doing so show him who runs the show.

That is all I am going to say. Let me know what you all think, God bless!

Why do people keep saying Nicole? You CAN'T kill Nicole, at least not like that. She doesn't have any physical body, and would probably just keep transferring her power and programming to wherever.

Why do people keep saying Nicole? You CAN'T kill Nicole, at least not like that. She doesn't have any physical body, and would probably just keep transferring her power and programming to wherever.

Edited by RootingForTheEmpire

If they kill Sally they're stupid, because she's the most important SatAM character, and her gone would mean the rest of them.

If they kill Mina I will understand because she's relatively minor. If they kill Ash it won't have much an impact.

If they kill King Max then Ian has a lot of good writing to do. Because that's not a character that can just die without repercussions.

If they kill Geoffrey I'll be upset because he's a series original. But if he dies he's getting a hero's funeral. He's not a traitor.