Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

All right, now first of all it cannot be any of the main major characters, the reason I say this is because the major character can also be a character that doesn't always show up but has been around for a long time. Now as much as some people would love for it to be Sally it will not be. Nor will it be any other freedom fighters, the hand shown could be anyone's hand that is a minor but major character. If Ian does kill one of the freedom fighters he will definitely hear it not just from the fans but from Sega themselves, so hopefully he will not go in that direction.

Actually I think quite a few major characters could be up for this.....crappy job position! I mean Ian himself ahs said things are gonna be shaken up, and if you know comic books, writers just love generating hype for their stories by killing off well established characters. Just look at Marvel!

Plus I have major doubts SEGA give two turds about any characters that they don't own, I think any of the freedom fighters mentioned and shown on the cover, besides Sonic and Tails of course, could be up for this, and that scares me.

According to some fans, two people have reported that Sonic will be joined by Sally and others mainly the freedom fighters in the Genesis story line throughout the summer after issue 225. So if this report is true then we know the character that dies will be a recently double turned traitor or may be a certain A.I. That bites the dust. But we will just have to wait till either next month for the color version of this cover or until May when issue 225 is officially released.

I can see it being Sally, unfortunately, some hints are there. The fact that SEGA have expressed that they don't want Sonic in a relationship, yet he has been getting chummy with Sally again recently. I think that they will alude to Sonic and Sally making up and getting back together, only to kill her off. Which would be a real dickmove, but then again like I said writers can be dicks.

Personally I want it to be a character I care little about. I like Nicole but she was always just a computer, if she were to "die" she would still technically be alive as she would just be her computer form again. However this is a little cheap and I don't see the "big death" being that anti-climatic, plus I sensed they were trying to build grounds for a relationship between her and Espio from last issue. Geoffrey I don't really care for so I would probably like it to best be him, but again I don't think he carries enough meaning with him should he ever be killed off to warrant this "big death" that Ian is hyping up. King Max.....well I can't say I'd care much if he was the one, however I don't really think he's a "freedom fighter" per se, I mean not in the way I am interpretting this.

Mina, now while I like her, but not her recent bitchy actions, I would be rather ok with it being her.....so I dunno, have to wait and see.

If the character that dies is St. John, then it will be Archie comics way or at least one of them of distancing themselves from Ken Penders, and by doing so show him who runs the show.

Now I really have no clue as to who wrote what and when, so I can't comment much on this, however I can say if Penders is so hated and if Ian is only doing this to annoy him then he is no better. seriously, you'd use stories people pay for to further some stupid vendetta? Yeah, not really putting the comic first is a great way to show you are better.

That's only my thoughts though. I really doubt he'd do it for that reason but if he did those are my thoughts on the matter.

That is all I am going to say. Let me know what you all think, God bless!

Ew. No thanks. Odin eternally watches over me, that is when I'm not praying to the dinosaur king.

Uh, isn't Sally in the Genesis preview images though? I could swear I saw her in one of those black and white sketches.

I'd like Ash to die. He's such a douche.

I second this motion, although then we'd have nobody for Sonic to be unashamedly an ass to. Aaaaand also Mina would probably stalk Sonic again. can't really have her and Amy do that.

If they kill Sally they're stupid, because she's the most important SatAM character, and her gone would mean the rest of them.

...Thats all the more reason to kill her in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 2

How do we squeeze sixteen issues out of Sonic freakin' Colors when the base of the cast is gone. Because it sounds like you want the book to be based on the games. Archie can be more involved because it's a monthly comic, and needs an expanded cast to remain interesting. Whether you like SatAM or not, that's where it has its origins.

Someone said in the article it's Nicole because New Mobotropolis' force field is coming down in the background. I agree. This also explains why the description for #225 includes Sonic supposedly on the side of Naugus. Because he's their only protection now. I'll be sad to see Nicole go. I wonder what the Espio thing was about then.

Characters like Uncle Chuck and Queen Alicia are up front this issue, that's surprising! And is Khan squarely in the friend zone if Sally's coming to him for dating advice? It's great to see Sonic and Tails goofing around... You think Ian makes Sonic impressed by Tails' speed because he's gonna see more field action in the upcoming Genesis?

Well maybe.....more dating advice to Sally from her Mum and to Sonic from his Uncle?

Will be interesting to see.

But I really like the Sonic/Tails dynamic they've got going! I miss that brotherly love!

Ah yes! Some reasoning for it possibly being NICOLE. It would make sense in some aspects, with the protecty barriers and all that needing to go before Eggman can nuke the place. Eggman would probably have personal reasons for wanting her destroyed as well, with all her contributions to foiling his plans. And they might be super-characterising her and showing her sympathetically to set up for a redemtion=death-ey sacrifice, or something. All speculation, of course.

I'm still not saying it's 100% or even particularly likely. To be honest, I don't care who dies as long as it is a main hero. ^^

Uh, isn't Sally in the Genesis preview images though? I could swear I saw her in one of those black and white sketches.

I dunno. Looking at those previews I'm gonna take a VERY blind shot and put Chuck, Sally's mom OR Khan on the " might die list" Along with Nicole, Mina or Ash. I just don't know. I haven't been hyped for a comic in YEARS!!! :/ Tho it's less hype and wanting to see if Lan actually kills anyone off important.

It still think "killing" Nicole's avatar would be a waste as well as extremely anti climactic. She's still exist in some handheld so what's the point?

She overloads and her handheld blows up. The cover is just for dramatic effect.

Remember when Sonic "died" in #105's cover?

what if Naugus turned Nicole into flesh? and she sacrificed herself, however her hands are black with a wavy line around her fists right? So it may not be her.

All right, many names have been brought up, yet one name is being debated, and that is Nicole, why you may ask well I will explain one. With everything that has happened in the past year or so, she would seem like the most likely candidate. From everything like the Iron dominion coming in and taking over as well as the Iron Queen temporarily taking control of her before Sally freed her from the Queen's control to recently being targeted by Mina at the recent concert, it would only make sense for Nicole to die if not in a sacrificial way.

Now many of you if not some of you have asked how can you kill a computer? Well the answer is simpler than you think. You see Nicole's physical holographic body would die if Eggman destroyed the heart of the city which would be where the main control center is. If that is or would be the case, then he would have killed Nicole's dream of living among her friends and the other mobians as a normal being as she has been trying to do since the final pages of issue 176. And by doing so would cause Nicole to be regulated back to being only Sally's handheld computer, basically sending her back to square one.

Some of you may not agree with this, but it seems to me at least to make the most if not some sense of that proposed cover for 225 with the dead hand on the cover. Now true, Nicole in past stories written by different writers has been depicted to die in the fight if not the final battle with Eggman. Now whether you agree or not with one of the possible future storylines that has been written in the past 16 to 18 years, there is no doubt that you must agree with one of them being part of the actual official canon storyline and timeline.

I hope this helped give an idea as to why the '' Major'' character could be and possibly is Nicole.

However I'm not saying it is her, for four other names have popped up from St. John to Mina to Sally's mother and finally to Sonic's uncle. So I guess we will have to to just wait till May to see who it is, for as I've said before despite what others may think and say because these are my opinions, there Is No Way, Ian will kill off the core and main freedom fighters that have been with the franchise and the comic from day and issue one or in the comics case issue zero.

Now I know you're thinking that since Marvel killed off the human torch in fantastic four recently, that Ian Flynn and Archie comics would do the same thing to one of the main and core freedom fighters. Well you have a point however Ian has gone on record I believe in saying that none of the core and main freedom fighters will die despite what some may say.

So for those of you that believe and hope that it's someone like Sally, I'm afraid you may be in for a disappointment, because two people that work closely with the comic from what I have heard has stated that this will not happen and that she has been seen in the issues of the Genesis story line.

However I do realize that this could be a swerve and as much as I hate to say it it may be her, that is if these two who work closely on the comic for what they have said is nothing more than to throw us off, but as a long time fan I don't believe it is her then again I could be wrong.

• Sonic News

Nicole can die same as any other machine can. Destroy New Mobo, you can destroy her. Especially if she can't copy herself onto something else in time.

Now I'm caught up with the main series. I still need to finish Universe, the SSS, the miniseries and Knuckles, though.

I see King Max dying.

By the way, what the hell happened to Nate?