Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Now as we have seen, some still believe that this Genesis storyline along with this cover indicates a possible rebooting of the comic.

However that will not be the case, because as some fans here at Sega.com and here at the cartoon and comics section as well at Sonic Stadium and many others, have stated, they do not want the comic to just focus on the game only characters.

I must agree with this, because despite how others feel the addition of the Saturday morning characters and the Archie exclusive characters at times create more intrigued for the book and the characters associate with as well as it allows the game characters to have others to expand off of.

That is why I believe a reboot will not occur, however the closest we will get is probably the main characters and those minor major characters that continue on with them will go back to probably square one, in other words back to living in hiding just like in the earlier issues.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Now as we have seen, some still believe that this Genesis storyline along with this cover indicates a possible rebooting of the comic.

However that will not be the case, because as some fans here at Sega.com and here at the cartoon and comics section as well at Sonic Stadium and many others, have stated, they do not want the comic to just focus on the game only characters.

I must agree with this, because despite how others feel the addition of the Saturday morning characters and the Archie exclusive characters at times create more intrigued for the book and the characters associate with as well as it allows the game characters to have others to expand off of.

That is why I believe a reboot will not occur, however the closest we will get is probably the main characters and those minor major characters that continue on with them will go back to probably square one, in other words back to living in hiding just like in the earlier issues.

Dude, you already said the exact same thing a few posts up. :huh:

Nobody has #222 yet? Huh, that's the first time no one's gotten the issue just as the preview was posted in a while, isn't it?

The story seems to take place some time later than the current issues, but probably before #225. Most of the story seems to take place in a flashback though. I've not read the original Sonic Super Special #15 but is this pretty much what happened in it, except having worse art? XD

If you ever come across a copy of SSS #15 or read a scan of it, check the letters page. I was printed in that issue. lol Oh what an honer, to share a book with the great Many Hands.

edit: found it! Damn letter editor cut a crucial part of my letter, which clarified that I wanted more characters but I wanted them to be from the games only. I also complained that they had far too many newly created characters. I said Espio would make a far better inclusion than another Archie created character. Guess they couldn't take criticism.

37copyu.jpg

Edited by Barry the Nomad

Funny, the second letter I got printed (can't remember the issue number, I think it was sometime around 2004 though) was basically complaining about the same thing- namely, the ridiculous ratio of Archie-made to Sega characters in the comic. :lol:

So hey, I know some of this topic's posters check out Bumbleking regularly... Anyone know what's up with Ian's forum?

Well it says the forum is down for server issues and that it will be back ASAP. But it's been almost two weeks now and when I checked it today, it was as if the site didn't exist anymore. :(

Hope it comes back soon so it can have the cover preview for SU #28, and previews of #222 and the FCBD issue to discuss.

Yeah but ain't that ironic, it goes down, as soon as we hear of the variet cover of 225 and the "major" death. Cocendince, hmm I wonder.

Yes, it is just a coincidence. Most of us BKers know that it's down because it's moving servers, not because of comic developments.

Well it says the forum is down for server issues and that it will be back ASAP. But it's been almost two weeks now and when I checked it today, it was as if the site didn't exist anymore. :(

Hope it comes back soon so it can have the cover preview for SU #28, and previews of #222 and the FCBD issue to discuss.

Strange nobody has a synopsis for #222 posted up yet, since some of you get the issue a couple of days before the release date.

/Misses BumbleKing Forums.

Strange nobody has a synopsis for #222 posted up yet, since some of you get the issue a couple of days before the release date.

/Misses BumbleKing Forums.

ChaoRC from the Mobius Forum has put up a simi synopsis already.

http://sonichqcommunity.yuku.com/topic/10417/Sonic-the-Hedgehog-222-Preview-and-Discussions-Spoilers It's reply #13

ChaoRC from the Mobius Forum has put up a simi synopsis already.

http://sonichqcommunity.yuku.com/topic/10417/Sonic-the-Hedgehog-222-Preview-and-Discussions-Spoilers It's reply #13

Thanks.

Wait, there's a Live Nude Robotnik reference somewhere in this issue?

Consider me intrigued.

Other than that, sounds like a pretty "meh" issue for my tastes.

I dunno, I kinda like this slow paced exposition. Conflict with set up always pays off more.

It's foreplay. Someone's gonna die.

IAN IS SENDING KNUCKLES TO HAVEN WITH DIMITRI? HOLY CRAP IS THIS THE START OF A BROTHERHOOD ARC HOLY SHIT.

Even for Silver haters like me I gotta say the Silver ark in SU is pretty awesome.

Any ideas what Enerjak is actually doing to all those mobians? I figured he was either sucking there soles out, or taking there energy like the egg grapes did. Any thoughts?

Edited by dirupti

Just an FYI for anyone who goes to Bumbleking, (like myself) it's back on.

Ian made a post on Monday explaining why the site was down.

This is why being evil is great. No matter who dies, I'm still going to be elated! :D

Just an FYI for anyone who goes to Bumbleking, (like myself) it's back on.

Ian made a post on Monday explaining why the site was down.

Are you sure? It' still down for me unless the url has changed. In fact, it's like the domain doesn't even exist anymore.

Are you sure? It' still down for me unless the url has changed. In fact, it's like the domain doesn't even exist anymore.

I know what you mean.

There's a list of sites with "Bumbleking" in them. Look up the one that says "Bumbleking Information" with the annotations, "The site is currently having a server back-up/move. We'll be back ASAP." Click on it and there's Bumbleking.

At least it came up for me.

I just got issue 222 and it was great! I am so glad to see Ian developing Sonic and Sally's relationship more and I can't wait to see what comes out of it.

Just a heads up: I just recently resubscribed to StH shortly after I got 221. However, I've yet to recieve 222 so I don't know if my subscription form was sent or not. I'm currently awaiting a reply from Archie's customer service to answer whether or not they recieved my sub form or not. If not, I'll simply resubscribe in time to recieve 223 in the mail next month and order 222 from a comic shop. As a result, I may not be able to provide a summary for 222 this month. However, my SU subscription is good until August, so I'll still be able to provide a summary for the next SU. Just thought I'd let you guys know why my regular summary might not show up this month. :)

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Aw man! I was waiting for you too, because of the spoiler I tagged above! Not really sure if the other summary guy got it right!

Just a heads up: I just recently resubscribed to StH shortly after I got 221. However, I've yet to recieve 222 so I don't know if my subscription form was sent or not. I'm currently awaiting a reply from Archie's customer service to answer whether or not they recieved my sub form or not. If not, I'll simply resubscribe in time to recieve 223 in the mail next month and order 222 from a comic shop. As a result, I may not be able to provide a summary for 222 this month. However, my SU subscription is good until August, so I'll still be able to provide a summary for the next SU. Just thought I'd let you guys know why my regular summary might not show up this month. :)

It normally takes them a month to process subscriptions if you don't get it by the end of March I'd call them.