Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

This is why being evil is great. No matter who dies, I'm still going to be elated! :D

It's totally going to be Sally. She'll die for realsies this time and they'll replace her with a robot. The robot looks, talks and acts just like her. Except she has green eyes.

It's totally going to be Sally. She'll die for realsies this time and they'll replace her with a robot. The robot looks, talks and acts just like her. Except she has green eyes.

Man, Some people are detirmentied that it will be her. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Like I said in my previous post, whoever wrote 124 and made Sonic, Sally's Consort, made a huge mistake and thus cause the "YOU KNOW WHAT" to hit the fan. Because you want to talk about OOC, that there in 124 was OOC for that time being. Now would it still be OOC if they did it again, why yes it would be, I mean if you want to go in that direction of making Sonic, Sally's consort, then do it when you know the comic is officially ending (which will probably be a LONG time from now), with it's final issues, it makes more sense in my opinion.

Now as a SonSal fan, was I happy that got back together in this issue? Why Yes! I was, just as I was nearly 100 issues ago, when they got together the last time. However I feel Ian's not rushing them into anything like consorting this time, but will allow their relationship as BF/GF to delevop over time. (That is of course, if he doesn't kill off Sally in 225, which I don't think he will, but you never know)

The other thing was, the fact that the SonAmy/Amy Rose fans are ticked off that in their opinion (which they have a right to), that Amy was written OOC, when she came to Sonic and Sally's aid in this issue. As I said in one of my newest YT vid's, I believe Ian wrote this scene to try and balance things out between both sides. True, Some may like what Ian did here, and some don't/won't. But to me, I believe he finally fully matured Amy's Character in the comic. Because he had her say basically, that she indeed loves and cares for Sonic and that believes in her heart that he will be hers one day, and that if being with Sally makes him happy for the time being, then in turn that makes her happy and that's all that matters to her. And all I wonder is why the SonAmy/Amy Rose fans can't grasp that, I mean comics or games, this is not totally OOC for her.

As far as the whole write "YOUR" webcomic/Fanfiction rewrite of this issue or series, that's just my way of saying, you have pen and paper or these days, a PC/labtop and keyboard, use them to write the way you want. That's all I was saying.

So that's all, and thanks for the response.

Edited by bwrosas

Who said we're hoping for Sally? :huh:

:blink:Now that I think about it, if Sega is really letting this Sonally thing go it's course, there must be something they're getting in return. That could mean the relationship will end abruptly or something... :blink:

Who said we're hoping for Sally? :huh:

:blink:Now that I think about it, if Sega is really letting this Sonally thing go it's course, there must be something they're getting in return. That could mean the relationship will end abruptly or something... :blink:

I think it'll be more likely that they'll simply decide that it's best to put it on the backburner for a while in the wake of Eggman destroying the place. Priorites in order, after all.

:huh:But still, why would Sega ease the mandate at this time in the comic? :huh:

Because it's all a-ok as long as a missile comes along to stop it. Then they can leave the options open in the future. :)

That, or they may be more confident about Sonic's coupling in the games so that the comics have less effect...:P

I think Ian is being clever here by not technically breaking the Sega ruling. He is going to make it obvious that they care for each other, have them spend time together, and flirt, but this is only teasing. Just because they went on a date doesn't make them a couple. They're not allowed to be.

Everything's about to go downhill with the upcoming arc. This is the last peaceful moment the comic and characters will see in a while. That's what this issue is.

Plus there's the implication of emotional trauma from "the death", especially if the victim ends up being related to either Sonic or Sally.

I think Ian is being clever here by not technically breaking the Sega ruling. He is going to make it obvious that they care for each other, have them spend time together, and flirt, but this is only teasing. Just because they went on a date doesn't make them a couple. They're not allowed to be.

Everything's about to go downhill with the upcoming arc. This is the last peaceful moment the comic and characters will see in a while. That's what this issue is.

Well yes, this date doesn't automatically mean they're boyfriend and girlfriend, it just that some people would jump to the conclusion that they are.

Whatever happened to the SONIC ENCYCLOPEDIA? from ARCHIE?

Last I heard it's still coming out... eventually. I think SEGA might have taken over a bit because they realized how big it was and they wanted to help market it or something. I may be mistaken though, but I believe I read something like that somewhere.

For the unknowing, the "Sonic isn't allowed to date" mandate is more accurately worded as Sonic isn't allowed to go steady. ie, he can date but he can't stay with anyone for too long. Ian specifically mentioned this when he first brought this up and I was wondering why he worded it like that. Well, now that 222 is out I know now why.

And yeah, what Ekajra said is true. It's been since... (December I think?) since we last heard about the Encyclopedia, and it was just about another delay. By the time SEGA is done with whatever it was that caused the delay, the book will probably have to be updated again because it'll already have outdated information. We probably won't see it until summer of this year at the earliest, or next year at the latest.

The preview for Sonic #226 is here already!

sth226.650.jpg

Sonic investigates the strange disappearance of woodland creatures and discovers the man behind IT ALL! What is he hiding? What is the truth that has been kept from Sonic? Where did the army of badnicks come from?

Celebrate Sonic's 20th anniversary!

It's an all new beginning!

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #226

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn.

ART: Patrick Spaziante, Tracy Yardley, Terry Austin, John Workman & Matt Herms

Cover by Patrick Spaziante

Shipping Date: 6/15/2011

On Sale at Comic Shops: 6/29/2011

Newsstands: Week of 7/5/2011

Comic, 32 pgs, 40 lb. glossy stock, Full-Color

$2.99 US

So it looks like in addition to the Death Egg, Eggman will be taking animals and using them as Badnik batteries? =D

They're talking as if he's never met Eggman before.

What.

Wait.

What if this is a reboot.

And if it is.

Holy freaking crap yes.

If not?

Well, then okay, but this is still awesome.

Edited by Azukara

They're talking as if he's never met Eggman before.

What.

Wait.

What if this is a reboot.

And if it is.

Holy freaking crap yes.

If not?

Well, then okay, but this is still awesome.

I really doubt it is. Ian's said in the past that he has no intention of rebooting the book. Artist Jon Gray also made some comments on BK leaning against this being a reboot.

Edited by Immortheus

Well, then I have absolutely no idea what direction they are trying to take with this. With this upcoming story having relations to the original S1 storyline (from the Japanese manuals), then this would require going back in time to the beginning (since Sonic's acting as if he has no idea who Eggman is or what the predicament is).. but then again, that origin would contradict the SatAM-esque story that the entirety of the Archie canon was built from.

It's not really adding up. :huh:

I'm not as excited as most, it would appear. Death Egg, instant yes...but badniks? I'm gonna wait until I know exactly how this is being handled until I lose my shit(in a positive way). ;)

(since Sonic's acting as if he has no idea who Eggman is or what the predicament is)

No...? It just says that Sonic doesn't know who's behind some woodland creatures disappearing. He wouldn't automatically assume Eggman's responsible.

Sounds like the Badniks are gonna be powered like they were in the games, just using imprisoned animals inside their robotic shells. I don't think thats actually been done in the Archie series has it? It always just seemed like the SatAM styled "transformed animals into actual robots". Also would this mean the Badniks have been revised with the series, since they appeared in early issues and didn't seem to need animal power sources?

I do think the cover looks quite good though, and I like the nice how the artist has signed their name using the old Sega gaming ratings logo thing :P.

Why wouldn't he assume it's Eggman putting animals in Badniks?

Because he's never done so in the comics before. Sonic would reason have no reason to think the missing animals and new Badnik army are connected.

But they're Badniks. Eggman's robots. I'm sure Sonic would assume Eggman is behind all of it.

Edited by Marcellove