Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

But they're Badniks. Eggman's robots. I'm sure Sonic would assume Eggman is behind all of it.

Ah, but the preview makes it sound like the mystery is "where are the animals going and where did Eggman get this new Badnik army" not "where are the animals going and who built these Badniks." But who knows what the circumstances are?

Edited by Immortheus

Looks awesome so far.

It's like they captured the Unleashed model and put it on the cover.

It looks so cute!!! :D

Edited by DragonSoul

Sonic's pretty stupid if he doesn't put 2 and 2 together that animals are disappearing at the same time as Eggman has a new army of robots.

Well, as somebody who dropped out of the comics around issue 110, I'm really excited for this! Perhaps it's not so much a reboot, as it is a temporary adaptation of Sonic 1? Then after the Genesis arc, they'll go back to the regular plot?

That, or it's a prequel to the very first issues? Like taking place before the original Sonic the Hedgehog mini-series? Most interesting...

Badniks? Insta-win! Also, I've heard this is supposed to be around twice as long as the Iron Dominion arc, or in Ian Flynn's words, "Not a new arc, but a new era". So this is totally a new gritty and contemporary reboot AKA Ultimate Sonic the Hedgehog. :P

The cover isn't bad, but am I the only one who thinks it would be better without the spine on the left?

Also, I wonder why they wrote "badnicks" instead of "badniks".

Gotta say, even if I'm a Modern Fan, that Sonic 226 cover is the best cover I have ever seen.

As for the reboot, I hope not. I hope so much to God not, as it will make everything awkward and Sonic Universe will just be left as a What If the Universe continued kinda thing. My guess is Eggman had some kinda weapon that sent Sonic to another zone. Mostly everything can be explained by other zones, like Eggman's death.

Could be some sort of flashback, like in the upcoming FCBD Sonic issue.

Also, if they do the covers like game covers, expect the last one to be like Sonic 4

Edited by bwrosas

Sonic investigates the strange disappearance of woodland creatures and discovers the man behind IT ALL! What is he hiding? What is the truth that has been kept from Sonic? Where did the army of badnicks come from?

Well, then I have absolutely no idea what direction they are trying to take with this.

Well Ian's said the mini-series and earliest issues are only partially canon to the comic, as if they're a childish retelling of early FF events. It feels like Genesis is his own version of those events, or else he's just trying to introduce those old elements into the book again as a classic game throwback. I have some theories on this arc.

If the first one is true and it's a retelling, I think something at the end of #225 will cause him to relive his earliest moments as a hero.

Or it could be due to the outcome of the Silver arc, if it's going to tie in that much but I don't think so.

If the second one is true and it's new stuff, Sonic is probably just journeying to a little-seen area of Mobius.

Either that or the Death Egg is causing some kind of interference, that makes Mobius looks like game zones. Like the Annihilator did after Endgame.

If that's the case I fully expect Ian to take advantage of the zone-warping in Knuckles' developing story.

For the #226 preview which admittedly sounds confusing to me... Maybe we'll see a new villain in this arc. Maybe the SSSSSS is back, lol.

I think it'll be a new underboss, since Eggman's gotta be up in the atmosphere at this time.

Maybe someone Sonic knows is dealing with Eggman, and the truth is that this is Eggman's new wave of Legionization. Making you a Badnik.

OR seeing as Eggman's never turned people into badniks in the comics, IT's just a NEW storyline to one make things closer to the games ( WIN ) and to add the old "game" stories and feel to the comic... making them closer together. Why is everyone scared this is a reboot? And I highly question this being a flashback seeing as how is a flashback going to change the present? That doesn't make sense to me. I'm betting it's simply eggman turning people into badniks like the games did it. Not the insane drama field robota-what-you-call-it in the old comic days.

Edited by lamontraccoon

Except the original comics featured the badniks (all the way up until it got more serious), and since those are also considered canon, Sonic should freakin' notice the same badniks he's fended off before. :P

But let's say #225 ends on a really down note, characters die, things are blown up, and Sonic goes into a coma or something. Suddenly, the book flashes to a simpler time as Sonic is remembering something in a dream. For like six issues or something, before back to the real world. That makes some amount of sense right? The Sopranos did it.

Except the original comics featured the badniks (all the way up until it got more serious), and since those are also considered canon, Sonic should freakin' notice the same badniks he's fended off before. :P

You're right, that's like the first 15-20 issues roughly. Ian's said those stories are only half-there though, because of the ridiculousness of most of them. He doesn't like to reference them. I get the idea he'd wanna retell them because he likes the book consistent. If not, Sonic is just shocked the Badniks are back, not that he's never seen a Badnik before.

Edited by Dabnikz

And if he's shocked that they are back, then he should know 'Buttnik (lol oh wow, been a while since I said that) made them.

It just doesn't add up too well. :P

And if he's shocked that they are back, then he should know 'Buttnik (lol oh wow, been a while since I said that) made them.

It just doesn't add up too well. :P

No everyone's not saying he doesn't know eggman's behind it. It saids pretty much ( imho) How, and before that, WHERE. Maybe sonic can't find them or whats causing them. Cause simply finding Eggman and NOT the device changing them does nothing.

It says no where that Sonic doesn't know who built the Badniks; as I said before, it sounds like the mystery is "where are all of the animals going and where did Eggman get a new Badnik army", not "where are all of the animals going and who built these robots?" I'm sure that while Sonic would know Robotnik was responsible for the Badniks, he wouldn't know that they're using animals as batteries because that's never happened in the comic before.

Pretty much. Thank you.. cause I thought I was crazy for a sec. My question is why does this strike people as a reboot or something. As he's never done this in the comics before why aren't people just thinking it's just a new story arc???? Thats how i'm taking it anyway. It doesn't scream REBOOT to me. :/

It screams homage to me, not reboot. It's just confusing how it fits into the entire Death Egg arc.

Why are they not stopping the Death Egg? Or maybe this will be more of a pilgrimage kind of arc. The FFs are "delivering the Ring to Mount Doom".

As for who is making the Badniks, it's no secret Eggman is behind it but he should be up in the sky at this point. It's an underboss I say.

It screams homage to me, not reboot. It's just confusing how it fits into the entire Death Egg arc.

Why are they not stopping the Death Egg? Or maybe this will be more of a pilgrimage kind of arc. The FFs are "delivering the Ring to Mount Doom".

Or maybe the FFs are on the run from the Death Egg, leading the big weapon away from populated areas or something.

Preference aside, I think this entire arc looks awesome. Like it just does it for me. Entertaining is not a word that I would describe most Sonic comics.Aggravating is the word that I would use...however. Sally could be the one to die, although I highly doubt.Espio? That would be a huge twist and with all the coverage that he has been getting? Shit, I'd be surprise, but it won't be as great.Killing anybody on the Knothole Council wouldn't be impactful enough. If they are going to have any sort of payoff in the drama, the killed off character has to have significance.Like I wonder if Ian is serious about this and I wonder what it would be like, I mean, I can't recall any major character dieing in any Sonic media. So any clue on who is going to die? And it has to be a major characher as well, right?Lethargic as I may be towards a certain character, SOMEBODY HAS TO DIE! Like they built up all this hype and I would hate to see it go to waste. You guys catch my drift?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

That Espio bit was forced, you could have used NICOLE for the same effect. :P

Speaking of which, NICOLE would be my first bet.

Edited by VEAM-F

As for who is making the Badniks, it's no secret Eggman is behind it but he should be up in the sky at this point. It's an underboss I say.

Nothing says that the Badniks aren't just being deployed from the Death Egg, sorta like a fresh off the assembly line thing. Though I could see an underboss maybe acting as the "bosses" of the old game zones (or even Snively or Lien-Da).

Preference aside, I think this entire arc looks awesome. Like it just does it for me. Entertaining is not a word that I would describe most Sonic comics.Aggravating is the word that I would use...however. Sally could be the one to die, although I highly doubt.Espio? That would be a huge twist and with all the coverage that he has been getting? Shit, I'd be surprise, but it won't be as great.Killing anybody on the Knothole Council wouldn't be impactful enough. If they are going to have any sort of payoff in the drama, the killed off character has to have significance.Like I wonder if Ian is serious about this and I wonder what it would be like, I mean, I can't recall any major character dieing in any Sonic media. So any clue on who is going to die? And it has to be a major characher as well, right?Lethargic as I may be towards a certain character, SOMEBODY HAS TO DIE! Like they built up all this hype and I would hate to see it go to waste. You guys catch my drift?

You're trying way too hard. =P

And if she dies, then I don't get my art/models/toys. Do you really wanna hear me bitching about that for years to come? :V