Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

^ Dunno if you're a reader Indy, but the comic involves long running arcs and a tight continuity. It'd be weird to halt the story for a side story, that's what Sonic Universe is for. Also, I wonder if Genesis will ever cross over into Universe. You guys think it'll be that big? It's rumored to be twice as long as the Iron Dominion arc.

Edited by Dabnikz

Genesis part two is going to have a mock-up of Sonic 2's cover.

I'm calling it.

I hope the freedom fighters appear in this story arc. I'm sure that Ian knows what he's doing right?

Lan's trolling people on the bumbleking site. lol. In all honestly tho again WHY is alot of forks scared if this is a reboot?? You guys gotta think out the box, I still say this isn't so much of a flashback but Eggman doing things he's only done in the game canon. Seeing as he's never turned people into robots like that in the comic, only in the games. So in that sense.. it's just a new storyline with NEW dangers. Bringing comic and game closer to each other. I'm not worried. I highly approve of this. :D

They're probably scared of a reboot due to all the stuff SEGA themselves have been doing.

They're very paranoid, if I may say so.

Lan's trolling people on the bumbleking site. lol. In all honestly tho again WHY is alot of forks scared if this is a reboot?? You guys gotta think out the box, I still say this isn't so much of a flashback but Eggman doing things he's only done in the game canon. Seeing as he's never turned people into robots like that in the comic, only in the games. So in that sense.. it's just a new storyline with NEW dangers. Bringing comic and game closer to each other. I'm not worried. I highly approve of this. :D

I don't! i want the comic and the games to stay as far away as possible from each other. we already established the fact that they are 2 separate universes merging them would be a nightmare! soo much so that a 3rd universe would be created. and I'm pretty damned sure lan doesn't want to do a reboot it would be too hard.

What i think? this could be a game universe story! an arc about the game universe sonic the hedgehog which has never been done before. You notice that theres no mention of the FF or anything related to the comic universe and besides SEGA has already fucked up the fact that sonic has always had green eyes thanks to sonic 4 so don't use the excuse "but he has no black eyes?!" when explaining his past. its called "Retroactive continuity" people, look it up!

Yeah i know, that would count as a side story but your forgetting something: This is sonic's fucking 20th anniversary! SEGA is going to pull all stops to promote the crap out of this including maybe derailing the comic's main arc for a bit to promote game universe sonic the hedgehog's birthday instead of pushing it off on the universe comics. and what a better way to capture classic and modern fans alike with a genesis style cover! ;)

I think its a neat idea. a game canon story explaining sonic's past adventures in 1/2/3k, but its touchy ground your disrupting allot of the retro fans holy ground and there already pissed that sonic has green eyes disrupting there story too would send them into RAEGGGG MODE!!!

If my prediction comes to pass, i really hope that archie and sega are careful in explaining an origin story for game universe sonic.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

I love how you act as if making the comics have closer relevance to the franchise as a whole would mean it would fusion with the game canon and thus they'd appear as one and the same. You should know this isn't true, since Archie loves it's independency and Sega wouldn't ever accept the Archie canon. :P

Hmm.

What if Eggman somehow wipes Sonic's memory and kidnaps the rest of the cast? This could explain the "truth" that's being kept from Sonic.

Or it's a prequel. :P

You should know this isn't true, since Archie loves it's independency and Sega wouldn't ever accept the Archie canon. :P

Good. lets keep it that way then.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't! i want the comic and the games to stay as far away as possible from each other. we already established the fact that they are 2 separate universes merging them would be a nightmare! soo much so that a 3rd universe would be created. and I'm pretty damned sure lan doesn't want to do a reboot it would be too hard.

What i think? this could be a game universe story! an arc about the game universe sonic the hedgehog which has never been done before. You notice that theres no mention of the FF or anything related to the comic universe and besides SEGA has already fucked up the fact that sonic has always had green eyes thanks to sonic 4 so don't use the excuse "but he has no black eyes?!" when explaining his past. its called "Retroactive continuity" people, look it up!

Yeah i know, that would count as a side story but your forgetting something: This is sonic's fucking 20th anniversary! SEGA is going to pull all stops to promote the crap out of this including maybe derailing the comic's main arc for a bit to promote game universe sonic the hedgehog's birthday instead of pushing it off on the universe comics. and what a better way to capture classic and modern fans alike with a genesis style cover! ;)

I think its a neat idea. a game canon story explaining sonic's past adventures in 1/2/3k, but its touchy ground your disrupting allot of the retro fans holy ground and there already pissed that sonic has green eyes disrupting there story too would send them into RAEGGGG MODE!!!

If my prediction comes to pass, i really hope that archie and sega are careful in explaining an origin story for game universe sonic.

Wow, I'm not mad at you at all, I'm confused. Mostly because we're on other sides of the coin. I want them to be more true to the games... mostly because I got into this from the games. So when I see things being thrown away for the sake of a show that isn't coming back it kindof sucks. But I still say this is the main storyline and it's what changes the game. If this were another time another place.... exactly how would it change anything in the prime stories? It couldn't... as I don't see silver around in 225 and 226. But I respect that you want the games far away from the comics, I just don't understand it it's all. XD

With that point out the way, who do you think is the lucky death tool? My bets on nicole, and BTW as late as this is... I loved #25 the silver saga, Enterjax........ I'm actually shocked they showed him stealing souls on PANEL. :o And 221 was epic. Yes.. I JUST got my issues. :c

With that point out the way, who do you think is the lucky death tool? My bets on nicole, and BTW as late as this is... I loved #25 the silver saga, Enterjax........ I'm actually shocked they showed him stealing souls on PANEL. :o And 221 was epic. Yes.. I JUST got my issues. :c

I don't think it could be Nicole, notice her hands are black whereas the hand on the Death Variant cover looks plain. Note there's no glove either. Maybe it's King Elias?

I don't think it could be Nicole, notice her hands are black whereas the hand on the Death Variant cover looks plain. Note there's no glove either. Maybe it's King Elias?

Not to mention it would be very stupid for a tragic death for a milestone considering NICOLE is a computer/AI and would just be reverted back to a hand-held if it was her to "die" anyway.

Edited by DragonSoul

Ian has you guys by the you know what, cause he has you now questioning what the heck is going on.

Edited by bwrosas

I like how no one's taking Sonic Universe into account and that the next arc is likely a Scourge one.

I like how no one's taking Sonic Universe into account and that the next arc is likely a Scourge one.

? I'm lost. The next Universe arc isn't that big of news compared to the main line... last time I checked. That and people are freaking out cause of the 226 cover hopefully isn't a reboot. XD

Ian has you guys by the you know what, cause he has you now questioning what the heck is going on.

Oh like your not.

I'm not sure about you guys, but when I talk about Nicole being the death, I refer to her being erased completely. As, y'know, data can be. Just reverting her to the handheld form would be a complete cop-out. I want that destroyed as well if she ends up being killed. >: D

Edited by RootingForTheEmpire

I'm not sure about you guys, but when I talk about Nicole being the death, I refer to her being erased completely. As, y'know, data can be. Just reverting her to the handheld form would be a complete cop-out. I want that destroyed as well if she ends up being killed. >: D

^^^ This! IF she is the one to die, then she would have to die completely. No handheld, No data... VIRUS!!! Spyware or whatever. "File not found" Type of shit. But we don't know, fans are up in arms, Lan and crew are laughing, the sane fans will wait it out, if things are true... this fanbase will rock and shit will never be the same. I'll cont. to read X23 and Street Fighter until the smoke clears. =D *hides in his room playing MVC3 with Zero.*

I was hoping for an Eggman arc. >_>

I suppose Scourge is more likely though...

I'm not sure about you guys' date=' but when I talk about Nicole being the death, I refer to her being erased completely. As, y'know, data can be. Just reverting her to the handheld form would be a complete cop-out. I want that destroyed as well if she ends up being killed. >: D[/quote']

Hmm, yeah. But still, if they killed Nicole and left her as an handheld she could lose her character and become monotone SatAM computer again. Though on second thought maybe that wouldn't be a good idea... if she was 'erased' completely it would certainly be a shakeup. I don't see it happening though I'm afraid.

I was hoping for an Eggman arc. >_>

I suppose Scourge is more likely though...

I was hoping for an Eggman arc, too.

Clearly moreso than Ian was hoping for functional kneecaps over Easter.

Kidding, kidding. Ian's too awesome to harm.

Oh yeah, I'm way more interested in Universe really. I'm not being sarcastic here, cause Universe has held my interest in the comics for a while, since it started near the Iron Dominion saga and it bored me stupid.

Scourge would so make me happy to have his own Arc. I honestly think the next Arc is either Scourge, Eggman (as it was hinted) or Mighty as he has an Arc waiting to happen. Wonder when it will be unveiled? Anyway I'm happy with the Silver Arc at the mo (At least it disttracts me from this death stuff, its beginning to annoy me)

I remember the hints at there being a Scourge arc in SU, but have there been any hints implying it's likely to be the next arc? Most relevant to my interests as Scourge and the Suppression Squad are my favourite Archie Sonic characters =D

Just got a response from Archie's Customer Service. Apparently, they DID get my order, it's just taking a bit longer getting here. I'll be sure to provide a summary and scans once it gets here. :)

As for 226, I can't wait for it! I'm very interested to see where they're going with this whole "Sonic 1 Adaptation" thing. Love the cover.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Clearly moreso than Ian was hoping for functional kneecaps over Easter.

But Kneecaps lives in Albion.

Well what date does the cover preview and synopsis hit? The next one is the new Universe arc. I predict we're seeing a Mighty arc that stretches from Mercia (Little Planet anyone) to Sandblast in search of his sister, and a future Knuckles and Dimitri arc for when the Death Egg inevitably crashes into Angel Island, again.