Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

They should be out tomorrow (or sometime very close to them), actually.

Edited by VEAM-F

They should be out tomorrow (or sometime very close to them), actually.

The preview for Sonic Universe #29, you mean? No, those only come out on a Monday every month. You're thinking of the preview pages for Sonic Universe #26.

Preference aside, I think this entire arc looks awesome. Like it just does it for me. Entertaining is not a word that I would describe most Sonic comics.Aggravating is the word that I would use...however. Sally could be the one to die, although I highly doubt.Espio? That would be a huge twist and with all the coverage that he has been getting? Shit, I'd be surprise, but it won't be as great.Killing anybody on the Knothole Council wouldn't be impactful enough. If they are going to have any sort of payoff in the drama, the killed off character has to have significance.Like I wonder if Ian is serious about this and I wonder what it would be like, I mean, I can't recall any major character dieing in any Sonic media. So any clue on who is going to die? And it has to be a major characher as well, right?Lethargic as I may be towards a certain character, SOMEBODY HAS TO DIE! Like they built up all this hype and I would hate to see it go to waste. You guys catch my drift?

So iT's a little late I know bUt I just wanted to say foR how Brilliant the cOver for SU#25 was the issue itself was a snorefest. How boring. I don't care about an alternate reality "Silver" Chaotix, and the battles were pretty uninspired anyway. The only thng of slight interest to me was the weird "soul sucky out" trophy wall EnerJak's got going there. Eh I was hoping we'd get a liTtle more expose' to Silver's world not some other lame world.

On the subject of issue two twentY six I dOubt this is a reboot, at least I hope it isn't! That woUld be lame.

I do hope however that we'll See more zones appear in the comics, cUz I mean seeing Oli Ocean a few issues baCK was epic! Oh and Sally needs to stay alive :P

(Loving that Spaz is back on covers, hope it lasts :angry: )

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

The preview for Sonic Universe #29, you mean? No, those only come out on a Monday every month. You're thinking of the preview pages for Sonic Universe #26.

Huh, I've known them to come out earlier. I only said tomorrow because I've known them to be a couple of days after the release of the previews (sometimes on the same day, bizarrely), which is why they're very close.

I dont believe this the international subs are up again i wasa subscriber for universe for like 3 months then it cancelled tso basically i bout 3 issues for nigh on £12 each! WHAT THE DUECE!

Ooo, international subs are back for Sonic AND SU! Nice! I might have to go ahead and get them, if I can pull together the dough. It would work out cheaper overall that way, I think, anyway ♥

So iT's a little late I know bUt I just wanted to say foR how Brilliant the cOver for SU#25 was the issue itself was a snorefest. How boring. I don't care about an alternate reality "Silver" Chaotix, and the battles were pretty uninspired anyway. The only thng of slight interest to me was the weird "soul sucky out" trophy wall EnerJak's got going there. Eh I was hoping we'd get a liTtle more expose' to Silver's world not some other lame world.

On the subject of issue two twentY six I dOubt this is a reboot, at least I hope it isn't! That woUld be lame.

I do hope however that we'll See more zones appear in the comics, cUz I mean seeing Oli Ocean a few issues baCK was epic! Oh and Sally needs to stay alive :P

(Loving that Spaz is back on covers, hope it lasts :angry: )

I'm with turbojet on this one.

(It'll probably only be for Genesis, or even just part of it. Cry moar. >: D)

Well, after readin 222 today and seeing the Sonic Grams hinting at Al & Cal I do a facepalm. Why bring back those dingbats? They were to explain the special stage back then and now we have "The Mighty FEAST!!!!!!!!!" These two really bugged me. Though I guess Ian is really digging into the Sonic Comics past with the alternate Lara Su being in Silvers Arc (The Archie Sonic Universe Blog just about assured it!)

Looks like Bark and Fiona have had some legionization work done.

Some people always have to find a way to look their youngest :P

I quite like how this arcs unfolding though (even if it seems to get a bit more morbid with each passing issue :V), since its nice to see some spotlight on Silver and its interesting to see how the characters turned out in this world.

Is it me though, or do these "Prelate" things seem inspired by the Metal Teams that could be used in the two player of Sonic Heroes?

Holy moly it really is Ian Flynn's Other M!

If you don't know, this was Ian's fancomic before he came to Archie, about Sonic in another dimension. The FFs have members like Bark and Fiona (they are lead by Bean) and are all part roboticized like Bunnie. And Knuckles is insane. He's obviously gonna twist it to fit the comic but this is his story from like 2003!

Holy moly it really is Ian Flynn's Other M!

If you don't know, this was Ian's fancomic before he came to Archie, about Sonic in another dimension. The FFs have members like Bark and Fiona (they are lead by Bean) and are all part roboticized like Bunnie. And Knuckles is insane. He's obviously gonna twist it to fit the comic but this is his story from like 2003!

:| I told you guys. I kept sayin' it, didn't I?

Sometimes I hate when I'm right *le mushroom sigh*

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought it was already confirmed to be based on Ian's old comic? Each preview in each Sonic Grams for Universe 25 and Sonic 221 mentioned "Can Silver survive against Enerjak's Prelate army?" An obvious reference to the story.

Not bad, I kinda like Enerjak's inner monolgue. Also awesome, Fiona's back. I actually quite like her, even if she is a back stabbing, Tails Slapper. I guess when Evil rules the world you kinda change priorities. Is Ian's story around anywhere to read? I'm quite interested now.

I'd be surprised if it is. He quickly and swiftly banned any discussion of it once he became Archie Comics staff.

I'd be surprised if it is. He quickly and swiftly banned any discussion of it once he became Archie Comics staff.

Old link from the old Bumbleking thread. It's the full series. Thanks to the original uploader, Overij.

Edited by Dabnikz

I thought it was already confirmed to be based on Ian's old comic? Each preview in each Sonic Grams for Universe 25 and Sonic 221 mentioned "Can Silver survive against Enerjak's Prelate army?" An obvious reference to the story.

I did point that out, several times, but no one paid much heed. Then again, not many people have likely even read Other M, so... XD;;

Bark is in this thing? Well maybe I have a reason now to be interested...

It be more interesting if Bark spoke in this alternate timeline.

I'm not saying he would speak in actual dialouge, just maybe one word so everyone would be shocked. :P

I think he's spoken like one line before.

Or I'm crazy, but I do recall him speaking once.

After reading the Other M story (Thanks Dabnikz!) I can really see the similarities. I wonder how in depth the deaths may be since its kinda hinted at in the third one.

I think he's spoken like one line before.

Or I'm crazy, but I do recall him speaking once.

Nope. The closest he's had was just a speech bubble that went "?!"

And here's the fifth preview page.

su26_5.jpg