Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

As far as my previous comment is concerned, I was partially being facetious, but at the same time, in regards to Penders, if he ever manages to "wrench" the characters away from Archie, all they'll be is fan-characters, because they depend so heavily on the Sega/Archie characters. He would have to seriously rewrite their backstories in order to make them originally (for the most part...), and by that point, he's not going to make any money off of them, anyway, as the only reason they have become so popular is because they are in a comic book with Sonic's name slapped on it.

As far as technicalities are concerned... they are "technically" official Sega characters, yes. And because of this reliance, Penders can't do anything with them (and that's what I was referring to when I called them fan-characters...).

As far as the above page is concerned... I LOVE Amy's reaction at the end of that page. "Sonic WILL be mine one day... but I just want him to be happy, SO BACK OFF!"

Obviously though weren't the exact words, but you get what I'm saying... xD

For those that think Ian ruined Amy Rose in 222, These will show you he didn't:

*pics*

Eww, camera pics. no offence but printed media never comes out well on a camera.

Here, I found these online via a comic preview for 222:

sonic222pg21.jpg

sonic222pg22.jpg

That will prove your point better.

Even the less nitpicky of the dual game/comic fans have raised an issue with the way this scene was handled...

Well, not "ruined" per se (not for the less nitpicky, anyway). They just think that Amy defending Sonic and Sally with the dialogue and mindset that she did was out of character. They don't mind her defending them, they just think being so submissive to Sonally so quickly isn't her thing.

I personally don't give a monkeys as long as I get my shipping fuel (and there's plenty of it...even though Ian looks to be pairing Espio with Liza instead. But since he's made her into a cheery ditzy girl as I suggested instead of a typical pure angel who understands all, I am okay with this. :D ).

Edit: Well, okay, I lie when I say I don't care for the ship. But not in the sense that I don't like Sonally (even though I don't...bear with me.), but it's becoming so intrusive to the story at the moment that it's hard to ignore and is getting outright annoying.

Edited by VEAM-F

Hmm. While I understand the reasoning behind making Amy a mature and formidable character... I gotta say I prefer immature crazy stalker whack-job Amy better.

Hmm. While I understand the reasoning behind making Amy a mature and formidable character... I gotta say I prefer immature crazy stalker whack-job Amy better.

Why can't there be a mature stalker whack-job or is that an oxymoron?

The only pay-off in this whole fiasco is that squirrel becomes roadkill in the very near future.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I would think that whacked out stalker behaviour cancels out maturity in the event =P But really, I just love how impatient and intense Amy normally is. I'm not as fond of mellow and patient Amy, even if she's still delusional and stalkerish to an extent :/

Why can't there be a mature stalker whack-job or is that an oxymoron?

The only pay-off in this whole fiasco is that squirrel becomes roadkill in the very near future.

Oh, I've got my fingers crossed. Either her or Nicole would be my preferred casualties.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

As much as I'd like them to kill Sally off, its not going to happen, especially since she's got such a big fanbase. I don't see how its possible for Nicole to die in this type of scenario since she's a program that makes herself appear holographically.

As far as Amy's concerned, I do like her comment at the end of the page. I find it quite funny seeing. I honestly would prefer Amy sneaking around and desperately trying to find a way to break up Sonic and Sally, though...

Sally haters suck testicles! :P

I don't think the scene with Amy was handled poorly. This is Archie Amy, like all characters in this medium she doesn't have to exactly represent her game counterpart, and anyway I thought she was still pretty deranged and stalkerish. I mean she's talking about the futire of her and Sonic, not too far from "Now you have no choice but to marry me" from Sonic Heroes.

For an obvious filler issue I really liked #222. Just Sonic and Sally hanging out again being all cutesy and close, reminds me of old times. Really like the artists too, well except for those last few images of Geoffrey St.John....wtf is with that? Looks like the artist was trying to draw the face of a real skunk!

LOVE the weird style of the artist who did the first page after the cover, he has an odd crazy style that I like, pretty sure he was the same guy who did the art from the "Retun to Angel island" arc quite a few years ago. I just wish they had gone with one of the concept designs for the cover that was shown on the extra details page, they were way cooler than the fairly boring cover we ended up getting, especially the one with Sonic and Sal running through the loop. Although I do also like the one of Sonic running whilst holding Sally in his arms (Suck it Sally haters) kinda reminds me of Sonic and Elise levels from Sth'06.

Edited by The-Master-Board
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Problem, Master Board?

Yeah these pants are a little tight around my butt, wanna take a look for me?

As much as I'd like them to kill Sally off, its not going to happen, especially since she's got such a big fanbase.

So what if Sally has a big fanbase. That didn't stop the team behind Final Fantasy VII killing of Aeris. And we all know she has a big fanbase.

No character, no matter how important they are or what media they come from, is safe.

(I'm not trying to sound like a douche. I'm really not. This is just my personal opinion.)

So what if Sally has a big fanbase. That didn't stop the team behind Final Fantasy VII killing of Aeris. And we all know she has a big fanbase.

No character, no matter how important they are or what media they come from, is safe.

(I'm not trying to sound like a douche. I'm really not. This is just my personal opinion.)

Now, I'm no FF fan, but as far as I know the first game Aeris appeared in was FF7 and she died in that same game, too. The fan base came after the game, so also after her death.

Sally on the other hand is a character who's been around and alive for almost 18 years.

Does that include Sega-Sonic characters in the comic?

Because it's pretty clear whoever "dies" won't be a character from the games because that wouldn't sit well with Sega, as we all know.

I'm not saying I'm hoping it's Sally, but she has just as much chance to be killed off as the other Archie-exclusive characters, regardless of the size of the fanbase.

Edited by DragonSoul

Now, I'm no FF fan, but as far as I know the first game Aeris appeared in was FF7 and she died in that same game, too. The fan base came after the game, so also after her death.Sally on the other hand is a character who's been around and alive for almost 18 years.

I forgot about her fanbase coming after the game. Your right. I wasn't thinking clearly while I was typing :( . As for Sally, I still think she can die. Take the Fantastic Four for example. Recently (Spoiler Alert!)Johnny Storm dies. And he's been around since the beginning of the fabled comic. So who knows, maybe Sally will die. Maybe she won't die.

Does that include Sega-Sonic characters in the comic?

It depends on how important they are to the story. Personnally, I'd have Shadow die but that's not my call. It's the people higher up at Archie/Sega who will make the decision.

Edited by Darth Sonikku

Sally's in the previews for "Sonic Genesis" which starts in issue 226. So she is not going to be killed off in issue 225. I don't get all the Sally hate. I think that she's a great character.

@Yugi12

I don't think Sally is a bad character. But I couldn't care less if she died. One reason why people might not like Sally is because her romantic interactions with Sonic and vice-versa gets on people's nerves. Another reason could be the fact that she is the main female lead instead of Amy Rose. There are more reasons why people want her to die, but there are more reasons why people want her to live as well. To me; if the chipmunk dies, then she dies. If the chipmunk lives, then she lives.

P.S. Issues 226 and beyond could be flashbacks of Sonic's adventures. So if Sally does die in 225, she'll still show up in the Genesis arc as part of Sonic's flashbacks. Canon-wise, she would be dead. Flashback-wise, she would technically still be alive. This is just my opinion and the Genesis arc may be totally different than what I expect. (Rotor is also in his classic design in the Genesis previews, is he not?)

I'm with Sally all the way when it comes to her or Amy. I don't really understand Amy's place in the series. Sally's the leader and heiress to the Kingdom they fight for. Amy's got little connection to the cast since she was introduced later. Her game roles are shallow, how do you develop that. Tell us where she got her hammer maybe.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm with Sally all the way when it comes to her or Amy. I don't really understand Amy's place in the series. Sally's the leader and heiress to the Kingdom they fight for. Amy's got little connection to the cast since she was introduced later. Her game roles are shallow, how do you develop that. Tell us where she got her hammer maybe.

@Yugi12

I don't think Sally is a bad character. But I couldn't care less if she died. One reason why people might not like Sally is because her romantic interactions with Sonic and vice-versa gets on people's nerves. Another reason could be the fact that she is the main female lead instead of Amy Rose. There are more reasons why people want her to die, but there are more reasons why people want her to live as well. To me; if the chipmunk dies, then she dies. If the chipmunk lives, then she lives.

P.S. Issues 226 and beyond could be flashbacks of Sonic's adventures. So if Sally does die in 225, she'll still show up in the Genesis arc as part of Sonic's flashbacks. Canon-wise, she would be dead. Flashback-wise, she would technically still be alive. This is just my opinion and the Genesis arc may be totally different than what I expect. (Rotor is also in his classic design in the Genesis previews, is he not?)